It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Is she real? what do you think?  (Read 14270 times)

Offline cancer66

Is she real? what do you think?
« on: March 18, 2012, 12:23:02 AM »
   Hello everybody! I meat a girl on a latino dating site like three months ago, she is 30 years old and I'm 45. to be honest I'm a little bit scare, because  I'm not so sure if she is real or not! I contact her  first, she answer and we started from there. Then we exchange personal Em, we write each other at less once a week, because she says that she doesn't have computer at home and also doesn't speak English and she goes to the cafe where they translate the letters for her. I ask her to write me more often but she says that cost a lot to her for the service. She send me photos with every letter, but I ask her a couple times for one with her family (2 brothers, mom and Granny) but she says doesn't have one and doesn't have camera to take it. She admit that she was talking with two more guys at the beginning, but now is just me, She is a nurse and  She also invite me to Ukraine, but before I do such a thing, I want to be so sure about it. Do you have any idea how much cost a trip like this? Thank you guys, I hope you can help me.

Offline Mila

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Is she real? what do you think?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 01:26:16 AM »
Hi there,
It sounds very weird that she has no computer at home, she has no camera but she sends you the photos with every letter, it is hard to believe. It is also strange that she goes to the Internet cafe and somebody translates the letters for her, who can it be? I think she may know English, she definitely has a computer and camera, everybody does, maybe except the old people, who don't need it.
My advice, don't visit her unless you talk to her on skype, and see her. As you can go there and she turns out to be a scam, then it will be waste of your time and money, so before you go, make sure that you both have mutual interest.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 06:18:34 AM »
As Mila says, everyone has access to a computer, phone and Skype these days. At the very least she has a camera on her cell phone and I guarantee she has a cell phone.

Writing once a week after three months? Get it to at least 5 times a week. Relationships don't just happen, you have to nurture them into being. Also remember that what you describe is neither romance nor a relationship of love, it's contact and that is all. Even if she is dependent on an Internet cafe she is not putting much effort into this relationship from her side.

Going without independent voice and face-to-face (via camera) contact in this day and age is foolish on your part.

45 and 30? Okay, great idea!

Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Eduard

• Commercial Member Restricted
  • Family is where it's at!
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 07:24:55 PM »
As Mila says, everyone has access to a computer, phone and Skype these days. At the very least she has a camera on her cell phone and I guarantee she has a cell phone.

Writing once a week after three months? Get it to at least 5 times a week. Relationships don't just happen, you have to nurture them into being. Also remember that what you describe is neither romance nor a relationship of love, it's contact and that is all. Even if she is dependent on an Internet cafe she is not putting much effort into this relationship from her side.

Going without independent voice and face-to-face (via camera) contact in this day and age is foolish on your part.

45 and 30? Okay, great idea!
I don't feel that the 15 year age gap is an issue here, but everything else sure is!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline ML

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 07:39:41 PM »
A Ukrainian gal  on a Latino dating site.  WOW

OK, sure I know it happens, but still a little bit off the beaten path.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 08:13:13 PM »
A Ukrainian gal  on a Latino dating site.  WOW

OK, sure I know it happens, but still a little bit off the beaten path.
with so many Americans broke nowdays, they have to explore new markets! Plus they love Salsa!
realrussianmatch.com

Offline JohnDearGreen

• It's 5 o'clock somewhere...
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 08:44:01 PM »
She also invite me to Ukraine, but before I do such a thing, I want to be so sure about it. Do you have any idea how much cost a trip like this? Thank you guys, I hope you can help me.
Was it this site? 
http://www.latinamericancupid.com/
100 different web sites with one same database.

Anyway, what city is she from?   Maybe have her join a different agency (if possible) which has a fixed monthly rate for you to join (around $20 to $50).  That could eliminate her side of the problem.  Maybe the new agency would have a video Skype option for her to use also.   If she refuses to even investigate other options, then I would drop her.

In answer to your other question, it costs about $2500 to $5000 for a 1-2 week trip to Ukraine.  Too much to risk on one vague sight-unseen penpal.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 09:12:46 PM by JohnDearGreen »

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2012, 03:41:09 PM »
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline cancer66

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 07:42:14 AM »
  Thank you guys for your replays! And you are right, I forgot to tell you a few more things about my Ukrainian dating. She lives in the city of Nikolaev, she is a nurse and the service she is using for translation is call "Romashka cafe.com". I still have so many questions about it like , can somebody create an account and personal Email in this place?. She tells me , she write her letters in paper and then take to the cafe to be translate end send it to me, but is so extrange, because the first Em didn't has any sign of translation. Could be this lady part of the team of this cafe?, because they offer so many services such a: translations, gifts, English lessons, life chatting, etc. However, she hasn't asked me for any money or help for this services, and gave me her address and she finally sent me a picture of her,mom and grandma. Well thank you guys and I hope you can help me to clear up my doubts, because as many of you out there I would like to get a nice experience and find my soulmate one day!

Offline Shadow

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 09:33:46 AM »
Did she give you her phone number ? There is no 30-year old woman without a mobile in Nokolaev.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline cancer66

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 10:41:34 AM »
First, thank you Shadow for your replay! Well, I also ask her to use the skype service, but she said , she is not ready yet, because she doesn't speak English and she prefers to keep using the Emails for now. She also said is going to start taking English lessons soon.

Offline ECOCKS

• To those who deserve it, good luck.
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 11:39:06 AM »
People believe what they want to believe.

Enjoy the fantasy!
Pick and choose carefully among the advice offered and consider the source carefully. PM, Skype or email if you care to chat or discuss

Offline Shadow

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 11:58:37 AM »
First, thank you Shadow for your replay! Well, I also ask her to use the skype service, but she said , she is not ready yet, because she doesn't speak English and she prefers to keep using the Emails for now. She also said is going to start taking English lessons soon.
With all due respect, but you should not invest anything in this contact. And I am not talking about money, also about emotions.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline OlgaH

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »
   Hello everybody! I meat a girl on a latino dating site like three months ago, she is 30 years old and I'm 45. to be honest I'm a little bit scare, because  I'm not so sure if she is real or not!

There is nothing to be afraid of... think, if she is real she is still on the other side of the screen.

She send me photos with every letter, but I ask her a couple times for one with her family (2 brothers, mom and Granny) but she says doesn't have one and doesn't have camera to take it.

Maybe she feels your fear and doesn't want to add some more?

She is a nurse and  She also invite me to Ukraine, but before I do such a thing, I want to be so sure about it. Do you have any idea how much cost a trip like this? Thank you guys, I hope you can help me.

Just to be on the safe side ask her what department she works at (a pathology-anatomical, a psychiatry - electroshock therapy)  as a nurse and ask about her hobbies too.

Your trip can be priceless. BTW how much is your life worth today?

OK, I'm kidding. Welcome to the forum  ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 12:36:10 PM by OlgaH »

Offline Mark Davis

• Commercial Member
  • Mark & Anna Davis
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2012, 02:11:57 PM »
Wow, shocker; I have to agree with everything that was said here!
  • You shouldn't be going to see someone you haven't even Skyped with
  • Most of the elementary school kids have cell phone, not to mention 30-year olds
  • How was she on a Latin site when she lives in Nikolaev?
  • Age is not the issue here
  • etc.
But I love what ECOCK said, "you need an independent voice for face to face contact".  You have no independent confirmation of anything.  JohnDearGreen also suggested having her connect with a different agency for independent confirmation.

Our little company has only one office overseas right now, but it does happen to be in Nikolaev.  If you'd like, we can help you by meeting her in person and facilitating Skype chat for you - and we'll do it for free since you're part of the forum here.  (yes, I said free.  I'm not here to solicit).  Let me know and I'll have you call my wife who runs things over there.
Best wishes for your success,
Mark & Anna Davis
Co-Founders
http://www.DreamConnections.com
Free 10-Day Video Course Available Online

Offline Doll

« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
   Hello everybody! I meat a girl on a latino dating site like three months ago, she is 30 years old and I'm 45. to be honest I'm a little bit scare, because  I'm not so sure if she is real or not! I contact her  first, she answer and we started from there. Then we exchange personal Em, we write each other at less once a week, because she says that she doesn't have computer at home and also doesn't speak English and she goes to the cafe where they translate the letters for her. I ask her to write me more often but she says that cost a lot to her for the service. She send me photos with every letter, but I ask her a couple times for one with her family (2 brothers, mom and Granny) but she says doesn't have one and doesn't have camera to take it. She admit that she was talking with two more guys at the beginning, but now is just me, She is a nurse and  She also invite me to Ukraine, but before I do such a thing, I want to be so sure about it. Do you have any idea how much cost a trip like this? Thank you guys, I hope you can help me.
I personally think it is very possible (that she doesn' have a computer, has to use the translator and it is a problem for her to take pics and send them).

Offline Doll

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2012, 03:11:00 PM »

• Most of the elementary school kids have cell phone, not to mention 30-year olds
  • etc.
But I love what ECOCK said, "you need an independent voice for face to face contact".  You have no independent confirmation of anything.  JohnDearGreen also suggested having her connect with a different agency for independent confirmation.

Our little company has only one office overseas right now, but it does happen to be in Nikolaev.  If you'd like, we can help you by meeting her in person and facilitating Skype chat for you - and we'll do it for free since you're part of the forum here.  (yes, I said free.  I'm not here to solicit).  Let me know and I'll have you call my wife who runs things over there.
Thousands meet each other without "skyping"
She didn't say she didn't have a phone- she aparently doesn't want to speak because of her English.
You can have your profile on any site.

Offline Eduard

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2012, 03:52:33 PM »
  • etc.

cancer66, if I were you I'd take Mark up on his kind offer. He seems to be a sincere, kind family man so I'm sure he will do his best to help you out.
realrussianmatch.com

Offline cancer66

« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54:23 AM »
  • etc.

cancer66, if I were you I'd take Mark up on his kind offer. He seems to be a sincere, kind family man so I'm sure he will do his best to help you out.
Thousands meet each other without "skyping"
She didn't say she didn't have a phone- she aparently doesn't want to speak because of her English.
You can have your profile on any site.
  Thanks Mark! I'm definitely considering your offer. I'm just waiting for her next letter and I'm going to prupose her to find another agency and if she refuses it, well you no what happen...!

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 10:06:24 AM »
  Thanks Mark! I'm definitely considering your offer. I'm just waiting for her next letter and I'm going to prupose her to find another agency and if she refuses it, well you no what happen...!

Whoa Cowboy! :D

You've only swapped a few emails, you are to her pretty much the same thing she is to you (if all is legit), just a penpal at this point. You would likely piss off a sincere woman with such a proposal and then "well you no what happen".

Seems to be a lot of rules of thumb around here lately but nonetheless, here's another; if she isn't looking to progress the communication with you regardless of a many emails something is amiss. Move on.

If you are getting all the dreamy emails already and yet she is avoiding further contact, something is amiss. The majority of sincere women will generally escalate the communication to phone/skype. Keep your emotional investment in check until you meet her, in person.

Offline Gator

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2012, 08:34:27 AM »
I personally think it is very possible (that she doesn' have a computer, has to use the translator and it is a problem for her to take pics and send them).

Doll, I hope you don't fall down in shock but I agree with you.

I encountered a couple of women who seemed conversant in emails and I discovered later that they spoke little English.   Both had someone translate their emails.   

Cancer66, unless you have a couple of years to dedicate to dating and getting to know this woman while her English improves, I suggest that you look elsewhere.  You found her on a Latino site.    Go to a RW site and you will find many, many interesting women who speak at least "fair English."   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1950
Total: 1959

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM