It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...  (Read 109086 times)

Offline IAmZon

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Ice Cube's Chance in Hell ...
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2012, 05:54:51 AM »
Well, the thing about using a Russian Free dating site, or any other non-local site for that matter is you have to travel a long ways for one possibility.  That is a completely different approach than I am interested in at this time.  That is woman first city / region second.

I will be in Vienna and Budapest for 10 days before I enter Ukraine.   Then, I will be in Eastern Ukraine for 42 days, 2.5 - 3 weeks of which will be with Jack's tour ... that gives me training wheels, and enables me to see and do much more in a short period of time than would be possible otherwise.

But, afterwards ...
In Latin America I was able to find social contacts through academic circles - backpackers - coach surfing / travelling scholarship holders (Rotary International, etc...) ... and that always lead to quality experiences with good people..  I have noticed in Latin America that many American travelers stay within a very narrow area with facilitators who have a vested interested in facilitating. Anyone have any comment on this?    

ALSO, and very important, I would appreciate any and all experiences with internet connections in these areas.   Although I spend much time travelling, I do have to work every day - without internet I may as well go get drunk LOL
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:11:47 AM by rivardco »

Offline Misha

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2012, 06:46:52 AM »
Well, the thing about using a Russian Free dating site, or any other non-local site for that matter is you have to travel a long ways for one possibility.

Why? Again, you are assuming things that are not founded in reality. The fact of the matter is that you can search the free Russian dating sites by city, and quite often there will be hundreds or even thousands of women with profiles from the city you happen to be in at the moment. If you are in city X, you thus search for women in city X. Quite often, when I was dating, if I was in a new Russian city, I would simply do a search and find a date in that city. Sure, it helped that I knew Russian, but I could often find a date for the same day, the same evening, within an hour or so using the mamba network.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2012, 07:10:42 AM »
Misah, point well taken.

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2012, 11:03:57 AM »
ALSO, about meeting women online, I read my post from last night and I did not want to seem dismissive, or arrogant.  I just understand that if a woman is truly beautiful and eligible, she is not at home knitting waiting for my letter to change her life (and would I really want that in the first place?)  Beautiful women have choices - EVERYWHERE.

Reading your posts (not just this one), i have got impression (or mis--impression:)) that you are intersted only in unattainable women, those that give you signs that they are NOT intersted in you enough for your relationship to proceed to intimate level. Women that have shown interest in you are seen as desperate even if initially, they seemed unattainable. Because of this impression, i cannot see how you can be successful in your search. You cannot have the unattainable and you do not want the seemingly desperate.

I assure you it is very possible for a truly beautiful and eligible woman to sit home, learn English, browse on-line dating sites and do other stuff that the average Ann does. Beauty does not equal an extraterrestrial being.

If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2012, 11:13:30 AM »
...I just understand that if a woman is truly beautiful and eligible, she is not at home knitting waiting for my letter to change her life (and would I really want that in the first place?)  Beautiful women have choices - EVERYWHERE....

That is true to a certain extent but being with as many women as you say you do, you should also understand some of the loneliest people out there are the relatively more beautiful women. Unlike their male counterpart, a lot of these women are not quite as morally, sexually, even socially expressive in their disposition and would much rather opt for an ideal and lasting relationship than a hop in a sack.

They do have a myriad more choices than the average Jane Does but quantity is not exactly the same as quality. Whereas, men, for the most part, would gladly shake their stick liberally, every chance they get, as many as they can, on any day the ends with a 'y'.

IMHO.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline vwrw

• Each post of mine is expression of MHO, not a fact
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2012, 11:22:28 AM »

You have never been to the FSU I presume. Sure beautiful women have choices, but they may not like the choices they meet on a daily basis and will seek new options. Some will turn to free Russian dating sites.

Very true Misha.
Here are pics of two my friends. Although these pics do not do justice to them, and they are much more attractive in reality, these pics are all i have.
These girls had many options, i saw both crying in frustration that all want to get in their pants. Yet both of them were singels for long intervals of time while seeking new options.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 01:19:56 PM by Turboguy »
If you don't understand something, why the other person is the idiot?
~ A member of this forum.

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2012, 11:37:44 AM »
Reading your posts (not just this one), i have got impression (or mis--impression:)) that you are intersted only in unattainable women, those that give you signs that they are NOT intersted in you enough for your relationship to proceed to intimate level. Women that have shown interest in you are seen as desperate even if initially, they seemed unattainable

Mis-impression I think (hope).   Again, I have lived in a city where there are MANY beautiful women but insincerity is very very high.   Also, the second to last time I really did online meeting, I started to fall in love with an illusion - Kristina from Omsk (Fat Yuri). So, many I have developed a balance that has made me a very happy bachelor.  Still, I have found sincere women and intimacy ... was I in LOVE? Not deeply.  Did I have reservation about age gaps in these cases? yes, indeed.

This upcoming trip seems like an orientation exercise NOT like a treasure hunt.  Now many could see this as a sign my expectations are off, or that I am too cold / much of a player.  BUT, to the contrary, I suspect my current mental state is just about perfect for all this:)
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 11:55:38 AM by rivardco »

Offline Gator

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2012, 03:08:50 PM »

This upcoming trip seems like an orientation exercise NOT like a treasure hunt. 

You need 42 days to become oriented!   

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #33 on: March 29, 2012, 05:24:18 PM »
You need 42 days to become oriented! 

Yep - sounds about right.

That does not mean "get along".  That means get a feel for the place and make a couple sincere relationships - not tourist relationship.  I have often remarked to myself how different a place is when you stay for 3 weeks, or more; as opposed to a weekend.  The people treat you differently (in some cases much differently).   First impressions are only first impressions.

Now I might be ALL WRONG!   Maybe this is the kind of place where solid human relationships can be made in hours and days?   I will be objective and tell you what I think.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 05:44:10 PM by rivardco »

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2012, 07:47:29 AM »
Language:  I tried, but only a little.  Then, I got smart and turned techie - have you guys seen what the new android translation apps can do?  That solves about 60% of things right there!  Now, if there could just be an app for male / female misunderstandings.

On line contacts: I'm probably a little behind the 8 ball here; but that could be best. A) There are much slimmer-pickins than appears to be the case when you look at a handful of cities rather than the world. Add to that the Russian Love Matches of the world (nothing more than emotional web cam studios).  There is alot of smoke.   Jack Bragg is helpful in this area to this area to say the least.  B) Selection.  I am staying right at the age of 30, with or without children (if you REALLY fall for a woman, an existing child is no burden ... in many ways a benefit ), and much more beautiful that I deserve:)

Question: I repeatedly solicited this board to get good comments / resources to best determine a location to live for an extended amount of time - several months minimum.   I get it - Kiev is the only first world alternative, with Dniper being something tolerable to most you fellas. But, the amount of comments on this question has been anemic.  Are there no very cool and unique cities / locations that jump out to anybody where it would be nice to live for a couple months?
- I don't care about how food tastes LOL
- I don't care about luxury and security and convenience
- I value the unusual and the charming
- I can not "unplug" from the modern world because of my work.

GraciASS ...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2012, 08:01:55 AM »
(if you REALLY fall for a woman, an existing child is no burden ...

You have got to be kidding!!!!

Question: I repeatedly solicited this board to get good comments / resources to best determine a location to live for an extended amount of time - several months minimum.   I get it - Kiev is the only first world alternative, with Dniper being something tolerable to most you fellas. But, the amount of comments on this question has been anemic.  Are there no very cool and unique cities / locations that jump out to anybody where it would be nice to live for a couple months?

If you want to do a lot of cultural things . . . then Kyiv cannot be beaten.

If you want to see a lot of very interesting things . . . then Yalta cannot be beaten.

If you like scamming/devious women . . . then Odesa cannot be beaten.

If you want to be in a city more like countries to the west of Ukraine . . . then Lvov is the place to go.

If you like to be in a very comfortable, more laid back city with seemingly larger than average percentage of good women . . . then Kharkiv and Dnipropetrovsk cannot be beaten.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Misha

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2012, 08:03:52 AM »
On line contacts: I'm probably a little behind the 8 ball here; but that could be best. A) There are much slimmer-pickins than appears to be the case when you look at a handful of cities rather than the world.

Again, the assumptions. I took a random city in Ukraine, Zaparozhe, and did a search using the mamba network (singles.ru). I came up with 1,331 profiles of women between the ages of 28 and 32. Many of them are extremely attractive based on the tiny photos I can see as an unregistered member. How exactly can thing be considered "slimmer-pickins" ???

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #37 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:31 AM »
HAHAHA - I should have qualified my comments to only reputable agencies (which is of course an area for ongoing debate) and Elenas, and some others that are mentioned here frequently.   I will roll - up my sleeves this week.

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #38 on: April 01, 2012, 08:14:42 AM »

- I don't care about how food tastes LOL
- I don't care about luxury and security and convenience
- I value the unusual and the charming
- I can not "unplug" from the modern world because of my work.

GraciASS ...

As long as you are taking suggestions. Saint Petersburg. You would be hard pressed to find a Westerner that didn't enjoy that city. A first class world city. If you go and find I was wrong, I will consider refunding the money you paid for this advice

Offline Daveman

« Reply #39 on: April 01, 2012, 08:48:55 AM »
"Several months" may be a problem.  Even with a business visa you still have that 90/180 which leaves you limited to a stay of only 90 days and then having to leave the country for another 90 for the 180day period to reset.  There are ways to get a residency - the easiest of which is to marry (what color is the residency document? heh,  we'll have a new reversed situational acronym soon).

Simferopol is a great little city with a laid back atmosphere -  and the gateway to Crimea.   Lvov is beautiful and more western, though the farther you go west, the more (overall) religious the people get. 

I like to *visit* Kiev.. just too large for my taste in 'living'.  Kharkiv is more of an "industrial" type city.. so the people are somewhat more down to earth.. I did live there for one extended visit..

The most beautiful nature, IMO, far and away are the Carpathian mountains.  The people are great but the lack of flush toilets may be a tad off putting.. religion also plays a much larger role in people's lives.  Plus you need to speak the  language... very very VERY few speak English at all.  Ukrainian is the language, though they can converse with you in Russian.

Dnepr I've only been through literally in passing, but from what I did see.. kinda like a blend of Simferopol, Kharkiv, and Kiev.

Odessa - yeah, probably many young women with serious expectation issues (the place is swamped with wealthy tourists every summer), but it's still one of my favorite cities to visit. 

Donetsk is another great "small City".  Though I wouldn't recommend it as a city for first time visit/extended stay.  Fewer people speak English so you pretty much have to have at least a basic working knowledge of Russian to get by.

Sooo... certainly many other possibilities as well.

The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2012, 06:19:51 PM »
As long as you are taking suggestions. Saint Petersburg. You would be hard pressed to find a Westerner that didn't enjoy that city. A first class world city. If you go and find I was wrong, I will consider refunding the money you paid for this advice

+1000 - the most beautiful city in the world (and for any hurt Ukrainians, Kyiv is number 2  :blowkiss: )

The cost of the advice is well worthwhile !  :ROFL:

Offline Daveman

« Reply #41 on: April 02, 2012, 05:28:47 PM »

Very true Misha.
Here are pics of two my friends. Although these pics do not do justice to them, and they are much more attractive in reality, these pics are all i have.
These girls had many options, i saw both crying in frustration that all want to get in their pants. Yet both of them were singels for long intervals of time while seeking new options.

I somehow missed these on the first go around...  Just judging by the photos.. the first one looks like she'd be a ton of fun.. the second... hmmm... how to phrase it... sorta like a train wreck just waiting to happen...

8)
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline newjason

• up up and away...
« Reply #42 on: April 02, 2012, 05:37:09 PM »

I somehow missed these on the first go around...  Just judging by the photos.. the first one looks like she'd be a ton of fun.. the second... hmmm... how to phrase it... sorta like a train wreck just waiting to happen...

8)

LOL       Nell Fenwick
Where's Dudley?

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:06:41 PM by newjason »

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #43 on: April 02, 2012, 07:32:23 PM »
4 years ago, I and "Kuna" entered this board at about the same time ( our situations differed), however we basically pursued totally different courses in life.  I have thought of him on occasion while I have maintained this so far very unremarkable thread.  He was SO excited.  He was PRODIGIOUS in his preparation.  (BTW - he found a wife in two weeks, and to the best of my knowledge is very happy with children. I hope he found his "sunshine" for real.). My point is simply that I have noticed how different I am now than I would have been back then, if I had elected to be a wife hunter.

At the time I had a vague notion that a man should first know himself before ... before EVERYTHING else. (I think few men are accurate with themselves in the first place) Which is to say, I had something to learn about myself.

And, now I find myself less than three weeks away from a 52 day trip.  And, the only real concern I have is what is the proper dress in Ukraine in May / June?  LOL   

I have ZERO ladies that I have met online.  Let's take a vote!  Does this trip have c-l-u-s-t-e-r f-u-c-k written all over it?

And, seriously, is this sports coat weather, or what?

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 06:18:14 AM by rivardco »

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #44 on: April 02, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »

I have ZERO ladies that I have met online.  Let's take a vote!  Does this trip have c-l-u-s-t-e-r f-u-c-k written all over it?

And, seriously, is this sports coat weather, or what?

It'll be what you make of it. Is it a prerequisite to "alarm" the FSU ladies of your arrival? No. You rivardco do not strike me as a bashful wallflower. The women are available and approachable. Use your natural instincts and you'll be fine

Offline IAmZon

« Reply #45 on: April 07, 2012, 09:45:08 PM »
Well, aside from online romances, I am preparing with diligence. Especially, I have been drinking alot:) 

It is not easy!  cramming three months of work in one.  Exercise.  Friends and Family. A little Russian courses.  Online stuff.  And making sure I build up my vodka tolerance ...

The important points I have been able to pick up from this board lately?  Don't wear my white Cubanos (shoes) LOL

Happy Easter!

Offline Darth_Budda

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #46 on: April 07, 2012, 10:23:32 PM »
making sure I build up my vodka tolerance ...

Just hope they have Crown Royal,,,,

Do up a double shot,, should make the Vodka go down better ;)

I take it they don't do mixed drinks either,,,

I can do the shots but i would need to warm up the belly first.. Straight shots can be hard on the stomach...

This reminds me if why I don't drink very much now,,,, Next day is hell....

:offtopic:

before my buddy got out of the marines we would drink a lot when he came home, Never knew if he would come back so we made the best out of the time we had..

The MAN shot always impressed people.. I think they were laughing at how stupid we were??  :wallbash:

To do the man shot,,,

1 lemon
1 small line of salt
1 shot of tequila

1st you drink the Shot
2nd snort the salt
3rd squeeze the lemon in each others eyes...

after the first day we got the man shoot for free,, The bartenders got a kick out of it. The girls with the tough guy boyfriends would try to get them to do it. hehe.. Oooo man was it stupid.... But good a memories!! A must do with a close friend.

Than their was the chilly willies,,, They were just stupid and dangerous...
I wont repeat that one...

We need a government of action to fight for working families!
Caleb Maupin

Offline Terran

« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2012, 04:17:03 PM »
First things first. PFFF - The Russian Language!  May as well be Martian.  Translation apps will help.  I do not want to dive deep into this language.  If I don't have 5 - 10 years (hard years most likely), it seems futile.  I[/size]f anybody has good suggestions on where I can 50 - 100 common phrases, I'll make the flash cards

I have been learning Russian for the last 8 months for my trip to Ukraine in June. Here are some sites that may help you.

http://www.russian-plus.com/
http://everydayrussian.net/russian-word-formation-sit/#more-1002
http://www.ilike2learn.com/ilike2learn/russian/index.html
http://learningrussian.net/conversations-dialogues/
http://www.ielanguages.com/russian1.html
http://learningrussian.net/russian-lessons/meetings-and-greetings.php
http://russianforeveryone.com/

I also used a site called Livemocha. I started my learning there. I bought a few books (Russian in 10 minutes a day) and a few others and started learning. If you have the time make a free account at livemocha and ask some people for help. Many of them are very helpful and will even do skype chats to help you learn. You can even create flash cards from lessons and many of the people there can give you tips and other resources to aid you in your studies. (its better than paying tutor's $20/hour) I have spent almost $600 in tutoring in the last 4 months because im pushing myself to learn quickly. You wont learn Russian over night but as long as you are dedicated you should do just fine.

Also if you have IPOD, download some learning apps... There are many of them out there that have 100 to 1000 phrases for travelling.

Good luck!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 04:19:14 AM by Terran »

Offline Daveman

« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2012, 07:20:05 PM »
I have spent almost $600 in tutoring in the last 400 months because im pushing myself to learn quickly.

A snail with an eye for a bargain! A buck-fifty per month!

Excellent post... but this was just too good of a goof!

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2012, 10:16:34 PM »

If you like scamming/devious women . . . then Odesa cannot be beaten.

Ouch! I don't think that's a fair assessment. I know several people from Odessa, both men and women - decent, fun, wonderful people with great family values. Now if you are looking among 20 something yo agency girls than you will find scamming/devious women, bit you will find those just as easily in any other city you have mentioned. Look among the general population, outside of the agency circuit and you may find some really nice women.
Tim, if I were you I'd give Russia a serious thought as well.
realrussianmatch.com

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1898
Total: 1909

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM