It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 459283 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #925 on: March 07, 2018, 06:59:39 PM »
I know where Nunavut is. I would hazard a guess the other Canadian posters here do as well.

I guess the question is, are you happy being knowledge challenged? (That’s meant as a general question, not directed at any particular poster).
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:01:30 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #926 on: March 07, 2018, 07:03:20 PM »
Well if you can name all 50 states by heart or all the former USSR countries I'd be impressed.  I got better things to do.

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #927 on: March 07, 2018, 07:13:51 PM »
I doubt anyone outside of Ireland cares what the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland are.

Half the UK people voted for Brexit because they thought it meant less immigrants, more independence from Europe. 
Half the US people voted for Trump. 

People know that smoking and drinking in excess is bad for your health.  They are addicted yet still do it. 
Being an adulterer when you are married isn't good for your relationship.  They know they should be faithful but they aren't.

Knowledge without action is useless. 

« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 07:19:27 PM by Sting23 »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #928 on: March 07, 2018, 07:17:07 PM »
Well if you can name all 50 states by heart or all the former USSR countries I'd be impressed. 
I can.  I can even name the capitals of all the former Soviet republics.  I could probably name 2/3 of the capitals of US states.

I got better things to do.

Such as arguing with virtual strangers online?

I doubt anyone outside of Ireland cares what the difference between Ireland and Northern Ireland are.

Given that the bulk of the IRA's funding came from Irish Americans, most of whom had never set foot in either Ireland or Northern Ireland, I suspect you are mistaken.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
« Reply #929 on: March 07, 2018, 07:26:12 PM »
I can.  I can even name the capitals of all the former Soviet republics.  I could probably name 2/3 of the capitals of US states.

Such as arguing with virtual strangers online?

Given that the bulk of the IRA's funding came from Irish Americans, most of whom had never set foot in either Ireland or Northern Ireland, I suspect you are mistaken.

Shall I give you a gold medal for all that knowledge you got?!   I never talk to you but you seem to like to interject your comments on my posts.  Anyways I'm done with replying to you for good.  Peace out!

Offline Boethius

« Reply #930 on: March 07, 2018, 07:27:49 PM »
No, I don't want a gold medal.  As I posted, I'd hazard a guess the majority of posters here could do the same.  It isn't exactly Mensa material.

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #931 on: March 19, 2018, 11:46:08 PM »
Well, Trench's dating philosophies are as sound as his forecasts re 'Brexit'

As predicated - Mrs May has 'negotiated' that the the UK must obey EU rules - with no say in any new rules - and pay for membership - while she works out how to leave .....without losing the DUP support she needs to survive.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2018, 06:07:15 AM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #932 on: March 20, 2018, 05:45:43 AM »
Well, Trench's dating philosophies are as sound as his forecasts re 'Brexit'

As predicated - Mrs May has 'negotiated' that the the UK must obey EU rules - with no say in any new rules - and pay for membership - why she works out how to leave .....without losing the DUP support she needs to survive.

The 'transition period' will be just a little over 18 months so not too long then we will be out of it :) The UK-EU negotiations can be a bit like dating a girl - do what each other want align and what is either side prepared to give up. Clearly May could not have it all exactly how she wanted but its mostly there. If its just a short period then it is essentially just abiding by many of the rules we currently have, not being at the table for such a short period won't be a big bone for contention. I think she has limited the powers of the EU somewhat during this period. Crucially the UK will be free to negotiate and make trade deals with other countries during this period whilst keeping all the EU trade deals. The Irish question I think could still do with some written in assurance of the supremacy of UK sovereignty in that region, but of course the single market/customs union will not be able to carry on in Ireland or the UK as a whole after the transition period anyway.

I think its a case of a deal that will satisfy the majority of those in Parliament that she has done enough on most of the areas that both Leave & Remain MP's call for whilst avoiding veering to the extremes of both sides. 
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #933 on: March 20, 2018, 06:13:03 AM »
The 'transition period' will be just a little over 18 months so not too long then we will be out of it :) The UK-EU negotiations can be a bit like dating a girl

Which like your knowledge of 'Brexit' and the Irish border question - you KEEP demonstrating to be clueless about ! You didn't address that Mrs May is now in deep do,do with her Brextremists ))

The Irish question I think could still do with some written in assurance of the supremacy of UK sovereignty in that region, but of course the single market/customs union will not be able to carry on in Ireland or the UK as a whole after the transition period anyway.

Duh, if it doesn't there'll have to be a border - and that WILL NOT HAPPEN ... Knock, knock .... those with wooden-tops for brains are finally figuring it out .. 'We' voted to leave and it's unworkable and has already cost us Billions we were going to save

I think ..

NO - you haven't

Offline ML

« Reply #934 on: March 20, 2018, 08:10:56 AM »
I am going to a presentation about Brexit tomorrow afternoon.
After that, I will know more about it than anyone here!
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #935 on: March 20, 2018, 10:21:54 AM »

I'm sure you will! There are a lot of experts on Brexit but I'm sure the experts of experts have chosen your part of the world the USA to give a talk on it. Let us know how it goes because I'm curious about how their expert opinions on Brexit will compare against other expert opinions.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #936 on: March 20, 2018, 10:41:17 AM »

Careful ML you will be stwo ping on Mobers toes as RWD's resident expert on the subject of Brexit. Unless of course he turns up as your expert speaker on the subject ;D lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #937 on: March 20, 2018, 10:50:35 AM »
Which like your knowledge of 'Brexit' and the Irish border question - you KEEP demonstrating to be clueless about ! You didn't address that Mrs May is now in deep do,do with her Brextremists ))

Duh, if it doesn't there'll have to be a border - and that WILL NOT HAPPEN ... Knock, knock .... those with wooden-tops for brains are finally figuring it out .. 'We' voted to leave and it's unworkable and has already cost us Billions we were going to save

NO - you haven't

Remains to be seen if she is in trouble with her Brextremists as you put it. I don't think they will like the part on NI as it now stands as the original draft rather upset them on this and it will bring back memories of that. However, I think they will be reassured by the transition period not being too long and the ability to do trade deals. With the overall affect of it being that the EU's domination of us due to end I don't see that it will cause a revolt. Meanwhile Keir Starmer moved to welcome the agreement so with the Labour party onside on this one there us unlikely to be any revolt from the remain side in her party. So looks like it's all good for the go ahead Mobe ;)

Offline msmob

« Reply #938 on: March 20, 2018, 11:31:48 AM »
Poor Trench

It's all good for the transition period, as long as the rights of UK citizens living in the remaining 27 are observed.

The border Q is only postponed...

I will keep you Humble Pie in the freezer for you!

Offline msmob

« Reply #939 on: March 26, 2018, 05:12:57 AM »
Well I'll keep my methodology a secret ;D I'm confident it will work for me this time. Will help avoid sideling this thread as I think drsecu experience is worth focusing on here.

Great..so the next post from you will be the wedding photos ?  :D

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #940 on: April 01, 2018, 07:24:11 AM »
Poor Trench

It's all good for the transition period, as long as the rights of UK citizens living in the remaining 27 are observed.

The border Q is only postponed...

I will keep you Humble Pie in the freezer for you!

Be careful Mobe, you may end up eating that humble pie all by yourself ;D

Well, it looks like re-moaners are all banking on the Irish Q as their last stand. I can see the Irish Q being resolved over the next few months though and with it the re-moaners will be in full retreat. Even Labour the main opposition party is in disarray over any organised opposition to Brexit and is like the Tories fragmented between Brexiteers and Remoaners.

Bit by bit we have seen Brexit advancing and bit by bit we have seen Remoaners have a stab at countering it only to fall flat.

I think Brexit will go through and it will be a good thing for the UK. I think we will still have close ties to the EU but not be under its thumb any longer or in a customs union. I also think that we will have good terms to move within EU nations for a lengthy term, perhaps at least 3 months or so similar to that which we have with Ukraine. I think in general we will have good rights within the EU to live/work even if its not as automatic as it is now. So all in all I think we will end up benefiting from leaving the EU by gaining a better strategic position within Europe.   

Offline msmob

« Reply #941 on: April 01, 2018, 10:15:57 AM »
Be careful Mobe, you may end up eating that humble pie all by yourself

Based on the govt's 'negotiation skills' , so far - I'm resting easy

Well, it looks like re-moaners are all banking on the Irish Q as their last stand.

Hardly,

It's just the largest howler the brextremists can't get their heads around - having made promises they just can't deliver..

Mrs May's 'answer' ?- a tour of the 4 nations - AGAIN promising post 'brexit' pledges she cannot  deliver 

She will get a spanking in the May local elections

Offline ML

« Reply #942 on: April 01, 2018, 08:09:34 PM »

I think Brexit will go through and it will be a good thing for the UK.

There are many aspects, and it may be true that UK will benefit from some of these aspects after Brexit.

But there is one item that will almost kill the UK after Brexit.

That is the loss of the Financial Center of Europe.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline msmob

« Reply #943 on: April 02, 2018, 01:30:18 AM »
Quite..

The UK is happily giving away that status...such is the STUIDITY of the leave vote..

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #944 on: April 02, 2018, 06:15:02 AM »
Based on the govt's 'negotiation skills' , so far - I'm resting easy

Hardly,

It's just the largest howler the brextremists can't get their heads around - having made promises they just can't deliver..

Mrs May's 'answer' ?- a tour of the 4 nations - AGAIN promising post 'brexit' pledges she cannot  deliver 

She will get a spanking in the May local elections

And no doubt you'll be there to spank her Mobe ;D

Seriously though, with regards to the Irish border Q this cannot be properly answered until we know what the proposed trade deal will be with the EU. So far all we know is that the UK is looking for the most tariff free, free trade deal that is possible without the full movement of people policy. That and they are seeking to do the deal on a sector by sector approach signing up to the EU agencies or agreements with in each sector where appropriate.

So until the workings of that are fully decided upon the Irish Q will be not be answered fully as no-one will know what basis the trade across the border will be working on. It looks like both sides want no tariffs so it will probably just be digital checks on the border and digital checks on companies of what trade is being done where possibly through invoices, etc. The precise workings still need to be worked out but I think like most issues they will come to an agreement on it all.

Essentially if there is little in the way of tariffs then there is little to check as it crosses the border, any EU citizens wishing for work will have to apply for a work visa. I can't really see the Irish Q will be as big an issue as you seem to think Mobe.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #945 on: April 02, 2018, 06:20:02 AM »
There are many aspects, and it may be true that UK will benefit from some of these aspects after Brexit.

But there is one item that will almost kill the UK after Brexit.

That is the loss of the Financial Center of Europe.

I don't think it will kill the UK, many nations continue to function well both inside and outside of Europe by not having a financial center. As a proportion of the economy the city actually doesn't figure as that big a percentage of the economy either to its GDP or people it employs. The city will still exist after Brexit albeit most probably a little slimmed down. The UK stands to make far more in terms of trading relations with other countries. The city guys having too much sway on government has always been a problem for the UK so its probably best that we are not too tied to its wishes & whims.

Offline msmob

« Reply #946 on: April 03, 2018, 03:45:58 AM »

Seriously though, with regards to the Irish border Q this cannot be properly answered until we know what the proposed trade deal will be with the EU. So far all we know is that the UK is looking for the most tariff free, free trade deal that is possible without the full movement of people policy. That and they are seeking to do the deal on a sector by sector approach signing up to the EU agencies or agreements with in each sector where appropriate.

Must you keep posting like an IDIOT ?

How can  a border ( already ) guaranteed to be free of restrictions on movement of people or trade have restrictions ?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #947 on: April 03, 2018, 04:04:46 AM »

Must you keep posting like an IDIOT ?
That must be your favourite saying! :D

How can  a border ( already ) guaranteed to be free of restrictions on movement of people or trade have restrictions ?

Yes but ONLY for UK & Republic of Ireland citizens. Like I said before, EU citizens will not be hindered but they will lose their Freedom to Work in the UK, NOT their Freedom of Movement in the UK. No UK employer will be able to legally employ them without the proper visa, those that do will face heft fines.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:16:41 AM by Trenchcoat »

Offline msmob

« Reply #948 on: April 03, 2018, 10:36:41 AM »
That must be your favourite saying! :D

I reserve it for those for whom the cap fits ... and BOY..it does - bearing in mind the nonsense you post about the Irish border question

Yes but ONLY for UK & Republic of Ireland citizens. Like I said before, EU citizens will not be hindered but they will lose their Freedom to Work in the UK, NOT their Freedom of Movement in the UK. No UK employer will be able to legally employ them without the proper visa, those that do will face heft fines.

Duh, and HOW - once again - are you going to stop EU citizens - with a right to work in Eire - from moving freely within the UK - if there can't BE a border ?  The Good Friday agreement and Common Trade Area PROHIBIT it

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #949 on: April 03, 2018, 11:33:06 AM »
I reserve it for those for whom the cap fits ... and BOY..it does - bearing in mind the nonsense you post about the Irish border question

Duh, and HOW - once again - are you going to stop EU citizens - with a right to work in Eire - from moving freely within the UK - if there can't BE a border ?  The Good Friday agreement and Common Trade Area PROHIBIT it

You won't but they won't have the right to work in the UK only to move around like a tourist in the UK that us what you're not getting Mobe.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM