It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Another adventure trip report  (Read 10384 times)

Offline felix8787

Re: Another adventure trip report
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2008, 10:53:40 PM »
Felix, Great Trip Report, One thing however if you put an empty line every three to five lines even if there is no grammatical reason for doing so it makes your post much easier to read.

You can see that I did this in the your quote above.
Like others I am waiting for your next installment.
Udachi !

Bill

Thanks Bill,
I will do that in the next TR.
I am glad that other folks are enjoying the trip report, oh how I wish that I can be there now...but that will come soon enough (fingers crossed) before I leave for boot camp and ait school.

I will hopefully put the next installment tomorrow...err..today.

felix8787

Offline GoodOlBoy

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2008, 06:47:16 AM »
Hello Felix.

You write a good TR. I like the pictures. If you have any more pic's, please post them. GOB
“For God and country, Geronimo, Geronimo, Geronimo......... Geronimo E.K.I.A.”

Offline felix8787

« Reply #27 on: December 29, 2008, 10:36:08 PM »
Sorry about the long delay folks.

Day 5
It's Sunday and supposedly my lady will be back today, I think. Normally she wouldn't be back until the evening if I wasn't here. Through out the past week that I have been here, I have been keeping in touch with AnastassiaAsh and my friend Max from Moldova who is supposed to be here on the 30th and also another woman that I have been talking to since June who is my backup plan.

That morning I call up my friend Max who in turn gave me a number of a girl that he knows in Kiev and tells me to call her to see what she is up to. So I call her and no answer, then about 15 minutes later she calls me back and asked who is this, and I tell her who I am and she remembers that Max told her about me.

I ask her what she is up to today and she tells me that she is shopping and that she will be busy for about 3hrs and then we can get together then. OK, great I thought, now I just have to kill 3hrs time and wait for her call. So I went out and about while waiting for her call, then about 30minutes goes by and she tells me that she is done and that we can meet up in 30mins.

Well, that's very good news, I tell her what square I am at and waited. I honestly didn't know what she looked like other then she told me that she is wearing red boots  :P. I get a call about 20 to 30mins later and it her telling me that she is at the square and that she is looking for me. As I am on the phone with her I keep a look out for red boots.

Then I finally see her.....DAMN!!!!!! She is a looker and those red boots remind me of Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman.....Anyways after picking up my jaw from the ground and realizing that I am not here to hookup with her, I asked her what did she go shopping for (BTW, her English is fluent with a couple of hangups), she tells me that she went shopping for a purse to match her boots. The purse is just as red as her boots and just as pricey $350.00.

So after intros we walked over to Double Coffee, this modern looking coffee house that served more then just coffee, it's about 12:30 and we got a table and ordered our drinks, I get a call from my lady saying that she will be back in Kiev early but that she wants to rest then come to me later on at about 6pm, OK great. My new lady friend got an expresso and I got a virgin something that was pure lime, real tangy stuff. We start talking about life and America, Kiev, her life, my life. She's 21 still in university and works fulltime also, she just recently broke up with her boyfriend from west Ukraine and now she is single, I don't know whether she is looking or not, she just says whatever happens, happens. I couldn't agree more, but I on the other hand am trying to make things happen. So we chit chat some more, I show her pictures that I have took while I was in Kiev.

Of course she asked me how do I like Kiev and I tell her, this is a great place and of course she asked me about what do I think about the woman? I told her honestly the women here are beautiful and of course I complimented her on her beauty. She couldn't help but blush. She tells me that she has a 1 bedroom flat somewhere that I didn't know but apparently took a picture of a place where she lives near by.

After about an hour or more, she got done with her drink and I couldn't finish my, we left and went for a walk, I grabbed her bag and held it for her while we walked, we ended up by my apartment on some walking trail where there were some benches. We sat there and relaxed and talk for a while. Thing were going good talking hanging out and she was having a good time also hanging with me. Then I get a call from my lady and she tells me that she is back early and that she is coming to me. Damn, I really didn't want to end things now, so I told her I have to go and that I would like to hang out again with her, so she told me that we can hang out Sat night and told me to call her that evening. So we parted ways and I head back to my apt.

I arrive and I look for her and see that she hasn't got there yet, so I wait and she finally gets there sometime about 4pm, she looks happy and she shows me her childhood pictures, wow, things are going quite well so far, seeing as this is first time we actually have an evening together. She sits down on the couch and I serve up some hot green tea.

She tells me that she wants to go to the movies and see mama mia, I say OK, then she asked if her roommate can come with us also. I say it's up to you, and she says it's OK, she I say sure, I'm OK with it. As we were sitting there on the couch I ask her how was her weekend with her daughter and her mother, she said everything was good but that her daughter was getting sick. She tells me that her daughter and mother loved the presents that I gave them and that her mother was asking a whole bunch questions about me and that her mother doesn't want her to go to America.....

Well we really couldn't talk about it since her English good enough to talk about seriously. So we left to go and meet her roommate at the corner near a bus stop by their apt. As we were waiting there I took some video of her and a picture of an apt building.

As were waiting for her roommate to arrive, I asked where are we going to go to see the movie and she tells me this place called Karavan, this is the same place that Sergi took me to get the bracelet. The movie was going to be in Russian so this will be interesting for me LOL.

Well her roommate finally got there and we get introduced by my lady, her roommate can speak pretty good English, apparently she learned by watching American movies. I asked if we are going to take a bus and she says no, that they will get a taxi, so she walks onto the edge of the road and from my perspective it looks like she is hitching a ride.....

A car pulls up and we get in and they tell to guy driving where we needed to go, then she turns around and tells me and asked me if I have 20hrn, sure, when we get there, we go to the movie theater and as we were looking at the showtimes, I asked if they took a visa card.....they say no....damn, now I don't have much cash on me and I already know that my card doesn't work on any ATM's so the movies is a no go, they ask if I like bowling, sure I say, there is a bowling center there and we go there and the same problem they don't accept visa cards. Now I'm starting to get agitated here and my lady notices it and she tells me not to worry because I'm with her and not to worry.

So we head to this sushi restaurant and same thing but I have enough cash to cover that, so we go in there and have a drink and eat sushi...damn the sushi was good. They ladies both order jack and coke and her roommate order sushi as well. When my lady got up to go to the bathroom, her roommate tells me that she thinks about me alot and talks about me, well that was good to know. After finishing up the meal, we were trying to decide what to do, since the movie theater and bowling alley don't accept visa and my card won't work at the atm, we were trying to figure out what to do, since there was a grocery store there, which I knew my card would work at, we go there, she wants to get cake and her something to drink...

So as we were looking at the cakes she picks out the one that she wants and was waiting for the lady to get the cake, I go off with her roommate to get the drink, we go down the liquor aisle and we go and get a bottle of good ol JD. LOL. I just laugh. We go back and meet up with my lady who was still waiting for the cake.

Well after getting the cake we go up to the register and pay. And head back over to their apt, again she steps out onto the edge of the road and we get a ride. When we get back to their apt, she shows me around and I get a picture of the outside scene from the balcony.

Well the night ended with us and her roommate and roommates mother having cake and some light drinking of JD. It was a good time, she walked me downstairs and as we waited for the taxi to arrive we talked for a little bit longer and then I left.

On the way back to the apartment, I was thinking, things were going great and that she thinks that I am leaving on the 30th, so I am going to suprise her by telling her that I am going to extend my stay to have more time with her. Now as far as my backup plan, well I am not the type of person to go running around behind someone's back so I won't be needing to use that plan at all.

felix8787

« Last Edit: December 29, 2008, 10:44:00 PM by felix8787 »

Offline Shadow

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2008, 01:57:08 AM »
Actually it's Arabic, and means My love ;).
Habibi (in Arabic with a sharp gh and in Turkish with a soft h) means 'my darling' and can be used in a broader sense as just 'my love'.

To learn Arabic for a Turkish boyfriend would be a waste, as it will cover only 40% of the language origin. Learning Armenian would be more useful.
No it is not a dog. Its really how I look.  ;)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2008, 06:38:43 AM »
Habibi (in Arabic with a sharp gh and in Turkish with a soft h) means 'my darling' and can be used in a broader sense as just 'my love'
Habibii حَبيبي is a word that literally means my beloved (masc.; the feminine form is habibati, colloquially habibti), from the adjective habib (beloved) and the possessive suffix ii (my). It is also used for heart's friend, darling, and similar endearments.
Milan's "Duomo"

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2008, 08:40:23 AM »

So as we were looking at the cakes she picks out the one that she wants and was waiting for the lady to get the cake, I go off with her roommate to get the drink, we go down the liquor aisle and we go and get a bottle of good ol JD. LOL. I just laugh. We go back and meet up with my lady who was still waiting for the cake.

Well after getting the cake we go up to the register and pay. And head back over to their apt, again she steps out onto the edge of the road and we get a ride. When we get back to their apt, she shows me around and I get a picture of the outside scene from the balcony.

Well the night ended with us and her roommate and roommates mother having cake and some light drinking of JD. It was a good time, she walked me downstairs and as we waited for the taxi to arrive we talked for a little bit longer and then I left.

Felix,

Enjoying your TR. Please keep it coming. I've never been to Ukraine but I can tell you that a bottle of JD in Siberia is quite expensive. They only carried 1/2 gallon bottles and if I remember correctly they cost 3550 RU. That was about $175.00 at the time. I remember thinking next trip I'll forget about bringing the wine and bring some JD.  I enjoy good bourbon but, when in Rome, so I limited myself to the native wines, vodkas and some of the spirits that I have no idea what they were. Most of which was highly potent.

Offline felix8787

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2008, 09:33:52 AM »

Felix,

Enjoying your TR. Please keep it coming. I've never been to Ukraine but I can tell you that a bottle of JD in Siberia is quite expensive. They only carried 1/2 gallon bottles and if I remember correctly they cost 3550 RU. That was about $175.00 at the time. I remember thinking next trip I'll forget about bringing the wine and bring some JD.  I enjoy good bourbon but, when in Rome, so I limited myself to the native wines, vodkas and some of the spirits that I have no idea what they were. Most of which was highly potent.

Faux Pas
When I was in Russia, I didn't even consider a bottle of JD, I was looking for vodka to bring back and then forgot LOL, but when I was in Ukraine and we were looking at the bottle's of JD, we got a 5th of JD and it cost IIRC about 255hrn which turned out to be 51US, so it wasn't that bad. What really got me was that she told me that her mother told her that she didn't want her to go to America and we haven't even discussed anything remotely close to that yet.

felix8787

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2008, 11:05:03 AM »
Faux Pas
When I was in Russia, I didn't even consider a bottle of JD, I was looking for vodka to bring back and then forgot LOL, but when I was in Ukraine and we were looking at the bottle's of JD, we got a 5th of JD and it cost IIRC about 255hrn which turned out to be 51US, so it wasn't that bad. What really got me was that she told me that her mother told her that she didn't want her to go to America and we haven't even discussed anything remotely close to that yet.

felix8787

I was surprised to see it on the shelves. I also found some of the same vineyards of California wine that I had brought on previous trips and they were not as overly expensive as the JD was. There was also Jose Cuervo Gold and it was about 4800 RU. I have been bringing back plenty of vodka or other stuff I am not sure what exactly it is. Although my friends here in the states haven't grasped the concept of shots of vodka and I cringe to mix them a cocktail with it but, do nonetheless.

On what her mother had told her, trust me here, that is a given when she is dating a foreign man whether you had discussed it or not. She in all likelihood is telling you to read between the lines. She likes you.

Offline felix8787

« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2008, 11:25:54 AM »
On what her mother had told her, trust me here, that is a given when she is dating a foreign man whether you had discussed it or not. She in all likelihood is telling you to read between the lines. She likes you.

I'll will tell the conclusion of what has transpired with her on the trip report  ;). Lets just say that I was caught off guard.

Offline CaptB

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2008, 02:22:58 PM »
Nice trip report.........don't keep us waiting too long for the next installment.
"A Yooper in Moscovia"

Offline felix8787

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2009, 05:41:16 PM »
I am going to make this the conclusion for the trip report, reason being is because nothing of interest transpired the rest of the time that I was in Kiev.

Day 6-12
Beginning of the 2nd week and my thoughts are good, just had a wonderful evening with my lady and hope that this last week that I am here will be better.

During my time here I was keeping in contact with my friend from Moldova and found out that he won't be able to make it here to hang out, but we still kept in touch and so things had changed a little from what I thought was going to happen while I was here. To say the least, my plans on this trip were to meet up with this lady, then meet up with my friend and then meet up with another lady.

Well since my friend couldn't make it and the other lady, well I guess there was a misunderstanding on my part and decided not to see her at that point in time and things were going so well, I thought "Why ruin this." And told her that I am going to extend my days here for her. Which BTW she liked.

So as a days went by, it was just casual meets after her work and then her going home back to her apartment, her work was keeping her so busy it was hard on her to make time, which she did which was nice.

During that week, in one of our meets I notice that her jacket that she wore had a big tear in the inside back part of it and decided to get her a new jacket. I walked all over looking for something that I would think that she liked and didn't find anything in the immediate area.

So I called my friend and she told me to go to this one place called "Darranik" I think this is how you say it, it was on the east side of Kiev across Dnepro river. This place reminds me of a indoor flea market but the quality of Leather Jackets is far better then that of what you would find here in the states but much more expensive also.

They had everything from regular jackets, leather jackets and fur coats. Needless to say I wasn't going to get something that was overly expensive, just something that I think that she would be happy with. I called up my friend Sveta and she met me and Sergi (taxi driver) there and we looked around for quite a while until I found something that was exceptable.

A couple of days later, she came over and I gave it to her, she was happy and thought it was beautiful BUT she wanted something that was more sporty and comfortable, which was fine, I told her that I will go back and see if I can get my money back for it.

So the next day, I called Sveta and told what was going on and she said that she will help me return the coat. Boy was she a god send because I was able to return the coat but I had to pay 30hrv to restock the coat which I was happy to do, while I was there, my lady called me up to see if the lady took the coat back and I told her yes, she then tells me to not to buy her anything and that we will go shopping for a coat together. That was fine by me.

Me and my friend had lunch and hung out for a bit and went with her to some shop, after that we parted and she went back to work. On the way back on the metro there was this guy who looked pretty haggard, was huffing from a plastic bag and getting high, then another older guy with glasses, stood in the middle of the aisle in the front and just started singing with a bag held out for money, then I saw some other younger guy hustling, selling children's book. I just stood there not thinking of anything and just thought that this must be normala here.

So later on that evening I met with my lady and went on a 2 hour spree of looking for a jacket, it was nice to be out and about with her, we went to alot of stores and she tried on damn near every jacket and of course she asked my opinion of what I thought, I told her lets look at more options before she makes a decision.

After going to this underground mall which was cool as hell over on kreshytek st (if I spelled it wrong, oh well) there were some jackets in there that were so so expensive, sorry but I'm not going to spend a boat load of money for a jacket, so I told her that I liked the one that she tried on at the first store, so we head back there she tried it on a few more times and asked me what do I think, I told her that I liked that one and with the cash that was left over, I told her to get a sweater and a shirt. After that we walk back slowly and sit at a bench and we talk.

After sitting for a bit we head back to the metro and I walk her home, she tells me how beautiful the jacket is and says that she appreciates what I have done. I tell her, as long as your happy I'm happy.

After taking her home I went back to my apartment and called it a night.

The next day Friday, she worked and we got together only very briefly because she was catching a ride with a friend back to her home city to be with her daughter and mother. So instead of getting coffee and relaxing for a bit, her friends tell her she needs to hurry so that they can go, so we rushed back to her place, on the way there we talk about a gift for her daughter and says she doesn't have enough time to go shopping for a gift, but there was a little toy store there and we go inside, she couldn't make up her mind as to what to get her daughter, so I go and look around a bit and I then asked her what she is going to get her and she says she doesn't know. SO, I made the decision and got her daughter this cell phone toy and jewelry and a paint set, I was more then happy to get this, as we were walking back she tells me that her daughter will so happy to get these toys, I told that as long as she was happy and her daughter happy then I was happy and she gripped my hand even tighter and we hurried back to the apartment.

Back at the apt we had cake and coffee and she gives me 2 gifts, a coffee mug with her picture with hearts and arrows going through them and cupid, also a mouse pad with a picture of her and her daughter with hearts.
I was touched that she did this and I am thinking to myself wow, this was totally unexpected. After she got ready, I carried her big duffel bag on the way to the metro and all the way to the bus stop of where she needed to be. I was pretty dragging as I didn't really want her to leave just yet but there was no way I was going to tell her not to go.

At the bus stop, we stand there, I was holding her, her head was on my chest, we didn't saying anything until the bus came, we kissed and I helped her up on the bus and handed her, her bag. I walk back over to the sidewalk and I stand there watching her, and she is sitting there watching me, we both were looking at each other for a long while and then she motions for me to not wait for her, I signal it's ok, as the bus was leaving I notice that she turned around still looking at me.

That is the last time that I will ever see her.

Saturday, I get up pretty late and I remember that the girl that I met through my friend wanted to hang out, Sergi wasn't around, he went out of town to see his mom. So I met up with Sveta and at bizarre that she started and hung out with her and her son all day, I helped her son put together this shelving unit and got to meet the neighboring bizarre owners, they were a jolly bunch of ladies and a younger one there.

Sveta introduced me to them as her American friend....and that was all she wrote it was like a party, taking pictures, offering me food, I went and got piva, took some pictures of them and just hung out, I had this tasty sandwich, more like a gyro, for 3 bucks that thing was huge and I had 2 of them, one for lunch and one for dinner. It was dark out now and it was time to go, her son was trying to teach me some Russian words and I picked them up pretty quickly and he told me that I'm a good student. Sveta gave me a ride home and on the way back, Irina calls and asked me how my day went and I told her, how my day went, she then tells me to call her before I leave Ukraine and I told her that I will.

When I got back to the apt, I called my other female friend but her phone was off and I just hung out at the apt the rest of the evening.

Sunday morning, time to get going, it was still early, so I decided to take a walk and take in the Ukrainian air one more time before I leave and just remember my time here.

I ran into the flower lady where I got the flowers from when I first got there and we spoke for a while and she tells me that she is signing up with an agency to meet someone...lol...how ironic! As we were talking, I hear something like a crash but it wasn't, me and the flower look at the road and apparently this car came by and hit another car and took off the side mirror.

The owner of the car that got hit and another guy were pissed and the short stocky guy grabbed a bottle from the ground and was walking towards the other car, who had stopped and did a U turn and went back and did another U turn facing the 2 guys again, so the car pulls up and the passenger gets out trying to apologize for what had happened, it turned into a shoving match, 2 guys against 1, then it got violent, fist were flying and it was 9am...WOW, and I thought the excitement would be at night. The other car came up and tried to run into the guys who were somewhat beating up the other guy, the other passenger got back into the car and they hauled a$$.

Me and the flower lady just shrugged our shoulders and I told her that I had to go and left, Sveta met me at the apartment and she took me to this store, that was just like Wal Mart, that is where I bought 3 bottles of Vodka and chocolate as gifts and stuffed the bottles in my pant legs and buried them in clothes so they wouldn't break.

On the way there, I really really didn't want to leave, but I knew that I had to, I had such a good time there, that I didn't want it to end just yet, Sveta tells me that she has no problem not taking me to the airport and that I can stay with her.....LOL, I told her that as much as I would like to stay I have to go.

At the airport, she dropped me off and we hugged and she says goodbye, I go inside and check in, I step back out and called my lady and tell her that I am at the airport, we talk for a while more then I head inside and wait to get on the plane, when I get on the plane.........SUPRISE!!!!!!! The captin decides it's time to refuel the plane and delays the flight about 2 hours...Guess what, that automatically makes me miss my flight....how effen wonderful.

When I got to paris, I was the first to talk to airline operator, she told me that I can catch a flight to NY back but I would have to pay for my own hotel, but if I stay in Paris, they would put me up in a hotel, free dinner and breakfast....WTH, that's better then nothing, so I ended up staying the night in Paris....oh yeah, before I forget, I got a text from my female friend and she thought that I was leaving on Monday instead of Sunday and wanted to see me before I left. Oh well, we texted some more until I ran out of LIFE minutes, the food was good for dinner and breakfast, french buffet mm mm.

Back to the airport and as I was standing there smoking a cigarette, I was looking inside and this african guy was going ballistic about something and 2 other african folks were holding him back, because he was trying to attack another guy who was also being held back. So the first guy was saying something and grabbed the other persons cell and slammed it on the ground shattering it, that's when all hell broke loose and the people who were holding them back, just let got and let them go at it.......Hell yeah, nothing like a fight in the morning to get the blood stirred up LOL.

Fight lasted for a good 3 minutes, there wasn't any good punches thrown or landed, but the bigger guy did slam the other on the ground and got on top and was getting ready to go to town on the other guys face until security came and bum rushed him off...LOL. I went back inside and there was screaming all over the place by the 2 guys who fought. What an exciting time I had within the last 24hrs...A fight in the middle of the street, a stupid layover because the captin didn't have enough fuel and then a fight at the airport. I should of took video of it....LOL

To be continued, got to go to work, I will finish up when I get back.

felix8787
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 08:40:46 PM by felix8787 »

Offline felix8787

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2009, 08:49:16 PM »
Well I'm back home now and things didn't turn out the way that I thought it would be, I still kept in contact with my lady but only for a short period of time, then I get an email saying that she doesn't know what she wants to do with her life and she's not ready to leave Ukraine and doesn't think that she will ever be. That it's not my fault that she really enjoyed our time together and appreciates everything that I have done. But that she still wants to be friends.

Oh well, such as it is, I will have good memories of her and our time together.

I haven't talked to her in a while, but I have no reason to anymore, I have moved on, to someone else that IMO is and could be a better potential partner (the one that I was suppose to meet while I was in Kiev)...Hence my next trip in March.

felix8787

One thing sorry for the extremely long delay, I just have been so freaking busy here, not to mention that I leave for bootcamp right after I get back from my trip.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541387
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2512
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 2424
Total: 2434

+-Recent Posts

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:36:35 AM

Re: Navigating the longest story ever told by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:18:56 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Stirlitz
Yesterday at 02:12:24 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 01:56:55 AM

Re: The Struggle For Ukraine - Senate just passed the Bill! by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 07:07:31 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 11:31:49 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Manny
April 23, 2024, 11:07:15 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
April 23, 2024, 09:50:04 AM

Re: international travel by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:20:37 AM

Re: Trippin........... by 2tallbill
April 23, 2024, 08:06:00 AM