It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Odesa Trip - Part 12  (Read 8588 times)

Offline Albert

Odesa Trip - Part 12
« on: June 04, 2005, 12:24:22 AM »
Some miscellaneous items and thoughts.

First, still amazing that after I have posted my background and intents so often, that some still talk to the contrary.  Some lament that despite my many experiences, I still have not found a wife.  How many times do I have to say that I am not 'looking for a wife' in the same respect as looking for a television or a car or whatever, in the sense that one must me obtained within X time period?  I am not adverse to marriage.  If and when I want to marry someone, I will ask her and go from there, just as normal guys are doing in USA and elsewhere every day of the year.

I am never insincere with these ladies or lead them on falsely.  I do not use marriage agencies whether in person or on line.  I use only dating sites such as matchdoctor where the ladies check many blocks as to their goals and these always include:  short term relationships, long time relationships, romantic encounters, etc.  I never, ever mention the word marriage to them or even the word love.

Futher, I travel first for business, so I am not "going half way around the world and spending thousands of dollars to get sex that could be obtained more cheaply at home."  I get the cheap sex at home as well.  I AM HERE IN FSU.  I LIKE WOMEN.  I WILL DATE WOMEN HERE AS WELL AS OTHER PARTS OF THE WORLD THAT I HAPPEN TO BE IN.

Second, the exchange rate here was around 4.90 hrievna in early May before I arrived.  In mid May it had changed to 5.00 and now is mostly 5.10 with a couple of places offering 5.12 to 5.13.

Third, regarding costs, here is one example.  A Mac Chicken with small french fries and small drink costs around $5 - 5.25 in my area of USA.  At JFK this identical meal cost me $7.25.  Here in Odesa the identical meal is just shy of $3.00.

Best western food in Odesa can be had at a place called Steakhouse which is across from McDonalds and just a bit to the west.  Try the DeRibas or Richeliu.  Both are very good steaks and they know how to cook medium rare american style unlike most other places.  The baked potatoes and grilled vegies are great with the steak.  And the price will only be around $30 for you and a gal including bottled water, but not including alcohol.

The Odesa Opera house is still not completed with rennovations.  But the ballets take place at the Musical comedy theatre near train station which is a very nice modern place.  First newer type building I have encountered for such entertainment in all of FSU.  Nice big clean bathrooms with no smoking allowed.  Many of other theatres from ST Pete to Yalta allow smoking in bathrooms which look like worst LA smog at intermission.

It costs 1.25 grievna to ride mini bus here compared to only .75 in Kyiv which really peeees off the Kyiv gals who have travelled down to see me.  Everything biggest and best in Kyiv, you know!!!  A taxi ride can be obtained to most everywhere within main area for 10 grievna or less.  But 40 from airport to city center.

The sidewalks are pretty terrible here except for DeRibaskovsa and a couple of streets nearby.  Terrible traffic jams and killer drivers here same as everywhere in other FSU cities.  Think about if you want to actually get an apartment on DeRibas because there are street musicians who play all afternoon and evening until around midnight.  And they are not very good.  My apt is a couple of blocks from DeRibas which is great.  But I was at a Canadian man's apt on DeRibas for a meeting and the street music noise was terrible.  He said he has to play music on his CD player constantly to try to block out the street music.  There is one old guy here who plays on street by rubbing two serrated iron pipes or something like re-bar across one another.  Talk about grating on the nerves!!!

Some of these apt places boast of airconditioning, but they are actually just small wall or window units that couldn't really cool a small bathroom.  It was killer hot and humid here third week in May and I wouln't want to be here at all lin July through Sept.  Humiditiy reminded me of Houston.

I met a couple of guys who were bragging about going to one of the socials where there were 300 women and 20 guys.  But when I asked if they came up with someone, they said no one suited them.  Then they started getting calls from the gals to meet at 10-11 PM at such and such night club.  But next day they reported it was mostly for the gals to have guys to buy them drinks.

Meanwhile I am happy as a lark with the out of town gals that I made previous contact with on Internet previously as I reported earlier.  The two gals who come on train have been rotatiing in and out and will continue to do so for next two weeks or so.  I am spending most time with the one who I have know for a year or more, but I would actually rather be spending more time with the other one who I misssed meeting last year and sent me message to get things rolling again this year (the high IQ chess master).  But, I had mostly commited to the other gal early on for the times, and the IQ gal could not actually get away as much anyway.

But the IQ gal is causing me some concern as she is sending torrid e-mail and SMS and professing undying love, can't sleep or get any work done because of thinking about me, etc.  It is a little be unnervering for me and I have told her she should slow down, but she says I am her destiny.  Now before some of you start jumping to conclusions about gold diggers, etc., go back and read my report section on her.

Anyway, she has a large amount of annual leave and says she can be away from work most anytime I want this fall, so we are talking about a month or so together in Sept/Oct.

Offline Bruno

Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2005, 06:19:26 AM »
Albert... nothing to make with the content of your "Odessa Trip" of "Odessa Woman"...

But all the post are make like new topic... and in the main topic "experienced"...

Maybe you can ask to Dan for make a sub-topic in "Trip Report" called "Odessa Trip/Woman" and move all your post inside...

It is only a technical solution who can allow to keep all your post at the same place and who stop the "polluting" of the experienced main page with a lot of post...

About the content of your post, i am waiting the end of report for my comments... i am sorry about my comment over cheap sex... i am not able to judge you with the few information you have already write... but for taxi, i have pay 35 grievna for center to airport ( two people ) and back to the main bus station ( one people )...

Odessa is cheap until they don't know that you are a stranger... i allow always the lady to negociate price...

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2005, 06:57:03 AM »
Yes, this trip report should be moved to 'Trip Reports'.
There are probably many members who don't even know this
trip report is here, in 'Experienced'.

Offline Photo Guy

Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2005, 07:07:32 AM »
Albert,

You wrote:
But the IQ gal is causing me some concern as she is sending torrid e-mail and SMS and professing undying love, can't sleep or get any work done because of thinking about me, etc.  It is a little be unnervering for me and I have told her she should slow down, but she says I am her destiny.

It's easy to jump to conlcusions, isn't it?  ;)
Don't you hate it when they send you torrid emails?! But, seriously, it's that same old problem:
1- either she is genuinely crazy about you and possibly your actual soulmate    
OR:
2- she is desperate to marry a foreigner

And in most cases, it could be a combination of both. It's difficult to advise someone about what the reality actually is. We aren't there.
I can't blame people who want to leave bad conditions to find better conditions.  Look at the history of immigration. And then of course you have to look at the question of love. How real is the love? Can love be faked?  How good is your radar?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 07:09:00 AM by Photo Guy »

Offline Photo Guy

Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2005, 07:23:57 AM »
Albert,
You aren't sure if you want to get married.

I see that as a problem for you and your women. It is kind of like not knowing if you want to live in Russian or Italy.  When you pair up with someone, it helps to have common goals. That's important.
Relationship experts pretty much agree that the dating process naturally moves in the direction of the creation of a family. First there's infatuation, then exclusivity, and finally the commitment of marriage and she gives birth to quintuplets.  This is the natural process, and along the way, the couple reconsiders the relationship, with questions like, 'Do I really want a wife who needs to play chess four hours a day?'  There are usually periods of ambivalence, unless of course you two are a really really good combination.

Maybe you do want to be married. Maybe you just need to find that
'right' woman.  If you find that right woman, would you be willing to make the necessary sacrifices to make a marriage work? If you are locked into a lifestyle of meeting dozens of new women per year, then just realize marriage is not right for you. I'm not saying this is the case with you, but just take it as food for thought.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2005, 10:27:00 AM by Photo Guy »

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2005, 07:40:52 AM »
It's a hell of a long distance to travel for 150+ dates. And how do you remember all the names?

The primary reason I have decided to find a RW is because I only want to spend my time with one special woman and not 150 women.

You can meet women here for sexual encounters except not many hot looking AW will be easily attracted to middle aged AM. There are a few exceptions.

Albert, it serves no purpose to put all these trip reports in the advanced section. It looks like you are taking over the board. Maybe one post directing people to the trip reports section would be sufficient.

Offline tim 360

Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2005, 08:50:49 AM »
[user=130]Son of Clyde[/user] wrote:
It's a hell of a long distance to travel for 150+ dates. And how do you remember all the names?

The primary reason I have decided to find a RW is because I only want to spend my time with one special woman and not 150 women.

Clyde,

Albert's biz has him travel alot,  so he is there anyway--- not traveling exclusively for dates.  Albert likes to date,  nothing wrong with that.  Different strokes for....
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

Offline Turboguy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2005, 09:05:39 AM »
I am not meaning this negativly but I don't think it is a case of Albert not being sure if he wants to get married.  I think he enjoys playing the field and having a sex life with a lot of variety 

I think sometimes people have to sew their wild oats and perhaps someday down the road they are ready to setttle down.   I think son of Clyde is ready to settle down as is Photo Guy and the same for me.    I have sewn my wild oats.  Now I am happy to graze with one person. 

I think that is why a girl being in love is a turn off.  Humm, it is want a lot of us dream of and he dreads.  You know what they say though.  Different strokes for different folks.   We all have our own ideas about life and what we want and there is nothing wrong with that as long as he is honest with the gals he meets.   I am not so sure he is but who knows.

Offline chuckinwdc

Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2005, 04:43:00 AM »
[user=130]Son of Clyde[/user] wrote:
Albert, it serves no purpose to put all these trip reports in the advanced section. It looks like you are taking over the board. Maybe one post directing people to the trip reports section would be sufficient.

Son of Clyde makes a good point: Why are all these trip reports in the "Experienced" section, and not in the "Trip Reports" section???

Dan, the Moderator Man, should move all these posts over to their appropriate section, and Albert should post his future squirt reports over there instead.

Chuck in D.C.  :P

Offline chuckinwdc

Odesa Trip - Part 12
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2005, 03:51:01 AM »
Quote from: chuckinwdc
Dan, the Moderator Man, should move all these posts over to their appropriate section...

Oh, he's good. REAL good!  Thanks Dan the Man.

Chuck in D.C.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541481
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 3235