It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Questions about salary and how much is good to search?  (Read 12450 times)

Yos3

Questions about salary and how much is good to search?
« on: July 12, 2020, 04:48:06 AM »
Hello

With looking for a FSU women, and finding one that is not looking for a rich daddy,  how much yearly salary is a good amount to make?  Would anything in the 40-60 grand a year be good for mid sized lower living cost city?

Offline Maxx2

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Questions about salary and how much is good to search?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2020, 05:41:15 AM »
You are going to need a bunch money to find the right woman, travel et cetera. Then when you find her it will immigration fees and bringing her over here. Then you will need to buy her a new wardrobe, get health insurance and probably a car and insurance.

Good luck!

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2020, 07:54:17 AM »
looking for an FSU wife?
why would you contemplate doing something you seem to know so little about?
would you go scuba diving or sky diving without knowing WTF you're doing?
cuz if you do you gonna die sucker
guess what?
same thing with wimmin
so you better learn WTF you're doing first
before embarking on a plan to hook up with some Russian Deavochka
Que Sabe?

oh, and 60k, I assume USD is minimal for you and a middle-aged woman, to buy groceries with but NOT enuff to have kids on....
and I know EXACTLY how much raising kids costs!!
have it all on an Excel Spreadsheet
and you think they're grateful - HA!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 08:01:10 AM »
Hello

With looking for a FSU women, and finding one that is not looking for a rich daddy,  how much yearly salary is a good amount to make?  Would anything in the 40-60 grand a year be good for mid sized lower living cost city?

To sponsor a woman to America, our government requires you to make 25% more than the poverty level and that number is currently under $30,000. Most of a wife's happiness depends on you, not your wallet.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Questions about salary how much is not enough?
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 11:33:37 AM »
Hello

That's not enough information to go on. There are too many
unknown factors to consider.
Do you own your house?
Do you have kids?
Does she have kids?
Will you have kids?
Is your income going to increase?

If you are 25 years old and make $60K and will likely make more as
your career progresses you probably could. If you are 40 years old
making $40K and that's the most you will ever make then it's not.

You also have to look at your health insurance. Most companies pay
most of the insurance for a single guy, but add a family and many
companies don't pay for it. You could be coughing up $1500 or
more a month.

It's unlikely that your wife will make any money for a long period of
time. Don't consider any of her earnings into your calculations. FSUW
often consider the money they make as their own money to spend
however they wish. They usually don't believe that they will give it
to you to pay for bills.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:43:45 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Questions about salary how much is not enough?
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2020, 11:41:36 AM »
When you ask questions you will get advice. Some of it
will be very good and other advice will be more dubious.
Your job is to sift through the advice and take the good
stuff and ignore the rest.

I would advise being very skeptical of anyone giving advice
on this subject who has never been married and skeptical of
anyone who hasn't married someone from the FSU.

Lastly, don't take any offense or get defensive regarding
anything you see posted here. You are relatively anonymous
and 100% of the advice is free. Only you know your goals,
situation and you are the one that will have to make this
work (or fail) so nobody is as committed to your success
as you are.   

Udachi!

Bill

FSUW don't do vague

Yos3

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2020, 11:46:16 AM »
looking for an FSU wife?
why would you contemplate doing something you seem to know so little about?
would you go scuba diving or sky diving without knowing WTF you're doing?
cuz if you do you gonna die sucker
guess what?
same thing with wimmin
so you better learn WTF you're doing first
before embarking on a plan to hook up with some Russian Deavochka
Que Sabe?

oh, and 60k, I assume USD is minimal for you and a middle-aged woman, to buy groceries with but NOT enuff to have kids on....
and I know EXACTLY how much raising kids costs!!
have it all on an Excel Spreadsheet
and you think they're grateful - HA!
Why are you being a bag head , I am on here to ask questions and learn.  Not sure if you are trying to help or be a pain. 

Yos3

Re: Questions about salary how much is not enough?
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2020, 11:52:44 AM »
When you ask questions you will get advice. Some of it
will be very good and other advice will be more dubious.
Your job is to sift through the advice and take the good
stuff and ignore the rest.

I would advise being very skeptical of anyone giving advice
on this subject who has never been married and skeptical of
anyone who hasn't married someone from the FSU.

Lastly, don't take any offense or get defensive regarding

anything you see posted here. You are relatively anonymous
and 100% of the advice is free. Only you know your goals,
situation and you are the one that will have to make this
work (or fail) so nobody is as committed to your success
as you are.   

Udachi!

Bill
Thanks for the info.   Having a house would be best to have first.   I know it depends on what city that you live in.  Some cities 50 grand a year for example is going be very different as far as expensive's.  I do not live in Cali or NY.  From what i understand so far, besides having to pay the costs of moving the lady to the states, you basically have to make sure you can support a family the same as if you were married to a American women.  I doubt that a person needs to make 80,000 plus a year just to marry someone from overseas and have a good life, unless you live in Cali or NY.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:54:39 AM by Yos3 »

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2020, 01:42:07 PM »
Thanks for the info.   Having a house would be best to have first.   I know it depends on what city that you live in.  Some cities 50 grand a year for example is going be very different as far as expensive's.  I do not live in Cali or NY.  From what i understand so far, besides having to pay the costs of moving the lady to the states, you basically have to make sure you can support a family the same as if you were married to a American women.  I doubt that a person needs to make 80,000 plus a year just to marry someone from overseas and have a good life, unless you live in Cali or NY.

$80K per year isn't much if you have a $3K per month house payment
pay $1,500 for health insurance and if you put $1000 per month in your
401K.

Maybe you have a $2K per month house payment, $900 per month for
health insurance and $1K per month in your 401K.

Additional costs for FSU wife.
Trip to visit Mamma and family in Russia each year or at least every other
year. Visa, Greencard, and immigration costs. A FSU wife is going to want
a baby and those cost money (at least all mine have) and they will be going
to visit Mamma and family too.

Your FSU wife almost certainly contributed to her family coffers when
she lived at home with Mamma and family and you can expect to send
a little bit to them from time to time. Figure at least $600 per year.

An American wife can immediately get a job and probably already had
a car when you met her. This is impossible for a new Russian wife and
she won't make more than childcare costs if she has a baby and she will
have a baby sometime soon. Often times she needs Dental work.

There are many, many things that cost less and are more efficient than
having an American wife, but it's best for planning purposes to calculate
the additional costs and not assume the savings.

Udachi!

Bill
FSUW don't do vague

Online krimster2

« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2020, 01:55:15 PM »
"Why are you being a bag head , I am on here to ask questions and learn.  Not sure if you are trying to help or be a pain.  "

I never went to charm school, so I am very sorry for offending you with my "rough ways"
however, I have lived in Ukraine and Russia for several years
and married to a Russian woman for over 20 years and have two adult children with her!

hopefully the information and knowledge I have will compensate for the charm you think I apparently lack...
but you see, I would never advise an obvious "city slicker" like yourself to go have a wild adventure in the FSU jungle unless you know WTF you're dealin with
and YOU clearly DO NOT! not even a little teeny weeny bit.....

give it a year, and if you survive the pandemic and still have some kinda income left
then just look locally for a female room mate on Craigs list or something like that...

this is all ya really gotta do!!
there will be TONS of wimmin trying to hook up with some guy for financial support and protection, due to the "Corona Crash"
plus, you already know how to say, "bitch! make me a sandwich!"
instead of "Suka! Sdelay mne buterbrod!" like I had to learn in Russian!!!
why ya wanna learn a whole damned new language just to freakin get yourself a sandwich, gozpedy!

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 02:19:01 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Steamer

« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2020, 04:23:56 PM »
Hello

40-60 k could be adequate. Depends on where you live.
I promise you that the first thing she will do after arriving at your house is step onto the front porch and look up and down your street at the other houses to see if yours sizes up to the rest of your neighborhood. She doesn't have to be the queen of the town but she will want to compare favorably in her new situation. Average is Ok.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 04:27:55 PM by Steamer »
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline calmissile

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2020, 07:01:08 PM »
Yos3

While I find Krimster2's posts sarcastic and crude he does have some points that you need to consider.

The advice of 2tallbill appear to me to be realistic.  Nevertheless, you need to understand that every potential wife is different and it is likely that you are not going to find the undesirable characteristics until you are living together for quite some time.  I guess the same could be true of marrying someone local that you have not known for a long period of time.  The difference here is that you will have spent a lot of money and time before you ever get to the altar, and the dissolution process may be additionally expensive after you have sponsored her to your country.

I think Steamers comments are appropriate if you are able to find a reasonable, well adjusted, wife that does not have expectations that are beyond your means to provide.  I am not sure about the odds, but my experience is that you are not going to know until after you are married.   All of the promises, rhetoric and expectations between the two of you prior to  getting married (and arrival) has little weight or enforcement once a disagreement happens!

I know members that have married and divorced on this forum.  In some cases it was just an incompatibility issue.  The problem is that you will not know these issues until after you are married and settled down to family life.  If I had an adult son, my advice to him would be to not marry anyone until you have lived together for at least 2-3 years.  I know it does not conform to many religious norms, but the dissolution process is so biased against men you need to consider the consequences when things do not work out the way you hoped.

Having being married to a Ukrainian women for over 6 years there are a few things that I would consider surprises that I can share to help you avoid some pitfalls...

1.  There is an expression that is so true that it needs to be repeated...." You can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl ".  This silly expression may seem irrelevant but I find it very important to understand it as well as it's consequences.  If you think that a gal is going to move to a different country and language and be isolated from her family and friends you have another think coming.  Not likely to happen.  Daily phone calls to mother, adult son, and brother seem to be scheduled for around midnight (here) due to the time differences.  There are also trips back to Ukraine to either vacation or emergencies in the family.  Plan on it!

2.  The language barrier and the lack of detailed understanding of conversations is almost guaranteed.  Even with all the translation apps on the computer, I found them good enough for basics but nowhere nearly good enough to communicate detailed planning and emotional topics.  This is one thing I would do different if I were to do this again......  I would not date or become interested in someone that does not have a fluent command of the English language.  Another surprise..... My wife formed her friends by seeking out Russian speaking women and did not concentrate on becoming immersed in English by having daily conversations with English speaking folks.  This was big detriment.  I spent about $10K sending her to Cal State S.B. University over several semesters in their English Language Program (non-credit) and still she refused to find an opportunity to join any group that would immerse her in English.  Only now, after 6 years is she able to carry on a conversation in English.  You can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink!

3.  Children....  Although I was forewarned that UA women put their children before their husbands, I did not realize to what extent that happens.  It does not mean that she does not cook for you, it's just that every need of the child is taken care of before your needs are considered.  Not necessarily a bad thing I guess but takes some getting used to.  Another consideration of marrying a women with minor children, is the financial responsibility you are taking on.  You are sponsoring both the wife and child(ren) and under most US laws the child might just as well be yours as far as financial responsibility.

4.  Medical Insurance...  Bill brought up this point in his post and it is not a trivial topic.  My employer has a medical plan that is fully paid for by the employees.  Since I am on a Medicare Supplemental plan from my former employer, I have no need for my employers plan for my personal insurance.  In order to get coverage for my wife and daughter through my employer it is necessary for me to be included in the plan.  There is no option to only cover the dependents.  After looking at their plan it would cost me about $950/month for a Shit Plan.   Being forced into a California State plan, for about $1100/month they can be covered by a much more comprehensive plan.  Still a lot of money!  Depending on your employer and what state you live in, be sure to calculate their medical insurance costs.  Speaking of insurance, when I added her to my AAA auto insurance my premium increased significantly.

5.  As was mentioned upthread, do NOT expect her to have an income to contribute to the family pot.  This is a topic I do not fully understand.  My wife has double masters degrees and a bachelors degree (Ukraine) and in spite of paying several hundred $$ to have her transcripts translated, she has not been able to land a job.  Her lack of English skills may have something to do with it, but it is not the only factor.  When prospective employers call her the first question they ask is "Are you a Citizen of the US?"  Before she can even answer that she is a Permanent Resident, the phone goes dead.  Apparently the clueless dingbats in the HR departments don't realize that someone with a SSN and a work permit can legally work in the US.  As you might expect, in the back of my mind there is the question as to whether she really wants to work or is really just taking advantage of my ability to earn a living.  We had an agreement before getting married that she would work and contribute financially to the family.   This dilemma is still open.   While every marriage does not turn out 100% the way you expected, there were a number of things I did right and still recommend them.

6. If you are seeking a foreign wife, you need to go to that country for a decent period of time and learn the culture.  That means meeting many people and if possible stay with them long enough to experience their culture in person.  Books don't begin to convey the interpersonal nature of cultures.  I made several extended trips to Ukraine and met and stayed with new friends in their homes before I ever met my wife.  I also experienced the culture of the economy and dealing with businesses in the local towns.  I expect my total costs for wife hunting in Ukraine (including all the trips) was somewhere around $50K.

7.  Expect to be taken advantage of financially (even by your friends) if you allow it to happen.  Do not expect your generosity to be appreciated as it would be by your American friends.  It seems to me that in the back of their minds is the fact you are wealthy (compared to them) and there is no moral issue with taking your money if you offer it.  Just don't expect it to be reciprocal.  For example, I gave $3500 to a friend in Ukraine to purchase a dacha that was supposedly for sale beside his property.  When he picked me up on my next trip I was surprised that his old Lada car had been replaced by a modern Japanese car.  When I got around to asking him about the sale of the dacha and registering it in my name, he sheepishly admitted that he took the money and bought the car.  Said the owner of the dacha changed their minds about selling it.  Lesson learned!!!  Fortunately, I got married shortly later and when my wife found out about it, the shit hit the fan.  She recovered all but about $500.   It was my own fault for extending trust in what I considered a close friend.

8.  I hate to discourage someone from following their dreams, but in this case I am compelled to suggest that you learn everything you can about the culture and what to expect in your adventure.  If you have the time and interest you can read the trip reports I made on this forum about the later stages of my adventures in Ukraine.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=15123.0

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=18377.0

9.  On the bright side, I have a beautiful wife and wonderful step daughter that I love dearly.  Lisa, now 12 is going into the 6th grade and has done wonderful in school.  She was fluent in English within 6 months and had no special English classes.

Doug (Calmissile)

Online krimster2

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2020, 09:19:15 PM »
well pardon moi crude sarcasm!!!

from your comments it would indicate you’re a renter and not a property owner or even better, a serial property owner...

so your 5K/month balance sheet just took a $2,000 hit for housing....
add $300 minimum for health and car insurance
another $300 for utilities
maybe $1,000 month for food
so just the basics come to about 80% of your income, taxes probably take the remainder....

it means you make just barely enough to survive on with you and a wife and no kids
but it means no extra car for her, no travel, not a lot of clothes buying, etc, etc...
believe me there will be a LOT of etc!!!!

oh, and please don’t forget what a diamond engagement ring is gonna cost ya.....

vrs

trolling for a female cosplay room mate on Craig’s List.com
and letting her stay rent free with you

show me why my idea isn’t better than you trying to go to Russia?
with my idea you don't have to travel, the wimmin come to you!
if you break up, they just leave your house and that's it!!
and you speak the same freakin language

a year from, now, there will be millions and millions of desperate American wimmin lookin for a place to live but have no job or income, feel scared, etc...
this is TOTALLY your trolling pond!!!

you would be freakin amazed at the quality of the young single wimmin I meet here in Texas
I mean OMG, it's as good as Russia or Ukraine!!!
and the vast majority of local guys are total doofs when it comes to wimmin
so being a smarter outsider you have an advantage here just like in Russia
and REALLY stunning girls are not hard AT ALL to pick up here....
you could EASILY, EASILY snag one as a room mate with benefits
WTF would you want to go to Ukraine or Russia for McDonald's when you can get it here...
if you were in the right area, a year from now you should be able to get all the pooty-tang you want, if you knew how to "play it smart"
and they WILL COME TO YOU!!

and in closing, excuse my rough manners, begging your pardon, my deepest apologies

« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 09:38:01 PM by krimster2 »

Offline rwd123

« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2020, 05:16:57 AM »
Disposable income is more important than gross income.

Demographics also matter, how old are you and what age range would you seek a partner?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2020, 06:37:49 AM »
Hi Yos, lots of good points made above. Krim makes a good point that about learning the language. The problem is at the moment it's still unsure when or if there will be long term travel available. Russia still isn't allowing tourists in, Ukraine is but for how long? Usually it's going to take more than one trip to both succeed in this venture and to spend time getting to know the girl, her to move to your country, etc. Add to that if it becomes a prospect where she might have difficulty returning, who knows? I've started learning the Russian language, some may say income is more important than learning the language but I think it depends on the person and situation. The thing is do you want to spend time learning a language that because of the virus you might never have need off?

Now I live in the UK and most posters make fun of my low income on this search, around £14k per annum. Now that might seem ridiculously small but I can double that by working 4 instead of my current 2 days per week. I also own my own house outright and live in a country where healthcare is paid by the state, so is education, some dentistry, etc I also pay very little tax on what I earn. In addition I can get cheap flights to Kiev for around £50 or so return on budget airlines.

Now if I was a US guy knowing what I know about the FSU scene I would seriously contemplate going to South America to find a girl, when it's safer of course. The slight skin tan doesn't bother me, it would be nearer and being a Hispanic girl she would look up to you and hence likely to be willing to please. That is important as the thing you have to think off is that if you don't compare all that great to other guys around you many a FSW will look to trade up at the first opportunity after gaining greed card. A Hispanic lass however is likely to be less preyed upon by other men unless she really is a top of the top scorer on the looks front.

My view is that it would be better to let the forum know more about where you stand. I have and to be fair they have really helped me see the light on many matters, barring the odd few comments of some of course, but sometimes you need to take a few knocks to learn what you need to know.

"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2020, 07:32:49 AM »

a year from, now, there will be millions and millions of desperate American wimmin lookin for a place to live but have no job or income, feel scared, etc...
this is TOTALLY your trolling pond!!!

I remember back in the recession years in the 90s in the UK a lot of women broke up with their other halves when they no longer brought home the bacon as it were. Some even with children so there were a lot of women who were getting with the guys that still had jobs and were earning. So with the outlook looking likely even worse than those days what you say could have some go in it Krimster. I'm not sure if I will be able to even properly resume dating in the FSU in which case I will have to see what can be done locally. If this situation does indeed turn it into a better dating situation that could work for me. Theoretically what you say could occur as if an 'economic differential' opens up here then it could become like the similar situation of us to the FSU. Women have in recent decades been more numerous in the workplace than recent decades but I reckon more men as a whole will still likely stay in work.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2020, 08:33:36 AM »

You're 'doubting' someone who has been married to a Russian woman for years and understands every facet of what life is like married and living life with one? A state of living you can only speculate on today?

In general, location does have an impact unto everyone's standard of living. Sure it's expensive living in NY and /or California, but the pay is much higher, too. That's just simple economics. If I can happily live in bum-phuck, Iowa getting the same rate of pay and all the living indulgences I get living in SoCal, believe me millions of us will be heading there today. All things in life are relative. The recent study of best/worst state to live in based on state and local taxes for middle or lower income level actually have NY and California belonging in the top 5 best states to live in.

http://itep.org/whopays/

$60K pre-tax, despite the tax reform, regardless where you are is insane. Most everyone is telling you exactly that. It's one thing to have this income, regardless where you live and marrying a local gal who can join and compliment her income with yours - it is quite another having to embark pursuing dem Russian wimmen, importing her and supporting her beyond the normal demands of life in the US with just your income.

Think long and hard about this. The temptation to fill the void in your life with the image of marrying a young and beautiful gal - which you likely believe you cannot compete for locally - have rendered a lot of men in misery over the years. Always be careful what you wish for. You may actually get it. There's a very minute minority who persevered and stayed married to a FSUW. Take this fact as a 'warning bell'.

*Home* is where the heart is.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2020, 09:20:29 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline ML

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2020, 09:27:03 AM »
Everyone should read Doug's number 11 post above.
It is a classic packed full of useful info for beginners and even for those in early years of marriage.
And Doug actually knows how to spell and use good grammar . . . which is probably correlated with his age !!  :-)

Thanks Doug.

I will add that my experience with a Ukrainian wife is somewhat different than Doug's.

A lot of this difference probably stems from fact my gal attended Intensive English classes full time for one year, placing first in her classes both semesters.  And, VERY IMPORTANTLY, she did NOT seek out Russian or Ukrainian speaking persons to talk with.  Yes, she met a few, but we only got together with them 2-3 times per year.

Also, she did not bring a child with her, so by default . . . I became her number one person . . . at least on a day to day basis here in USA.

And, she wanted to work as soon as possible, even as I would have preferred she not work.

Not saying that I have taken the Ukrainian gal out of her . . . but she has adapted almost completely to USA . . . while still having the desire (and even the need) to take on the burden of completely doing all housework, cooking, etc.  And also does nearly 100% of a garden and a considerable share of general yard work.

I have been lucky in life in having a hard working German ancestry gal as first wife, and a hard working Ukrainian gal as second wife.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Wayne

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2020, 10:04:11 AM »
This same topic has come up many times before. I can remember Ken C stating that $100,000 per year is the minimum salary. Some people argued that 50 to 60 K would be enough. Everyone had their own opinion.

Somebody made a list of typical expenses and cost for the visa process.

Cost of living has gone up, so Ken's minimum would be much higher now.

Of course, you can go to live in Ukraine for much less. If you can do your work remotely that could be your solution.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2020, 11:09:56 AM »
Words, words, words, more words. . . . . . .
I have never been married and have zero knowledge of what it
costs to married or even to have a girl friend. I certainly don't
know anything about being married to a FSU but nonRussian
wife. I say non Russian because I can't afford the visa price to
go to Russia. 

I helped Trench rewrite his post to remove the garbage and filler.

£14k per annum because I am too lazy to work for more.

FSUW don't do vague

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2020, 11:26:21 AM »
This same topic has come up many times before. I can remember Ken C stating that $100,000 per year is the minimum salary. Some people argued that 50 to 60 K would be enough. Everyone had their own opinion.

Somebody made a list of typical expenses and cost for the visa process.

Cost of living has gone up, so Ken's minimum would be much higher now.

Of course, you can go to live in Ukraine for much less. If you can do your work remotely that could be your solution.

I think there's a lot of wealthy guys on this forum, some even with more wealth that most would dream off. Then there are others that are comfortably off enough and bring in a decent enough income but are not as wealthy. From what I see both can be successful in this venture but that it tends to be easier for the very wealthy guys to walk it. I think in part this is down to them coming across better to the women, asides from the wealth. They know they can walk away at any point and it's the woman's loss. That there are tons off other women that will go begging to them treating then right who they can decide upon. A FSW is also going to think very hard before potentially giving up a good meal ticket.

I also think there is a tendancy to get carried away with how much one needs to earn. One guy will say 'this amount', another will say, 'no more than that' while another still will say, 'no you will need xxX amount to do it properly'. It's almost like asking 'how big was the Marrow you grew this year' to guys, each guy say his Marrow was bigger than the previous guys, lol. Same stuff happens when you ask, 'how much will I need per month to live out in Ukraine?'.

I think some of people's figures depends on how they live their lifestyle. I've already gone into some differences depending on the level of state assistance a country may differ on. Beyond that of course there is stuff like, 'Do you call in the handyman when you have a home maintenance problem or do you DIY it yourself? Other stuff like do you own a cheap run around car or an expensive to run prestige car, do you shop in everyday or budget clothing outlets or supermarkets or do you go high end brand, etc. Some people get in someone to do every little thing for them and expect their bums to be wiped, some will only ever click on the high end brand for virtually every purpose and seem oblivious to being able to economise. Some will also insure themselves against virtually every life's potential mishaps while others will do without.

I'm not an American so I wouldn't know conclusively if Vos can do it on $40k per annum. I suspect that he probably can but issues may crop up as the cost of going to & from the FSU if the girls wishes to go a fair bit. That's why I reckon South America may be a better option for him unless he has real hang ups about it. Even that though all depends on the virus situation.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2020, 11:29:03 AM »

Oooo... That's harsh Bill :o

You know I went to Moscow once so I have paid the Visa price once. Price would put me off doing it again though ;D

Offline treddie

« Reply #22 on: July 13, 2020, 12:08:24 PM »
Hello

Hi Yos3,

Everyone has an opinion on what is a comfortable salary. A good amount is "as much as you can get". You need to do your own budget and see if you can afford to support another person, adding on additional expenses (travel to visit family, etc.). Assume she will have no income.

If you can afford to support a spouse, then you need to make sure you have saved up enough money to handle the process of finding her. Expect to pay for multiple visits and possibly a visa. Assuming she will be moving to the US, you need to have at least $2,500 to handle the visa and green card process.

Most importantly, you need to be ready to adopt a new culture and to patiently bring someone into your culture. Moving to a new country is a difficult experience. It will take time and it won't be easy for her.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2020, 12:22:56 PM »
Oooo... That's harsh Bill :o

You know I went to Moscow once so I have paid the Visa price once. Price would put me off doing it again though ;D
No, 2T is bang on the money.

You know sod all about what it costs to import and live with FSU women. Your entire premise of ‘getting’ with one is to subject her to a bargain basement life where she earns her keep on top of slaving for you and washing your crack stained Y fronts while you get her up the duff as quick as you can in the hope she won’t dump you as soon as she sees the shithole 2up2down terrace you call home.

£14k.  :cluebat:

You’re nothing but a leech. Paying no tax and expecting to get free healthcare and education.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2020, 09:39:54 PM »
Hello

I think it can be done as long as the lady knows the circumstances and has realistic expectations.   Some ladies don't require much money because their tastes and/or hobbies are simple and inexpensive.  Ladies to avoid in your case are ones that want to do expensive things that will run you into debt and create stress. 

Good luck
Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1958
Total: 1967

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM