It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Second trip to Kharkov  (Read 25917 times)

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Second trip to Kharkov
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2017, 10:50:13 AM »
This is why people recommend Mila (not me, because I've never been to Kharkiv and haven't used her services, although we have corresponded briefly in the past).  She listens to people's concerns, takes note, and does something about it to make her service better.  She's also the only person in her trade (except maybe Stirlitz? can't recall) who has actually apologised on this forum for something which appears to have arisen simply from a lack of communication, rather than as an outright attempt to rip people off (e.g. Anastasiadate, A Foreign Affair, nearly every other agency in the FSU...).

That she's prepared to do this in public, rather than just send the aggrieved person a PM, is a huge tick in my book.

+1. The relationship between a guy and a matchmaker is fraught with issues if there's no open dialogue. I don't think it's possible to please 100% of guys 100% of the time. I've established a friendship with Mila and her husband over the years, so I think it's safe to say we can be honest with each other about things - whether it be me having an issue with the service or cost, or her having an issue about how I may have conducted myself with women or on a date. If some guys don't have the ability to use what's between their ears or aren't able to openly communicate, they'll struggle in Ukraine full-stop. Who can't use Uber or Tinder in this day and age? To spend 2 days just walking around in a city like Kharkov with beautiful women and numerous methods to meet them is a waste if you really want to meet someone.

Unless something changes, I probably won't use Mila's services in Kharkov again, but we've become friends. I met a great lady in the summer because of her, sadly things just didn't work out. I've become pretty independent now in Ukraine and I like to manage my own schedule and choose my own type of lady when I'm there. If it's your first visit, I wouldn't talk you out of it. Like everything, different things work for different people and YMMV.

Offline odba

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #101 on: November 25, 2017, 05:26:23 AM »
I had been to Kharkiv in February and hired Mila for her matchmaking. This thread has made me think about posting a trip report. I will do as soon as I find time. Expect a straightforward report and I will pull no punches.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #102 on: November 26, 2017, 04:38:22 PM »
I had been to Kharkiv in February and hired Mila for her matchmaking. This thread has made me think about posting a trip report. I will do as soon as I find time. Expect a straightforward report and I will pull no punches.

Whether you had good or bad experiences, or a mixture of both, try to be fair in your assessment.  If part of it was your fault, say so.  If none of it was, you're not human.  ;D

Offline Sting23

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #103 on: November 28, 2017, 06:04:38 PM »

There are up & downsides to girls that know English well and those that don't. A girl that speaks English well can more easily get a job in UK/US and if she is pretty and has good social skills may then be very exposed to guys that may be better looking, earn more & more exciting social life/socially skilled than you. Even if she is facing deportation if she leaves you all she needs is an email address or mobile number of the guy and he can happily sort out marriage of himself to her knowing you have done all the donkey work unrewarded of finding her for him.

You see an apparent 'advantage' can quickly work out to be very detrimental.

You still got that defeatist attitude. If she leaves you more than likely it was your fault for not keeping her interested.  And even if her English isn't that great she'll learn it much quicker if she needs it for work or a social life.

I would rather a girl speak good English, that's one less thing to worry about.  But cross that bridge when you get there.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1979
Total: 1989

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM