It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Tinder - Am I crazy?  (Read 24432 times)

Offline Gb1015

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
Tinder - Am I crazy?
« on: July 17, 2018, 05:36:08 PM »
Hello everyone,

Thanks for reading my post. I wanted to get some advice on here. About two months ago I was swiping on tinder while in Miami for women in Moscow. I was mainly doing this out of curiosity with the idea of possibly planning a trip in the future. While swiping, I found this one girl. We did not match but I sent her a message through instagram. She did not respond immediately but when she did she advised me that she only speaks Russian. I thought to myself, no issue, google translate. At first she was not very communicative and understandably so, a random dudes message on instagram from across the world is not the most attractive of scenarios to meet someone. However, over time, we began to get to know each other and speak more and more. First off, this girl is absolutely gorgeous. Model type as I am sure everyone on here is familiar with.

That being said, I am not a sucker. I know the risk associated with a beautiful women across the world.  I am not inexperienced with meeting foreign women. Frankly, the vast majority have been very angled or intentioned, which at times I have shamefully used to my advantage. Never did I allow myself to actually get caught in a hustle, usually, you can tell if you are completely honest with yourself. Obviously, this is just my opinion.

I write on this forum not because I have any suspicions that this woman is hustling me but more because of the stigma associated with falling for a woman online who lives in Russia. There is a lot of negative rhetoric regarding same.

After getting to know this woman, I realized that she is very normal, sweet and kind. For instance, a typical Friday night for her consists of dinner with her mother. She is in University to be a Doctor. We share many of the same views on life and what is important in the world. We have similar backgrounds, her father was absent in her life. My mother was absent in mine. We both are born from young parents so our relationship's with our single parent is more of a friendship. In some ways this has made us both seek loyalty in a relationship more than anything else. Needless to say, we really hit it off. She is 20 and I am 27. I am a lawyer who works as a legislative analyst in Miami.

After only 3 months of talking, I am going to visit Moscow in a month to met her and her mother. We have already spoken about getting married which was really my idea. The biggest issue for us right now is the transferring of credits from her current university to a university in Florida. She does not want to stop school. Which I completely understand and want to support.

I guess, I am writing to those with experience on whether anyone has ever done something similar to this. Really any comments or thoughts are welcomed.

I do not consider myself to know everything so I always seek help and input.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:38:08 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Tinder - Am I crazy?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2018, 06:17:57 PM »
First off, this girl is absolutely gorgeous. Model type as I am sure everyone on here is familiar with.

Who here doesn't run around with a model?

Welcome to the forum gb1015. How often do you video chat or speak on the phone with your lady? As far as education here, most or all of her credits won't transfer. She's 20 so starting over is not a big deal at that age.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2018, 06:23:58 PM »
Who here doesn't run around with a model?

Welcome to the forum gb1015. How often do you video chat or speak on the phone with your lady? As far as education here, most or all of her credits won't transfer. She's 20 so starting over is not a big deal at that age.

Thanks for the response Billy. We video chat daily. Telephone conversations not so much because of the language barrier. We actually spoke to a counselor here at FIU who said at least half the courses would transfer.

Is that unusual?

Offline jone

« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 06:25:46 PM »
Am not so sure general credits will not transfer.  The key here is 'general' credits. 

You are at an age in your life where you can take a chance on a relationship like this.

Know that you are looking for someone kind and wise.  Appearances will fade over the years.  But a loving wife is beyond value.

In any event, welcome to the forum.

Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2018, 06:30:34 PM »
Am not so sure general credits will not transfer.  The key here is 'general' credits. 

You are at an age in your life where you can take a chance on a relationship like this.

Know that you are looking for someone kind and wise.  Appearances will fade over the years.  But a loving wife is beyond value.

In any event, welcome to the forum.

Thanks so much for the response. And yes, I definitely understand what you are saying. To be honest, although she is stunning in my eyes, I didn't fall for that. I live in Miami, there are gorgeous women all over. I fell for all the other stuff.

It's unusual to say the least. But it's happening. haha

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2018, 06:33:11 PM »
I write on this forum not because I have any suspicions that this women...After getting to know this women

I do not consider myself to know everything so I always seek help and input.
Alright, here's one: women is the plural form of woman ;D.
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline jone

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2018, 06:34:53 PM »
The one thing you will find out, if you haven't already experienced it, is that FSU women love without artifice.  My friend, Larry, used to call this Love Heroin.  Once you've experienced it, you will never settle for anything less.  However, I will say from personal experience, that overall FSU women are harsh in their criticisms and make judgement on almost everything.  It will take a learning curve to get by this aspect of their personalities.   

Spend some time with her mother.  If they are as close as you say they are, you will learn alot about the woman she will become as she ages. 

Sounds like you are a lucky man.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2018, 06:39:01 PM »
Alright, here's one: women is the plural form of woman ;D.

HAHAHA. Thanks!

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2018, 06:42:31 PM »
The one thing you will find out, if you haven't already experienced it, is that FSU women love without artifice.  My friend, Larry, used to call this Love Heroin.  Once you've experienced it, you will never settle for anything less.  However, I will say from personal experience, that overall FSU women are harsh in their criticisms and make judgement on almost everything.  It will take a learning curve to get by this aspect of their personalities.   

Spend some time with her mother.  If they are as close as you say they are, you will learn alot about the woman she will become as she ages. 

Sounds like you are a lucky man.

It's funny you say that. I actually dated a Russian woman about two years ago who was also gorgeous. She had recently arrived to Miami on a modeling contract. She wanted to move things along too quickly and I called it off with her after about 3 months. But she was definitely had the warmth you mention.  At that time I was still in law school and could not support a wife. Also, dating an actual model is not as fun as it would seem. lol. She is now married and we still keep in touch.

But you're right. The bug bit me.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:45:29 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 06:48:56 PM »
We actually spoke to a counselor here at FIU who said at least half the courses would transfer.

Is that unusual?

That's a good deal if she gets credit for half the higher education she's done. I guess math is math whether it's done in English or Russian. If she were doing advanced courses in the medical field since she wants to be a doctor, they may not transfer since how medical procedures are performed may not be the same.

We video chat daily. Telephone conversations not so much because of the language barrier.

It's a very good sign when a woman makes time for you everyday.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2018, 06:53:53 PM »
That's a good deal if she gets credit for half the higher education she's done. I guess math is math whether it's done in English or Russian. If she were doing advanced courses in the medical field since she wants to be a doctor, they may not transfer since how medical procedures are performed may not be the same.

It's a very good sign when a woman makes time for you everyday.

Yeah, we will explore the school issue a little more. The big issue there is her mom. Obviously, she does not want her daughter starting over again.

And yeah, we communicate very frequently. I mean I would say the most time we go without at least a message during the non-sleep hours is about 3 hours tops.

At first, this was not the case. I pushed for a skype call and I think that made her more comfortable just to see me. Then we slowly began to speak about what each of us wanted in our partners and I think things just meshed well.

Also, she has had serious discussions with her mother about our relationship and I've noticed she asks more serious questions about our plans and my intentions. Her mother expressed to her that she thought I would not take on the responsibility and this kinda pissed her off. Point is, she has probably referenced 4 or 5 conversations with her mother about us. And shes been honest, when its good feedback she says it and when its not she says that as well. I took this as a good sign.  And to be honest, I care what her mother thinks so I don't mind working through those issues.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 06:59:26 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline Steamer

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2018, 07:08:47 PM »
After only 3 months of talking, I am going to visit Moscow in a month to met her and her mother. We have already spoken about getting married which was really my idea.

Try to control your enthusiasm if you 2 haven't met yet. Slow down on the "marry" talk. This can still blow up in your face. Always give yourself an escape route if needed.
Life ain't nothing but a poker game
And no two hands are quite the same
But I never saw a winner that didn't bet

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2018, 07:21:33 PM »

Try to control your enthusiasm if you 2 haven't met yet. Slow down on the "marry" talk. This can still blow up in your face. Always give yourself an escape route if needed.

Thanks for the input. Yeah, I typically would never marry a women so quickly at all. The only reason I would in this scenario is because we cannot live together without one. And yeah, absolutely, nothing can or is going to happen in terms of a visa until we meet. And if I get any weird vibes i'm backing off.

Also, in the event I do get married to her. We will both have lawyers and we will both negotiate a prenup. Otherwise, everything is out of the question.

Im curious though. In terms of escape route, what do you mean?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 07:23:27 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline jone

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2018, 08:21:05 PM »
What he is saying is that the marriage talk is premature.  While it is fun to talk about, until you are physically present, and hold each other and live together for awhile.  Or at least in the same house, all this can possibly be is infatuation.  It is not love until you are together.  Sorry.  But that's the way it is.

Offline ML

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2018, 08:21:24 PM »
You will be paying for this gal's complete university program from beginning to MD status.
That's a ton of money . . . then she will leave you when her residency and internship is finished, and trade up to a brain surgeon pulling down a million per year.

Better to find a gal who would be happy with nursing degree or accounting degree.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 08:39:37 PM »
You will be paying for this gal's complete university program from beginning to MD status.
That's a ton of money . . . then she will leave you when her residency and internship is finished, and trade up to a brain surgeon pulling down a million per year.

Better to find a gal who would be happy with nursing degree or accounting degree.

Thanks for your feedback

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 08:40:16 PM »
What he is saying is that the marriage talk is premature.  While it is fun to talk about, until you are physically present, and hold each other and live together for awhile.  Or at least in the same house, all this can possibly be is infatuation.  It is not love until you are together.  Sorry.  But that's the way it is.

agreed. 1000%

except. I probably miss-spoke. I am not in love. I like what I see is all. Just am cognizant of the fact that if I meet her and want it to be serious I will have to marry. That's just how it is.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:42:37 PM by Gb1015 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 08:41:23 PM »
Also, she has had serious discussions with her mother about our relationship and I've noticed she asks more serious questions about our plans and my intentions. Her mother expressed to her that she thought I would not take on the responsibility and this kinda pissed her off. Point is, she has probably referenced 4 or 5 conversations with her mother about us. And shes been honest, when its good feedback she says it and when its not she says that as well. I took this as a good sign.  And to be honest, I care what her mother thinks so I don't mind working through those issues.

She's falling in love and her mother doesn't want her to get hurt and assumes things between you two are going to crash and burn. Normal parental feelings.

The big issue there is her mom. Obviously, she does not want her daughter starting over again.

Daughter is 20. Starting over at that age is no big deal. Me thinks the mother doesn't want her daughter to leave. If you marry the daughter, you might be marrying the mother too. Daughter is going to want to sponsor mother someday.

Also, in the event I do get married to her. We will both have lawyers and we will both negotiate a prenup. Otherwise, everything is out of the question.

You're an attorney right? Get yourself a good family law attorney that understand prenups well. You might as well use your prenup as toilet paper since that is what it'll be worth. English is not your girls primary language. You will have to hire a translator and two attorneys, one for you and one for her. Also having her sign a prenup while she has 90 days to get married can be considered by a judge as if she's signing under duress. Also if your prenup strays too far off the guidelines of your state in the event of a divorce, it can be thrown out. For example, in a 20 year marriage both parties usually split things roughly 50/50. If you give her 5% in a 20 year marriage, a judge may not approve.

Most people think a prenup is to protect them from a spouse who's vindictive and a gold digger in the event of a divorce. I feel a prenup should be used to protect people from a judge who can be bias and give one party 70% in a 20 year marriage for example. Follow the state guidelines when writing your prenup. It's fair for you and fair for her. Judges have a lot of discretion when ruling in family court but it's hard for them to throw out an agreement that is following state guidelines.

If you divorce early, you may be paying a higher amount of alimony since your girl will not be very employable. It's rarely enforced but when you get married to this girl, you are supposed to support her for 10 years when you sign that affidavit of support so she doesn't go on social programs where WE have to take care of her. If she goes crazy on you, come back here for some good advice on how to protect yourself from a DV charge.

Stay positive and don't let what I said affect how you feel for the girl. If she's a wonderful girl, go into this believing it'll last a lifetime. Unless you're making tons of money and have a lot of assets, I don't see why you need a prenup being as young as you are.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2018, 08:50:58 PM by BillyB »

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 08:47:23 PM »
Her mother she's her falling in love and her mother doesn't want her to get hurt and assumes things between you two are going to crash and burn. Normal parental feelings.

Daughter is 20. Starting over at that age is no big deal. Me thinks the mother doesn't want her daughter to leave. If you marry the daughter, you might be marrying the mother too. Daughter is going to want to sponsor mother someday.

You're an attorney right? Get yourself a good family law attorney that understand prenups well. You might as well use your prenup as toilet paper since that is what it'll be worth. English is not your girls primary language. You will have to hire a translator and two attorneys, one for you and one for her. Also having her sign a prenup while she has 90 days to get married can be considered by a judge as if she's signing under duress. Also if your prenup strays too far off the guidelines of your state in the event of a divorce, it can be thrown out. For example, in a 20 year marriage both parties usually split things roughly 50/50. If you give her 5% in a 20 year marriage, a judge may not approve.

Most people think a prenup is to protect them from a spouse who's vindictive and a gold digger in the event of a divorce. I feel a prenup should be used to protect people from a judge who can be bias and give one party 70% in a 20 year marriage for example. Follow the state guidelines when writing your prenup. It's fair for you and fair for her. Judges have a lot of discretion when ruling in family court but it's hard for them to throw out an agreement that is following state guidelines.

If you divorce early, you may be paying a higher amount of alimony since your girl will not be very employable. It's rarely enforced but when you get married to this girl, you are supposed to support her for 10 years when you sign that affidavit of support so she doesn't go on social programs where WE have to take care of her. If she goes crazy on you, come back here for some good advice on how to protect yourself from a DV charge.

Stay positive and don't let what I said affect how you feel for the girl. If she's a wonderful girl, go into this believing it'll last a lifetime. Unless you're making tons of money and have a lot of assets, I don't see why you need a prenup being as young as you are.

I need one because, I have business on the side where I make money. As far as prenup fully aware worked in family law for years prior to becoming a lawyer and practiced in it for sometime. I actually have personal experience in Russian-american prenups that have been upheld by a court. Key is being thorough and as fair as possible.

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 08:48:04 PM »
I need one because, I have business on the side where I make money. As far as prenup fully aware worked in family law for years prior to becoming a lawyer and practiced in it for sometime. I actually have personal experience in Russian-american prenups that have been upheld by a court. Key is being thorough and as fair as possible.

As for mom, I had the exact same thoughts. totally on point.

Offline Bee Farmer

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 09:11:43 PM »
You found a girl on Tinder.  (Where all the high quality women for marriage are, right?)

You had to pester and bug her to get her to talk with you.

You have never met each other.

You can't communicate in a common language.

How will she cope in a culture where she doesn't speak English?

How will she do taking college courses when she doesn't know English?

How will you two communicate?  Google Translate everything?

Have you looked into ESL classes for the girl?

You, and possibly both of you, are falling in love with how you imagine the other to be.

You're already discussing marriage with your fantasy partner, whom you have never met.

How does she feel about a pre-nup?  Many FSU women will not be comfortable with a pre-nup.

You did meet through Tinder, and old habits die hard.

Odds are, she's young and has the attitude that if a rich American lawyer wants to throw his money at her, she will see where things go, even though she may have no real interest in him.

If mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy.  FSU mother-in-laws have a bit of a reputation.  Who do you think has more influence on the girl, you or her mama?

How do you plan on helping her acclimate?

Do you want kids immediately?

Are you prepared and responsible enough to handle kids?  Do you have the time and energy to deal with a kid 24/7?

Because the moment she arrives, she will be like a helpless kid, and you will have to help her do everything.  Everything.

What do you offer her?  (other than the Tinder hookup you wanted.)

What does she offer you?  (other than the Tinder hookup you wanted.)

What could possibly go wrong?  Seriously...

(You're in fantasyland.  Go meet the girl before you even think about marriage or a K1 visa.  Some FSU women have the attitude that if a guy wants to be an idiot, it's ok to take advantage of him for his money.
You sound really immature, and not ready for being married, much less being married to a FSUW who is young, immature, and can't speak English.)

Offline jone

« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 09:28:08 PM »
You found a girl on Tinder.  (Where all the high quality women for marriage are, right?)

You, and possibly both of you, are falling in love with how you imagine the other to be.

You're already discussing marriage with your fantasy partner, whom you have never met.

How does she feel about a pre-nup?  Many FSU women will not be comfortable with a pre-nup.

Odds are, she's young and has the attitude that if a rich American lawyer wants to throw his money at her, she will see where things go, even though she may have no real interest in him.

If mama ain't happy, ain't no one happy.  FSU mother-in-laws have a bit of a reputation.  Who do you think has more influence on the girl, you or her mama?

Are you prepared and responsible enough to handle kids?  Do you have the time and energy to deal with a kid 24/7?

Because the moment she arrives, she will be like a helpless kid, and you will have to help her do everything.  Everything.

(You're in fantasyland.  Go meet the girl before you even think about marriage or a K1 visa.  Some FSU women have the attitude that if a guy wants to be an idiot, it's ok to take advantage of him for his money.
You sound really immature, and not ready for being married, much less being married to a FSUW who is young, immature, and can't speak English.)

Beef Harmer is the resident romantic in our bunch.

Offline southernX

« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 11:27:18 PM »
Beef Harmer is the resident romantic in our bunch.
   :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: ;D

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline Gb1015

« Reply #23 on: July 18, 2018, 03:42:56 AM »

Thank's for your input. All of what you said, I have considered. Except, as easily as you attribute negative undertones to each question. They could all be answered in a positive way. And although you sarcastically ask "what could possibly go wrong?" you also did not address what could possibly go right?

Thats the problem with people these days and why many people live mediocre lives. Nothing is guaranteed. In fact, if I decided to meet someone, get to know them for years and then marry them here in the USA. Maybe even a couple blocks from where I live. I have a 40-50% chance of being wrong. The illusion that because you know someone for a longer period of time reduces your risk of divorce is just plain false. As a matter of fact, historically, this is a new practice.

It's important not to jump to conclusions on everything for the purpose of avoiding failure. The good thing about your input is it raises the obvious questions that any logical person would ask. But NONE of us have the answer to those questions. With exception of a select few. Could the girl be playing me? Absolutely. Beautiful part about that is, I am not married! And at a minimum, I will get my tinder lay in a month.

Fact is, the same way you jumped to a ton of conclusions about a situation you really have no significant knowledge about is parallel to what you are saying I am doing by having interest in a women in another country without meeting her.

You have to be careful about being the same person you criticize. And I may be young but in my opinion, one of the biggest forms of immaturity is negativity and a lack of introspection. And unfortunately, we found a lot of that in your post. This comes from a good place. I don't think everyone should live a life through such a negative lens. It's unhealthy and actually breads the failure you are trying to avoid.

Offline rwd123

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #24 on: July 18, 2018, 04:30:08 AM »
"...I will get my tinder lay in a month" - man you are not ready for marriage if you think and talk like that. You sound like a pimply, horny frat boy.

If posters here think your shit stinks and say so, don't call it being negative. It's called experience which you obviously lack in spades. After all, it was you who was asking for advice. Your ego is shielding you from what you don't want to hear, classic case of confirmation bias.

You are either thinking with your dick or in some fantasy land. Wanting to marry someone you haven't even met? Is that right? To a 20 year-old who doesn't even speak the same language? Off the back of some instagram photos? And a Muscovite model? Do you know what those girls are usually like? (I do) Have you ever dated a model? (I have) Have you ever dated Russian women? (I have) Have you even been to Moscow? (I have; will return in a few weeks)

Listen and learn grasshopper.

You are both bedazzled; you by a Russian beauty, she by Miami and a "Miami Vice lifestyle".

All the best, but this has the hallmarks of crash and burn. Not because she's a gold digger (and the odds are she could be), but because you're both really immature and at risk of being out of your depth in such a relationship.

And if you've got prenups on your mind, you're thinking like a lawyer and not a husband. Don't mistake an idiot for a fool. Your ego may not spot the difference.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1866
Total: 1877

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM