It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Replacing RBG  (Read 30915 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Replacing RBG
« Reply #100 on: September 21, 2020, 02:58:43 PM »
My guess is this time around the number will be more than 3 million more votes for biden than trump.  Trump reelected by more of a minority, then appoints a supreme court judge that isn't supported by the people.  When/if this happens, it should be no surprise that people continue to protest within the 'most exceptional' country.  The rest of the world will also protest by not cooperating very much with what we try to demand. 

Fathertime!

Heck, I wish it triples at least....Maybe even more than that and still be re-elected. That'll prove he's really exceptional like me. This way he can finish all the walls in the south, and kick all the illegal morons out in our country finally.
 >:D
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 03:10:49 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Replacing RBG
« Reply #101 on: September 21, 2020, 05:13:22 PM »
senators  stated under obozo they would not support replacing a supreme court judge last second before an election, and are now trying to do the very opposite under trump.  Straight hypocrisy, and partisanship....It is always interesting to read though how they concoct a new version of reasoning to justify their about face.   

If I told a guy on the forum if he loses his job, everybody should chip in $100 to help him out and a year later he loses his job. Who here is obligated to honor my words? Nobody.

Why did Lindsey Graham say that if in the last year of Presidency, a President shouldn't nominate a Supreme Court justice? Of course Obama was in his last year and everybody thought Hillary was going to win.

The Democrats could've told Lindsey and the Republican party they're willing to revise the rules according to Lindsey's proposal. Why didn't they do that? Because they thought Hillary was going to win the presidency and she will have the opportunity to nominate more Supreme Justices. Why eliminate her right to nominate a SC justice in her last year of the presidency? The Democrats probably would've taken Lindsey up on his proposal if they knew Trump was going to win. They are as much to blame as anybody.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 07:35:39 PM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Replacing RBG
« Reply #102 on: September 21, 2020, 05:48:15 PM »

Just days before her death, as her strength waned, Ginsburg dictated this statement to her granddaughter Clara Spera: "My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed."
Even if that was true...and who knows? [It was not a public statement] Some wish will not change the language of the Constitution.
Fathertime is right...it is all hypocrisy. But everybody knows that hypocrisy is rampant on both sides.
If the Democrats get in there everywhere...congress-the senate -and the White House they might elect to add two more SC justice positions and regain control there too.
There is no law that prevents this. They should have initiated an amendment [limit to 9 justices] years ago...but congress is as lazy as they are spineless.
If the Democrats actually did this ...the integrity of the courts could become compromised and their decisions would wind up completely ignored.
Pelosi is hatching such a scheme...mark my words.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
Replacing RBG
« Reply #103 on: September 21, 2020, 06:42:11 PM »
Pelosi is pure evil. What a horrible person and an obstructionist of the peoples will.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline GQBlues

Replacing RBG
« Reply #104 on: September 21, 2020, 06:47:30 PM »
Pelosi is pure evil. What a horrible person and an obstructionist of the peoples will.

She wants to impeach Trump for doing what he’s obligated to do Constitutionally. She’s a numbnut like the rest of them.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 09:24:22 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline tfcrew

Replacing RBG
« Reply #105 on: September 21, 2020, 08:51:12 PM »
Another possible stunt would be to grant Puerto Rico and the Virgin Is. statehood. 4 more Democrat senators + extra representatives to muck up the swamp. Also...dump the Electoral College [that's been discussed before]
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #106 on: September 21, 2020, 09:09:59 PM »
Another possible stunt would be to grant Puerto Rico and the Virgin Is. statehood. 4 more Democrat senators + extra representatives to muck up the swamp. Also...dump the Electoral College [that's been discussed before]
While they probably should be states if they want to be, I doubt that it is possible without bipartisan support.  The conservatives would rather have some level of control without full representation for them.  We probably borrow money to give to them to keep them bought off and not demanding independence or the right to vote.  It seems to be working. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #107 on: September 22, 2020, 06:21:52 AM »
Fathertime is right...it is all hypocrisy. But everybody knows that hypocrisy is rampant on both sides.

It is so rare to see those 3 words at the beginning of this quote.   :D

The hypocrisy runs both ways, there are a majority of conservatives here that attempt to deny the hypocrisy and concoct any excuse they can think of.   I am really curious to see how the american people digest the rushing of the replacement for ginsburg by a conservative justice trump selects....and how the hypocritical conservative senators go along with it, after opposing the process under obozo when it was his final year.   
 If trump were to win in november, the democrats wouldn't be able to hold him up but trump may not feel confident that he will win so he has to rush the replacement.   a 6-3 court isn't (In my opinion) a good representation of what the american people desire, but it can be dealt with like everything else. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline tfcrew

Replacing RBG
« Reply #108 on: September 22, 2020, 06:33:31 AM »
While they probably should be states if they want to be ...
"If they want to be?" How about Samoa...Guam..and the Marianas then? More politicians jeting around and polluting the air. Super. 

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
Replacing RBG
« Reply #109 on: September 22, 2020, 06:51:22 AM »
It is so rare to see those 3 words at the beginning of this quote.   :D

The hypocrisy runs both ways, there are a majority of conservatives here that attempt to deny the hypocrisy and concoct any excuse they can think of.   I am really curious to see how the american people digest the rushing of the replacement for ginsburg by a conservative justice trump selects....and how the hypocritical conservative senators go along with it, after opposing the process under obozo when it was his final year.   
 If trump were to win in november, the democrats wouldn't be able to hold him up but trump may not feel confident that he will win so he has to rush the replacement.   a 6-3 court isn't (In my opinion) a good representation of what the american people desire, but it can be dealt with like everything else. 

Fathertime!

I don't know why you call Trumps duty and obligation to the oath he took on the bible to follow and protect the constitution hypocrisy. Instead of denying history. You maybe should re-read it. That is if you had read it one time previous or, maybe you didn't?

Offline GQBlues

Replacing RBG
« Reply #110 on: September 22, 2020, 08:49:15 AM »
"If they want to be?" How about Samoa...Guam..and the Marianas then? More politicians jeting around and polluting the air. Super.

Isn't that silly?

Heck, even 5-O had been fighting for autonomy, if not downright secession and finally gain its independence from the contiguous.

Anywho, all the US needs is another blue welfare state, which I'm sure the Democrats is willing to subject the masses to in place of another 4 electoral seats.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 09:21:41 PM by AnonMod »

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
Replacing RBG
« Reply #111 on: September 22, 2020, 11:02:46 AM »

HR is the only body that is proportioned by population, as a leader of the majority whatever she does would represent the majority of 'peoples will' if backed by the majority of representatives.  If that is the case, she can't obstruct.

It is sad though that both parties are escalating by gaming the system.  Any shimmer of honour has been lost.

Not looking good.

Offline jone

Replacing RBG
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2020, 11:32:05 AM »
One remembers back to the days of Harry Truman.   Not as President - or as FDR's VP.   But instead as chair of the war oversite committee - a position that launched him into the Vice Presidency and beyond.

Harry never treated a witness to his committee with anything other than respect and consideration.  Likewise, he treated his colleagues from across the aisle with equal respect.   As a matter of interest, he'd sometimes cut the hearings short and call all committee members - both parties - to his office for a snort .... and to get their stories straight.   

Will it take a war, again, to obtain the common purpose of governing our country with equanimity?

Someone asked me a couple of years ago why I didn't support Trump.   I harkened back to the primary season in 2016.   Trump consistently insulted each of his opponents.   Remember him telling Carly Fiorina that she was too ugly to be president?   

We're now in an era whereby many are saying that the Democrats deserve the treatment that they are getting because they behaved so poorly in the Kavenaugh hearings.   Well, they had a good example to learn by with our insulter-in-chief.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2020, 11:40:48 AM »
Escalation is never limited to one side 2Tall.  You talk about the history and that proves my point, there will always be a 'well you did that first' that can go back to before the constitution.  A line can't be drawn defining who started what, when, where, and how.

Either our endless political gaming and one-upmanship ends, or our nation ends.

Yes, it is that serious.

Then the Dem's need to understand that they went too far and stop it.
The GOP has never tried to destroy a liberal left wing judicial candidate
but the Dem's have done it repeatedly.

Look at the nominations of Sotomayor, Kagan and Ginsberg.
Compare them to Kavanaugh, Thomas and Bork. Find anything
remotely similar to what Kavanaugh went through. 

The Dem's are the problem. You blaming it on the GOP is laughable.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 11:57:59 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline Confederate

Replacing RBG
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2020, 11:49:58 AM »
Then the Dem's need to understand that they went to far and stop it.
The GOP has never tried to destroy a liberal left wing judicial candidate
but the Dem's have done it repeatedly.

Look at the nominations of Sotomayor, Kagan and Ginsberg.
Compare them to Kavanaugh, Thomas and Bork. Find anything
remotely similar to what Kavanaugh went through. 

The Dem's are the problem. You blaming it on the GOP is laughable.

Word.
George Orwell 1984

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #115 on: September 22, 2020, 11:57:21 AM »
One remembers back to the days of Harry Truman.   Not as President - or as FDR's VP.   But instead as chair of the war oversite committee - a position that launched him into the Vice Presidency and beyond.

Harry never treated a witness to his committee with anything other than respect and consideration.  Likewise, he treated his colleagues from across the aisle with equal respect.   As a matter of interest, he'd sometimes cut the hearings short and call all committee members - both parties - to his office for a snort .... and to get their stories straight.   

Will it take a war, again, to obtain the common purpose of governing our country with equanimity?

Someone asked me a couple of years ago why I didn't support Trump.   I harkened back to the primary season in 2016.   Trump consistently insulted each of his opponents.   Remember him telling Carly Fiorina that she was too ugly to be president?   

We're now in an era whereby many are saying that the Democrats deserve the treatment that they are getting because they behaved so poorly in the Kavenaugh hearings.   Well, they had a good example to learn by with our insulter-in-chief.

Your story is a fictional fantasy which nobody still alive was part of. You've fondly
remembered stories of Tip O'Neal and the Gipper. Tip O'Neal hated Ronald Reagan
and he fought him on everything. Reagan would put together a plan and Tip would
publicly announce that it was dead on arrival before he even read it.

My Dad is 80 years old and he was 5 years old when Truman became president.
Who is this magic person who fondly remembers how Truman treated people
during committee hearings? 

Trump said about Carly "just look at her" He inferred that she was ugly. He
didn't directly say it. However, he has been plenty rude, plenty of times to
plenty of people. The Dem's have been rude for decades.

Biden said that Romney was going to put black people back in chains.
The GOP is going to make Grandma eat dog food.
The GOP wants you to breath dirty air and drink dirty water.
The Republicans want to kill your kids
Trumps war on children, women, _________ name of other group here.
The Republicans are racists, homophobes, sexist, blah, blah, blah
blah ti blah ti blah.

All of those things are worse than Trump inferring that somebody is
ugly, Marco Rubio is short, Joe Biden is sleepy, Jeb has no energy etc.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 01:50:46 PM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline GQBlues

Replacing RBG
« Reply #116 on: September 22, 2020, 12:01:54 PM »
...We're now in an era whereby many are saying that the Democrats deserve the treatment that they are getting because they behaved so poorly in the Kavenaugh hearings.   Well, they had a good example to learn by with our insulter-in-chief.

I get that you don't like Trump. Cool.

But excusing the Democrat's heinous treatment of an outstanding person of merit and standard, and the vile attempt to destroy his life, character and career because of Trump is simply BS.

Offline msmob

Replacing RBG
« Reply #117 on: September 22, 2020, 12:05:28 PM »

But excusing the Democrat's heinous treatment of an outstanding person of merit and standard, and the vile attempt to destroy his life, character and career because of Trump is simply BS.

His 'qualities' were never properly investigated ..  The Senate saw to that ..

*I* have a feeling if they had ... you might not be so vocal

Online Faux Pas

Replacing RBG
« Reply #118 on: September 22, 2020, 12:20:09 PM »
His 'qualities' were never properly investigated ..  The Senate saw to that ..

*I* have a feeling if they had ... you might not be so vocal

Kavanaugh is so squeaky clean the democrats had to make up accusations of events that never happened by a woman who couldn't remember anything about the events she was sure that happened from her high school days. She had no collaborating witness to the event or even told anyone. She could not prove one mi'nute detail. You have been wrong about everything, everything all the time. Why pray tell do you think this would be the first time you were actually correct?

Offline Confederate

Replacing RBG
« Reply #119 on: September 22, 2020, 12:27:59 PM »
Because the Electoral College system is a method to ensure representational democracy and he doesn't favor that.

He favors rule by the mob. So even though he's over there in the UK, it hurt his feelings.

Correct doesn't matter, feels matters.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:29:53 PM by Confederate »
George Orwell 1984

Online Faux Pas

Replacing RBG
« Reply #120 on: September 22, 2020, 01:09:27 PM »

Why bother? Anyone fed solely by fake news can't possibly have any idea of actual events in places they're not in.

add: So I guess Romney just committed to backing the nomination. Why am I feeling more than a bit skeptical?

Maybe he's happy with 5 more minutes of fame. I doubt he'll be a YAY

Offline Confederate

Replacing RBG
« Reply #121 on: September 22, 2020, 01:22:39 PM »
Maybe he's happy with 5 more minutes of fame. I doubt he'll be a YAY

I was thinking the same thing.

Or maybe he will be a loyal Republican.

I won't hold my breath.
George Orwell 1984

Offline jone

Replacing RBG
« Reply #122 on: September 22, 2020, 01:50:51 PM »
I get that you don't like Trump. Cool.

I don't excuse the Democrats.  But neither do I excuse Trump.  Sauce for the goose....
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

Replacing RBG
« Reply #123 on: September 22, 2020, 02:05:55 PM »
I don't excuse the Democrats.  But neither do I excuse Trump.  Sauce for the goose....

Not really. How exactly did Kavanaugh deserved any of it again?

Offline jone

Replacing RBG
« Reply #124 on: September 22, 2020, 02:13:17 PM »

Your story is a fictional fantasy which nobody still alive was part of. You've fondly
remembered stories of Tip O'Neal and the Gipper. Tip O'Neal hated Ronald Reagan
and he fought him on everything. Reagan would put together a plan and Tip would
publicly announce that it was dead on arrival before he even read it.

My Dad is 80 years old and he was 5 years old when Truman became president.
Who is this magic person who fondly remembers how Truman treated people
during committee hearings? 

Trump said about Carly "just look at her" He inferred that she was ugly. He
didn't directly say it. However, he has been plenty rude, plenty of times to
plenty of people. The Dem's have been rude for decades.

Biden said that Romney was going to put black people back in chains.
The GOP is going to make Grandma eat dog food.
The GOP wants you to breath dirty air and drink dirty water.
The Republicans want to kill your kids
Trumps war on children, women, _________ name of other group here.
The Republicans are racists, homophobes, sexist, blah, blah, blah
blah ti blah ti blah.

All of those things are worse than Trump inferring that somebody is
ugly, Marco Rubio is short, Joe Biden is sleepy, Jeb has no energy etc.

Geeze, Bill,

I find your evaluation of Truman to be specious.   I've read more than a couple of books on Truman and my observations about his personality were his claim to fame.   I submit to you David McCullough's 'Truman' if you still think I'm wrong.   That is actually the book I was paraphrasing from.   

http://www.google.com/books/edition/Truman/8fp1A2s6aQwC?hl=en&gbpv=1&printsec=frontcover

As for Tip and Ronnie, I don't disagree with you ... but then, I have never mentioned them before on this forum.  You might want to point me to where I have.   The absolute abandonment of the rules of etiquette did not happen then to the point that all lack of etiquette is what we now experience.   

You have a problem seeing how Democrats think.   And you infer that they came upon this egregious treatment of Kavanaugh without provocation.   Yet, you dismiss the Republican refusal to hear Merrick Garland's nomination as normal in the course of doing business.

This attitude that the Democrats are entirely wrong and the Republicans are entirely right simply stirs the pot.  We are a collegial group, here.   Aside from a couple of posters, we present both sides of a topic fairly well.   Let's think about that for awhile.

Let's face it.   Trump is no Reagan.  Reagan had a side to him that allowed him to win his point while at the same time commiserating with his opponent.  Trump lacks any such abilities.  He is, plain and simply, a bully.  And allowing him (even encouraging him) to continuously stomp on people and not expect retribution is not realistic.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1953
Total: 1962

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM