It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: San Francisco's New Year's Eve Banger  (Read 8499 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
San Francisco's New Year's Eve Banger
« on: November 01, 2011, 12:14:39 PM »
For so many years now I've taken the trip up the Bay Area to celebrate brining in the new year. Since my wife arrived, that hasn't changed. Matter of fact, since wifey likes San Francisco so much (to visit), we've literally turned this period into an annual ritual. Making the most of the period to bring in the New Year and close out the holiday cheers of the past year!

This year will not be an exception. The event:

AList's Holiday New Year's Eve Ball!

The usual is we stay at the Westin St Francis Hotel. Dinners at Scoma's, then Morton's, and then New Year's Day Dim Sum feast in c'town.

Anyone living in SF/Bay Area, or anyone from LA, come and party out with us and our friends on this wild and crazy night!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

Re: San Francisco's New Year's Eve Banger
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 12:59:49 PM »
I forgot to add.

The whole enhicilada takes place at Westin St Francis Hotel. My favorite time of the period (other than the 'alone' time with wifey), is the time between breakfast on the 31st to party time. The entire hotel shuts down and they close the hotel to the public at noon, and you can feel the energy building up all day long. Guests start to get friendlier, energetic, people begin to widen their smiles...all in sheer anticipation of the silly shindig!

Men don their best suits and the wimmen, umm, umm, umm! let loose their fancy wears...You gotta go and get sh!t-faced and not have to worry 'bout driving anywhere..  :P  Dance, dance, dance....and dance some more!

The only real drag in this is, I get to give up golf for a weekend  :(
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline acrzybear

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 03:03:50 PM »
I forgot to add.

The whole enhicilada takes place at Westin St Francis Hotel. My favorite time of the period (other than the 'alone' time with wifey), is the time between breakfast on the 31st to party time. The entire hotel shuts down and they close the hotel to the public at noon, and you can feel the energy building up all day long. Guests start to get friendlier, energetic, people begin to widen their smiles...all in sheer anticipation of the silly shindig!

Men don their best suits and the wimmen, umm, umm, umm! let loose their fancy wears...You gotta go and get sh!t-faced and not have to worry 'bout driving anywhere..  :P  Dance, dance, dance....and dance some more!

The only real drag in this is, I get to give up golf for a weekend  :(

I worked off duty security a couple of times back in the mid 90's for the New Years Event at Westin St. Francis. That gig paid VERY well and was an extremely difficult extra job to get (good to know the rigth people).  I definitely saw some interesting things there.  Have a good time and enjoy.
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 04:15:55 PM »

I worked off duty security a couple of times back in the mid 90's for the New Years Event at Westin St. Francis. That gig paid VERY well and was an extremely difficult extra job to get (good to know the rigth people).  I definitely saw some interesting things there.  Have a good time and enjoy.

Yeah, thanks Bear...we'll try to. The event had grown in popularity. Worst than in the Hyatt Embarcadero shindig when they used to have one there, too. Laser show and all. They get so many people in that one place it's packed solid like canned nuts. Flesh, flesh, and more flesh! There's a lot of Rooskies in attendance there too btw! They talk pretty loud...

LOL. You must've been one of the off-duty officers we'd seen there. They're hard to miss, man. They all look like they belong to the Oakland Raiders offensive line, man! These guys are so massive they can't possibly be humans, LOL.

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 04:20:37 PM »

Yeah, thanks Bear...we'll try to. The event had grown in popularity. Worst than in the Hyatt Embarcadero shindig when they used to have one there, too. Laser show and all. They get so many people in that one place it's packed solid like canned nuts. Flesh, flesh, and more flesh! There's a lot of Rooskies in attendance there too btw! They talk pretty loud...

LOL. You must've been one of the off-duty officers we'd seen there. They're hard to miss, man. They all look like they belong to the Oakland Raiders offensive line, man! These guys are so massive they can't possibly be humans, LOL.
You mean I was picked because I was 6'5" and 260lbs with 12% BMI?  Damn I thought it was my winning personality-lol    Yeah the Management wanted BIG guys working to help prevent any trouble and with what they were paying (cash), they could demand whatever they wanted. 

Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 04:50:35 PM »
Yeppers, the size fits, Bear! Very typical!

Likely the very reason why I never once even seen trouble in the place. I heard of one happening a couple of years ago but it was diffused almost immediately. Security's on the ball! You guys don't mess around. I can see how you guys earn your shiny pennies.

Sometime after 2, you can see a sea of miniskirted, bare-footed, blitzed beauties start to litter the sidewalks of Post & Powell, and limos darting in and out of the place. Fun, fun place!

Westin/Union Square is rip to begin with. Likely the NoCal equivalent of Rodeo Drive. First time there, wifey wanted to shop 'Macy's' until she saw ripped jeans with a price tag over a grand! She dropped it like it was made of acid and stormed out never to be seen in the place ever again, LOL. Thank gawd!

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 04:52:57 PM »
Yeppers, the size fits, Bear! Very typical!

Likely the very reason why I never once even seen trouble in the place. I heard of one happening a couple of years ago but it was diffused almost immediately. Security's on the ball! You guys don't mess around. I can see how you guys earn your shiny pennies.

Sometime after 2, you can see a sea of miniskirted, bare-footed, blitzed beauties start to litter the sidewalks of Post & Powell, and limos darting in and out of the place. Fun, fun place!

Westin/Union Square is rip to begin with. Likely the NoCal equivalent of Rodeo Drive. First time there, wifey wanted to shop 'Macy's' until she saw ripped jeans with a price tag over a grand! She dropped it like it was made of acid and stormed out never to be seen in the place ever again, LOL. Thank gawd!
And if you had kids, don't let them find the FAO Schwarz at the corner of Stockton and O' Farrell.  You could go bankrupt real quick there. 
I haven't seen the the city since I left California 11 years ago, I'm sure much has changed. I'll have to take Sofia there in a couple of years when we go visit my family up in Sonoma County .  I'll have to take her to  Alioto's down on the Wharf and that other restaurant (I forgot the name) that spins so you get a 360 view of the bay. 
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 05:58:48 PM »
Bear-

Unless there's another one in SF, I think the restaurant you are thinking of is 'Equinox'. It's atop the Hyatt Embarcadero on Market St, across the street from Pier 14. Right by the Bay Bridge. If so, it's closed now, I believe.

I hope your wife likes the city. Wifey and in-laws absolutely love it. When the in-laws were here they had  great time. I took them everywhere. Sadly however, it was in August and summer is either winter or foggy in SF. Went to Twin Peaks 3x hoping to get a clear bird's eye view of the city to no avail. It was so foggy it looked like were on top of the clouds and you couldn't see anything. But Popski loved and had a great time. Especially at the 'Rock' and Lombard Street. He coudn't believe he actually saw Alcatraz in person. Great memories for everyone....

I would also have you know, we walked from Pier 39 to Union Square once, and would likely do it again this year. If my wife can keep up  :P

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »
Another nice view of the city is from the Marin Headlands, They used to be a restored Nike missile site (it was over on the left side as you come across the bridge from the city) and some folks used to dress up as soldiers from the 60's or 70's  (Popski might enjoy the nolstiga from the opposite side)  But the view is nice.   
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 02:46:13 PM »
Agree Bear! That's actually a much better location to look at, and take photos of the cityscape than Vista Point. At the right time of the afternoon, the setting sun shines right at the GG and the 'red' glows on the picture serving as a great foreground to the city beyond.

But man, when it's foggy in SF, doesn't matter where you are - visibility zero  :P

Offline acrzybear

« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 03:50:58 PM »
GQ
Yeah it was the Equinox, When did it close?  On a clear night that was THE place to take a date, it wasn't the cheapest but the view while eating was priceless!!  Aliotos was a good restaurant (they had the best iced tea I have ever tasted). I left about the time the seals were taking over pier 39 area.

I actually miss some things about the city ( I don't miss the bayview though), especially the sourdough bread. 
Necessitas dat ingenium

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 04:32:50 PM »
I don't know why and when they closed it, Bear. The last time we were there was NY's Eve '06. Also had our NY's Eve dinner since we were staying/partying in the hotel. The hotel itself was pretty cool with it's quasi, half-pyramid shaped structure. The only thing I didn't like about it was the higher the floors, the smaller the rooms. But they deck out the lobby with a massive train set display for Xmas...A ton of memories shed in that hotel/restuarant.

I think it reached its time, it was getting pretty dated.

Aliotos, yeah, I will never forget having lobster there for Thanksgiving dinner  :P  I agree about the sourdough. Pricey, but very fresh and tasty...

'Frisco is a pretty kewl city. If it wasn't so cold and full of Democrats, we wouldn't mind living there...great city!

Offline SFandEE

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2011, 12:08:16 AM »

'Frisco is a pretty kewl city. If it wasn't so cold and full of Democrats, we wouldn't mind living there...great city!

What a loss for San Francisco.  How does someone get to be so old and still talk this way?  Lost on me.  Kewl that you have fun here and tolerate in your style your perceived deficiencies of others!!!  "Frisco" will just have to settle somehow for a visit every five years or so.

I wish this web community did a better job of stopping people who post things like this for no better reason than to be rude.

Why do you post things like this on a community site?  You do this a lot more than is necessary, relevant, and I would press appropriate.  This is an RWD site.  Not Sean Hannity vomit site.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 12:11:13 AM by SFandEE »
"I don't feel tardy"

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2011, 02:10:51 PM »
Well, Gag me with a Spoon! Good thing I read your post after a nice round of golf, dude! I would've paused for a long minute and reconcile whether or not I should act like a matured Democrat at the 14th hole and risk a possible blown bladder or just piss on the nearest tree I can find. LOL.

Yup, I chose the latter 'homes!

But why so uptight, SFandEE? Prostrate problems? Looming colonoscopy? 1-800-Obamacare.

I mean, I expected such from an uptight Conservative, but dude, you're not only a liberal, you're from San Francisco! LOL. Dude, that's a double-whammy! knowwhaImean?

Just because I razzed you up the last time for complaining about the very system that afforded you the very lifestyle you so enjoy, sitting in your temperature-controlled crib, surfing the catalogs for your potential wife, in between sips of that nice and hot San Francisco Cappucino; doesn't mean you can get all emotional on me now, no? I just simply called you out so you can walk-your-talk and quit complaining, give up your comfortable lifestyle and move somewhere like Bangladesh or even East Timorese. Those places doesn't have a huge military budget, nor they have any known corporate industries like we do, so you won't have anything to b!tch about. What I didn't mean was for you to resign and silently lurk in the shadows waiting for 4-more-years of hope and change while getting your panties tied-up in bunches by dudes like me. 

btw-wassup with all these Sean Hannity call-outs? It's either Sean, or Rush, or even a dude named Glenn Beck. Why do silly liberals do this seemingly all the time? It doesn't seem to matter either if the person they're directing these to has no political persuasion. Do you guys really believe that pisses people off when you do that?  LOL.

Anyway, don't be so uptight, dude. But rather enjoy the system you hate so much because, like it or not, it's the very system that afforded blokes like you the opportunity to go to places like Ukraine so you can act like a raging Casanova. LOL. It does make for a funny visual, but hey, it is what it is. So, I say, pick a blondie! I bet she'll look swell in your arms when you walk on the streets of San Francisco.

Heck, I may even pee on your sidewalks later this year to make sure it's washed down for grumpy folks like you....
« Last Edit: November 05, 2011, 02:19:59 PM by GQBlues »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541321
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701