It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Really thinking a Belarus would suit me best  (Read 13657 times)

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Really thinking who would suit me best
« Reply #25 on: January 04, 2022, 09:09:05 AM »
She'd go round a female friends home and the husband would start hitting on her behind his wife's back..this happened with two of her female friends.

What Trench needs to do is to go after a woman that isn't heavily pursued
for marriage by the local yokels. A 38-40 year old slim professional who is
a bit cute and has a child.

Now he has something to offer (love and marriage) that isn't available to
her locally.

Those videos of twenty somethings posted by others are not realistic search
opportunities for a guy without seriously gifted social skills and upwardly mobile
financially.

A guy with limited prospects and limited social abilities needs to find a good girl
the same age or two years younger who will look at him as a potential fixer upper.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
If you like skirts and dresses buy her a ton of hose/stockings
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2022, 09:19:55 AM »
In the FSU women wear heavy duty panty hose/stockings. I don't know what
they are called but they are durable and keep slim legs warm. They cost significantly
more than a pair of "Legs panty hose" but they last much much longer as well.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Jumper1

Re: If you like skirts and dresses buy her a ton of hose/stockings
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2022, 09:51:56 AM »
In the FSU women wear heavy duty panty hose/stockings. I don't know what
they are called but they are durable and keep slim legs warm. They cost significantly
more than a pair of "Legs panty hose" but they last much much longer as well.

It was 7F here yesterday, so those would be needed  :popcorn:

It's not norf dakoty (but sometimes I wonder) 

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2022, 10:35:36 AM »
It was 7F here yesterday, so those would be needed  :popcorn:

It's not norf dakoty (but sometimes I wonder)

Yew Betcha!

It wasn't Norf Dekody advice, it was advice for those in Blighty.

I'm in Texas now and we are still learning how to survive the bitterly cold
winters here. This week it's been getting colder than 70F.  So we mostly
stay inside a lot  ;D If it gets any colder, I'll start making hot cocoa.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 10:37:09 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW don't do vague

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2022, 02:21:08 PM »
Yew Betcha!

It wasn't Norf Dekody advice, it was advice for those in Blighty.

I'm in Texas now and we are still learning how to survive the bitterly cold
winters here. This week it's been getting colder than 70F.  So we mostly
stay inside a lot  ;D If it gets any colder, I'll start making hot cocoa.
🤣

Every winter I ask myself why why why I live where its cold.

I never have a real good answer hahaha

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
How dry I am
« Reply #30 on: January 04, 2022, 04:11:29 PM »
🤣

Every winter I ask myself why why why I live where its cold.

I never have a real good answer hahaha

My parents live in Blythe California, which is dirt bike paradise.
90 miles from Mexico, 200 miles from the Mint 400, 60 miles
to the Glamis sand drags. There has to be 40 different desert
races within 150 miles in any direction.

The Colorado River is right there. 

The Summers are like being wrapped in aluminum foil and being
cooked alive in a microwave oven. Imagine riding with a hair dryer
in your mouth.

Don't move there, your wife would kill you (and you would deserve it).
I still haven't forgiven my parents for moving there when I was in the
5th grade. My little brother is a MacGyver type fabricator and he loves
going to races and fixing broke race cars and/or making parts.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Jumper1

Re: How dry I am
« Reply #31 on: January 04, 2022, 05:48:16 PM »
My parents live in Blythe California, which is dirt bike paradise.
90 miles from Mexico, 200 miles from the Mint 400, 60 miles
to the Glamis sand drags. There has to be 40 different desert
races within 150 miles in any direction.

The Colorado River is right there. 

The Summers are like being wrapped in aluminum foil and being
cooked alive in a microwave oven. Imagine riding with a hair dryer
in your mouth.

Don't move there, your wife would kill you (and you would deserve it).
I still haven't forgiven my parents for moving there when I was in the
5th grade. My little brother is a MacGyver type fabricator and he loves
going to races and fixing broke race cars and/or making parts.

Blythe :)
Very familiar. !!!

I've spent hundreds of weekends at glamis, buttercup,Mexico, china wall, brawley slide,ocitillo, Indio ,dove canyon ,jawbone etc etc etc although many of those areas are more restricted access now.

It's my favorite place on the planet to ride.

But I fully I agree it's not exactly where I want to live lol

My wife *if we had the comfortable means ,would( like myself )prefer to have a place here or  in- as example- upper Michigan or  Idaho/Wyoming/Montana ,
 and a 3 month summer home in florida,mexico,utah  az(but mountain area)  or my old  socal stomping grounds.

In november we were in page AZ, then thru several Utah/ nat parks,back thru Colorado etc camping hiking ,fun trip, we try to do twice a year.

But yeah I'm think Brawly or Calexico cali might wear thin in the summer  🤣

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Really thinking a Belarus would suit me best
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2022, 05:07:40 AM »
I married a keeper Trench, who is beautiful as well. I haven’t got the insecurity and self confidence issues that you have and had absolutely no worries that my wife would up sticks and take off with another bloke.
You are prioritising all the wrong things in your search, unfortunately.

BTW, I don’t categorise women as you do. That’s just so shallow and shouldn’t be the benchmark. Looks don’t a marriage make. You need to wise up to that.

It's not so much that she has to be the prettiest girl but I do need to find her attractive, there be natural chemistry there. I can very well go into a relationship and marriage without there being natural chemistry there which there tends not to be if I don't find her attractive looking. It's no to say I only find natural chemistry with attractive looking girls, a lot of them are. Some attractive looking girls I don't find I have natural chemistry with, it can be kind of random. However girls I find unattractive looking I rarely have natural chemistry with. So for me it's not really that I'm going out prioritising looks in my search it's just something I'm stuck with. Online dating isn't always that useful as I never really know if there is much chemistry until I'm there. I kind of see why 2tallbill's method of ditching the girl if no chemistry there and calling up others is a good one as picking out girls online is a real poke in the dark. That's if it can be made to work which I think I can now do. Just really a case of waiting for this Omicron variant to pass now.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2022, 07:33:05 AM »
It's not so much that she has to be the prettiest girl but I do need to find her attractive, there be natural chemistry there. I can very well go into a relationship and marriage without there being natural chemistry there which there tends not to be if I don't find her attractive looking. It's no to say I only find natural chemistry with attractive looking girls, a lot of them are. Some attractive looking girls I don't find I have natural chemistry with, it can be kind of random. However girls I find unattractive looking I rarely have natural chemistry with. So for me it's not really that I'm going out prioritising looks in my search it's just something I'm stuck with. Online dating isn't always that useful as I never really know if there is much chemistry until I'm there. I kind of see why 2tallbill's method of ditching the girl if no chemistry there and calling up others is a good one as picking out girls online is a real poke in the dark. That's if it can be made to work which I think I can now do. Just really a case of waiting for this Omicron variant to pass now.

There you go, on about looks again.

Chemistry between people IMO isn’t about looks. Of course, you need to like how a person looks and it’s part of the mix but there’s a whole range of factors which add to chemistry between people.

Sadly, you are only looking at that one narrow subjective thing which, in the long run, will have little impact on how successful your relationship/marriage is.

How long do you think a girl can sustain her looks/figure. One can stay fit and attractive but with time the only thing left is the beauty within.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 07:35:39 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2022, 08:22:06 AM »
Not to worry, omicron will be replaced by flurona

There will be an endless supply of reasons you can't travel.

:)

Yes I'm picking on you.

UK has what over 2 million cases? One of the highest per percent populatiin? I don't think traveling will significantly increase your risks.

Go to Iceland the women are gorgeous there

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2022, 08:56:15 AM »
Not to worry, omicron will be replaced by flurona

There will be an endless supply of reasons you can't travel.

:)

Yes I'm picking on you.

UK has what over 2 million cases? One of the highest per percent populatiin? I don't think traveling will significantly increase your risks.

Go to Iceland the women are gorgeous there

That’s just it, Jumper. TC has no end of excuses. Covid has been very useful for him.

I’ve not let it put me off travelling. I’ve made 5 long haul trips in 2021. So long as one is sensible and takes precautions travelling is doable, albeit with a few extra hurdles.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2022, 09:19:05 AM »
That’s just it, Jumper. TC has no end of excuses. Covid has been very useful for him.

I’ve not let it put me off travelling. I’ve made 5 long haul trips in 2021. So long as one is sensible and takes precautions travelling is doable, albeit with a few extra hurdles.

I'm sure if you're a rich guy with time in your hands it's no problem. Personally for me I have to be somewhat careful, if I go now I could easily catch Omicron and end my days in some Ukrainian sh*thole hospital. Why do that when I can wait a few weeks and it probably be fine and better weather.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2022, 09:28:57 AM »
There you go, on about looks again.

Chemistry between people IMO isn’t about looks. Of course, you need to like how a person looks and it’s part of the mix but there’s a whole range of factors which add to chemistry between people.

Sadly, you are only looking at that one narrow subjective thing which, in the long run, will have little impact on how successful your relationship/marriage is.

How long do you think a girl can sustain her looks/figure. One can stay fit and attractive but with time the only thing left is the beauty within.

Yes I'm sure over time you both come to care for each other, get through stuff together, get involved in family matters, social stuff, each other, etc.

However don't you think that upon meeting she made a value judgement on how attractive you looked and likely you did the same. Sure someone who is good socially or has other stuff going for him no doubt helps but a lot is down to whether you are actually attracted to the other person. Women do the same on this as men do, all this what's the person like inside is a load of horse sh*t that just isn't true and deflecting from reality. I'm sure she's a lovely personable person but if you weren't in the ball park for what she wanted then she would be off and vice versa. I mean who the hell looks on Fdate says to themselves 'ok there's a girl who doesn't look that pretty so I'll contact her and see what she has going in the inside'. The only people I can think that do that are guts that are ugly and desperate for anyone.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #38 on: January 05, 2022, 09:29:39 AM »
I'm sure if you're a rich guy with time in your hands it's no problem. Personally for me I have to be somewhat careful, if I go now I could easily catch Omicron and end my days in some Ukrainian sh*thole hospital. Why do that when I can wait a few weeks and it probably be fine and better weather.
Common sense is not exclusive to the rich nor is travel.
Plus, you need insurance to enter Ukraine.
Aren’t you vaccinated to the hilt? So chances of you getting  it bad are remote, to say the least.
They’re just excuses, TC.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2022, 09:33:02 AM »
Yes I'm sure over time you both come to care for each other, get through stuff together, get involved in family matters, social stuff, each other, etc.

However don't you think that upon meeting she made a value judgement on how attractive you looked and likely you did the same. Sure someone who is good socially or has other stuff going for him no doubt helps but a lot is down to whether you are actually attracted to the other person. Women do the same on this as men do, all this what's the person like inside is a load of horse sh*t that just isn't true and deflecting from reality. I'm sure she's a lovely personable person but if you weren't in the ball park for what she wanted then she would be off and vice versa. I mean who the hell looks on Fdate says to themselves 'ok there's a girl who doesn't look that pretty so I'll contact her and see what she has going in the inside'. The only people I can think that do that are guts that are ugly and desperate for anyone.

You are way off point and based on the shyte you come up with constantly that’s where you’ll remain.

I met her family the day after our first meeting. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t because of my looks.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2022, 09:35:22 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2022, 09:34:07 AM »

Well I'll admit ive never been a fan of huge crowds,  so tended to avoid them when possible.This has been a more convenient excuse for doing so.

It hasn't kept me from traveling.

To TC's credit he has done what most keyboard romeos fail to do, and that is travel and meet someone face to face.

So I retain he has some hope!

It's  at a snails  pace I could never endure,but it's his own journey.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #41 on: January 05, 2022, 12:40:48 PM »
You are way off point and based on the shyte you come up with constantly that’s where you’ll remain.

I met her family the day after our first meeting. I’m pretty sure that wasn’t because of my looks.

Yes I'm sure your sterling personality won her over in an instant. More like she thought, 'this guy can provide, that's way better an offering than any of the local dudes'. Hence you were worthy on that basis to be suitable a case to bring before her parents.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #42 on: January 05, 2022, 12:58:19 PM »
Yes I'm sure your sterling personality won her over in an instant. More like she thought, 'this guy can provide, that's way better an offering than any of the local dudes'. Hence you were worthy on that basis to be suitable a case to bring before her parents.
Yes, of course. That’s it. She knew my bank balance the minute she met me. Dummy.  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #43 on: January 05, 2022, 01:44:00 PM »
Yes, of course. That’s it. She knew my bank balance the minute she met me. Dummy.  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:

Ok then, I'll ask you straight, 'why do you think she introduced you to her parents the day after meeting you?'

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #44 on: January 05, 2022, 02:17:19 PM »
I'll say I met my wifes friends (which she is closer to than her parent(s) ) before I met her.
  You can't make much out of individual situations,there were several reasons why in my case.
Anyway, first meeting her one friend, at around noon,who showed me around the general area of my flat and took me to a late lunch at a nearby cafe ,then later met 4 or 5 of her friends  after our initial  meeting and dinner date that day, as they were out bowling ,and we went to join them at the bowling alley.

Meant precious little as she still wasn't sure I was anything more than a dinner date. ;)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #45 on: January 05, 2022, 03:33:58 PM »

This tells me you have never had a long term relationship with a woman, Trench.

Physical appearance is how people on dating sites sort people they are willing to meet.  That's about all.  Even then, women will often meet with a man they don't find attractive, because they want to marry someone and are willing to expand their pool of eligible men.  However, physical attraction doesn't keep people together.

I have a friend who is very pretty - much prettier than the girl whose photo you posted.  She was pursued relentlessly by a man she had no interest in.  He is average in looks, a bit arrogant, but overall he is kind and he is really smart, and made phenomenal money (not a factor for her - she made more).  Eventually, he wore her down and she went out on a date with him, despite no interest.  But she found his mind fascinating, and more to the point, he understood her.  They have now been married over three decades, and are happy together.  This isn't an outlier/unusual story. 

Years ago, there was a poster here who was communicating with two women.  He posted photos of both.  One was a stunning beauty, even by Ukrainian standards.  The other was pretty, but just average for Ukraine.  He went to meet the second one, because he said her personality appealed to him/suited him more.  The first woman seemed nice, he said, he just had more of a connection with the second. 

By your standard, the man should have gone to meet the first woman.  But he didn't.  He's no longer on the forum, but he's been married to the second woman for over a decade. 

I think you make generalizations that just don't hold up.  I also think this type of tunnel vision thinking does you a disservice, particularly when you generalize your views to others.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #46 on: January 05, 2022, 11:36:11 PM »
Ok then, I'll ask you straight, 'why do you think she introduced you to her parents the day after meeting you?'

Because she saw the potential for a relationship based on our interaction at our first meeting and valued her parents opinions. Also observe reactions from both sides. I.e. how I responded to her family.

Family ties are important in the culture.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #47 on: January 06, 2022, 01:16:53 AM »
Because she saw the potential for a relationship based on our interaction at our first meeting and valued her parents opinions. Also observe reactions from both sides. I.e. how I responded to her family.

Family ties are important in the culture.

What did she judge this 'potential for a relationship' on? It surely couldn't have been that astounding a meeting that after one meet she decided upon this???

Did her parents speak English or you speak Russian?

It sounds an awfully tense and uncomfortable situation having them judging and scrutinizing you like your a subject of interest under a microscope not sure I would fancy being subjected to it. I know sone women do similar in the UK with their friends opinion I don't like the concept at all rather poor form I feel. Kind of always think the person should just go on what they think it's the only decent thing to do really I think.

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #48 on: January 06, 2022, 06:47:52 AM »
That scenario of scrutiny is going to happen in any culture.
More so cross culturally ( we fear the unknown,and want to protect our kids and friends)

But over all a local womans parents and friends are still going to scrutinize the man .

The time frame maybe more drawn out is all.

I guarantee you the reason I met my wife's friend,(at my wifes request)  before meeting my wife was two fold, one she was a translator so my wife wanted me to meet her before our date to decide if I wanted her to accompany us(my wife was worried her own english wasnt adequate),another was for certain a surveillance mission  hahaha to get her friends feedback on if  her friend thought I was the type of person she thought I was. It's why the lunch.

On my end I knew this ,and  i knew I'd get grilled by her friend, but dint mind.
I knew she was nervous of her  spoken english skills ,even though we had talked countless times on the phone and on vid, and it showed me she wasn't an overly jealous or concerned type ,and also fairly confident, as her friend she certainly knew was drop dead gorgeous, perfect English, and sought after.

« Last Edit: January 06, 2022, 07:21:31 AM by Jumper1 »

Offline Jumper1

« Reply #49 on: January 06, 2022, 07:11:22 AM »
Beo-

TC's journey reminds me of the children's poem..

You'll have to help me in translation? hahaha
But it has a lot of analogies to human personalities within a child's rhyme.

Buzzy the fly?

(Obviously it wont ryhme in English or be complete or in  in proper order as I'm going from.memory)

The shiny (blow) fly finds a penny,
And  she buys a tea kettle at the market
She invites all her friends to a party
( it's her birthday)
The grandmother bee brings honey,
The fleas bring shoes and trinkets,
The butterflies drink three cups each and eat crumpets(close as I can translate this snack to uk english)
The ants dance with cute ants ,while flirting with the lady bugs..
The shiny  (wealthy) Beatles dance with the butterflies..
The fly tells everyone ,dont be rude  eat eat eat !
The spider appears and lassos the moohah(fly) and drags her to the corner to eat her..
She pleads for help from the guests she has fed and entertained..
  The cockroaches scurry under the couch,the others all run to cracks or under benches..
The big grasshopper jumps  out the door ,under a bridge far away and sits quietly..
With noone to save her from.her horrible situation the bad spider bites her and smiles..
  Along come the tiny mosquito with a flashlight and shouts where is the big bad spider,I am unafraid!
He cuts the spider and takes the fly to the window..
 Tells her , he has saved her,so she must marry him.

The lightning bugs return and turn on thier lamps and the party and celebration resume.

Don't be the grasshopper or the  mosquito TC!!!

😊

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1950
Total: 1959

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM