It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: RW Having Sex just for Fun?  (Read 56320 times)

Offline I/O

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: RW Having Sex just for Fun?
« Reply #100 on: December 29, 2020, 03:52:23 PM »
SSC, your observations are pretty accurate IME and I'm looking from the flip side I guess.

I recall many years ago I went swimming with a Moldovan lady, we were walking home later and she asked me if was common for Westerners not to carry bags (packages). I don't think a small question ever made me feel so small or out of touch with good manners (the way I had been strictly brought up)..🤭

I quickly took her package and switched to the street side of the sidewalk. I just felt so embarrassed.

My re-found good manners cost me dearly years later when my now wife and I were trying to enter a crowded mini bus. I was holding the door open for my wife and other ladies - I found myself left standing on the sidewalk as the loaded bus departed. My now wife was none too impressed with my overly mannerly approach and made her feelings abundantly clear when we reunited about two hours later. 🤣

The whole phenomenon is a product of the pursuit of so called equality and notwithstanding it's a debate in and of itself, I don't think it's one of the positive outcomes.

I could go on.....

Offline japtats

• Restricted
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #101 on: December 29, 2020, 05:37:23 PM »
Generally speaking, I think there are more differences between individual people that between "men of the East" vs "men of the West" as a whole.

However, I do have a couple of observations, which, of course, may or may not be extrapolated onto the men beyond the specific group that I get to meet.

I work in a heavily male-dominated field, and it is pretty noticeable that Western men have much easier time accepting that a woman can be "infringing" on their "rightful domain". With many FSU men, I often feel the undercurrent of a certain disrespect - "how can a woman possibly know what she's talking about". A certain hint of chauvinism, if you will.
I'm not deluding myself and I realize that it's entirely possible some Western men might think the same and they just hide it better LOL

In a sort of the same vein, and this might be just my luck, but I am finding Western men to be generally more supportive of my professional pursuits - and here I'm talking not just about my BF who is never shy to express his respect for my achievements and goals, but also friends and even good professional acquaintances. Again, even if it's just a facade, it sure is a much better one than jealousy and hostility.

On the flip side, I've found FSU men generally more forward with their interest in women - maybe it's the effect of less feminist outlook of many women here, but FSU men generally aren't too shy to approach us. And I normally don't need to teach FSU men to stand up if a lady enters the room while they are sitting, as well as hand her the coat properly, offer her his hand if they happen across an obstacle of any kind, etc. though this is mostly true for somewhat older FSU men, while younger guys (35 and below) are very hit or miss with their manners. Mostly miss LOL

Phew, I have not even written all that much, but I'm already tired - battling a raging Covid infection is not fun and I get exhausted really quickly because of it.
Perhaps I will add more observations later, we shall see :)

Thanks for the reply, manners is something i learnt from my trips to FSU, i took those back to the West, when dating Western women, helped hahaha.

Can you tell us the differences between courting women for Western and FSU men? Do the men in FSU get you gifts etc? Your insight is very helpful.

Offline John Gaunt

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #102 on: December 30, 2020, 07:26:03 AM »
Quote from: Sea Salt Caramel
Generally speaking, I think there are more differences between individual people that between "men of the East" vs "men of the West" as a whole..................................

Very interesting observations indeed but for now I wish you all the best in fighting off your infection and making a recovery back to good health.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2020, 07:28:53 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline DCCowboy71

« Reply #103 on: December 30, 2020, 08:33:49 AM »
men to stand up if a lady enters the room while they are sitting, as well as hand her the coat properly, offer her his hand if they happen across an obstacle of any kind, etc.
I guess I always thought this was the norm for US Men. I was raised to act this way by my Grandfather. I have sense raised my son the same way.

Phew, I have not even written all that much, but I'm already tired - battling a raging Covid infection is not fun and I get exhausted really quickly because of it.
Can Understand that I went through it back in April

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #104 on: December 30, 2020, 09:55:11 AM »

You should be careful not to over do it. It might cause you grief later.
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Sea Salt Caramel

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #105 on: January 03, 2021, 04:02:55 AM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for the well-wishes - I'm still not out of the woods yet but I'm making progress (at least I'd like to hope so LOL)

Below text was edited for brevity, etc. after having been posted:

Cutting to the chase, before the fatigue gets the best of me again, the gifts question. I am not a very good authority to ask this as I never expect to get anything valuable in the monetary sense from the men courting me.

What does make me, personally, look at the man in a favorable light is the ability to surprise me - it does not have to be anything overboard, but something like...mmm...for example, remembering that I mentioned how much i like a specific exotic fruit and then surprising me with it next time we see each other. It wouldn't break a bank to buy that fruit, but it would require, first, remembering my preference, and, second, putting in the legwork or google-fu to find it.

In other words - make it personal, make the lady see that you care for her specifically, that you listen to her and actually hear what she's saying.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 02:45:43 PM by Sea Salt Caramel »
If you're gonna play the game, boy
You gotta learn to play it right

Offline japtats

• Restricted
« Reply #106 on: January 03, 2021, 04:10:38 PM »
Hey guys,

Thanks for the well-wishes - I'm still not out of the woods yet but I'm making progress (at least I'd like to hope so LOL)

Below text was edited for brevity, etc. after having been posted:

Cutting to the chase, before the fatigue gets the best of me again, the gifts question. I am not a very good authority to ask this as I never expect to get anything valuable in the monetary sense from the men courting me.

What does make me, personally, look at the man in a favorable light is the ability to surprise me - it does not have to be anything overboard, but something like...mmm...for example, remembering that I mentioned how much i like a specific exotic fruit and then surprising me with it next time we see each other. It wouldn't break a bank to buy that fruit, but it would require, first, remembering my preference, and, second, putting in the legwork or google-fu to find it.

In other words - make it personal, make the lady see that you care for her specifically, that you listen to her and actually hear what she's saying.

Thanks, only issue is it takes a bit of homework to find that. When i approach dating, i usually message someone on tinder, shortly after few messages, i arrange a date within few days, or the same day. Women generally understand what i am after, as i am very direct , and ask direct yes or no questions. Issue is what i am after, a lot of women want to give, but can't freely trust a man , as they had negative experiences. A lot of men don't deliver, and talk very freely about their promises.

I know a few guys get women luxurious items before anything sexual happens. I think like myself, we just don't want to waste so much time with talking, and rather roll up our sleeves, give a little gift (in my case $15 perfume), and set a tone on the first date, that we are willing to play ball, if they play ball.

I did ask my girlfriend, some guys even ask to split the bill in Ukraine, some guy got her gifts, one was an Italian man in italy who got her the latest phone before the relationship turned sexual. I know my ex fiance, after we split, some guys got her some gifts, she was in Moscow, the guy she dated promised her she would never need to cook, he would order food, he would get her a car, etc all on the first date. In the end it was all just a bunch of crap from his side, she cheated on him with a 24 year old guy, who had oligarch roots, who flew down from Paris to Moscow, to spend a few days with her, and got her a Gucci Perfume for their first date.

Difference between the 24 year old, and her boyfriend, was the 24 year old had money, her boyfriend had a good job, was good, but wasn't a big boy lie he made himself out to be. H also tried to dodge a $300 medical bill, she never asked him to pay it, he just never paid it. She was cleaning floors, cooking for him, and he was getting mad at her because her university shutdown, so he wanted her to go work as a Nurse during Corona (she was training to be a Dr at top university, now might be going to London, on a scholarship). I told her not to cheat on her boyfriend, and focus on him, till i realised he was full of shit, which i dislike in people, talking crap about stuff they will do , and have no intention of delivering.

So women are sceptical, as a lot of men talk, but not many act if that makes sense. And some men who like the old way of doing things in a relationship/marriage, are in a minefield.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2021, 05:21:58 PM by japtats »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
RW Having Sex just for Fun?
« Reply #107 on: March 29, 2021, 08:21:15 AM »
I think this is all part of the general attitude of FSU women that it is their job to
insure that their man is satisfied sexually at all times.  It seems to be a cultural
thing that is passed down from grandmothers, to mothers to daughters, etc.

This is my experinece.  Your experiences may differ.  But I doubt that many here
can honestly say that they have had as much experience as I have had with FSU
women.

Albert makes this point early in the thread, I thought that I would point out that
it's been my experience too.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #108 on: March 29, 2021, 10:49:42 AM »
Albert makes this point early in the thread, I thought that I would point out that
it's been my experience too.

Women's perspective, attitude or what-not with casual sex, either within or out of a relationship, is the same regardless of nationality. Physiologically speaking, all women are biologically wired the same way.

I've had more pins in a US and global map than anyone I know, so I doubt my experience in this is wrong.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
RW Having Sex just for Fun?
« Reply #109 on: March 29, 2021, 12:52:10 PM »

Women's perspective, attitude or what-not with casual sex, either within or out of a relationship, is the same regardless of nationality. Physiologically speaking, all women are biologically wired the same way.

I've had more pins in a US and global map than anyone I know, so I doubt my experience in this is wrong.
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

Women's bodies and brains have the same wiring in the US as their sisters in the FSU
but their attitudes are NOT the same. It's not even remotely the same from one women
in a College dorm in Oregon with the girl from across the hall in her Oregon dorm. The
attitude of the woman who decides to let you inside her knickers affects the experience,
you could argue with me but you would be wrong.   ;)

"Ninety percent of this game is half mental." Yogi Berra
FSUW don't do vague

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #110 on: March 29, 2021, 01:02:09 PM »
I'm not sure what you are talking about.

No doubt.  :P

Women's bodies and brains have the same wiring in the US as their sisters in the FSU
but their attitudes are NOT the same. It's not even remotely the same from one women
in a College dorm in Oregon with the girl from across the hall in her Oregon dorm. The
attitude of the woman who decides to let you inside her knickers affects the experience,
you could argue with me but you would be wrong.   ;)

Oh I'm sure from a man's perspective, more especially experience, there's a difference. Again, IME, zero difference.

Therein lies the confusion. Bottom line, I for one, never subscribed to all the silly myths propped up about *FSUW*. But that's just me. YMMV.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #111 on: March 29, 2021, 02:10:04 PM »
Therein lies the confusion. Bottom line, I for one, never subscribed to all the silly myths
propped up about *FSUW*. But that's just me. YMMV.

What myths? That each woman is different, sorta like a snowflake?
That's a myth? Or Real?
FSUW don't do vague

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #112 on: March 29, 2021, 03:28:51 PM »
What myths? That each woman is different, sorta like a snowflake?
That's a myth? Or Real?

For one, FSUWs are more feminine, more family-oriented, etc...there's enough of that junk-talk in this site and others.

Which, and one should never forget, that these jargon mostly come from a certain 'subset' of men searching in MOB-regions.

Women are women, IMO.

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #113 on: March 29, 2021, 06:54:29 PM »
I have limited experience with American women, but a lot of experience with FSU women and a good amount of experience with Japanese and Filipina women
And I, like most here, get a lot of info from American men about American women.

True, there is considerable difference across women within the same nation and culture.

However, I conclude that for the 'average' woman in each nation, there is a difference between nations with respect to taking care of their men in ordinary activities and in sexual activities.

FSU women in general are more concerned compared to American women that their man is taken care of with respect to meals, appropriate clothing and cleanliness for the occasion, comfort when relaxing in the chair or bed, and sexual satisfaction.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 06:56:16 PM by ML »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #114 on: April 01, 2021, 06:38:21 PM »

As an aside. I had an occasion many years ago to meet one of Yogi Berra's nephews and he shared a story. He said when he was a teen he was lying on Yogi's couch watching Rio Lobo. Yogi walked into the room and stopped, stared at the tv for a minute or so and said " ah, John Wayne. He made that movie before he was dead"

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #115 on: April 02, 2021, 01:32:48 PM »
As an aside. I had an occasion many years ago to meet one of Yogi Berra's nephews and he shared a story. He said when he was a teen he was lying on Yogi's couch watching Rio Lobo. Yogi walked into the room and stopped, stared at the tv for a minute or so and said " ah, John Wayne. He made that movie before he was dead"

Yogi Berra has a half dozen quotes that I use all the time.

Here are a few classics,
It’s like déjà vu all over again
You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.
Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.

FSUW don't do vague

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #116 on: April 02, 2021, 02:03:13 PM »
Yogi Berra has a half dozen quotes that I use all the time.

Here are a few classics,
It’s like déjà vu all over again
You’ve got to be very careful if you don’t know where you are going, because you might not get there.
Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets.

A dime ain't worth a nickle anymore

That place is too busy. Nobody eats there anymore.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541011
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1909
Total: 1920

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Today at 09:47:10 AM