It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ban on Sight - GoingToRussia / Enot / GTR_RMP / et al  (Read 22447 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Ban on Sight - GoingToRussia / Enot / GTR_RMP / et al
« on: January 04, 2011, 03:04:42 PM »
This is a rarity for RWD. In fact, I cannot think of another occasion in which we have publicly issued a Ban on Sight announcement.

As part of this announcement, I need to also offer a formal apology to ScottinCrimea, whom I had chastised for bringing this information to the light of day. It was an error in judgment on my part, and I regret being so hard on Scott at the time.

The message formalizes RWD's Ban on Sight of one member who has registered all the following accounts:

GoingToRussia (http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5136)
Enot (http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=3221)
Enot2 (http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=5989)
Vegas (http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=6349)
GTM (GoingToMoldova - now deleted)
And his latest, GTR_RMP (http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?action=profile;u=6583)

Any of you who visit Russian Meeting Place will recognize the User "GoingToRussia" as one of their Moderators. I have great respect for Khashyar (owner of RMP) and I like Leprechaun (Administrator), and this action is not intended as an indictment of their site.

The reasons for the ban can be largely found in the following topics:

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=8720.0.

In this topic (which was split off another topic) Scott was seeking to clarify inconsistent information being given by Enot/GoingToRussia - and was met with denials as to the obvious connection between Enot and GTR. In fact, Scott was entirely correct and there is indisputable evidence that RWD member Enot is, in fact, RMP member GoingToRussia. There is further indisputable evidence of Enot/GoingToRussia's lies and deceptions throughout his history at RWD.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=12314.0

At the bottom of page 4 of this topic, you can find "GTM" (one of several Enot/GoingToRussia incarnations), responding in-thread to "thank" another Enot/GoingToRussia incarnation, Enot2 - and the ensuing exchange, including defiant admission of the intentional deception.

In this most recent topic there is indisputable evidence of his duplicitous behaviors found at this topic -- http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=12843.0

Sadly, as a direct consequence of Steve's duplicity and shenanigans, the good will that had been developed over many months/years between Russian Meeting Place and RWD is at this point broken.

Recognizing that Enot/GoingToRussia is a long-term member of RMP (as well as RWD), and further recognizing that Enot/GoingToRussia has managed to attract some inexperienced people into his 'orbit' - this message is to encourage anyone who may be considering 'advice' from Enot/GoingToRussia to exercise extreme caution with acceptance of his 'advice.' There are numerous accounts in which his comments and perspectives have been shown to be at least fallacious if not dangerous, with one such instance documented here -- http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=8708.msg160761#msg160761.

Enot/GoingToRussia is permanently banned from RWD and any future 'incarnations' will similarly be banned. Sadly, one other RWD member influenced by Enot/GoingToRussia, BrianW, is also included in this ban.

Feel free to send me a PM with any questions.

- Dan
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:13:44 AM by Admin »

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2011, 07:07:44 AM »
I have a funny feeling that we haven't heard/seen the last of "Sybil". :rolleyes2:

GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 04:50:45 PM »
My attention was recently directed to the ongoing activities of GoingTrRussia / Enot who now makes his home at RMP. While in the past I have been loath to address other site's administration, it is difficult to ignore when they make such ludicrous and false allegations after taking actions against certain members who also happen to be active here.

It seems that GoingToRussia both instigated, and then enlisted the support of other like-minded (that is to say - addled) RMP Moderators including Buckeye5704 and others, to BAN their members 'Clark' and 'Kathy.' While those may be new monikers to most of our members, they are the same as RWD's 'Faux Pas' and 'Boethius,' respectively.

Among the lunacy recently written there are these jewels:

From Buckeye5704, the following:

* Mods ALL Mods should be held to a higher standard and in that regard Kathy failed horribly.

* As I have said earlier in this thread, a Mod should know better than that and I agreed completely that ALL Mods (even visitors from other Forums) should indeed hold themselves to a higher standard.

* I would NEVER go to another forum and openly criticize the Mods there and preach about how we do it at our place.

* Someone posted today that Mods should be held to a higher standard. Quite right.  That should also hold true for Mods from other Forums.  As a Mod Kathy knew the rules of etiquette and ignored them.  As a Mod she should exercise a little tact and diplomacy to better make her point and when people disagree with her, simply accept it and move on. Because Mods (ALL Mods) should be held to a higher standard.

So it seems that Kathy should adhere to a "higher standard" but the duplicitous behavior of their own GoingToRussia is quite OK. Moreover, at one point the Admin/Mods at RMP were provided unambiguous and compelling evidence of GoingToRussia's multiple identities - a FACT they have chosen to conveniently ignore.

And I *REALLY* like this set of quotes - from GoingToRussia this time:

* This isn't the only reason she was banned.

* She was not banned because of her "stupidity remark.  There were other reasons, some you know about (or can know about if you read the thread again) and some reasons you don't know about.

* There are other reasons for getting banned, not just for attacking other members.

* The point is she was not only banned for what she said and her remarks in this forum.  There are other reasons which members do not need to know about.  I am not about to air anyone's "dirty laundry" in this forum for the sake of justifying a ban which was made by 4 moderators in a unanimous decision.

* That's right, why would we discuss things that were said in private between mods and members and share it with the forum????  It's not the proper thing to do and it has been a rule here forever.

* Sorry but I won't do that ... maybe another mod will.  As I said, I'm not telling the forum what was said in private.

By way of background, it was GoingToRussia who initiated a thread asking for input as to banning actions. When it became apparent that he was going to receive comments from other than his 'fan=boys,' he started crawfishing - badly. It was so bad that the best he could come up with is that he was privy to certain information that he refused to disclose - EVEN THOUGH *HE* WAS THE ONE TO INITIATE THE TOPIC?!?

Since there are a few folks here at RWD who have first-hand information of the lies, distortions and deceptions being conducted at RMP, I decided to re-engage this topic as it seems clear that Enot / GoingToRussia just cannot cease his obsessive behaviors, and when called out by those who recognize it, resorts to petty antics as a way of trying to seek retribution on those who post actively here.

It is truly a shame for RMP to have declined so badly. I have written often of my regard for Khashyar, though even that is now shaken with seeing him, like the minions there, circle the wagons in defense of known trouble-makers.

FWIW

- Dan

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2011, 05:41:46 PM »
I was banned from one of the sites after only browsing messages for 10 minutes.  Never had a login & never posted a single message.   Not sure how he/she got my IP address.  I think maybe the idiot probably blocked the whole Verizon Fios subnet by mistake.

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2011, 06:06:39 PM »
I was banned from one of the sites after only browsing messages for 10 minutes.  Never had a login & never posted a single message.   Not sure how he/she got my IP address.  I think maybe the idiot probably blocked the whole Verizon Fios subnet by mistake.

Now THAT is a sure-fired way to build membership  :ROFL: .

- Dan

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2011, 10:59:49 PM »
GTR has claimed that he was banned here because he is a moderator at RMP.  When it was pointed out to him that Manny, who is not only a moderator, but the owner of another similar site, is allowed to post at RWD (and vice versa), GTR claimed this is because Dan and Manny are business partners, which I do not believe is true. 

It is more than a little ironic that both Dan and Manny are banned at RMP, which has in the past claimed to be more genteel and "inclusive" than RWD or RUA, yet Khashyar can post at either RWD or RUA, both of which have 20X the traffic of RMP.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 06, 2011, 11:05:42 PM »
GTR has claimed that he was banned here because he is a moderator at RMP.  When it was pointed out to him that Manny, who is not only a moderator, but the owner of another similar site, is allowed to post at RWD (and vice versa), GTR claimed this is because Dan and Manny are business partners, which I do not believe is true. 

It is more than a little ironic that both Dan and Manny are banned at RMP, which has in the past claimed to be more genteel and "inclusive" than RWD or RUA, yet Khashyar can post at either RWD or RUA, both of which have 20X the traffic of RMP.

"business partners" ?!?

While I openly admit that matters have 'warmed' considerably over the past 12 or so months - AND - I occasionally exchange emails or have a phone call with Manny, the claim we are "business partners" is just wacky.

- Dan

PS - on the topic of 'wacky', GTR's claim that he was banned here because he is a moderator elsewhere is totally false. The reason for the ban is well-documented (and was well-deserved) upthread.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 11:09:02 PM by Admin »

Offline Gylden

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2011, 06:27:20 AM »
As someone who is not so "forum savvy" I got to say WOW,  there seems to much more depth to this whole comunity than I ever imagined. It is difficult for me to imagine how people have the time and where with all to participate so actively at two or more forums.
Just an observation.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »
Most of us who actively participate here do not participate actively in other forums, though some posters here are also active at Manny's forum.

If you'd been to the other forum, you'd see I had, until the incident in question, a little over 200 posts in 8 years.  One third of my posts were made in the days before that incident, in a futile attempt to help some guy avoid what I know will be a train wreck.  I wouldn't have bothered at all, but he was getting bad advice, and ultimately, it will be his very young children, not him, who pay the price.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:15:46 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Muzh

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2011, 01:52:41 AM »
You know the old saw; No good deed goes unpunished.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Spoon

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2011, 05:08:08 AM »
Most of us who actively participate here do not participate actively in other forums, though some posters here are also active at Manny's forum.

If you'd been to the other forum, you'd see I had, until the incident in question, a little over 200 posts in 8 years.  One third of my posts were made in the days before that incident, in a futile attempt to help some guy avoid what I know will be a train wreck.  I wouldn't have bothered at all, but he was getting bad advice, and ultimately, it will be his very young children, not him, who pay the price.

FWIW The gentleman who started the thread is still planning to travel, but not for several months, he has been doing his homework ;) He is adamant he can find what he is looking for in the FSU. He is being  mentored outside of the forum environment by a couple of experienced and level headed guys, the aim being to arm him with as much knowledge as possible and to help him avoid some common mistakes.
No one can say with certainty they know the outcome will be a train wreck IMO.
"Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night."
-Dave Barry

Offline Boethius

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2011, 07:38:59 AM »
It is not in Ukrainian culture to raise another woman's children as your own.  Particularly when the children's mother is still alive and has visitation.  Add limited income, a community more than 2 hours from the biggest city, and the requirement for a job (second income) almost immediately, and you are just asking for trouble.   Why would some girl need all of the above from a foreigner?  She can find it all in Ukraine.

All of the above would be difficult enough for a local, let alone someone foreign to the culture.  To "rah rah" the guy, rather than point to all the pitfalls, which are many, is, IMHO, irresponsible.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2011, 08:15:24 AM by Boethius »

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2011, 07:54:49 AM »
FWIW The gentleman who started the thread is still planning to travel, but not for several months, he has been doing his homework ;) He is adamant he can find what he is looking for in the FSU. He is being  mentored outside of the forum environment by a couple of experienced and level headed guys, the aim being to arm him with as much knowledge as possible and to help him avoid some common mistakes.

Spoon,

You make a good point that there are always exceptions - people who defy the odds. Still, when there are young children involved, any responsible person would give very serious consideration to the children's welfare and in this instance (as much as I know of it) Boethius' principal concern was for the children and her counsel was directed accordingly.

It does strike me as ... interesting ... that the person now seeks counsel outside the forum as they were, apparently, unable to find sound counsel on the forum - OR - (and I suspect this is the more likely situation), they did not care for the counsel (such as Boethius) and it is easier for them to align with some like-minded individuals who will provide the 'advice' they wanted to hear in the first place.

You see, it is my firm belief that a large number of people visit fora such as RWD with the intent and expectation of receiving support/validation for their plans - no matter how flawed or mis-shapen those plans may be. Here at RWD (far more than at RMP), those arriving with plans borne of fantasy are met with challenge to their plans - and on rare occasion and when the plans have been developed after studiously reading and engorging in the wealth of information found here, they do receive commendation on their plan - but more often than not we find people who have bought into some fantasy notion and all they want is validation. It is to their great credit when they 'stick it out' here after it finally dawns on them that they need a healthy dose of realism - ESPECIALLY when there are children involved.

Anyway, if you are one of those offering counsel to the fellow involved, please remember that you do him no favors if you validate his fantasies and in the process work a detriment (ANY detriment) to his children. Ultimately, that will have a much greater deleterious impact on him than the 'sting' of realizing that his circumstances may not be well-suited for this endeavor.

FWIW

- Dan

Offline mies

Re: Ban on Sight - GoingToRussia / Enot / GTR_RMP / et al
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2011, 10:05:19 AM »
It is not in Ukrainian culture to raise another woman's children as your own.  Particularly when the children's mother is still alive and has visitation.  Add limited income, a community more than 2 hours from the biggest city, and the requirement for a job (second income) almost immediately, and you are just asking for trouble.   Why would some girl need all of the above from a foreigner?  She can find it all in Ukraine.

All of the above would be difficult enough for a local, let alone someone foreign to the culture.  To "rah rah" the guy, rather than point to all the pitfalls, which are many, is, IMHO, irresponsible.

I fully agree with Boethius opinion.

1) the man in question should have allowed his ex-wife to have a custody of children. He thought it would be cheaper for him to raise children himself?
2) children living with step-mother and her child, in family with meager income - even if the step-mother is a woman with a heart of gold, lack of money, husband's constant demands to be "a good wife to him", "a good mother to his children from first marriage," and "earn money," and "take good care of the house" can break any horse's back.  Mind it, he's bringing a woman, not a horse. She may have her own dreams, hopes, expectations (oh my... really? how dare she!!!)
3) the guy in question thinks he can outsmart them all. It's not about "act against the odds to be happy." He wants to be uber-rational, while even the tiny bit of rational thinking will tell him that what he wants isn't possible. His children from first marriage are already paying for his "good choices" and will suffer even more if he continues his "smart endeavor."

Offline mies

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »

You must understand that there are 4 parties involved in his plan:
- himself
- his children
- his new/future wife
- her child

One way or the other, there is a guaranteed train rack at least for one of these four parties. This is certain. No doubts  about that. Now, we do not know what exactly constitutes a "success" vs. "a train rack" for the man in question, hence we cannot say the train rack awaits him. What about his children? The woman? Her child? Anyone has decency to advise him to go for it?  :'(

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 10:24:08 AM »
You must understand that there are 4 parties involved in his plan:
- himself
- his children
- his new/future wife
- her child

One way or the other, there is a guaranteed train rack at least for one of these four parties. This is certain. No doubts  about that. Now, we do not know what exactly constitutes a "success" vs. "a train rack" for the man in question, hence we cannot say the train rack awaits him. What about his children? The woman? Her child? Anyone has decency to advise him to go for it?  :'(

+1

Offline Boethius

« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 10:56:57 AM »
There you have it, Spoon.  The perspective of a UW, a little younger than that poster's "target" age group.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2011, 09:50:44 PM »
What a trip......

Isn't this thread a bit misplaced?
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Boethius

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2011, 09:59:23 PM »
LOL.  Yes, it should be posted at RMP.  But the moderators there won't allow it.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »
Alright, that got a chuckle or two from me.
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline JR

• Hey, what do I know?
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2012, 10:13:15 AM »
Either that or you're REALLY well known ;)
Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else :)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2012, 10:10:24 AM »
Added yet another 'incarnation' of 'GoingToRussia', 'Enot', 'Vegas', 'GTR_RMP' to the banned list - this time Steve was using the moniker 'Vova.'

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1859
Total: 1870

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM