It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439613 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?
« Reply #1425 on: March 26, 2020, 08:20:10 PM »
sure, he was from my tribe, he could read the wall like me as well

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1426 on: March 26, 2020, 10:31:27 PM »

I have been archery practicing with 3 different bows
a crossbow, a compound bow and a recurve bow

in the weapons cache I have fully legal Class III registered complete with Federal Stamp a fully automatic ak47 with a 75 round drum magazine!!!!
robbers beware

If somebody tries to steal your hoarded toilet paper and food, kill them quietly with a bow. If you shoot somebody, it will give away your location and as a result you will have to deal with a horde of people.

Cruise ship industry won't be getting a bailout by America. Companies headquarters are in Panama, Bermuda, and Liberia. Since they pay taxes to those nations, they can ask for a bailout from them.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/cruise-lines-early-source-of-coronavirus-infections-out-of-bailout-package/ar-BB11LAuE?ocid=spartanntp

I watch the video below to see some of the reasons the Relief bill took so long to pass. Many Democrats disappeared and refused to debate their proposals on the floor in front of a camera. I see why. They wanted to add a corporate diversity law putting quotas on corporate boards based on race and sex into the relief bill and eliminate the Postal Service's debt. They wanted Student loan forgiveness and add an election rule to make all States have same day voter registration. Probably because it benefits them. The Dems also want all airlines to go carbon neutral by 2025 if they want to benefit from the relief bill. Every airline has to tell passengers on every flight what the greenhouse emissions are too. They want to subsidize retirement plans for newspaper employees. Got to reward anti Trump journalists for their good work! $15 hr minimum wage. That's only good if you have a job of course. This is just a sample of 1400 pages of proposals the Dems tried to sneak in the relief bill. Lots of stuff in there that has nothing to do with the virus, protecting the economy, saving jobs and business, giving relief to the unemployed, and saving lives but hey, if you survive the virus you will live in a greener nation.

Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline IvanM07

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1427 on: March 26, 2020, 11:34:22 PM »
Hey everyone from Texas, I cleared mine was thankfully mild, as we've all learned doesn't matter a whole lot if you're young or old but I  didn't need a respirator and mostly had flu symptoms minus shortness of breath.

Good luck with recovery.   How have you quarantined yourself?  I suspect if anyone in my household gets it, we will all get it as everything is shared. 

Fathertime!

Crazily enough I was fine after 3 or so days. After that they followed up and didnt have any symptoms.

We were already approved to work remote and I had 4 extra weeks of PTO if I needed due to the virus but I continued after I got back to East Texas.

Thankfully in the suburban Hospital I went to it was early. Now? Man who knows... would be way worse with less attention.

Offline BC

« Reply #1428 on: March 27, 2020, 01:36:11 AM »
It's been 5 weeks since Italy started their lockdown and they are still reporting upticks in new infections and death with 712 dying today. Italy has also had 40 doctors die.

We've been in national lockdown only 3 weeks.  2 initial weeks were localized lockdowns that did not work out very well.  Deaths will continue to rise despite the number of infections falling.  Have to consider those most likely to pass on ar those that are in intensive care.  Their median stay in intensive care is around 3 weeks.  New intensive care cases seem to be falling from a high of around 250 new cases per day to around a hundred.

Even the national lockdown was staggered a bit, work ok, then only essential work.  Travelling home longer distances was ok, then only for very urgent matters. Going from trusting folks to comply, then blocking roads and strict controls; from a 200 buck fine to thousands.

The virus is patient, using every opportunity infect and stretch things out.  We have to be more patient than the virus by staying out of reach and hope it has not found new ways to propagate, like via mosquitoes and then on to other vectors like domestic pets.

Offline BC

« Reply #1429 on: March 27, 2020, 01:39:57 AM »
Hey everyone from Texas, I cleared mine was thankfully mild, as we've all learned doesn't matter a whole lot if you're young or old but I  didn't need a respirator and mostly had flu symptoms minus shortness of breath.

That's good news, Ivan.  Now you can pick up your green card for likely being immune and not a danger to others.  Go back to regular work/travels and give blood regularly so your plasma can help give others immunity.  (written in the context of some time in the near future)

Offline Chelseaboy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1430 on: March 27, 2020, 04:33:34 AM »
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has now caught the Corona virus.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1431 on: March 27, 2020, 04:42:56 AM »

Crazily enough I was fine after 3 or so days. After that they followed up and didnt have any symptoms.

We were already approved to work remote and I had 4 extra weeks of PTO if I needed due to the virus but I continued after I got back to East Texas.

Thankfully in the suburban Hospital I went to it was early. Now? Man who knows... would be way worse with less attention.
Sounds pretty bad since you were in the hospital. Certainly much worse than just the regular flu which is already miserable enough. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #1432 on: March 27, 2020, 07:18:13 AM »

Hi Moby

Ilona cleaned my place today. She told me she was able to pay the rent for the next month with the help of a friend. And I am helping her with food. She does not ask me for money and is still hanging on to the $50 bill I gave her. From the people I've come in contact with everyone here is especially kind to one another. I think everyone knows it is time put down differences and realize what is important and what is not.

I am going to post this on the coronavirus and business in Georgia threads. 

Take care,

Offline Gator

« Reply #1433 on: March 27, 2020, 07:32:52 AM »

The virus is patient....

'Patient' is too gentle to my ear.  This sonofabitch pathogen is persistent as well as lethal and highly contagious.     

Accordingly, our responses must be resolute.   

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1434 on: March 27, 2020, 07:35:14 AM »
'Patient' is too gentle to my ear.  This sonofabitch pathogen is persistent as well as lethal and highly contagious.     

Accordingly, our responses must be resolute. 
If the first part is accurate, then we (In the US) are not doing our part of being resolute...maybe we can blame china for that.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Gator

« Reply #1435 on: March 27, 2020, 07:46:26 AM »
sure, he was from my tribe, he could read the wall like me as well

Incredible talent who spoke volumes in few words.

OTOH, your behavior, if it continues to progress, reminds me more of this man, a dedicated practitioner of social distancing.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1436 on: March 27, 2020, 08:22:45 AM »
Well, the irony

Now the UK Health Minister has the virus .

WHY are these guys tested, when NHS staff aren't ?..

Those who know Russians - they oft claim, " not to give a sh*t" and this video is a scary reminder of why quarantining Russians seems to apply to everyone else ...

Offline Chelseaboy

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1437 on: March 27, 2020, 08:51:04 AM »
I did suggest a few days ago on here that maybe Vodka is proving an effective deterrent against the virus.: )

Still only 3 virus deaths being reported from Russia.
Just saying it like it is.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1438 on: March 27, 2020, 08:52:50 AM »

Glad you pulled through it Ivan. Your body will possess a high level of antibodies so it's unlikely you will get it again anytime soon but still be safe. We are still learning the virus's behavior and you may get reinfected. Lifetime immunity is not guaranteed, especially if the virus mutates.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #1439 on: March 27, 2020, 09:49:05 AM »

Hey Ivan-

I'm glad to hear you survived the onslaught! I hope you feel better soon...

I am curious how the process of requesting, then getting, tested went. And also the test itself. Was it still that invasive (as Trump described it) - *stuck the long swab way up your nose, turn right to your eyes* method?

Do you mind sharing this experience with us since I believe you are the first (only?) *recorded* member to have gone through this at this time.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1440 on: March 27, 2020, 09:51:03 AM »
If the first part is accurate, then we (In the US) are not doing our part of being resolute...maybe we can blame china for that.

Fathertime!

Bruddah-

Let me help you out and ease your chronic angst...

http://housing.justlanded.com/en/China_Hubei_Wuhan/For-Sale

Methinks Canada is full due to 2016 election result.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1441 on: March 27, 2020, 10:36:15 AM »
16 year old lass dies in France

http://f24.my/6K7a

No known underlying health problems...

I appreciate this is rare...but we all thought theis was a killer of elderly only, right? ((

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1442 on: March 27, 2020, 11:15:32 AM »

http://f24.my/6K7a

No known underlying health problems...

I appreciate this is rare...but we all thought this was a killer of elderly only, right? ((

Nope, I speculated early on when deaths began to rise in Italy that it may not be just the elderly and/or those with underlying health conditions ;) Look back about three weeks ago in this thread and you'll find it, and no doubt your subsequent put down off such an idea.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1443 on: March 27, 2020, 11:22:41 AM »
Apparently now not only have Boris Johnson & health secretary Matt Hancock have Coronavirus but now also the Chief Medical Advisor, Chris Witty (the weird bald looking guy) also is showing symptoms of having it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-52060791

So the Chief Medical Advisor was either not following his own advice or that advice was flawed, rather embarrassing for him I would have thought, lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
« Reply #1444 on: March 27, 2020, 11:24:53 AM »

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 12:22:29 PM by SANDRO43 »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1445 on: March 27, 2020, 11:30:39 AM »

There was a report of a teen dying in America recently.

Member of the Washington DC mayor's staff died from the virus. She looks doesn't look old.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/member-of-dc-mayors-staff-dies-from-coronavirus/ar-BB11NYJi?ocid=spartandhp

Italy records their highest death toll to date with 919 dead in a day. At that pace, in three days Italy will have as much dead as China had in three months if anybody still wants to believe China's numbers.

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Hopefully we find a vaccine. There are too many stupid people in the world where it makes it impossible to eliminate the virus from our bodies. Got people spitting on others, spitting inside public transportations, licking things including a toilet to show the world they aren't scared of the virus. Got teens coughing on fruits and vegetables at food markets. There's one woman in Wuhan that went around spitting on her neighbors doorknobs.

Dishwashing soap is now disappearing from stores. Since there are no hand sanitizers and antibacterial soap on the shelves, people are buying dishwashing soap as a replacement.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #1446 on: March 27, 2020, 12:14:35 PM »
Forced perspective.

I am reminded of H.G. Wells' fictional 'War of the Worlds'. Not the 19th century novel, but the 1950 (?) made-for-film dramatization of the novel.

Seem rather crazy how we easily depart with reality and perspective.

Today, global population is at 7.8 billion (7,754,000,000 +), and so far today, coronavirus, in 199 countries, had infected 585,000+ and taken 26,800+ lives. That's 0.00075% and 0.00035% respectively.

The world stopped in the fictional story where people gathered around a 'radio' listening to the marauding 'invisible' attackers killing earth's population one by one.

Offline BC

« Reply #1447 on: March 27, 2020, 12:22:07 PM »

Italy records their highest death toll to date with 919 dead in a day. At that pace, in three days Italy will have as much dead as China had in three months if anybody still wants to believe China's numbers.

We have 3 times the number of dead in China.  Been that way for a while.

Good news is that the number of new cases has been fairly level for almost a week with active cases starting to look like they are following the same trend.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #1448 on: March 27, 2020, 12:46:16 PM »
Nearly a thousand deaths from Coronavirus a day now in Italy, around 10,000 deaths in Italy so far:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-52067673

So death rate rising there of recent. Cases may have levelled off but are still high and adding to the overall total.

Offline BC

« Reply #1449 on: March 27, 2020, 12:58:35 PM »
So death rate rising there of recent. Cases may have levelled off but are still high and adding to the overall total.

It would be expected that deaths linger, even if there is a decline in new cases.  Most are ICU cases for weeks.  I expect the toll will be high in the weeks to come before starting to drop.

In the beginning when infections start to rise there are few deaths, then they creep up on you around 14 days later.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1872
Total: 1883

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM