It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: An Anastasia Date in Odessa  (Read 44575 times)

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
An Anastasia Date in Odessa
« on: April 27, 2010, 12:09:29 AM »
Right now I am sitting in the airport in NYC with an 11 hour layover so might as well write out my trip while the events are still fresh in my head. I flew out to Odessa, Ukraine to visit one lady from the infamous site Anastasia Date.
From the stories I had heard the deck was stacked against me. Names have been changed to protect everyones privacy.
Feel free to comment, criticize and add any input but the story will tell itself.

I flew out on Wednesday on LOT airlines to Odessa via Warsaw. The flight was long and mostly uneventful. LOT airlines was very good. Aircraft was clean and service was good. There was a bit of a delay as we were one of the first flights to resume after the Icelandic volcanic travel disruptions.
Reading material was provided in the way of Polish newspapers with the main story still being the Polish plane crash that was able to wipe out most of the countries top officials earlier this month.
I made friends with a Polish man who actually lives very close to my home and has a second home outside Warsaw with a much younger girlfriend. He told me that Polish women are beautiful and after talking to several flight attendants during the flight I will have to agree with him.
He eventually slumbered off in a vodka induced comma and proceeded to sing me Polish folk songs in his sleep.

I arrived in Odessa and chose to skip the VIP pass through customs for $90. I had heard it is good to get but my independently hired interpreter told me not to bother in our initial emails.
She was correct, do not bother wasting the money on it. The Odessa airport is tiny and getting through customs was very easy. I could not help but notice the groups of men from all over Europe that were there waiting in Customs.
Seems Odessa is a popular destination for many Europeans.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:36:17 AM by alex330 »

Offline alex330

Re: An Anastasia Date in Odessa
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 12:34:09 AM »
As I exited customs my interpreter was waiting there for me with my name on a sign. She is tall, very good looking, and we began to chat as we walked outside to the cab.
We hit it off well and talked about many things. She has flawless English and runs $10 and hour. She is also single guys ;)
If anyone is interested in her services she is highly recommended. I text the girl I am there to see and the apartment manager and we are off.

I cannot notice how gray and monotone everything is. The buildings are very old and there is graffiti everywhere. It is as though the decay of winter is still present in the old structures.
We talk about local culture on the way to my apartment and I tell my interpreter why I am there. She immediately tells me it is a huge mistake to only visit one woman.
She has worked for agencies and has had a lot of experience as a personal interpreter and she says I should think about lining up dates with other women immediately.

We get to the apartment which is located on the street right behind the Opera house. The rental manager pulls up in a Lexus and hops out. She is also a very attractive young lady and wonders why I am in town.
She said she thought Odessa was only known as a party destination to European guys.
I am later told throughout my stay that I do not fit the profile of the normal American out there. I ask them what the typical American that visits Odessa is like and nobody can define it.
Americans wear bright yellow pants and lots of gold chains one person explains. I'll be sure to bring my bright green pants next time….
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 02:29:45 AM by alex330 »

Offline alex330

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 12:53:04 AM »
We get into the apartment and it is just like the photos on the inside except it is more of an efficiency than a 1 bedroom. The bed is in a loft up a narrow set of stairs where you cannot stand up.
I am also asked for an additional $100.00 deposit for damages which I hand over not expecting to see it back. The deposit was not disclosed to begin with.
I tell my interpreter I want to shower and settle in then grab some food. She takes off for an hour and lets me clean up.

I think about what my interpreter said in regards to meeting multiple women and pull out my laptop and initiate my backup plan an hour after I arrive. I log on to Anastasia Web (yeah, great backup plan I know…) and to my surprise the woman who was my second favorite just happened to be online and live in the same city. I had actually talked to her a week before my trip and mentioned I may be out there. We had a discussion about whether I should visit one or many women and she pushed on the many women as I think she realized she may not be my favorite.
I chatted with her a couple minutes and then sprung that I was in town. She almost passed out and had to go grab a glass of water she later told me. I asked her if she would meet myself and my interpreter out somewhere in a couple hours. The date with the woman I had come out to see was not till the next night anyways. She agreed to meet us and the time was set. My interpreter rented me a local prepaid cell for $20.00 and I gave the number to Tanya so she could find us in case of any issues.

I then went out to grab some food with my interpreter and had a couple beers at a Russian restaurant. Tried borscht for the first time and loved it.
There was an American at a table near us with two women and a local guy and it  looked like he was getting worked over. The woman was out of his league and was wearing pricey fur.
We both laughed about it but I felt sorry for him to be honest.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:16:47 AM by alex330 »

Offline facetrock

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 02:42:43 AM »
 Great report. Keep it up.

Offline Maniac999

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 04:50:24 AM »
This is a very interesting beginning of the story about an innocent WOVO male transforming into sex tourist with the kindest help of local people, surrounding him :P
And a biggest mistake of that "ONE''woman , who didn't meet , accompany and organize all the stuff for him..
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 04:53:08 AM by Maniac999 »
В раю лучше климат, но в аду интересней компания

Offline Dave13

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2010, 09:27:26 AM »
Interesting trip, looking forward to hearing the rest. 8)

Offline Vaughn

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2010, 10:29:04 AM »
I'm looking forward to the rest of the story.

Welcome home !

Offline alex330

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2010, 10:50:58 AM »
Thanks everyone.  Sex tourist? Not yet  ;)  
Unfortunately I did hear some very sad stories first hand about human trafficking out there.

We left the restaurant and went to the predetermined meeting place, another restaurant called Fanconi which is popular among the agency girls.  My first date in Ukraine just 5 hours after arriving. Why waste time?
Somewhat nice lounge/restaurant and we went inside and waited for Tanya. We were there a couple minutes and I got a text she was on her way. As soon as she walked in I was pleasantly surprised.
Tanya looked much better in person and came over and sat down. Tall leggy blonde with hightlights and dressed to the hilt. We began chatting and had some drinks and hit it off right away. Her conversational English was ok but she asked my interpreter to stay as she felt more comfortable with another woman there and was a bit nervous about her English.
We had a few shots of vodka and I asked if she wanted to go somewhere else. She offered to show me one of her favorite places to go. We strolled over to a white cushion filled basement of a bar called Captain Morgans which we had all to ourselves.
We ordered a couple bottles of cheap and very sweet Russian wine and a fruit platter and sat back and enjoyed the night. The interpreter left us alone and we proceeded to get acquainted. The night began to wind down and we left in  taxi back to my apartment. I went inside and proceeded to pass out after a long day of traveling and paid for her cab back home. I asked her if we could meet up the next day before she left and she replied “we will see”.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 11:13:32 AM by alex330 »

Offline alex330

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2010, 11:11:45 AM »
The next morning I woke up late and not feeling great compliments of the vodka and cheap wine. I text my interpreter to meet me later in the day instead of that morning.
When she arrives we go for a leisurely meal and walk around the parks and she shows me some of the touristy things in my area. The old buildings and architecture are all very interesting and wonderful.
As we walked around I received a text from Tanya saying she had just got off work and letting me know she was at the Irish bar wanting to meet up again.
We head over to meet her right away. She looked great in her professional clothes right out of work and was happy to see me. The two ladies had a private discussion while I ordered an iced tea. I was later told that Tanya wanted my interpreters info as she was very good and wanted to know if I was going to visit any other ladies while I was there. I was also told that Tanya was very fond of me.

The interpreter left and Tanya and I talked for several hours. She said her friends were meeting her at the bar in a bit and she wanted me to meet them and we could all go out.
At this point I had to tell her I had plans for the evening (the date with Olga whom I had flown out to see originally) and she realized I was going out on a date with another woman. She was hurt but understood. These women date many men and know how it works.
She walks me back to my apartment and I tell her she can hold my hand for 2 grivna and she laughs. I try to always walk on the street side to protect the woman from traffic and explain this to her when she asks why. She proceeds to tell me that in the Ukraine if the woman walks on your left it is because you hold her closer to your heart.

Offline Maniac999

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2010, 11:38:43 AM »
very, very interesting thread.. can't wait for the rest of the story about 8 more other women on your way:-)
PS.You 've got a big left side of your chest , right? :P

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2010, 11:54:33 AM »
I was also told that Tanya was very fond of me.

The interpreter left and Tanya and I talked for several hours. She said her friends were meeting her at the bar in a bit and she wanted me to meet them and we could all go out.

Why does a woman feel a need to tell an interpreter to tell a man she's fond of him?

Let me get this straight. Tanya gets off work, texts you she's going to the bar, and lets her friends know she's going to be there. Maybe it was a good thing you had a date with another woman or that date would've been expensive. Some other guys at the bar will most likely pay for some of their drinks.

Although Tanya laughed at your hand holding for grivna comment, did she hold your hand?
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline alex330

« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2010, 11:55:29 AM »
can't wait for the rest of the story about 8 more other women on your way:-)

Ah, my pimp hand is not that strong over there yet...
I think it ends up a good story though ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:08:51 PM by alex330 »

Offline alex330

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2010, 12:05:52 PM »
Why does a woman feel a need to tell an interpreter to tell a man she's fond of him?

Let me get this straight. Tanya gets off work, texts you she's going to the bar, and lets her friends know she's going to be there. Maybe it was a good thing you had a date with another woman or that date would've been expensive. Some other guys at the bar will most likely pay for some of their drinks.

Although Tanya laughed at your hand holding for grivna comment, did she hold your hand?

Women at that age tell each other things for whatever reason. The two got along well. Women walk into the bar and talk to each other. Very normal in my book.

It was my understanding she just wanted to introduce me to her close friends so we could all go out.

Of course she held my hand. We had made much further progress getting to know each other the first night. I was just trying to impart a bit of local custom in my report.  ;)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:20:10 PM by alex330 »

Offline alex330

« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2010, 12:15:10 PM »
repost
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 12:18:36 PM by alex330 »

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2010, 12:17:09 PM »

It was my understanding she just wanted to introduce me to her close friends so we could all go out.

That was my impression too.  ;)  I hope I hear later in your TR that a woman wanted to cook you a meal and invited you to her house to meet her family and friends. That's real progress and you'll truly know if a woman is fond of you.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Maniac999

« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2010, 12:25:19 PM »
Or meet her family in the nearest bar.That woud be a kind of progess too ;D :P

Offline Dave13

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2010, 12:30:04 PM »
Sounds to me like your having great progress. 8)

Offline alex330

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
After getting back to my apartment I got ready for my date with the woman I had originally come out to see, Olga. The woman who I got along so well with in letters and with whom I had so much in common. I received a call to my cell to meet in front of the Opera house around 7 pm. After some confusion and walking six blocks with some random woman who was there to meet a guy off Myspace I finally meet the agencies interpreter. Olga is nowhere to be seen….

We proceeded to head over to the restaurant where I was to meet Olga. Why would a woman I had been writing to for many months not meet me in person with the interpreter? Very odd I think. As we approached I noticed it was more of a high end restaurant and another red flag goes off. It is an Italian restaurant called Casanova and appears to be a bit more expensive but going out to eat in this part of the world is very reasonable to be honest. The agency interpreter says she knows Olga from school and the local night clubs as we walk and talk. Funny, as Olga said she did not enjoy night clubs…..

We enter and walk over to a booth where Olga is sitting. She does not stand up to greet me and I lean over and give her a kiss on the cheek. She seems very nervous. I notice she is wearing an expensive watch and large diamond earrings. We sit down and begin to chat and she says she just came from work and has had a long day and is tired. The conversation is strange and slow as she does not speak English. The interpreter is not very good either. A good interpreter makes a world of difference I discover. I order a bottle of wine and we chat. The interpreter tries to lead the conversation with topics that relate to the letters we have written. I ask several specific questions on subjects we had discussed and receive incorrect responses or Olga does not seem to know what I am referring to. Olga says she is very nervous and I try to hold her hand to calm her and she says that it will just make her more nervous and pulls hers away. She backs off at any attempt of physical contact during the dinner. She says she has a headache, is tired, and her cell phone blows up during the entire meal. She silences them all but one and on that call she talks very quietly while turning her head so we cannot see her. I recall the phone calls I would make to her via the site where her phone was busy or had technical issues or she would ask the operator to tell me to call her back at a specific time the next day. At the time I wrote it off to time difference and a busy schedule.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:23:20 PM by alex330 »

Offline Gator

« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2010, 02:06:54 PM »
My grades so far:

Report    A

Strategy  B

Decision Making  B-/C+   (Reaching for Olga's hand was too soon. Nevertheless, Olga should have been dismissed after the one meeting because of her indifference.  IMO you should have given more attention to Tanya such as setting up a third meeting to do something different.  Yet not bad for someone on his first trip.  And there is always some decison factor other than what you report.)

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2010, 02:24:35 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and call the Olga meeting a colossal failure. alex330 is about to post lessons for all first trippers and those who get sucked in the Anastasia Date and the ilk grinding machines. I also detect alex330 worked it out and had a good time thanks to his due diligence. Finding RWD and reading up on possibilities is a definite ace in the hole even, when one doesn't exactly believe it at first read.

Offline Vaughn

« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
Does anybody get the impression that the bulk of Olga's letters were written
by an agency shill ??

Well-written report, Alex.

Offline dogspot

« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2010, 03:00:26 PM »
Really enjoying your report so far, Alex. Thanks for sharing.

Offline Dave13

« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2010, 03:04:23 PM »
Always trust your gut,  ::)  if a RW is interested in you, she will make sure you know it! 8)

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2010, 03:10:08 PM »

Does anybody get the impression that the bulk of Olga's letters were written
by an agency shill ?

Absolutley.   Agree 100%.

IMO you should have given more attention to Tanya

Based on things Alex has written I think we'll see Tanya is also coming from the same camp ground as Olga. I'll post the obvious signs after Alex has finished his trip report. 

Well-written report, Alex.

I agree, and quite entertaining.   

Offline tim 360

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2010, 03:15:37 PM »
Hey Alex330, Really enjoyed reading your trip report so far.  Keep it up.
"Never argue with a fool,  onlookers may not be able to tell the difference".  Mark Twain

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541319
Total Topics: 20860
Most Online Today: 2843
Most Online Ever: 12701