It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Greetings from the Alamo city  (Read 4916 times)

Offline JuanCarlos70

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Greetings from the Alamo city
« on: June 16, 2017, 08:13:50 AM »
Juan Laurel here, I live in San Antonio and I met a little lady through some friends of mine who were visiting her in the Ukraine, that was back in January and we are planning to get together this December in Paris.  I have been running in to a snag lately with sending her some money for her Birthday but I will be asking that question on new thread.  Take care

Offline LAman

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Greetings from the Alamo city
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2017, 11:11:47 AM »
Hmmmmm, so you sent money for her family and the next day you wanted to send 'the little lady' some money for her birthday. You couldn't put the 2 together?

Since you haven't met, isn't it nicer to sending her some cool flowers for her birthday( since she does have some money already from you), plenty of florists in Ukraine!!!!

So what's next? First Tuesday of the next month? )))

Oh, BTW, maybe you can send her some money for the new bio-metric passport , that way she will be able to meet you in Paris!! These are costs:

Passport cost-577uah
 Expedited(10 day)- 213uah
 Service center( faster lines, open longer)-400uah

Shouldn't send more than 1190uah or ~45usd
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2017, 12:30:56 PM »
Juan Laurel here, I live in San Antonio and I met a little lady through some friends of mine who were visiting her in the Ukraine, that was back in January and we are planning to get together this December in Paris.  I have been running in to a snag lately with sending her some money for her Birthday but I will be asking that question on new thread.  Take care

Greetings friends, I sent my Kateryna some funds earlier this week for her to take care of some things for her family, I have known this woman since January, she has never asked for anything, I offered to assist, when I attempted to send a few extra dollars the next day, I received some max error from Western Union, is this a block on her name or on mine?  Western Union has no definitive answers, I tried MoneyGram but they are useless, are there other ways to send money to her?  Any information would be gladly appreciated

- J

I posted both of your posts here to help others know all the details, so they can
post helpful comments and advice.

Juan Carlos, generally I recommend that you don't send somebody money before
meeting in person, but for every rule there are exceptions to the rule. Your friends
know her etc. might be an exception, but it may not.

Also I generally recommend that you meet the girl in her home city first before
going on romantic trips elsewhere. There are many reasons for this, but it's
usually a good idea. If you want to know why, just ask and there are plenty of
guys who can explain why.

Lastly, I usually recommend that you meet a girl as soon as possible. January is
a long time from now.

I know a guy, a very average (at best) looking guy who got on a plane and swept
a girl off her feet and they are married to this day. There was another guy (I knew
him too) and he was younger, thinner and more handsome and he wanted to wait
until the time was right.

They were both pursuing the same girl, (I didn't know that until later.) The guy with
the plane ticket won and the more handsome guy who waited lost. FSUW want a man
of action. You need to be a man of action

Udachi!

Bill
« Last Edit: June 16, 2017, 12:35:26 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2017, 11:48:29 PM »

Welcome to the forum Juan. Are the friends who introduced you to the lady American or Ukrainian? Most women with good manners will not accept money from people they never met. Sending money as a birthday gift is a bad idea on your part. Get a little more creative with your gifts. Who decided on Paris for the first meeting? It is possible to win a lady's heart without the help of a romantic city.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline JuanCarlos70

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2017, 08:40:08 AM »
Hello Gentlemen, thank you for the welcome and the feedback, greatly appreciated :)

My Friend Rob, who used to be my roommate here in Texas, he met a girl online in Germany, he had just been through an ugly divorce and decided to go visit this woman, after 3 months of spending time with her, he married her, that was over 2 1/2 years ago, they just gave birth to their first child this past week.  Prior to this, my friend's wife and him back in January, went to visit my Kateryna in the Ukraine, Rob's wife Steph and Kateryna are really Good Friends.  We all started talking on Skype because Rob knows that I like to build kalashnikov rifles and he was joking about finding me parts to send.  During that time of our conversation, Rob's wife introduced me to Kateryna because we asking about one another to our respected friends.  Katya and I have been talking since early January of this year, all this time we have shared some things with each other about our past, our fears, and the reason we have been single for some time, she and I have both put trust in bad people, she has never hit any red flags with me in the realm of making talk about wanting a Green card or needing money.  She at first was dedicated in wanting to talk to me when I got off from work, but once I realized the 8 hour time difference and how this schedule early on affected her sleep schedule, I asked her to allow me to accommodate her by getting up at a time that she has had ample sleep.  We early on had some physical attraction to one another, but our conversations have gone deeper than the surface, she has a wonderful heart, she is very caring, very dedicated to her family as well as to me, she manages her time towards us all, while still maintaining a job.

She works as a hairdresser that she went to school for and she is the middle child of her family.  During this time, I have seen her be the glue for her family, she does a lot for both her parents (with them being divorced) as well as her siblings. 

She IS very easy on the eyes, and she is trying to pursue a modeling career there in the Ukraine where she has done some promotional photos for a gym she trains at, but I told her that if she wanted to possibly work elsewhere, maybe here in the US that she might have better opportunities for her, I do have friends in the industry and asked them for information for her, so there is a possibility for her to make some business connections if she should choose to pursue them.

We make time for each other, being that I am usually up at 3 am, we meet online via Facebook Vid Chat, she is using her phone at the moment since her computer died and she now lives on her own and her former roommate took her computer with her.  We also say goodnight to each other when it is her bedtime, that is usually when my lunch break from work happens, so pretty much, things are moving swimmingly.  She has taken greater steps to improve her English while I am learning to read and speak Russian.  When I say she is dedicated, she truly amazes me some times, one time I recall she was out at her Mother's house which is a good distance from her apartment, the internet signal at her Mother's was poor and she was unable to contact me, so she got back on the minibus to head back to her apartment just to talk to me, I did not expect that one bit,

We had talked about when and where to finally meet physically face to face, I originally planned to have her come here to Texas in October, but from what I am seeing, it is VERY difficult for a single Ukrainian woman to get a tourist visa to come to the US, if that has changed, please let me know.  On the subject of Paris, it was a place we both had talked about wanting to visit in the far distant future, I offered that we meet there, because it would be a place that neither one of us has been to, and would give us a sense of adventure, the plan is to go in December during my Birthday, Christmas, and New Years.

Now in the matter of money, I understand the hesitations, I used to work for the Fraud department in a bank here in town, she has never asked for money, nor thrown out what I call the stripper hints, she mainly spoke of some things that happened with her older sister and left it at that, I offered to help and she declined respectfully saying that she didn't want to be a burden, she said her and her sister would work through it, I still left the offer there, being that it wasn't a considerable amount of money, I saw no issue or red flag for it.  ($200), I eventually convinced her and went through with the Western Union.  That transaction went through without issue, I have sent her roses for Valentines and for those Just Because moments before but knowing her Birthday is coming soon, I asked her what she wanted for her Birthday, she said she really doesn't need anything other than for us to spend time together on her Birthday, a video chat date via Facebook, I asked her if she didn't want anything specific if I could send her some money for her to at least get some new clothes or something for her apartment, or to maybe put some money in savings towards a new computer, again, not sending a huge amount of money.  When I initiated that transaction, with my card, being that it was going to an international destination, the fraud blocker came up, I called my bank and they removed the block but since then, Western Union has been acting funky, not sure if they themselves flagged my card now or what, because most of the customer service reps I get ahold of are in loud outsourced call centers where I cannot make heads or tails of what they are saying.

As for my and Kateryna, we do have a connection, we talk for hours in the day, and she does want me to come to the Ukraine, I have a friend who lived in Kiev for some time and he said I would love living in the Ukraine being that I like the outdoors (and she does too) I do have banking experience, I would find a job there easily.

Again, I appreciate you guys looking out for me, my friends do the same too, they ask a lot of questions, and I ask them of her as well.

Take care

- J

Offline ML

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2017, 08:49:46 AM »
. . . to come to the Ukraine . . . I do have banking experience, I would find a job there easily.

1) there is no such place called 'the Ukraine' anymore than there are places called 'the France, the Germany, etc.'

2) you 'might' find a job there if you spoke Ukrainian.

3) the job you found (if you spoke Ukrainian) would pay about one tenth of what you earn in USA while your living expenses would be maybe one half what they are in USA.  Do the math.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline JuanCarlos70

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2017, 09:39:34 AM »
Thanks for the feedback ML, I didn't mean to offend by adding "THE" in front of Ukraine.  My apologies if that was taken as such.

As for doing the math, I have been doing some research, long before I found this forum, I am weighing out options on what would be comfortable for her and me as well.  I know she is very close to her family, so I am weighing out everything possible, nothing has been set in to stone.  I have family in Spain, along with London, and of course my friends in Germany, Belgium, and the man that taught me to build Kalashnikov rifles has a home in Budapest, he did say at one time he was looking for someone to mind the house while he is here in the States.  I have experience in working at banks, retail shops, firearms gunsmithing, guitar repair, and have even taught Martial Arts for some time.  I always have a willingness to learn so I have been working on brushing up on language studies.

Thank you again Gentlemen, truly appreciate your feedback and your sharing of your experiences.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2017, 10:48:33 AM »

Sounds good Juan but there is one big problem with all this. Why wait till December to go see her? If she is a winner, go see her ASAP. Men on this board have lost women to other men who made the move faster.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2017, 03:08:42 PM »
Well let me be the first to say it takes Juan to know Juan ;D I'm in agreement if your onto a good thing go now. Risking missing out by waiting six months is sheer stupidity. Until you meet her your banking on there being chemistry in real life. Find out now so if there isn't your not wasting time. Don't stay in a dream world go for a real dream.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline ML

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2017, 03:30:05 PM »
Well let me be the first to say it takes Juan to know Juan ;D I'm in agreement if your onto a good thing go now. Risking missing out by waiting six months is sheer stupidity. Until you meet her your banking on there being chemistry in real life. Find out now so if there isn't your not wasting time. Don't stay in a dream world go for a real dream.

Very strange use of the word 'your.'   Three times even.
Is this some new British rule?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2017, 05:39:18 PM »

Maybe he means "you're," "you're" and "you're!"  His computer or phone obviously doesn't know the dfference.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2017, 11:27:27 AM »
Bill's Rant

I got busy and it's not finished. I will rant later
FSUW don't do vague

Offline msmob

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2017, 08:15:49 PM »

Hardly, though the spelling of Trench, DK and Steveboy makes me wonder if their truancy officer was kept busy :(

It's hardly a great advert for the English education system .. note I use English, rather than British ..   I'm not English..

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2017, 11:44:51 AM »
Maybe he means "you're," "you're" and "you're!"  His computer or phone obviously doesn't know the dfference.

I think that anyone using a phone to post should be given a pass
on all but the most atrocious errors. It's too much freaking work
especially since there isn't an apostrophe without going through
several gyrations (on my phone at least).

I make very few posts from my phone so for 99% of my mistakes
I offer no excuse.

FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1907
Total: 1918

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM