It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Where to get some good advice for dating FSU women.  (Read 9171 times)

Offline corncrowe

Where to get some good advice for dating FSU women.
« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2005, 08:56:43 AM »
Quote from: Elen
Дорогая! Я подарю тебе Вселенную :D:D:D

Dear I'll present you a Univerce

That's classic!:D It's a phrase from our well-know cartoon:D Very funny one - about males' promices to brides and "gifts" after marriage to wives. It shows in short stories how things were from dinosaur era to our days.

You are TYPICAL:D

Elen,

All men promise the universe.  But this gift is only possible after her death...:(

Jon
« Last Edit: August 13, 2005, 09:01:00 AM by corncrowe »

Offline Elen

• Alt Forum
« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2005, 09:13:46 AM »
But this gift is only possible after her death...:(

Very hopefully taking into account you manage to die first also :?

Ok I leave you, now. I should feed someone who's promiced me the Universe some years ago:D Bye

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2005, 09:25:59 AM »
Quote from: corncrowe
[user=341]corncrowe[/user] I meant you should invite former girls but not those you're dating now. Because if they read about money of TigerPaws and see his photoalbum :D it would be nothing good for your future with your girls :D
Elen,

But I can write beautiful poems which will last longer than a small boat.  Maybe I am a poor, struggling writer, but I can offer her the universe.  Isn't a love story much more romantic than a few coins?

:P

Jon
[/quote]Are you saying that while you may not Bill Gates in your bank account that you are indeed Bill Gates in your heart when it comes to love?

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2005, 09:28:56 AM »
Quote from: Elen
Дорогая! Я подарю тебе Вселенную :D:D:D

Dear I'll present you a Univerce

That's classic!:D It's a phrase from our well-know cartoon:D Very funny one - about males' promices to brides and "gifts" after marriage to wives. It shows in short stories how things were from dinosaur era to our days.

You are TYPICAL:D

PS more accurate citation

Любимая, я поведу тебя к самому краю Вселенной, я подарю тебе эту звезду! Светом нетленным будет она освещать нам путь в бесконечность

My love!, I"ll lead you to the very edge of the Universe. I'll present you this star! And it's  imperishable shine will light us a way to infinity. :D

(while male in cartoon speaking these words his wive is cleaning "enternal" dirty plates)

At some point a woman, after hearing this time and again from every schmoe that comes along, must just quit believing it. I think that, anyway, so I just don't say that kind of crap to begin with. Showing is better than telling.

PeeWee

Offline corncrowe

« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2005, 09:32:40 AM »
Quote from: PeeWee
 Showing is better than telling.

Spoken like a true writer...:D

Jon

Offline PeeWee

« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2005, 09:50:52 AM »
Quote from: corncrowe
 Showing is better than telling.
Spoken like a true writer...:D

Jon
[/quote]
Yep, but it is true.  I have never subsribed to the maxim, "Baffle them with bull shit." I am a say it like it is or don't say it at all sort of person. I suspect that I am not so romantic as other guys are.

Where's jb? jb, for how long have you been married to your FSU wife?

PeeWee

Offline Gef

« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2005, 04:25:50 AM »
Hi Michoangelo

Since you asked, I have a question concerning mixed signals from a Ukraine lady that I was introduced to over the telephone by my very good friends in Kyiv. To keep a long story short and readable, last October they bragged me up to her and got her very interested in me.  After some phone calls, e-mails, photo exchanges and prompting from my friends, I agreed to come for a visit and meet with her even though I have some reservations concerning the age difference. She wants us to spend time together in our own apartment separate from our friends. So, I sent money for her first class train fare to Kyiv and for Internet. Everything is all set and ready for my arrival. Personal intros are best right? OK, so far except suddenly she seems too busy for e-mail and phone calls. (I was told she got her first e-mail address so that we could write each other.) Is it cold feet, my over-active imagination or something else? However it turns out, I am always happy when I come to Kyiv to spend time with my friends there. So, what do you think please?

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #32 on: December 15, 2005, 10:55:39 AM »
Gef, let us consider...

If a friend in a distant city, in your country introduced you, by phone, to a woman much younger than you, for the purpose of marriage, what would you think?

Would you take such a suggestion seriously?

OK, thought not...

So what is any different in this case?

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2005, 11:00:03 AM »
BTW where have corncrowe and PeeWee been lately?

Offline Gef

« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2005, 01:28:52 AM »
Thank you for responding,  I happen to feel there are some differences but that was beside the point of my question and so I will not go into it here, or discuss it for that matter for I am comfortable with handling my own moral issues. It is the female of the species that sometimes baffle me and that was the intended purpose of my question. At any rate, I was wanting to go see my friends (people I hold in very high regards), during the holidays anyway, rather than stay at home.

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2005, 02:11:52 AM »
This is not a moral issue. There is no question, whatsoever, from a moral or ethical point of view. Simply a real life, real world practical one.

The bottom line is that if you would do such a thing in the US and expect a sensible and happy outcome, then there is no reason for you to expect, probably having had experience of making such matches previously, any issues here. In such a case I can understand your concerns. Life is not being fair to you...:?

But if, as is more likely, you would not do such thing and take it seriously, then the simple question would have to be, why on earth do you think it should be something to take seriously between countries, generations and cultures?

Think about the question and you will find the answers you seek.

Offline Gef

« Reply #36 on: December 16, 2005, 03:10:54 AM »
Yes, I understand what you're saying now, and in fact I agree. But my original question dealt with the ladies sudden change or pattern of behavior. Women have always been something of an enigma to me, as with most of us I think. Mostly, I was merely curious as to what others may think along these terms. As it happens, I have since found the answer. Someone suggested to me that she may be feeling rather uncertain and alittle insecure about herself and the expectations she has of me. This is only natural and it should have been obvious to me from the begining. I spoke with my friends and with her and this has turned out to be the case. Kudos and my thanks to this 'someone'.:D

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #37 on: May 01, 2024, 04:43:54 PM »
I had the good fortune to strike up a few conversations with some women from Ukraine and Russia during the past few months.  Although there wasn't an obvious connection, we continue to keep in touch.  I ask them questions about local life, dating, work, the economy where they live, etc.

Yes, this is an old dead thread.

This guy kept old girls around, I say don't recycle girls. Let the poor girls move on 
don't waste your time or theirs with silly navel gazing. You are friend zoning them.
They believe it will be like Hollywood, where you suddenly figure out that you want
them.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2024, 04:52:25 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1847
Most Online Ever: 12701