It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: B.S. 101  (Read 12611 times)

Offline CanadaMan

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: B.S. 101
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2013, 06:40:16 PM »
German language is and was not as popular among the educated Russians as the French language was some 100 or 150 years ago. The number of Russian speaing immigrants in Germany would be, IMO, a result of relative openness of the German immigration politics for certain groups of people coupled with the relative geographic proximity of the countries.

Wow, has your English ever improved since your move to Canada!  :)

Offline CanadaMan

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2013, 06:42:41 PM »
Why not ? I heard it has wonderful nature. And... wonderful nature.

Ahem... he was referring to Moscow.   ;)

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 07:14:22 PM »
Ahem... he was referring to Moscow.   ;)

You gotta admit that the fauna in Moscow is pretty breathtaking!  And, if you get to the Botanical Gardens, the flora is fantastic too!

Offline Kunstkammer

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #53 on: February 11, 2013, 01:54:15 AM »

You gotta admit that the fauna in Moscow is pretty breathtaking!  And, if you get to the Botanical Gardens, the flora is fantastic too!

Nah, too much pork and firewood makes "The Northern Dushanbe" unbearable.

По всему Кавказу про нас слава ходит, наш дедушка, наш Ермолов на всех страх наводит.

Offline noelscot

• Commercial Member
  • Offering Ulan-Ude travel support
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #54 on: February 11, 2013, 05:01:30 PM »
Guess it depends on what kind of woman you search for. I had the general idea to avoid those who kept pointing towards their bad life.
And those who are looking for an upgrade may continue to look once they find they still have options. To each his own though.
The majority of people I have talked to still invite us to live there with them instead of asking if they can get out too. Once again, it depends on where and how you search.Looking at several members living in the FSU, I would say this is not true either.

And if you read it literal it is even fully wrong, as immigration is the process of entering a country to live there. Which means that immigration is 100% IN, and emigration is 100% OUT.

You make it sound like women who are interested in moving abroad to find their soulmate and improve their lives have nefarious ulterior motives and imply that they just couldn't "cut it" in Russia (or elsewhere).  There is a distinction between using someone as a "mule" to get citizenship and genuinely wanting to have a better life (better selection of men from which to choose marriage partners, better standard of living, and more freedoms and privileges).

Of course, ALL FSUW do not want to leave the FSU, but it's a slight to call in to question the loyalty of these women to their men, just because they felt that the FSU did not offer them the lives they desired.  Most women sign up to international dating websites with the mind-set that the FSU is not working out for them, personally, and they would like to expand their search for their soul-mate and improve their lives. I do not see that as a demerit in their character.

As for my mix-up with the word immigration. I'm a redneck from the village and it's probably the language barrier.  :P

“The sewage is up to our necks already — whatever you do, don’t make waves.”-Michael Haneke

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:44 PM »

You make it sound like women who are interested in moving abroad to find their soulmate and improve their lives have nefarious ulterior motives and imply that they just couldn't "cut it" in Russia (or elsewhere).  There is a distinction between using someone as a "mule" to get citizenship and genuinely wanting to have a better life (better selection of men from which to choose marriage partners, better standard of living, and more freedoms and privileges).

Of course, ALL FSUW do not want to leave the FSU, but it's a slight to call in to question the loyalty of these women to their men, just because they felt that the FSU did not offer them the lives they desired.  Most women sign up to international dating websites with the mind-set that the FSU is not working out for them, personally, and they would like to expand their search for their soul-mate and improve their lives. I do not see that as a demerit in their character.

As for my mix-up with the word immigration. I'm a redneck from the village and it's probably the language barrier.  :P

I didn't read that into shadow's post at all and I think it'd be a mistake if you did. You seem to be of the mindset of grouping FSUW into a nice tidy package of "all", that would be a mistake, too.

There is nothing wrong with a woman, any woman looking to improve her station in life and a man that helps her achieve that. Are they mutually exclusive? The answer is no. That is what men and women do. That is what you did going to Russia isn't it? Do you hope to improve your life by putting an FSUW into it? shadow's comment IME was one of warning, not of stereo typing. Keep in mind scotty, as many or more of these marriages fail as succeed and there is a multitude of reasons for that.

Offline Daveman

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #56 on: February 11, 2013, 07:44:31 PM »
... Keep in mind scotty, as many or more of these marriages fail as succeed and there is a multitude of reasons for that.

While there are no solid statistics, I'd also assert that the percentage of relationships which actually survive until marriage, for another multitude of reasons, is (perhaps staggeringly) low.  IMO, successful marriages are about 50% of 25% ... but that's just a guess...

The percentage of meetings which lead to relationships which lead to marriage is on the order of minuscule...

Guys (and ladies) thinking about getting into this should put that notion in the pipe and smoke it long and deep...

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline ML

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 06:45:51 PM »

The percentage of meetings which lead to relationships which lead to marriage is on the order of minuscule...

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a female Belarus business colleague once.  She wasn't very good looking.

She said to me, in all seriousness:  Can you help me find an AM to marry?
I want to get married as fast as possible and move to United States and make big money as fast as possible.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Brillynt

« Reply #58 on: February 13, 2013, 12:08:37 AM »
Reminds me of a conversation I had with a female Belarus business colleague once.  She wasn't very good looking.

I want to get married as fast as possible and move to United States and make big money as fast as possible.

:ROFL:  :usd:

Offline Daveman

« Reply #59 on: February 13, 2013, 07:09:40 PM »

Hah!  Well at least she wanted to MAKE money rather than merely spend (someone else's) it.  I gotta give her two points for that...  :D
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
B.S. 101
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2024, 12:26:01 PM »
This is all good stuff so I bumped it up so that newbie/lurkers will see it.

Really, out of all the ventures you could get involved with, the pursuit of FSUW and the associated businesses are some of the most lying B.S-ing people you'll ever encounter. Not all are liars and disingenuous, but I would caution newbies to watch their ass in this pursuit and not buy the hype. Here is a collated list of the common B.S. you will encounter. Maybe the mods will sitcky this if it is deemed worthy. The aim is to help people, not for me to stroke my own ego and seem like a know-it-all. Also, the intent is not to insult anyone. Here goes....

1) The FSUW are vastly different than other women. You need some special some special swami guru to guide you and charge you piles of money. Cultural relativism is the biggest B.S. ever, and it was cooked up by a bunch of intellectually dishonest scholars. By the way, modern anthropologists like Donald Brown have completely gutted this hogwash and collated all the common behaviors human beings share. Turns out we are all human and essentially the same. Linked is the complete list: http://www.robotwisdom.com/ai/universals.html Another book of the same vein is "The Blank Slate" by Steven Pinker, which argues humans are not blank slates upon which the environment is the total deciding factor. (More on which later.)

2) There is no monolithic FSUW. All people are individuals with unique personalities and FSUW are like snowflakes, each unique. You make a huge error if you believe there is some sort of "easy" profiling you can use to figure out an individual woman's mind. There are commonalities, yes, but keep your spurs from jingling and jangling.

3) Inexcusable behavior is inexcusable behavior. It's not her "culture" if your woman is doing things that are contrary to a healthy relationship in which the partners do things in a mutual way with respect, responsibility, and care. Don't deceive yourself. Bad behavior is bad behavior. It's not some sort of multi-faceted "cultural misunderstanding." 

4) The FSU still has MAJOR problems, and the FSUW still want to leave. Lie to yourself and pump up your ego all you want, but the fact remains that women still want to leave the FSU because the standard of living and privileges are simply not as good as they are in the U.S. and other Western nations. As an experiment to verify this, find a FSU person with U.S. citizenship and offer them a one-way ticket back to the FSU. Let me know how quickly they jump on that opportunity.

5) The geography is capricious. There is no secret place where you are going to magically find the right woman. It is totally random, and you should go where the right woman is at, not fool around with limiting yourself to a certain geographic area of the FSU (or the FSU, for that matter).

6) A good woman is hard to find.  Go ahead. Focus solely on finding some model-esque woman, not a real woman, and you'll end up with a vapid, money-grubbing, stone cold hoochie. Water seeks its own level. Unless you are rich and muscled-up, do not think you are gonna roll up in Ukraine, or wherever, and snag a supermodel. Dream on. Look for a GOOD woman. Listen to what your mama told you, if it looks too good and sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't true.

7) Listen to the advice of real life MEN who have been successfully married (never divorced) for DECADES. People who have long, successful business careers without screwing up are the type of people you would ask for business advice. The same holds for marriage advice. Ask the advice of real life people who are worldly and successful at marriage. The jaded people who fill you with poisonous words are not worth your time or energy.

Eight) Zero tolerance for B.S. from FSUW. Tell "eta ne moya problema" (it's not my troubles) and move the hell on to the next woman. If some woman is wishy-washy and wasting your time (after a timely period of giving due process), there are hundreds, thousands more to talk to, date, etc. Have some pride and don't let these women walk all over you.

Can't think of anything else earth-shattering at the moment.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2024, 06:39:22 PM »
To every thing there is a season...
but ya don't need to be a meterologist to know that "Winter is coming" and that conditions are gonna be less and less favorable than they once were

poor boyz can only afford modem dating, but they have very little chance of success with this apprach, but since they can't afford spending a large amount of time or money for their search, so that's their only option

and what's worse, they have no SMARTS, and little knowledge of the landscape they wanna hunt in
poor boyz would be better served by playing the lottery than trying to find an FSU wife
at least with the lottery, they have some small chance of winning

Incels, Poor Boys.....
sigh....

Offline ML

« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2024, 08:51:19 PM »
Back when this site was very active with a lot of guys going on trips . . . I posted several times that the guy should not put up with any bad actions from FSU gals.

Reason being . . . the are more FSU gals available than there are western men traveling to meet with them.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2024, 08:26:52 AM »
Back when this site was very active with a lot of guys going on trips . . . I posted several times that the guy should not put up with any bad actions from FSU gals.

Reason being . . . the are more FSU gals available than there are western men traveling to meet with them.

I would make the argument that you shouldn't put up with bad behavior from gals regardless of where
they are from.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541457
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1750
Most Online Ever: 12701