It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: My view of the war  (Read 240868 times)

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #400 on: September 18, 2014, 02:42:06 PM »
It seems clear to me that forcing/enabling the ouster of Assad is very high on priority list for the USA for some screwed up reason.  Long term I'd expect the mission to create more problems (indirect and direct) for us then it solves.
Fathertime!

So Assad deserves our sympathy?

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
My view of the war
« Reply #401 on: September 18, 2014, 02:49:07 PM »
It seems clear to me that forcing/enabling the ouster of Assad is very high on priority list for the USA for some screwed up reason.  Long term I'd expect the mission to create more problems (indirect and direct) for us then it solves.
Fathertime!

Yeah, well, power to the sheeples.

You know why we insisted to be *in* Syria in our apparent battle with ISIS now, don't you? Forget the whole 'respect for territorial borders' our stupid DC clowns are trumpeting around. You got to know that whole things is just for show to begin with.

$500 million dollars to arm and support Al Qaeda to topple over Bashar Asaad. That's much cheaper than what we've invested in Ukraine and we didn't even have to hand out cookies...technically, we're getting a bargain there.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:17:29 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #402 on: September 18, 2014, 02:54:50 PM »
Nah, not for viewing in my country (US) it says

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #403 on: September 18, 2014, 02:59:17 PM »
$500,000.00 millions dollars to arm and support Al Qaeda to topple over Bashar Asaad. That's much cheaper than what we've invested in Ukraine and we didn't even have to hand out cookies...technically, we're getting a bargain there.

Do you have receipts? 

Offline fathertime

• Trips: > 10
My view of the war
« Reply #404 on: September 18, 2014, 03:02:26 PM »
So Assad deserves our sympathy?
Why do you draw a conclusion regarding sympathy?   

The USA doesn't have to have sympathy for him, but actively attempting to have him ousted or killed is not our duty. 

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #405 on: September 18, 2014, 03:05:33 PM »
Do you have receipts?

My 1040. I know not all Americans pay taxes.  :rolleyes:
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #406 on: September 18, 2014, 03:09:40 PM »
My 1040. I know not all Americans pay taxes.  :rolleyes:

Another side ways insult?  Do you want to see my tax returns?  Message me when you want want to meet up

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #407 on: September 18, 2014, 03:12:14 PM »
Why do you draw a conclusion regarding sympathy?   

You can speak plainly or you can be coy.

The USA doesn't have to have sympathy for him, but actively attempting to have him ousted or killed is not our duty. 

Fathertime!

The US is a big country and is likely to have stronger opinions about the legality of pot brownies, the personals NFL players and gay marriage than Assad.

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #408 on: September 18, 2014, 03:28:35 PM »
You can speak plainly or you can be coy.

Well you are the one asking strange questions about "sympathy"  I have given you a response, if you are dissatisfied that's ok.  I thought the question was odd.

Fathertime!

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #409 on: September 18, 2014, 03:34:54 PM »

$500,000.00 millions dollars to arm and support Al Qaeda to topple over Bashar Asaad. That's much cheaper than what we've invested in Ukraine and we didn't even have to hand out cookies...technically, we're getting a bargain there.

We shouldn't expect the larger nations to abide by rules we impose when we routinely do whatever we want as if we are the judge of the world.   I find it remarkable that we would even continue to try to make these demands of others given our own actions.

Fathertime!

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #410 on: September 18, 2014, 03:43:43 PM »
Well you are the one asking strange questions about "sympathy"  I have given you a response, if you are dissatisfied that's ok.  I thought the question was odd.

Fathertime!

Since you are not plain spoken, I will be so on Assad.

I could care less.  The bastard killed a lot of my brothers and sisters in Iraq.  But ever since the other guy won re-election, I have checked out of US politics altogether. They are on their own and I am going in a different direction.  Do I think Assad is more important than pop culture?  Sure I do.  But right now Assad will not kill my family in Ukraine (or in the US.)  We have more important problems like $ 4 ground beef, $ 3 milk and gas.  American children who can't read.  I am sympathetic to some of your arguments (your less anti-American ones).  I put a lot of my life for this country and it breaks my heart that more Americans care about how round Kim Kardasian's a## is compared our national debt or the strength or our dollar, business climate, etc etc etc. 

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #411 on: September 18, 2014, 04:33:45 PM »
We shouldn't expect the larger nations to abide by rules we impose when we routinely do whatever we want as if we are the judge of the world.   I find it remarkable that we would even continue to try to make these demands of others given our own actions.

Fathertime!

It's painfully obvious 'we couldn't give a rat's arse' what anyone else thinks of our arrogance and silly double standard mentality. That's likely borne out of our *generous attitude* being trumpeted so ignorantly in many sector of our society. Hell, we even declared and warned Iran from going into Iraq to help eliminate ISIS in Iraq as though we have the right to tell them so despite our engagement there. Iran has as much right to aid the Iraqi shi'ites and protecting their (Iran) national security by the threat of ISIS.

I can still remember so many people demonizing the US's foreign foray affairs until the conflict came knocking on their door. Now they wonder where we are?

We brought the middle east on our doorsteps and looks like they're here for a while. Now we've been trying to get central and eastern Europeans, too.

Do you remember this...?

There's a part of me that believes Obama doesn't want any part of destabilizing Ukraine all along, nor fiddling NATO into that country, but Hillary isn't with him on this...which is likely a huge reason why she quit when Obama got re-elected then declared they have a huge difference when it came to foreign affairs.

I'm sure if it was up to Hillary, we'd already be in this stupid war in Ukraine. That's exactly the same attitude Slick Willy had in Yugoslavia. Hillary was heavily engaged on those embassy cables with Kiev and Poroshenko since she became State Secretary.

Who knows...
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 04:35:28 PM by GQBlues »

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #412 on: September 18, 2014, 04:42:14 PM »
Who knows...

We know who doesn't know

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #413 on: September 18, 2014, 05:59:30 PM »
Since you are not plain spoken, I will be so on Assad.

I could care less.  The bastard killed a lot of my brothers and sisters in Iraq.  But ever since the other guy won re-election, I have checked out of US politics altogether. They are on their own and I am going in a different direction.  Do I think Assad is more important than pop culture?  Sure I do.  But right now Assad will not kill my family in Ukraine (or in the US.)  We have more important problems like $ 4 ground beef, $ 3 milk and gas.  American children who can't read.  I am sympathetic to some of your arguments (your less anti-American ones).  I put a lot of my life for this country and it breaks my heart that more Americans care about how round Kim Kardasian's a## is compared our national debt or the strength or our dollar, business climate, etc etc etc.

We can call your post a swirling omnibus, as you covered many topics.   

So you don't care about Assad.  That's fine.  I don't really care very much about him personally.  My concern is related to the USA deciding to charge into another sovereign nation and remove their leader.  We have no mandate to this sorta thing.  Nevertheless if we do, it takes away from our ability to demand others abide by international norms/rules.    Although at this time we are very strong militarily, that doesn't give us authority to selectively enforce in ambiguous situations, always to our 3rd party 'worldwide opponents' ultimate disadvantage....but as I have said, if we are going to do this, then we should expect others to do the same. 

Regarding 'the other guy' that got elected.  I didn't vote for him, but he is our representative, so I damn well am going to do what I can, however small to try to keep him in check, and in some cases support his stances. 

That said, if nobody is around and a new photo of Kim Kardashion in a swim suit pops up, I often times will take a look.   

Fathertime!   

Offline fathertime

My view of the war
« Reply #414 on: September 18, 2014, 06:11:04 PM »
It's painfully obvious 'we couldn't give a rat's arse' what anyone else thinks of our arrogance and silly double standard mentality. That's likely borne out of our *generous attitude* being trumpeted so ignorantly in many sector of our society. Hell, we even declared and warned Iran from going into Iraq to help eliminate ISIS in Iraq as though we have the right to tell them so despite our engagement there. Iran has as much right to aid the Iraqi shi'ites and protecting their (Iran) national security by the threat of ISIS.

I can still remember so many people demonizing the US's foreign foray affairs until the conflict came knocking on their door. Now they wonder where we are?

We brought the middle east on our doorsteps and looks like they're here for a while. Now we've been trying to get central and eastern Europeans, too.

Do you remember this...?

There's a part of me that believes Obama doesn't want any part of destabilizing Ukraine all along, nor fiddling NATO into that country, but Hillary isn't with him on this...which is likely a huge reason why she quit when Obama got re-elected then declared they have a huge difference when it came to foreign affairs.

I'm sure if it was up to Hillary, we'd already be in this stupid war in Ukraine. That's exactly the same attitude Slick Willy had in Yugoslavia. Hillary was heavily engaged on those embassy cables with Kiev and Poroshenko since she became State Secretary.

Who knows...

This is the type of thing that happens, it is never usually NOT recorded...the implications being like an unwritten language between these country heads. 

Had Romney or Hillary been elected who knows what problems would have cropped up, maybe different ones, maybe worse, maybe not.  Overall Obama leans towards not intervening, and I like that. So despite the hatred he has received from many, he has made some individual decisions (or non-decisions) that I am also in favor of. 

It seems to me that we (the USA) are acting like pompous idiots in the middle east.  Dictating and trying to exclude Iran and Syria...when ISIS is basically right on top of them. Perhaps this is one issue that we could have agreed upon.   Countries like Syria have the right to have a big say in what goes on in their own territory...so us coming in there and giving orders isn't going to go over well now, or in the years to come....although that ridiculous
 1 billion dollar 'embassy' in Baghdad has to be protected at all costs.   :rolleyes:

Fathertime!   

lordtiberius

My view of the war
« Reply #415 on: September 19, 2014, 03:31:58 AM »
I didn't vote for Obama.  He finds man dates everywhere.

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #416 on: September 19, 2014, 07:45:32 AM »
Had Romney or Hillary been elected who knows what problems would have cropped up, maybe different ones, maybe worse, maybe not.  Overall Obama leans towards not intervening, and I like that. So despite the hatred he has received from many, he has made some individual decisions (or non-decisions) that I am also in favor of....

So now they found out that a terror threat against the US had been detected by the US intelligence as coming from Al Qaeda in Syria! LMAO! This is all starting to look like a moronic, if not comedic display of blatant stupidity. I suppose Al Qaeda could've waited for that 500 million dollars of arms and training first before making threats.

The US is supposed to be blocking all sources of financing to all these terror groups, LMAO, and our POTUS and DC clowns were convening to actually go and finance them ourselves.

Obama declared the war on terror is over. He took the all the troops out of Iraq despite stern warning from his military leaders...so now, look what we have.

It's no wonder NO countries want to participate in our circus with ISIS. Sure France did some work today (finally) but they're conducting air assault. What Obama wants, since he declared we are not sending ground troops, that other countries send their sons to correct his mistakes for him, LMAO! It seems everyone went home and pissed on his redline. Even Iraq doesn't want to have anything to do with his snafu.

He'll soon realize the only ground troops available to fight ISIS are the Iranians and Syrians. Hell maybe even Russia since Russia is allied to both Syria and Iran.

What was it again he called the global war on terror?  *Overseas Contingency Operation* LOL...whatever the fcok that means. Whoever voted for this *Acorn community organizer* need to be suited up and sent to fight ISIS, to be led by Hillarity Clinton and John 'Insane' McCain.

One thing that mystifies me though....how can a band of 20-30,000 militants that is ISIS, can take over all of Iraq in a much shorter time, and without air support - and even take over in Syria at the same time - while the US, with all the modern warfare weaponry and air superiority, plus 200,000+ could barely do so in almost a decade.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:45:58 AM by GQBlues »

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
My view of the war
« Reply #417 on: September 19, 2014, 08:06:00 AM »
Because you like to appear racist and a moron?

Fathertime!

GQ, didn't I tell you?

It's so predictable.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #418 on: September 19, 2014, 09:41:51 AM »
Yeah FT, Muzh was being sarcastic every time he uses the term. Hopefully, you were too when you called him that. There's only a few notables I can confidently hang that label to that posts in this forum.

Anyway, congrats to the Scots for an exemplary display of civility! Pwew! They almost caused the good Queen to skip her royal meal...

I need to read up on the details as to why David Cameron seem to suggest that there'll be a lot of adjustments and pains now that Scotland decided to remain with the union. I thought the result is greatly beneficial to England.

Hopefully this event will inspire the same with Spain and maybe Italy....eventually Hawaii and a few other *nations* still under rule by nations with *generous attitude*. I'd like to see Hawai'i become a free nation. Guam, too. The way Japan and the Philippines breed like rabbits, they're running out of space and need a few good islands to populate and Hawai'i is a darn good place to do that in. That is, if Mauna Loa and Kilauea could get busy and spew a few more tons of lava.

Besides, the way this Pacific plate is shifting, Hawai'i will soon be located along the coastal region of Vladivostok anyway and they'll all be *Russians* soon enough. Russian women absolutely loves Filipino boyz.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 09:43:25 AM by GQBlues »

Offline missAmeno

• Trips: No Selection
My view of the war
« Reply #419 on: September 19, 2014, 11:19:48 AM »

Today's news: Ukraine, Poland and Lithuania were united in military formation LITPOLUKRBRIG

History unites countries

Offline GQBlues

My view of the war
« Reply #420 on: September 19, 2014, 01:10:56 PM »
 :offtopic:

In light of Scotland's election for its independence...here's bit of a kicker in the US's longstanding fascination with secession courtesy of a job well done by our POTUS and our collective DC clowns.

Offline Muzh

My view of the war
« Reply #421 on: September 19, 2014, 01:30:45 PM »
:offtopic:

In light of Scotland's election for its independence...here's bit of a kicker in the US's longstanding fascination with secession courtesy of a job well done by our POTUS and our collective DC clowns.

Quote from: from the article
Anger with the Nigr President Barack Obama's handling of issues ranging from healthcare reform to the rise of Islamic State militants drives some of the feeling, with Republican respondents citing dissatisfaction with his administration as coloring their thinking.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline missAmeno

My view of the war
« Reply #422 on: September 19, 2014, 01:36:55 PM »
'Ceasefire in the Donbas, announced on 5th of September, was violated 480 times' told Yuriy Sergeyev, Ukraine's representative at the meeting of the UN Security Council.

"Every day we register violations of the ceasefire. It was violated 480 times. 100 Ukrainian soldiers were killed and 138 injured," - he said.

Offline missAmeno

My view of the war
« Reply #423 on: September 19, 2014, 01:58:18 PM »
Putin's schizophrenia is worsening day by day...

Putin considers plan to unplug Russia from the internet 'in an emergency'

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/19/vladimir-putin-plan-unplug-russia-internet-emergency-kremlin-moscow

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
My view of the war
« Reply #424 on: September 19, 2014, 02:05:05 PM »
The Kremlin is considering radical plans to unplug Russia from the global internet in the event of a serious military confrontation or big anti-government protests at home, Russian officials hinted on Friday.

Would it not be unplug the internet from Russia?
But either way.
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1966
Total: 1975

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM