It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Hello new person here  (Read 4170 times)

Offline Brett63

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: None (yet)
Hello new person here
« on: September 01, 2021, 07:40:28 AM »
Hello everyone,,,,
I’m Brett and not sure if I’m doing this right.
I’m 63…. Been married a number of times with not good outcomes. A friend said I should try a Ukrainian woman. So, that’s what I’m doing. I just joined international Encounters and have found a fair amount of women to correspond with. My question is how difficult is it to get a woman you fall for back over to the US? Especially since the whole Afghanistan mess?
Also, are there things I need to know about taking a FSU woman as a wife?

Thank you all in advance

Brett

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Hello new person here
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2021, 08:29:07 AM »
Many details are found here...   http://www.visajourney.com/
There is a section for Ukraine brides.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2021, 09:01:59 AM »
Brett-

If a wife is what you seek, be prepared to be patient not only on the forefront of your search, but more so when your inamorata arrives. This will be, and is, both consuming in time and money, not least of which your sanity.

There is a very small number of men who are, and have been, happy with their experience despite the mentioned experience above. But far greater number of men failed, some unmercilessly.

If you venture forth, just remember not to abandon your wits and instinct. They will never betray you.

I am happily married to a woman from Russia for over 16 years. No regrets. But I won't suggest to any of my friends or associates to pursue this experience. Nor will I ever do this over again given the chance.

At 63, why pursue 'marriage'? A living 'partner' is fast become norm in my neck of the woods.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:23:49 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Hello new person here
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2021, 09:17:37 AM »
Hello everyone,,,,
I’m 63…. Been married a number of times with not good outcomes. A friend said I should try a Ukrainian woman. So, that’s what I’m doing. I just joined international Encounters and have found a fair amount of women to correspond with. My question is how difficult is it to get a woman you fall for back over to the US? Especially since the whole Afghanistan mess?

Thank you all in advance

Brett

Brett, welcome to the forum.  :welcome:

I would advise reading these links and then as you have more questions
come back here and ask them.

The RWD 10 commandments
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=1740.0

How to get started
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=14615.0

The free E Book
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=ezportal;sa=page;p=47

My story
http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=3432.0

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2021, 06:16:16 AM »
At 63, why pursue 'marriage'? A living 'partner' is fast become norm in my neck of the woods.

If she's from abroad he'll need to marry her for the fiance visa for her to be in the US unless he moves to her country or they move around. If it's the website I think it is they seem to take women from existing Russian & Ukrainian community in the US. That would solve the problem and allow Brett to avoid marriage. I agree though if Brett can avoid marriage at his age I think I would do it, a living 'partner' sounds a lot more breezy and fun to me than getting bogged down in a marriage to someone.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2021, 06:22:09 AM »
Hello everyone,,,,

Thank you all in advance

Brett

:welcome: Brett

Had a quick Google search, is this the website you mean:

http://www.encount.com/membership/

Or another one?

I'm not familiar with it. If it's the one above it's a fair amount of money upfront and they seem to guarantee the guy will find someone. I would be surprised if that doesn't come with a disclaimer somewhere. If it works well it could be money well spent as it looks like its women from the local Russian & Ukrainian communities so saves travelling costs abroad & difficulties. I'm dubious why they can get interest fr Russian & Ukrainian communities in the US as they could just use any western dating site as bad as some of them can be, usually for the guy.

Would be interested to hear more about your experiences with them.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2021, 06:43:04 AM »
If she's from abroad he'll need to marry her for the fiance visa for her to be in the US unless he moves to her country or they move around. If it's the website I think it is they seem to take women from existing Russian & Ukrainian community in the US. That would solve the problem and allow Brett to avoid marriage. I agree though if Brett can avoid marriage at his age I think I would do it, a living 'partner' sounds a lot more breezy and fun to me than getting bogged down in a marriage to someone.

I alluded to dating locally, TC
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2021, 07:01:03 AM »
I alluded to dating locally, TC

For sure GQ, didn't mean it as a dig as to what you were saying was just to clarify. It's all good.

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2021, 10:55:02 AM »
Had a quick Google search, is this the website you mean:
http://www.encount.com/membership/
I'm not familiar with it. If it's the one above it's a fair amount of money upfront and they seem to guarantee the guy will find someone. I would be surprised if that doesn't come with a disclaimer somewhere. If it works well it could be money well spent as it looks like its women from the local Russian & Ukrainian communities so saves travelling costs abroad & difficulties. I'm dubious why they can get interest fr Russian & Ukrainian communities in the US as they could just use any western dating site as bad as some of them can be, usually for the guy.

Would be interested to hear more about your experiences with them.
Site seems a bit outdated.   Traffic volume is very low now.

http://www.zoominfo.com/c/encounters-international-inc/54791720
http://law.justia.com/cases/federal/district-courts/FSupp2/318/279/2472900/

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541317
Total Topics: 20860