It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Kafka is not far...  (Read 1977 times)

Offline docetae

Kafka is not far...
« on: June 29, 2008, 07:31:55 PM »
Some update on our paperworks...For the detail, I will marry in Ukraine as french citizen before starting immigration process to Canada. Why ? because with this process , my future wife will have permanent Schengen visa that will help us to travel and see my family in Europe (France and Luxembourg).

First step was in may. My fiancee had to have all paper from her previous marriage and divorce in Zaparoje. All documents needed to be translated by a translator certified by the french embassy.

The next step was to have meeting and interview (together and separate) at the french embassy. This done, request was sent from Kiev to Montreal where I live to publish infos about wedding (this is french law).

One time this done, I will have my certificate of capacity of marriage proving that I am single. The next step will be to go to ZAGS to apply for wedding...

But ...my certificate of birth needs apostille to be offical in Ukraine. So I send request to the city where I was born...I asked to get this certificate sent to my mother. Why ? Because for the apostille, it needed to be sent to another city ... where they say that the stamp from the city was not readable... and new certificate of birth must be issued...sent to my mother who will sent it to another city who will send it back to my mother who will send it to Montreal...

I will travel end of july to Kiev, I hope that all papers will be ready, we will apply to ZAGS and will go to the embassy to sign contract of wedding too (not sure about name in english).

We are now joking daily about administrative marathon...
Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes Oscar Wilde

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541335
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843