It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Russia US embassy Interview  (Read 19829 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Russia US embassy Interview
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2019, 11:31:31 AM »
….<snip>The Business visa is still a visitor visa and simply has letters to support the reason for a visit and <snip...

Bingo! Exactly right. Non-immigrant visas rely heavily on the most basic assurance that applicants have a viable cause of visitation, stability during their time in-country and resounding reason for return.

Tourists visas are no different.

Taking the case like the OP's, a woman who have no relationship or connection in the US (friend/s, relative, etc..), likely short on dispensible liquidity to finance the visit, and while married and employed could qualify as resounding reason for return; could in fact show some sort of instability.

On a scoring sheet, that's almost 3 out 3 reasons for rejection. Any one of those becoming a negative is enough reason to reject an application. There is no reduction attempt by USCIS/DHS to decrease the number of tourist. That'll cripple and affect states and cities who rely on tourism for their economic viability. So don't be silly with that belief.

We have scheduled visits by Russians this year. Some are first time visitors having knowledge their friends having been previously here with us, and wanted to follow suit. These are relatively young single folks.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2019, 11:43:15 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline whynotme

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2019, 02:49:15 PM »
US visa interview is a lottery. Ask me, how do I know  8)? The result depends entirely on the officer who evaluates the situation very subjectively. Seems no any logic in their decisions. Btw, why no one writes that a visa in the passport is not a guarantee of entry into the country. On the last visit my daughter was interrogated for two hours, she already thought she would be sent back. Relatives and friends in the US, as well as the lack of travel is a big minus. Judging by the number of Ukrainians I know who came on B1/B2 and opened fake refugee cases, I would not talk about any kind of discrimination in obtaining visas for them.

Offline Jamesukjames

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2019, 03:25:03 PM »
Business visas just the one

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2019, 06:19:19 PM »
US visa interview is a lottery. Ask me, how do I know  8)? The result depends entirely on the officer who evaluates the situation very subjectively. Seems no any logic in their decisions. Btw, why no one writes that a visa in the passport is not a guarantee of entry into the country. On the last visit my daughter was interrogated for two hours, she already thought she would be sent back. Relatives and friends in the US, as well as the lack of travel is a big minus. Judging by the number of Ukrainians I know who came on B1/B2 and opened fake refugee cases, I would not talk about any kind of discrimination in obtaining visas for them.

The consular officer has to treat every non-immigrant visa applicant's intention is to immigrate to the US.  They need the applicant to prove/persuade them otherwise.  Some agents take the directive to heart, others are more lenient to varying degrees.

It is harder now for Ukrainians to get business and tourist visas because of the abuse perpetrated before by others.  Can't have nice things...

Offline whynotme

« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2019, 07:12:53 PM »
The consular officer has to treat every non-immigrant visa applicant's intention is to immigrate to the US.  They need the applicant to prove/persuade them otherwise.  Some agents take the directive to heart, others are more lenient to varying degrees.
My daughter has 2 approved visas (F1 and B1/B2) and 3 denied. She could also come to the US with me because at that moment she was not 21 years old. She was in the US twice, so she could stay if wanted. She had internships in France and the Czech Republic, traveled a lot. She has a job and continues her study in Moscow. My imagination is not enough to find more evidence that she is not going to stay an illegal here. Americans' conviction of their country’s exclusivity is annoying sometimes.

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2019, 09:09:37 PM »
Americans' conviction of their country’s exclusivity is annoying sometimes.

But thank Heavens it does not rise to the level of Russian's.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline whynotme

« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2019, 10:35:54 PM »
But thank Heavens it does not rise to the level of Russian's.

Are you sure?  :P "This [US] is a unique, exceptional country. Russia is unique, but not exceptional" - who told that recently?

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2021, 09:47:50 AM »
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Online Brillynt

« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2021, 07:14:43 AM »
My wife has been talking to others lately and more ladies are getting their interview scheduled in Ukraine and Poland due to the problems of getting a interview scheduled in Russia.

Offline ML

« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2021, 09:25:57 AM »
Yet another reason for not pursuing Russian women . . . and no,  I am not denigrating Russian women now married to USA men.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
Russia US embassy Interview
« Reply #60 on: April 04, 2021, 12:13:45 PM »
US visa interview is a lottery. Ask me, how do I know  8)?

I don't need to ask because you are 100% correct. It could just be whether or
not the USCIS officer is having PMS or not. It could be that they hate Russians
because some do. USCIS officers are not hired on merit, they aren't equal and
they can be petty sh!t brains.

I know because I have experienced the full spectrum.

FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541009
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1860
Total: 1871

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM