It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: RW In Canada Wants Son to Join  (Read 1521 times)

Offline mark8971

RW In Canada Wants Son to Join
« on: April 26, 2010, 05:57:23 PM »
do you have advise for me... i am newly married to a russian women living in ontario and we are trying to get her son here to canada... 10 months later and still not approved yet.... she is here with me and misses her son but is worried if she goes back she wont be allowed back in.. 

mark

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
RE: RW In Canada Wants Son to Join
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2010, 06:10:09 PM »
mark, if your wife is a permanent resident, she can travel to and from Canada as she wishes.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2010, 06:11:37 PM »
do you have advise for me... i am newly married to a russian women living in ontario and we are trying to get her son here to canada... 10 months later and still not approved yet.... she is here with me and misses her son but is worried if she goes back she wont be allowed back in.. 

mark
Mark..
Because you are new here but are married...rather than 'hijack' this thread, best to go post a new thread in the 'Married' forum and explain your situation in detail.
Karl
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 06:13:54 PM »

mark

Mark,

Your wife has my sympathy, being separated from her young son.  Your question is a good one, yet hidden in this thread.  I suggest that you start a new thread in the Discussion Group IMMIGRATION AND VISAS (even though Canada differs from the US).  As tfcrew suggests, MARRIED is also a good place.

And please provide more information about any petitions that you and your wife have submitted and the responses of the Canadian government.

Good luck.

Online Lily

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
Re: RW In Canada Wants Son to Join
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 08:20:56 PM »
Mark,

No worries. Suggest applying for sponsoring the boy into Canada. Read http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp
Da, da, Canada; Nyet, nyet, Soviet!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541589
Total Topics: 20870
Most Online Today: 2854