Forum > Questions to Russian Ladies / Спросите Русских Женщин

My Ukrainian girlfriend

(1/10) > >>

Prhodes:
Hello new here
I was dating a beautiful woman from the Ukraine for about 3 months I that has been in the USA for 6 years and has her citizenship.
I was very much fond of her but she would never show any real feelings for me and acted cold and distant. When she would come to my house she always brought a gift. Maybe that is how she was trying to show feeling I don't know. But it became hard to try and guess what her ambitions were and we broke up. And after a few weeks apart it seems Maybe a chance of getting back together.  Is this normal for women if her culture to be distant? I really want this to work. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2tallbill:
Welcome to the forum

It's not typical that she would be either cold and distant, usually it's the
opposite. I would advise asking her squarely and directly. She will probably
tell you what's going on.

Udachi!

Bill

Prhodes:
Thank you. Maybe it's other issues or just me.

BillyB:

--- Quote from: Prhodes on March 10, 2021, 11:11:42 AM --- Is this normal for women if her culture to be distant?

--- End quote ---

Compared to American women, FSU women are more cold and distant. Apparently she dated you, was your girlfriend for months and brought you gifts. Some women don't say "I love you". They prefer actions more than words. Are you wanting more words of affection from her? Are you wanting more hugs, kisses and cuddling? Some people aren't affectionate that way. When I was dating FSU women, some accused me of being cold and lacking emotions. I took that as if they wanted more attention from me.

ML:
Not normal for Ukrainian woman to be cold and distant . . . after she is used to coming into your house.

But, there are variations in all persons, even from the same cultural group.

It seems you have encountered a gal who is 2-3 standard deviations away from the mean.

Serious discussions needed, maybe with a 3rd party intermediary.

Is is possible she was the victim of some sort of physical abuse earlier in her life ?

If yes, that would explain a lot.

In any event, a gal such as this would have to be really special in many other ways to warrant continuation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version