It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Air fare prices at start of 2021  (Read 2993 times)

Offline supraman

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
Air fare prices at start of 2021
« on: January 01, 2021, 02:41:15 AM »
Australians thinking of flying to Russia- Ukraine soon, maybe check your cost of air fares before making any more plans as air fares alone for us Ozzies , is out of the question . Currently if wife and 2  children fly to Moscow and back , in the next few months we are up for around $55,000 Aus ($42,300 USD )return economy with Emirates .
     One way - one adult was around $10,000 . We also have a mandatory quarantine on return at a cost of approx $4000 plus ,depending on your state.  It appears a lot cheaper for Americans .
  Previously it was around $5,500 for the 3 girls -return .
 Recently heard of a family stuck in Moscow as the return fares for them were approx $30,000...

Offline Davo

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
Re: Air fare prices at start of 2021
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 02:59:55 AM »
I’ve been looking at flights weekly for August 2021. With Qatar they are approximately $2000 aud return, but there’s a good chance holiday makers won’t be travelling by then.

I believe what you’re saying. I heard on the abc news radio channel that a woman who’s stuck in the UK paid $14,000 one way to return at the end of the month. As you know there’s limited flights and a huge demand for seats atm, with so many citizens wanting to return home and also foreign citizens stuck here. One of my mates Columbian in-laws have been here since February on a 3 month visa and can’t get a flight that won’t bankrupt them.

My Russian pilot mate flying for jet star told me to be prepared to travel as soon as we open up. He thinks there will be a small window where there will be reasonably priced flights to get people in seats. After that they will get much more expensive. He said it will take 2-3 years before flights return to the prices we’ve seen in the past, if ever. I paid $1400 aud last trip.

One good thing with Qatar is they give you some flexibility if you pay now and still can’t travel on the flight dates (a year if I remember correctly). I’m seriously thinking about paying the 2k August tickets now and hope we can travel this year....That won’t help you atm though.

Edit... On a side note. I’m thinking about going for a month and a half. After the maximum month in Russia on a tourist visa, has anyone crossed the Georgian border and re-entered Russia?.... If so how easy was this to do?
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 03:54:11 AM by Davo »

Offline I/O

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2021, 04:34:31 AM »
Just ran a search for the Ol' lady and one of our daughters (10 Y/O) June 5 - July 10 which has approximately been on the drawing board for a while.

Brisbane - Moscow return just on $3k Au Qantas / Qatar. Last time was about $2700 through Bangkok with Thai. Doesn't look too bad....🤔

Offline supraman

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2021, 05:25:54 AM »
I only did one search for January after hearing of the stranded family and was rather shocked by the price

Offline GenMish

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2021, 05:35:15 AM »
Most I ever spent going to Russia, was 1000 USD. And that was only because Lufthansa had a one stop to Eketerinburg. Otherwise I could get Aeroflot for 5 to 700. After Great Grandma passed, then we had family reunions in Spain.

On the subject of travel risk, from here on out be prepared for all kinds of crazyness. I was caught in Bali in march. I got an email from Delta, all my flights were cancelled. I found a place to rent, but then I got an email from the State Dept, if I dont come home now, I may never come home. I still wanted to stay, but I had too many obligations in the USA. So I came home, but it was one big hassle. My strategy next trip, I will be prepared to stay years if needed. I got with an attorney, Im lining up long term Visas just in case. I got with my banker, arranged for him to take care of financial matters in case Im gone and there are internet shutdowns due to political or social unrest or even wars

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Air fare prices at start of 2021
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2021, 12:40:02 PM »
Australians thinking of flying to Russia- Ukraine soon, maybe check your cost of air fares before making any more plans as air fares alone for us Ozzies , is out of the question.

Welcome back!

Looks like your country quarantined itself and when they reopened they put
numerous and onerous new regulations on any airlines and flight crews that
they allowed to fly. The flight costs that you post reflect the new regulations.

I checked to see what it would cost to fly from Austin TX to Melbourne and they
showed zero flights for the months of January and February.

I think that once your politicians get enough angry phone calls about it that
they will get with the airlines and work out a sensible solution.

That's just my uneducated guesswork/opinion from the Northern hemisphere.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 12:52:23 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Davo

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2021, 02:52:27 PM »
Welcome back!

Looks like your country quarantined itself and when they reopened they put
numerous and onerous new regulations on any airlines and flight crews that
they allowed to fly. The flight costs that you post reflect the new regulations.

I checked to see what it would cost to fly from Austin TX to Melbourne and they
showed zero flights for the months of January and February.

they will get with the airlines and work out a sensible solution.

That's just my uneducated guesswork/opinion from the Northern hemisphere.

We actually haven’t reopened. No Australian can leave the country atm, except under very special circumstances (visiting family or even attending a funeral isn’t one of them). We are banned from flying overseas until March, but this date will almost certainly be pushed back until the vaccines are proven to be effective and safe, potential travellers have taken it and the country we want to visit has seen a dramatic reduction in new cases due to them using an effective vaccine.

What’s going on with the high prices are lots of our citizens who work and live overseas want to return due to us being almost covid free compared with most other countries or simply their work visa has expired. There are limited flights and those flights are not full due to a restriction of how many people can return at one time. The return flights from Australia are basically empty due to the overseas travel ban. I’ve heard of some planes only having 20 passengers from the UK, which means they are paying for the total cost for the plane and crew to fly a 20,000 mile round trip. Most Australians are happy to be closed off from the rest of the world and have no desire to travel overseas in the near future.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 03:28:19 PM by Davo »

Offline LAman

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2021, 04:00:35 PM »
We actually haven’t reopened. No Australian can leave the country atm, except under very special circumstances (visiting family or even attending a funeral isn’t one of them). We are banned from flying overseas until March, but this date will almost certainly be pushed back until the vaccines are proven to be effective and safe, potential travellers have taken it and the country we want to visit has seen a dramatic reduction in new cases due to them using an effective vaccine.

I checked on my online site for late January from my city to Melbourne, cost just over $4000 usd.
Many airlines will sell the ticket, problem is if they cancel( which may be likely), then you hooked......allowed to rebook only with this airline at a possibly higher price.
Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift

Offline I/O

« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2021, 05:06:46 PM »
they will get with the airlines and work out a sensible solution

Bill, I don't actually think so. Most Aussies are quite happy with the world, particularly Asia, locked out.

One of the benifits has been no flue season this year.

This isn't the politically correct view but it is by far the majority view.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 05:10:49 PM by I/O »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2021, 05:46:09 PM »
We actually haven’t reopened.

That explains a lot.

Superdewd didn't know?   
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Davo

« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2021, 05:48:32 PM »

I checked on my online site for late January from my city to Melbourne, cost just over $4000 usd.
Many airlines will sell the ticket, problem is if they cancel( which may be likely), then you hooked......allowed to rebook only with this airline at a possibly higher price.

I’d be asking them why they are advertising flights that are probably already grounded. I noticed Qatar doing the same a month ago, but have now removed those flights. Hopefully they would let you know the situation here when you try to book the flight.

This is the most recent info from Dec 30 regarding who can enter Australia atm.

“When can those overseas fly to Australia?

Tourists–aside from those coming from New Zealand–are not currently allowed to enter Australia. Australian citizens, residents, and immediate family members* are permitted to travel to Australia. However, as conditions are subject to change, and can change at short notice, we advise that they contact their nearest Australian consular service for the latest information and advice.”

Offline Davo

« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2021, 05:58:06 PM »
This is an up to date article on what’s happening down under ...

When can Australians travel again? Latest border reopening news

We know that travel is especially difficult right now. But alongside the latest COVID-19 travel advice and updates, we want to continue to inspire you with new travel content so that when the world opens its doors again, you'll be ready.
We’ve all been spending a bit more time at home lately, but this doesn’t mean our wanderlust has dimmed. If you’re sitting there wondering ‘when can I travel again?’ you’re not alone. Globetrotters throughout the country are all patiently waiting for the day when Australia’s borders will open.

We’ve compiled and sorted all the information you need from official government sources, and answer your burning travel questions. That way, you’ll be equipped to figure out where and when you can travel from Australia.

This guide was accurate as of 31 December 2020. Please note that travel restrictions and government recommendations may change quickly and without notice.

When can Australians travel interstate?

There is a cap on how many passengers can come into Australia from overseas in an effort to ease quarantine facilities. As of March 2020, all overseas travel has been prohibited but it looks like some states and territories are allowing their residents to go on a hallowed staycation.

This is great news, but keep in mind that each state and territory are making their own calls on how many of the restrictions they are lifting. So, it’s important to check conditions before booking anything. It’s also wise to book accommodations that offer free date changes or cancellations just in case borders close or restrictions are enacted without notice.

Please be aware that some states are restricting travel or are closed to interstate travel. You can find the latest information on travel within your state, and advise on inter-state travel at the following government websites:

New South Wales
Queensland
Victoria
South Australia
Australian Capital Territory
Northern Territory
Western Australia
Tasmania
There are current travel restrictions within Australia’s internal borders, notably restrictions on travellers coming from New South Wales due to a recent COVID-19 outbreak. State and territory border openings may only be one way. This means that you might be able to enter another state or territory, but you may not be able to return without quarantining.

When can Australians travel overseas?

Currently, there’s a travel ban in place for all overseas travel from Australia. There are no definitive plans to lift this ban as of yet. According to Health Minister Greg Hunt, the Australian overseas travel ban is expected to be in place until 17 March 2021. This ban also restricts the entry of cruise ships into Australia. However, because this pandemic is unpredictable, this date may change or be extended without notice.

The travel ban means you cannot leave Australia for non-essential reasons (i.e. a holiday). If you do have an essential reason, you must obtain permission from the Department of Home Affairs.

Some Australian airlines, like Qantas, will require passengers to have their COVID-19 vaccine if they want to board an international flight. Other airlines like Virgin Australia and Air New Zealand have yet to share whether they’ll follow Qantas’s lead. Vaccination for at-risk Australian residents and frontline workers is likely to begin around March 2021, according to the Australian Department of Health.

When will the proposed travel bubbles from Australia form?

“Travel bubbles” are destinations with borders that allow travel between one another while remaining closed to other destinations. On 10 November, Prime Minister Scott Morrison said that Australia could be willing to open its borders to low-risk countries in Asia and the South Pacific. These could include counties like Fiji, China, Vanuatu, Japan, South Korea, Singapore, and New Zealand–with New Zealand hopefully being first on the list. The United States and Europe are not likely to be part of a travel bubble until their case numbers drop substantially.

However, forming these bubbles requires both destinations to be open to one another. Currently, the only travel bubble in place is a semi-bubble where Kiwis can enter Australia without needing to quarantine.

Government officials have also advocated for a ‘hotspot’ approach, where destinations outside of hotspots can open to one another. For example, countries with low numbers of cases may have quarantine-free travel between them. Travel to and from countries with a medium level of cases may require quarantine or self-isolation, while travel to countries with high cases may be banned altogether.

When can Australians travel to New Zealand?

On 16 October 2020, the first “travel bubble” opened between Australia and New Zealand. We’ve compiled the details of this travel arrangement in our article “When can Australians travel to New Zealand?“

Travellers from New Zealand are able to enter Australia without quarantining as part of a “Safe Travel Zone”. Prime Minister Ardern states that New Zealand will consider opening to Australians only after Australia has gone 28 days without a community transmitted case of COVID-19. Prime Minister Ardern says that a travel bubble with Australia can be expected in the first quarter of 2021 as so long as community cases of COVID-19 have dwindled to what New Zealand determines as an acceptable amount. However, an uptick in COVID-19 cases within Australia may put this target timeline at risk.

When can I hire a car?

Many Australians are exploring their backyard on a road trip. You can currently hire a car, but restrictions vary from state to state if you want to go on a road trip. It’s essential to check with the local and state authorities on how far you can travel and whether you can cross state borders. Keep in mind that a car hire centre may be open in one destination for pick-up, but the office you intend to drop the car off at may be closed due to cut hours or lockdown measures.

What does non-essential travel mean?

Non-essential travel isn’t outlined by the government as being necessary. To be able to travel overseas you must meet one of the following requirements, and provide evidence of your claims:

your travel is a direct response to the coronavirus pandemic, which includes providing aid.
your travel is essential to critical business industries
you need medical treatment that is not accessible or available in Australia
you need to travel on urgent (and unpreventable) personal business
you need to travel on compassionate or humanitarian grounds
your need to travel is in Australia’s national interest.

What if I need to travel back to Australia from overseas?

Australian passport holders, residents and immediate family members are allowed fly back to Australia. However, it’s imperative to check with the local authorities and the airlines first. This is to ensure flights are still available, and to check the rules around using this mode of transport. If you are based in New Zealand, you will be allowed into Australia as part of the semi travel bubble that has opened recently.

Some states in Australia have set a daily cap on how many people can fly into the territory, so services are limited. Currently, about 7,000 passengers from overseas are able to enter the country per week. Some destinations are closed to anyone who is not an official resident. Because of this cap, many travellers are struggling to find a seat on a plane or an affordable plane ticket.

It is recommended that you contact your nearest embassy or consulate to ensure that you have the most up to date information on restrictions and conditions for returning to Australia. For example, some countries and airlines require a negative COVID-19 test before your departure.

Australians that are overseas will also be subject to restrictions placed by the country they are currently in. It is also important to check whether you can legally enter a country as part of a layover.

When can those overseas fly to Australia?

Tourists–aside from those coming from New Zealand–are not currently allowed to enter Australia. Australian citizens, residents, and immediate family members* are permitted to travel to Australia. However, as conditions are subject to change, and can change at short notice, we advise that they contact their nearest Australian consular service for the latest information and advice.

Note that flights may be limited, and anyone entering Australia will be subjected to a 14-day quarantine upon arrival.

*To find out who qualifies as an immediate family member, call the Home Affairs Global Service Centre on 131 881.

Will I have to quarantine if I am travelling from overseas?

If you are entering Australia from overseas from any country aside from New Zealand, you must complete a 14-day quarantine.

Currently, you will be directed to a designated hotel to quarantine after you pass immigration, customs and health checks. Passengers on quarantine-mandatory flights are separated from passengers on flights that do not need to quarantine. You will need to quarantine at your entry point, and cannot get a connecting flight until after you have completed your quarantine period. Some states and territories are closed to domestic travel, so consider these factors when booking your repatriation flight.

The cost of quarantining in Australia depends on the state or territory you enter into. You may be responsible for paying all or part of the costs associated with your isolation. Prices typically range from $1500 to $3000 AUD per adult and about $1000 for each additional adult in the room. Additional children cost about $500 AUD each.

« Last Edit: January 01, 2021, 06:02:43 PM by Davo »

Offline rwd123

« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2021, 11:00:10 PM »
Edit... On a side note. I’m thinking about going for a month and a half. After the maximum month in Russia on a tourist visa, has anyone crossed the Georgian border and re-entered Russia?.... If so how easy was this to do?
It is possible to arrange business invitations letters, but the last time I obtained one was told the RF officials were cracking down on this. Not sure appropriate for you but private visas and study visas may be options.

Obtaining a visa may be an issue. Many embassies/consulates to the RF aren't issuing new visas. There's also the issue that the RF isn't allowing Australian passport holders (and most other countries) entry... after nine months.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2259
Total: 2270

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM