It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: I want to learn more on Eastern European migration to California.  (Read 5168 times)

Offline ResearcherCLU

I know this may be a long shot, but I have to try.

My name is Irmelin Mathilde Amundsen, and I am a student at California Lutheran University. I am currently doing a research paper on Eastern European migration to California. It would really benefit the research if I could learn more about your experiences, good or bad. A Russian speaking translator is available, so the language will be no barrier, and complete confidentiality is assured.

This is my senior project, the one piece of work that I want to be proud of when leaving college, so I am really putting my heart into this research. Please, do not hesitate contacting me at iamundse@callutheran.edu or on phone 818-414-0234.

Thank you in advance.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: I want to learn more on Eastern European migration to California.
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 04:09:52 PM »
It would be helpful if you provided specifics such as years, countries, etc..unless your intent is to acquire individual / anecdotal opinions.

Additionally, if your study is slanted towards the impact of immigration (overall) to the State of California before and/or after the passage of the silly health bill and adaptation of the Cap and Trade grab bag ordinance; then I bid you good luck. Redline everything and everywhere.

What was once a dire situation in California before is now a nightmare in progress neatly titled "Si Se Puede" (Patended). Loosely translated: 'A nightmare for you, A fiesta for us'.

Of course, historically, one can be aided by reading this bit of information, too.

FWIW, Easter European immigrants, along with Indians, Filipinos, and Middle-Eastern folks are the fastest group of homeowners in California the past 2-3 years.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2010, 04:11:59 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: I want to learn more on Eastern European migration to California.
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:57:57 PM »
I suggest you contact Russian and Ukrainian Orthodox churches in different areas of California.  Parish priests will be the best source for families.  There a lot of Baptists from Ukraine in the Sacramento area, so contacting churches there may also be beneficial.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541334
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701