It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: BiilyB's 'research' Trench's 'fawning admiration' re RW's TR to Odesa  (Read 25702 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Rather than ruin RW's TR - I thought it might be a good idea for us to comment on 'issues' arising on a separate thread ? ..

Well you do at least support my position then that Ukraine is a country with many poor people, something some on here earlier was disputing ;)

Selective reading, (AGAIN) Trench?  Specific examples of those doing better - who were in the company of our RW doesn't make Ukraine 'rich' - there ARE those who are extraordinary wealthy compared to most ...

I'd not be too quick to use BillyB's 'research' to back up your contentions ...

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:21:07 AM by msmob »

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Re: BiilyB's 'research' Trench's 'fawning admiration' re RW's TR to Odesa
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 02:08:25 AM »
 :applause: :thumbsup:
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline msmob

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 02:14:57 AM »
I have a low opinion of guys that BS about making the journey and never do too Moby, they just have no balls and are full of BS totally unworthy.

I think Billy is making an important contribution here, he is showing us new starters and those a little into it but still no real experienced the type of woman to go for. I have turned up three that were despite their flaws honest enough in that they were no direct scammers. Its handy though fo someone like Billy that has really made it and married to a good Ukrainian girl to show us the sorts of girls & their qualities we should look for. I'm grateful for him taking the time out to do this.

You simply contradict yourself in paragraphs 1 and 2

BillyB's 'research ' is more about his self gratification and boredom while his missus' was back in Ukraine ... 

IF you thought, before hitting post - you'd realise that for BillyB's 'research' to be accurate - he must lie to gain the 'test subjects' '  attention ? ....

Offline JayH

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 02:15:37 AM »
:applause: :thumbsup:

Maybe all his posts in every thread should be here !
After all -- they all repeatedly show what an idiot he actually is .
There is a simple theme-- Trench thinks he knows better than EVERYONE  else -regardless.

Now we have the spectacle of Trench deciding BillyB knows what he is talking about   -- which for anyone reading it should be clear he has little actual first hand experience-- and knows even less about agencies.
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 04:15:03 AM »
Well you do at least support my position then that Ukraine is a country with many poor people, something some on here earlier was disputing ;)

What you say may be true Boethius but as BillyB said that's fine if they want to do that but he just chooses not to go to those that do agency work for a lifetime partner. In other words yes it may be a necessity in some cases but it often means the girl in the process may make herself no good, possibly they may be ones that still are - a matter for debate, but me as a guy wanting to find a life partner do I really want to waste time & money wading through a swamp of bad girls hoping to find the one good one or surround myself with good non-agency girls and increase my odds dramatically.

From my perspective the latter is likely to pay off better for me and as said earlier with an agency girl I would have no way of knowing if she was decent, just playing me or decent but might later fall back into old ways until way down the line, essentially too late. Why do I want to go into this with that added bother when I don't have to, like said its messing yourself up before you begin.

Its natural for you to want to defend Ukrainian girls, life can no doubt be harsh out there but life can get hard if time & money is spent getting with the wrong girl for the guy. After all guys don't ask girls to sh*t up there search but regularly they do even when the guy has made it evident that he is after a real relationship and family just for the girls own selfish ends.They seem to have no comprehension that, 'hey this guy is really looking for Miss Right and I'm selfishly taking up his limited time by getting in the way of that because I want to make a few bucks out of him' and these girls with hang onto a bloke not just for a bit but a long, long way.

It is a poor country, overall. But that doesn't mean people who claim to be making lots of cash are lying.

Odesa is the drug gateway to Europe. Of course there's a lot of money there.  But it's not distributed evenly.

It's not a defence on my part. It's about understanding the society and seeing things from both sides.

Your last point goes back to my original point on morality. You see things solely from one side. Look at it from the Ukrainian perspective. For over two decades, mostly middle aged, bloated men have appeared in the country throwing a few dollars with the goal of bedding a much younger woman. Often, decades younger. Don't you believe that jades the locals?
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:44:04 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 05:23:27 AM »
It is a poor country, overall. But that doesn't mean people who claim to be making lots of cash are lying.

Odesa is the drug gateway to Europe. Of course there's a lot of money there.  But it's not distributed evenly.

It's not a defence on my part. It's about understanding the society and seeing things from both sides.

Your last point goes back to my original point on morality. You see things solely from one side. Look at it from the Ukrainian perspective. For over two decades, mostly middle aged, bloated men have appeared in the country throwing a few dollars with the goal of bedding a much younger woman. Often, decades younger. Don't you believe that jades the locals?

There are those primarily in Kivy/Kiev and Odesa/Odessa who earn by any criteria a fair bit of money, they are the exception to the general population. Whether they earn there money by legal means is another discussion. But for at least the last seven years the middle class has been shrinking. As we have seen repeatedly seen on Travel Reports if one avoids the ex-pat circle the cost of living even in Kivy/Kiev or Odesa/Odessa are considerably lower than the West of Europe or North America.

As for the most drugs in Europe entering through Ukraine? I doubt it I assume most drugs for Western Europe prefer the warm welcome provided by Rotterdam.

The majority of 'bloated men' have gotten down the road there comeuppance. It is not so much morality as reality hidden behind justice.

Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline rw_recruiter

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 05:28:14 AM »
As for the most drugs in Europe entering through Ukraine? I doubt it I assume most drugs for Western Europe prefer the warm welcome provided by Rotterdam.

I believe most if it is now run through Africa and up into Spain. Was reading a briefing on it the other day. But yes, Rotterdam to the North.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 07:46:03 AM »
There are those primarily in Kivy/Kiev and Odesa/Odessa who earn by any criteria a fair bit of money, they are the exception to the general population. Whether they earn there money by legal means is another discussion. But for at least the last seven years the middle class has been shrinking. As we have seen repeatedly seen on Travel Reports if one avoids the ex-pat circle the cost of living even in Kivy/Kiev or Odesa/Odessa are considerably lower than the West of Europe or North America.

I know that from personal experience. MIL lives 10 minutes from the city centre in Kyiv. Yet people don't walk at night because of crime. Unemployment is extremely high.

There's a lot written on this in the Ukrainian press. It on occasion makes its way to the Western press.

Here are a few articles that mention it.

http://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/bn5b74/how-the-invasion-of-ukraine-is-shaking-up-the-global-crime-scene-1106

http://www.porttechnology.org/news/odessa_port_seizes_60_million_worth_of_cocaine_in_ukraines_biggest_bust

http://www.cafebabel.co.uk/politics/article/a-city-in-between-wars-odessa-and-the-challenges-facing-its-new-governor.html

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 07:57:50 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 09:30:45 AM »
I know that from personal experience. MIL lives 10 minutes from the city centre in Kyiv. Yet people don't walk at night because of crime. Unemployment is extremely high.

In Kiev I have walked to the local supper markets that are 24/7 open at all hours and not felt(sensed) or expeirenced any problems.

There's a lot written on this in the Ukrainian press. It on occasion makes its way to the Western press.

Here are a few articles that mention it.

http://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.vice.com/amp/en_us/article/bn5b74/how-the-invasion-of-ukraine-is-shaking-up-the-global-crime-scene-1106

http://www.porttechnology.org/news/odessa_port_seizes_60_million_worth_of_cocaine_in_ukraines_biggest_bust

http://www.cafebabel.co.uk/politics/article/a-city-in-between-wars-odessa-and-the-challenges-facing-its-new-governor.html

Looking at the first article it is an op-editorial with no supporting documentation.

60 million seized in America is no big deal anymore - for what it is worth I recall Canada seized some 400 million late last year in a single 'bust'. But the assumption that a large percentage of heroin is flowing through Ukraine makes sense.

The last article is two year old and Saakashvili is no longer leader of the Odesa Oblast. But the core problem of corruption remains. Bear in mind the conviction for drug trafficking in Ukraine is heavy (a long prison term).
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 09:36:04 AM by BdHvA »
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline wallm

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 10:03:58 AM »

Unemployment is not high among hookers.  :P

On one trip I had rented an apartment near Gulliver in Kiev. I was approached every night by hookers and others offering me fun and handing me a card. Eew....

Offline Boethius

« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2017, 12:31:43 PM »
In Kiev I have walked to the local supper markets that are 24/7 open at all hours and not felt(sensed) or expeirenced any problems.

Looking at the first article it is an op-editorial with no supporting documentation.

60 million seized in America is no big deal anymore - for what it is worth I recall Canada seized some 400 million late last year in a single 'bust'. But the assumption that a large percentage of heroin is flowing through Ukraine makes sense.

The last article is two year old and Saakashvili is no longer leader of the Odesa Oblast. But the core problem of corruption remains. Bear in mind the conviction for drug trafficking in Ukraine is heavy (a long prison term).

The articles were not meant to be a treatise, just a snapshot.  This is covered routinely in the Ukrainian press, which is where my information comes from.

The 60 million bust in Odesa was by chance.  The 400 million bust in Canada was after an over year long extensive investigation, and was the largest drug bust in the Ontario Provincial Police's history.

Drug trafficking sentences are long in Canada and the US.  That doesn't stop it.

Putting Saakashvili in charge of the most corrupt city in Ukraine truly was putting the fox in charge of the hen house.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 12:36:42 PM by Boethius »

Offline Jumper

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2017, 12:46:41 PM »
BillyB's right its further down the line you have to be able to trust a woman, how could you possibly trust a woman that has made deceiving men her life's work. Just like showing a girl how wealthy you are your buggering yourself before you've even begun, you'll only know if she's decent enough until she's with you a long time and has proven herself worthy but with an agency girl she could take you for all its worth instead - not even a educated risk but a much greater risk than normal, a foolish one even. Odds are her attitude could change after second or third visit as she starts to tire of RW and fall back into old ways or she may hold out for big payout down the line.

Part of what I have learnt from recent experience is the necessity of getting the method right by not tripping myself up by making foolish mistakes such as letting on about wealth or going for a girl that mixes in the wrong circles such as agency sorts. I agree with Billy looking for a good girl is of paramount importance all other paths are just gambling with my time and money which is foolish in itself.

TC-

I'm not here to defend the actions of bad agencies or bad agency girls.
Girls mind you,not women.

I will say that billys and your outlook is  good advice, but also inaccurate.

It's coming from the assumption ALL agency girls deceive, wrangle gifts and money from innocent unsuspecting  foreign men.

Yes I agree to stay away from ppl agencies.
Why?
Well here ya go.

I live in a glass house  but I'm not afraid to address the elephant in that room.

A very very small percent of women at a ppl agency ,get the vast majority of attention.out of that percentage yes quite a few hot young women are mercenary.
Youth equates to beauty as a generality,  and middle aged guys chasing young hot skirt are the majority that get burned.
They would get burned at home chasing local truly hot 20yo's old as well 9 times out of ten (because if interested,her interest would be mercenary )
His friends and family locally woukd all tell him it's a fools gamecwith low odds of sincerity.
So he thinks it will be different in kyiv or odesa?
Why? Because she's poor? Really great thinking Lol

Sorry the general rule that no  young true hottie has any real sincere interest in an older guy holds anywhere anytime, anything else is an exception.

That doesn't mean the mecernary 20yo agency girl gets a free pass in her actions.
Nor does the guy 20 to 30 years older ger a free pass for not knowing better.he does.

As far as agency compared to free sites, there are plenty of Scammers on free sites too.
If you think for one second a 20yo smokinhotkova off a free site, showing interest  in a decades older guy, isn't just as likely to be mercenary as any agency hottie (or local girl) you're mistaken.

So vast majority if crash and burns at such suspect agencies , is over a METHODOLOGY,  of a guy chasing a girl out of his league.

This methodology, wouldn't be enerally successful in his home town,  at a free site of fsu women, or with fsu women he met at the park.

If he dated fsu women his age, in relative attractiveness to his looks and and status, it would not matter if he met them off a ppl site ,a free site or the park,we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

So to think the crappy ppl.sites,are the real heart if the issue cracks me up.
The mens expectations are.

They travel to a poor economy, a culture and society  where corruption is a way of life and accepted as status quo, then think *where* they fid the woman has much bearing on any given woman's ethics.

:cluebat:

The reason guys should avoid ppl, is because they are like moths to the flame, they write the too ten hottest youest women, or as close to it as the personally dare, and wonder why there are issues.
they simply can't bring  themselves to correspond with the thousands and thousands  of women in just one city on such sites  they'd consider average.

I know a pile  in nikoleave that are quite attractive, early to late 30s and never ger a sincere letter.in 3 or 4 years. They then typical give up,as they never really felt it possible anyway.
To label all  agency girls as unethical , over the percent thst are mecenary,is silly.

To wade through the ppl bad agency crap,we say is too tough.
Its,only too tough because men are men.

I married someone 19 years younger, and breathtakingly beautiful inside and out, so admit the glass house  .
My wife was 28 when we met.
So dont take it harsh ,I'm throwing pebbles not stones!

But I don't hide behind crappy excuses,or blame mercenary girls for any failure of my own.
I own my actions,every one of them. poor or not,  and frankly had no problems telling a good person from a mercenary one.

If I did not,  I'd have mitigated my losses and  taken my lumps.
In fact I'd have probably felt
*good on ya girl* and know I was as culpable as she, and just moved on.

It's about attitude.
Its about realistic expectations,
And it's about knowing what you have to offer as a partner
( very little of that worth is measured financially)

I've made decent money some years ad zero some years,means nothing.
My wife has worked ,and would gladly carry us, if I was unable to at any given time.She's never had to ,but the attitude of a team, a partnership in life as a family is fundamental to how she thinks,reacts, lives. As long as its a husband she loves and respects this is typical of an  FSU woman s mentality .

So guys going on  about a subset of 20 yo smokinhotkovas, being totally mercenary, is actually a bit amusing .

These are not the guys a model looking 20 to 25yo NYC or LA socialite is regularly dating, and within that group of girls  ,there is a pretty good percent of mercenary status climbers.

So yeap guys should avoid flying to NyC to meet them, unless buying  very high end items is their idea if true romance right?

« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 03:27:07 PM by Jumper »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
Unemployment is not high among hookers.  :P

On one trip I had rented an apartment near Gulliver in Kiev. I was approached every night by hookers and others offering me fun and handing me a card. Eew....

That is again due to poverty.  There's been a significant upswing in prostitution since Maidan, given the government's cuts in social benefits to single mothers, and the devaluation of the hryvnia.  Single mothers now get the equivalent of $58 a month.  Utilities for most apartments would be around $25 a month, and that's a subsidized price. 

Offline msmob

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2017, 02:12:44 PM »

There's nobody on this forum who dated more older women than I have.

BillyB

I don't now whether you mean older than you or older women in general - but I don't know why you post such daft things.... you simply cannot know what our members got up to and may be chose to to discuss / disclose ..

I don't discriminate on age. I don't read women's profiles so I write to women 17 and up depending on if they are beautiful in my eyes.

There's that use of present tense - again ...   It seems you simply cannot stay away from dating sites )) 

A person is considered an adult at the age of 17 in the FSU and in some places list themselves on dating sites.

No, in both Ukraine, Russia and Belarus the age of majority is 18 - As you confirmed -  to marry under this age - you need parental approval

There is NO way I'd have given my daughters approval to marry so young - and esp a much " 'older git " - even if it mean they did it anyway on their achieving majority ..  WHY ?  Because most of us remember how 'mature'  we were at 17

I'm thinking BillyB's post will have more foreheads being slapped than nodding - ( male and female, FSU or not )   but he can feel free to delude himself  - as normal ! ))

I read it out to 4 ladies ( 3 FSU) and eyes rolled ... certainly no nodding ...   Great entertainment, BillyB   

Still you have the likes of Trench who hang on your every word ..  :D

Offline Boethius

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2017, 02:20:15 PM »
The age for marriage in Ukraine changed for females from 17 to 18 in 2012.  At some time, it was 16, can't recall when. 

ETA - I know the age for marriage in Ukraine used to be 16 for women.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 02:37:48 PM by Boethius »

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 02:59:42 PM »
The age for marriage in Ukraine changed for females from 17 to 18 in 2012.  At some time, it was 16, can't recall when. 

ETA - I know the age for marriage in Ukraine used to be 16 for women.

It's 18 here, but 16 and 17 year olds can marry with parental consent (same in Australia, except the court's, rather than the parent's, consent is needed).  Sex is legal from the age of 16 here, so there is no potential threat of an older partner being charged with statutory rape in such cases (as happens occasionally in some jurisdictions in the USA where the age of consent is 17 or 18).

Offline JayH

« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 04:24:27 PM »

I'm not here to defend the actions of bad agencies or bad agency girls.

What AJ and I have both attempted to do was to give a little insight into the website/agency/girls life and relationship .Previously -- both of us plus  Sasha & Jone have made extensive attempts to explain on forums real information. Note-- not stuff we have read --but real first hand exposure.

Understanding more --is the key to "beating" the system -- but no guarantee.
I have made the point that I do not think a guys chances are much better on so called "free" sites  -- and in a lot of ways -- worse !

What particularly irritates me is that some with very little first hand knowledge use the word "agency" as if all girls that sign up are ALL at the "worst" end of the scale .There is no doubt --that in the past ( & occasionally now) that there were plenty of sharks out there.That worked far better in a time where internet exposure was not so prevalent .

Now anyone that does basic research can learn about the business -- but as we all know-- we still get a procession on the forum who are still believing in what they see.Many make a post or two and disappear when they read a little reality.

What some guys completely miss- the consumer laws  that exist in some western countries -- are non existent in the FSU.  Or to put it another way --nothing to protect guys from their own stupidity.
The owners of the notorious sites have gone to a lot of trouble to keep themselves out of jurisdictions with consumer protection laws !!

What our Trenchcoat is intent on presuming is that he is entitled  to choose  a girl-- based on his misguided belief that he has something to offer .It embodies all the worst principles of seeking a partner from somewhere else.

Offline JayH

« Reply #17 on: September 16, 2017, 04:58:55 PM »
I had to repost this here--for all to see !!
This was directed to BillyB and sums up my thoughts too !!
Of note--is Trenchcoat agreeing with BB.

Anotherkiwi

Re: The Trump Doctrine
« Reply #3686 on: Today at 03:31:33 PM »

Has your brain taken a hike since your wife left for her holiday?  I've agreed with a lot of your stuff in the past, and occasionally defended you when nobody else would, but some of what you've been posting lately is truly bizarre.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 07:43:05 PM »

I will say that billys and your outlook is  good advice, but also inaccurate.

It's coming from the assumption ALL agency girls deceive, wrangle gifts and money from innocent unsuspecting  foreign men.

I've never said ALL agency girls deceive.

Girls that get paid to chat, write letters, and go on dates with men deceive.

Girls that take men shopping without being in a relationship with them deceive.

Girls that ask men they never met to Western Union them money deceive.

If a girl finds her dream man, she wouldn't insult him by asking for money or take him shopping because she doesn't want to risk losing him. For the men she doesn't care about, a deceptive woman will separate them from their money.

Of note--is Trenchcoat agreeing with BB.

Big deal. I told Trenchcoat his last two girls weren't right. He hung around them too long and wasted time off his life. I was right. He took it like a man and is learning. You and a few others here have your panties all bunched up. Hard for you guys to take it like a man wearing panties. You seem to want to be the resident expert on marriage agencies when you have the least amount of time around women. Doesn't make sense. Try to get out of the friend zone with women and get some real experience.

Hey JayH, what's the rumors about me behind PM's saying? Don't bother. I'm not into drama and babushka like gossip. I'm glad you don't like me. I wouldn't want to be receiving your PM's complaining about others and talking about which people hurt your feelings. Grow up JayH.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Nat

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 10:43:06 AM »
Speaking of Ukraine being poor, and also drug dealers etc :) ))))) (there are so many experts on this question here, pardon my intrusion in the discussion :) )))) don't forget, that not only criminals are rich in modern Ukraine :) )) Those who work in IT get outstanding salaries by Ukrainian (and also USA, I believe) standards. A junior developer gets 3000USD a month (the tax is only 5% for IT), a senior developer can get as much as 6-8k USD. Lower positions like QA stuff get 1000-1500 USD, which makes you an upper layer of middle class in Ukraine.

PS: Could you please catch me up on one thing: is Trenchcoat BillyB's gf/wife? :) I haven't been around for a while so the last thing I remember about BillyB is his amazing trip report a couple of years ago which kept me gripped for like many evenings (as well as multiple fights around it) :) ))))))))))))) - Ok, got it, Trenchcoat is not the RW who's writing the report, then can somebody give me a link to the report which is discussed, pls? :) )))))
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 10:50:45 AM by Nat »

Offline Nat

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 12:39:16 PM »

You know, guys, this made me remember one thing. I sometimes watch a youtube channel of 2 girls who used to live in the USA and then relocated to China to work there as English teachers. It's quite interesting to watch their insights on cultural differences and all that stuff. But there was one video which was kinda revealing :) )) The girls were talking about the pros of living in China, and the main advantage they named was SAFETY :) ))) Which was kinda surprising, because knowing about the level of everything in China it's hard to imagine it to be a safe country. But I still remember the astonished facial expression of the girl from LA who kept saying: "Can you believe it, you can actually go by bus without being attacked, and you can walk at 10 pm and it's perfectly safe!" (it was eye-opening for me because I'd never think it's unsafe to use public transport in LA, btw).
I'm saying this because whether it's safe or not safe to walk around at night in Ukraine (it depends), it really has nothing to do with poverty, it's all about local culture, your personal behavior and a bit of luck.

« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:40:59 PM by Nat »

Offline Nat

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2017, 12:48:16 PM »

That is again due to poverty.  There's been a significant upswing in prostitution since Maidan, given the government's cuts in social benefits to single mothers, and the devaluation of the hryvnia.  Single mothers now get the equivalent of $58 a month.  Utilities for most apartments would be around $25 a month, and that's a subsidized price.

Oh, come on! I know mothers of two who knit toys and sell them on the Internet to European customers, making a lot of money, who give classes on Skype and make decent money, I know people cooking festive food for a lot of money, and there are a lot of people (both men and women) who left their low-paid jobs, did short-term courses and started working in IT, making a lot of money. Which means that there will always be someone who is eager to do nothing and just spread their legs for money (no, I'm being unfair to them, this is also hard work :))), and it has nothing to do with poverty. If you want to make money in Ukraine, you will find a way which won't insult your dignity, believe me. But of course it's easier to do nothing, complain and try to scam money out of people who want to feel like heroes coming and saving somebody from the depth of poverty and squalor :))))

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2017, 02:07:03 PM »
...But I still remember the astonished facial expression of the girl from LA who kept saying: "Can you believe it, you can actually go by bus without being attacked, and you can walk at 10 pm and it's perfectly safe!" (it was eye-opening for me because I'd never think it's unsafe to use public transport in LA, btw).

Understand that in LA, the vast majority of people who uses 'public transportation' belong to people in the lower rung of our society. Especially at night. I'm not saying they are all 'bad' people, but the chances of riding along with some sketchy folks is pretty darn high. Even in places like 'parks or natural terrain' where a lot of women use to exercise/run, the risk of sexual assault or molestation is pretty high.

This is another of a doozie for you to correlate - think of a US city that's generally 'progressive' and you can easily surmise a higher rate of criminality and lawlessness. Interesting too, that many of these cities are 'home' to most of our 1-%er.

Quote from: nat
Oh, come on! I know mothers of two who knit toys and sell them on the Internet to European customers, making a lot of money, who give classes on Skype and make decent money, I know people cooking festive food for a lot of money, and there are a lot of people (both men and women) who left their low-paid jobs, did short-term courses and started working in IT, making a lot of money. Which means that there will always be someone who is eager to do nothing and just spread their legs for money (no, I'm being unfair to them, this is also hard work, and it has nothing to do with poverty. If you want to make money in Ukraine, you will find a way which won't insult your dignity, believe me. But of course it's easier to do nothing, complain and try to scam money out of people who want to feel like heroes coming and saving somebody from the depth of poverty and squalor

Poverty is the 'default' excuse for criminal activities used in the US, so why not Ukraine?  :P

As for Chinese (or Asian) in our society - they are generally the least criminal offender, the most graduating students, the least in welfare or government assistance program, mostly enters in varying professional careers- if not small business owners, etc...so I can agree and understand your observation you mentioned.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2017, 02:31:11 PM »
Using public Transport in FSU nations does not carry the stigma attached in some US cities and I have never been bothered in BY, UA, RU on a bus or metro ....   

Offline Gator

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2017, 02:58:46 PM »
As for Chinese (or Asian) in our society - they are generally the least criminal offender, the most graduating students, the least in welfare or government assistance program, mostly enters in varying professional careers- if not small business owners, etc...so I can agree and understand your observation you mentioned.

The Pacific Asians collectively have been the best group of immigrants in America since the waves of European immigrants.  Some could argue they are better than the Europeans.  The Asian people exhibit a high degree of respect, tolerance and self-reliance.   

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1970
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM