It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: What are the odds?  (Read 9861 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: What are the odds?
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2016, 03:28:38 AM »
Regarding the women in Kyiv, you said you are a shy type of guy etc, these girls probably met a few foreign guys, if you went to a small town the women there may be more interested in communicating with foreigners, just because they find it intriguing. I know when i went to yessentuki, i was the only british guy to have visited in the last 10 years according to the people who check your visa, now maybe people don't go to check their visa's, or stay under 7 days. I got a typical londoner accent, which the women love, it is easy for me to talk and charm them, make them laugh, you will need to rely heavily on that if you are in somewhere like Kyiv. Ask yourself are you not afraid of opening to random women? If not go to a small city, speak to all the old timers and see if you can set something up with a nice woman.

You could be right DK, going out to somewhere in the middle of the sticks is probably likely to be the best bet. The women are far less likely to be scam orientated, they will be like, hey this is the first western guy that has been around here in ...so long, what is the likelihood that another guy will turn up (highly unlikely they will be thinking) so a bit like women with children they will be seeing you as there only choice. Few western men even realising this will be prepared to make the journey. The obvious places with easy airport access is where they will head, even the less popular cities like Minsk will probably have more than its fair share of western men. What city did you fly into? it looks real remote, away from the dating industry at least. Was that the one where you got her knickers off? :D I can see why now if she thought that was her shot at getting the hell out of there. Will see how it goes with girl I am hopefully going to meet but if not I'm really looking to search outside the dating industry area, one way or another as its generally bad news I think. Could be right with old boys too, wealth of info them sometimes.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline dragonkid

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2016, 05:24:35 AM »
Have you been to Moscow before? It is a shit hole unless you are in the center. Her city was much more pleasant and homely, she didn't like moscow, first time she went was with me. not everyone wants to live in the center. We were going to live in her city for a bit, and maybe buy a farm nearby. her parents were average Russians, probably networth a little under $100k. I was speaking to a girl today, jokingly i mentioned about arab princes, she told me she didn't want a broke guy, but wanted a decent life in russia. For me i am going to live in russia, i am pretty close to one girl (not the above girl), and the city i will be moving to, for her is a shithole, but she is still going to give it a go, told her it would be only for a year, till we moved again once i started a degree for programming at a different uni. At the moment i am learning programming , maybe in the future after i get better i can network with a few russians and see if i could do anything with a little bit of capital. That is my plan. I am open with the girls i talk to, that i will be living in a flat, studying, etc, you will be surprised as i was, that the majority don't even care, as long as you are serious, and they like you, that is all that matters.  You need to find a woman that likes you, i think you are going to struggle once you bring her back to the UK with you, unless you can charm a woman. You think these women just want an escape, and to scam, it is a little bit more deep, it is what my friend above said, they want a better life but with a guy they like. Try and not make it too complex, it is fairly simple.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 05:43:50 AM by dragonkid »
Not all of us Brits have terrible teeth, right Msmoby?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2016, 05:58:03 AM »
Have you been to Moscow before? It is a shit hole unless you are in the center. Her city was much more pleasant and homely, she didn't like moscow, first time she went was with me. not everyone wants to live in the center. We were going to live in her city for a bit, and maybe buy a farm nearby. her parents were average Russians, probably networth a little under $100k. I was speaking to a girl today, jokingly i mentioned about arab princes, she told me she didn't want a broke guy, but wanted a decent life in russia. For me i am going to live in russia, i am pretty close to one girl (not the above girl), and the city i will be moving to, for her is a shithole, but she is still going to give it a go, told her it would be only for a year, till we moved again once i started a degree for programming at a different uni. At the moment i am learning programming , maybe in the future after i get better i can network with a few russians and see if i could do anything with a little bit of capital. That is my plan. I am open with the girls i talk to, that i will be living in a flat, studying, etc, you will be surprised as i was, that the majority don't even care, as long as you are serious, and they like you, that is all that matters.  You need to find a woman that likes you, i think you are going to struggle once you bring her back to the UK with you, unless you can charm a woman. You think these women just want an escape, and to scam, it is a little bit more deep, it is what my friend above said, they want a better life but with a guy they like. Try and not make it too complex, it is fairly simple.

You need to find one that likes you for sure, but that may or may not be a tough get in an industry getting past all the rubbish and onto the decent girls, then of them finding one that is into you. I see the FSW dating industry as a mire of sh*t being waded through, you might turn up a good'un but maybe just as likely if not more so to turn up a bad one. Personally the way I am thinking long term is to avoid all of this. If someone said you could do a tour and none (or perhaps only one or two) of the girls in the room is a scammer I would be there, they can't though, if they did they would be liers. That is the way I see going over there and doing something in which I could be in a room of girls/potential dates but do not have a load of scammers to wade through, online or in person. Sure, it might be thought as making it more complex but I would rather have good options in front of me and if present method doesn't turn up good for me I don't mind going complex. Girl I'm going out to see I am optimistic about though, so we shall see, but wanted a beach holiday anyway.   
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2016, 05:05:31 PM »
I would hazard a guess that, if you keep your wits about you, the likelihood of being scammed is rather remote.

When I have read about the many FSUW-WM relationships that have hit the rocks, I see patterns.  Here are the most common:

1.  Marrying someone who is too young for you.  In most of those cases, the FSUW was under 25 when she married. 

2.  Money problems.  The man promises a certain lifestyle, and then doesn't deliver, or his fortunes turn and he can't continue to deliver.

3.  Marrying a woman of low character.  Most men will say he didn't see this, but their past posts will demonstrate that the woman's character was front and center from day 1.  He found it acceptable, perhaps even intriguing.

Those are the main reasons cited here, if you read through all the denials/accusations/rationalizations.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline alex330

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2016, 05:46:06 PM »
So my question is what are the odds do you think that you can meet someone just by photos on a legit website?

I ask this as myself I'm sure it works for some, obviously it has, but is it really that great a way to go about this search, is it a bit random, i.e some of the successful blokes on here having their success being as much down to luck as anything else?

If you invest some time into yourself and are a decent guy the chances are pretty good I believe. Better than in the West. It may take you some time, money, and a few flights but I would pursue it.

There is definitely some luck involved. But you can also create opportunities and not fumble the ball.

2.  Money problems.  The man promises a certain lifestyle, and then doesn't deliver, or his fortunes turn and he can't continue to deliver.

3.  Marrying a woman of low character.

When RW move here they network. We have met and wife knows many couples that way. We have seen MANY failures. Many are due to the reasons above, finances being a big one. A man or woman of poor character also seems a common cause. Physical abuse we see in at least 30% of the cases as well.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2016, 05:52:35 PM »
When RW move here they network. We have met and wife knows many couples that way. We have seen MANY failures. Many are due to the reasons above, finances being a big one. A man or woman of poor character also seems a common cause. Physical abuse we see in at least 30% of the cases as well.

Yes, I am only looking at it from one side, as that is the side most often presented on this forum.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jumper

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2016, 06:52:42 PM »
You need to find one that likes you for sure, but that may or may not be a tough get in an industry getting past all the rubbish and onto the decent girls, then of them finding one that is into you. I see the FSW dating industry as a mire of sh*t being waded through, you might turn up a good'un but maybe just as likely if not more so to turn up a bad one. Personally the way I am thinking long term is to avoid all of this. If someone said you could do a tour and none (or perhaps only one or two) of the girls in the room is a scammer I would be there, they can't though, if they did they would be liers. That is the way I see going over there and doing something in which I could be in a room of girls/potential dates but do not have a load of scammers to wade through, online or in person. Sure, it might be thought as making it more complex but I would rather have good options in front of me and if present method doesn't turn up good for me I don't mind going complex. Girl I'm going out to see I am optimistic about though, so we shall see, but wanted a beach holiday anyway.

Odds are always going to be poor, so it's best to increase them as you can.

You have to keep in mind what the type of woman you are looking for is *most* likely to be in life.
1. already married.
2. divorced with a child - working a LOT,
and no time for pursuing silly internet games with foreigners with very
low chance of anything coming from it.
if even considered ,something like that simply isnt a priorioty, at all.
3. single and dates through friends/family connections
 internet dating is certainly common there, but a more conservative girl that many men seek isn't generally in need of pursuing it.
When's the last time you knew a truly amazing woman through friends that really needed to go on a dating site?
She may do so, but again isn't a high priority in her life.
It isn't much different there.

THAT'S  often where luck comes in, as timing is everything.

As example: If I had contacted my wife 8 months later ,she would likely have already been jaded ,bored, or done with any of the process as she never had any real belief she would meet someone serious that way,much less  relocate to some other country.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2016, 07:04:05 PM »
Good advice 2tallbill, it was part of my intention to get better acquainted with the dating situation while out there, plus have a beach type holiday as well.

In Odessa, you might have to do some elaborate neck stretching exercises before
going to the beach in Odessa, to protect your neck from whiplash. You will see more
hot popka's in bikini's in one day than you will see in twenty years in Blighty.

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: August 07, 2016, 07:05:38 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline alex330

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2016, 07:17:28 PM »
THAT'S  often where luck comes in, as timing is everything.

As example: If I had contacted my wife 8 months later ,she would likely have already been jaded ,bored, or done with any of the process as she never had any real belief she would meet someone serious that way,much less  relocate to some other country.

Yes, timing is probably the most critical factor at play. Pretty similar situation with my wife. If you don't meet in that small window of opportunity she may be in another relationship or jaded or even starting a family. Very few women I know in Ukraine stay single for long. That adds to the difficulty.

Offline rambler

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2016, 04:27:31 AM »
14:1 against her staying in the USA longer than 1 year ~ 7% stay more than 1 year. Look up government stats on Fiancee and Spouse Visas. Find a gal who has stayed longer than 3 years in your own country and gently bring up the subject of who got her here.
Woman: "How do you write women so well?" Melvin: "I think of a man, and I take away reason and accountability." Jack Nicholson in As Good as it Gets, 1997.

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2016, 04:47:11 AM »
Jumper makes a good point

Many single ladies don't even bother with internet dating - or don't log into their profiles any more

SC had profiles - but tired of the 'keyboard romeos' wasting her time ..

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2016, 08:38:24 AM »
14:1 against her staying in the USA longer than 1 year ~ 7% stay more than 1 year. Look up government stats on Fiancee and Spouse Visas. Find a gal who has stayed longer than 3 years in your own country and gently bring up the subject of who got her here.

Provide a link to where you're getting that info from. Most women come into this country as tourists so I can believe most of them will return home.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline alex330

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2016, 08:52:48 AM »
misread
« Last Edit: August 26, 2016, 08:54:22 AM by alex330 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2016, 02:58:36 PM »
Jumper makes a good point

Many single ladies don't even bother with internet dating - or don't log into their profiles any more

SC had profiles - but tired of the 'keyboard romeos' wasting her time ..

We're all tired of Keyboard Romeos, f***ing up the system ;D

Think you & Jumper are right here, I get the impression many on Mamba and many of the other reputable dating sites don't log on that much, I notice on EM for St. Petersburg a lot of the women are the same as was there 9 months back, and not a big selection there at that.

I'm thinking a more long term strategy of going out there a while may reap dividends, even for just a month. The way I see it I'll immediately separate yourself from the keyboard romeos, since I'll be there & few men bother to make the journey my competition will be 5 percent or so off what it usually is. Girls where there is natural chemistry may become apparent and I will be able to date girls there and then. Plus so long as I'm not trying to date in Nikolaev I'll avoid the industry girls. To me even trying for a WMVO is like throwing darts at a dart board, hoping to hit a bulls eye. I'll try a WMVO for sure again with skype, but on a longer stay of a month with the idea of a more embedded strategy I think.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541325
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701