It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Seeking a bit of an advice  (Read 37841 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Seeking a bit of an advice
« on: June 20, 2005, 06:09:16 PM »
Hi there-

Taking the theme of this section: "...The only dumb question is the one NOT asked..."

I'm a single man living by the beach SoCal. Never married and do have a great career. Well-travelled and an active participants in just about anything involving sports. My problem is I can't seem to get a date here at home despite the fact women seem to crawl out of the woodwork everyday ( really nice ones, too). I'm not quite sure what the problem is but I am almost convinced it has something to do with my recent operation. Two, if you count the one I'd rather not think about.

Anyway, sometimes I feel like a rock in any social settings. You know, like that silly rock on your landscape that either takes up a slot simply because it needs something placed there, or because, well frankly, you don't really know where else to put it.

In my search to find a good self-help/motivation sites, I stumbled upon this site, and reading some of the posts in here, I thought to myself...hmmm, Russian Women!! Maybe that's it! That's the answer to my prayers.

What do you guys think? Do I have a chance? Will anyone in Russia find me a little more attractive than say, a rock?

Any help is appreciated.

Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Donna_Pedro

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2005, 06:19:29 PM »
I am not guys, I am a RW and I see no reasons why you should not try. If you are smart, you can make it. PM me of you need help.
Kaplah!

Offline mischief

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2005, 07:54:09 PM »
It's certainly worth trying…  Hey, we only live once!… anyhow,  I wouldn't recommend you to use any marriage agencies… try msn messenger, Odigo,  ISQ  or Lavalife, look for girls from Russia, Belarus, Poland, Ukraine … A friend of mine met his wife from St. Petersburg on Lavalife - very happy couple… You'll need time and patience most of all… Good luck!

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2005, 12:49:38 AM »
I don't know much about the social scene in Botswana, but not many rocks in my bit of the world!

Have your previous plans gone awry?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 02:01:00 AM by andrewfin »

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2005, 01:27:46 AM »
I think you will do just fine.  If you want to test the waters at no charge try www.freepersonals.ru     If you find you are happy with it you might like www.elenasmodels.com     There are a lot of reputable companies out there and a lot that are not.    Darn, if you had been here a couple of months ago you could have checked out miss sensuality but I think someone else scooped her up.

Offline Son of Clyde

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2005, 03:13:54 AM »
Even rocks need love once in awhile.

Use this to your advantage.

Offline jb

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2005, 03:17:35 AM »
Some body needs to go over to the RWG and tell Matt that his avatar has been stolen.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2005, 04:25:39 AM »
Phew! I was actually looking for the 'House of Tough Love' and was hoping this was it! You see I came from a place where they shower you with high octane attaboys just before you go off to the Land of the Haoles, and Bam!

Spontaneous combustion!

Good to see some of the gang who use to smashed my booty still haven't lost their boot spurs and gangly edge!

I did almost have a heart attack when Ms. Donna P took me seriously! I'm not trolling, I am actually hunting maxx because he still owe me a couple of bucks!:D

Anyway, the word is my Siberian princess will be here in a few days. 6 days to be exact! We're both fit to be tied! Very much looking forward to it. Big day will be at the shores of Hawaii!! Sister and nephew already have the visa and the tickets. Momma and Poppa, hopefully, will get their visas next week. I can't wait to get Poppa on some O'Neil short and Hawaiian shirts! Now, how's that for effect, eh? Ruskee hanging ten, boys! Natalia wants to learn how to surf :P

Lot's to tell and share - that is, if you guys are interested.

She had a brutal interview. It seem they are somewhat bearig down on some of these beneficiaries in Moscow. Way too much irrelevant and highly questionable lines of questioning! Some were just silly! I think the Consular had the hots for my gal.

Anyway, she may be dropping here anytime now because I told her maybe she can lend some RW views and experience what silly Americans do with their time.

I can't believe after screwing around so much, I'm marrying a Russian Woman!!! i never, in my years as an island boy that I imagined this! It's a Wonderful World!

-btw guys: sorry about my first post! I'm sure to wear out my welcome fairly soon now but such is life! I do am glad to see jb still haven't lost his fire!:shock:

Andrewfi, St. Pete has not seen the last of me. Lot's of opportunities coming in the near future. I may need you to get involved.

I took my silliness in St Pete last I was there. We were sitting in a cafe with Natalia's sister, Olga, when they played the song 'Billy Jean'. Oh my! Instant reflex got me doing the whole number on my seat, creating a scene. By the time the song was over, there's this group of ladies behind us screaming and taking pictures/video. Natalia and Olga thought it was classic! Left my GF breathless! Talk about blending in, yeah right! I'm a nut! Clyde's got the video....

Why blend in when you can be different and rise above, eh? ;)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 04:26:00 AM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline jb

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2005, 04:32:17 AM »
Hello Matt, nice to see you here.

Congrats on the G/F's arrival, we'll be interested to meet her around here.

Stick around, it gets interesting at times.

Offline KenC

« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2005, 05:18:51 AM »
Matt,

First off, congrats!  Nice to see a life long bachleor take the plunge.  Best of luck with that.  Don't worry about all "us nice guys" here.  Just post something stupid and we'll let ya know right quick.  Seriously though, the tough part is right in front of you now and give us a holler if you need anything.  When the dust settles and you find yourself and the Mrs. down my way, give a shout out.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2005, 05:25:58 AM »
Matt,

Keep us posted, 6 days is less than a week if I have calculated correctly.

I have submitted your video to "Dance Fever" and am expecting a reply soon.

You may be a new Dance Fever dancer and I hope your lovely lady will not be upset.

Offline Donna_Pedro

« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 06:21:16 AM »
grrrrrrr  You have fooled me! :cool: I thought it was smth familiar in that avatar. :cool: Anyway, congratulations for your Siberian Princess arrival. Good luck!
Kaplah!

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 06:54:33 AM »

KenC,

How right you are. The fun part is behind us and the real challenges are sure ahead of us. I tried to reassure my GF that everything should be fine. I can only imagine what she must be going through right now knowing she got herself a trophy boyfriend ;) Sea World is a definite. She's never seen an ocean, let alone pet a dolphin and get doused by Shamu. I think I still have your number so when the schedule allows us maybe we can meet for dindin (?). Francisco (Paco) just got back from Rostov and hopefully it was a good trip.

Clyde, if my calendar is right; a week from tomorrow is your fiance's interview, isn't it? If you need support man, you know where to find me...DHL come through for you?

jb, never had a chance to tell you but thanks for those sharp 'advice' you laid out for me before. It was worth a lot more than you think.

As for Ms. Donna P, well, sorry 'bout the silly intro. It's maxx's idea. But you have to know, whether you like it or not, when I think back during my search (1st trip), meeting you at the Cafe with bucky and his gal was monumental! If you think about it, had you not accosted me through the metro maze, I might've gotten lost and never met Natalia. I do want to say thanks a bunch again!

I'll post a pic of Natalia here as soon as I get home. She may not like it but she's not here yet so I can still afford to be devious. She can just kill me later...nah, she likes me too much!

So now, can someone please point me to the nearest controversial thread please?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 06:55:00 AM by GQBlues »

Offline Son of Clyde

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 08:21:16 AM »
Matt,

I hope you can take your lady to the Bradbury Building it is the tourist center of Botswana. You are a lucky guy she is very beautiful. Irina is beautiful too so we are two lucky guys.

Yes, Ira will have her interview in 8 days and I'm more nervous than she is.

I'm still tracking her package on DHL's website and now it says she has made arrangements to pick it up. It's still showing up as being in transit from Kiev so maybe she is waiting to pick it up next week when she arrives.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2005, 12:00:10 PM »
Quote from: GQBlues
So now, can someone please point me to the nearest controversial thread please?

Can visit our "garbage can" at http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/view_forum.php?id=18 ... it is new here ( around 24 hours ) but i think that with time, it will be the more active part of these forum...

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2005, 03:04:13 PM »
Quote from: Turboguy
I think you will do just fine.  If you want to test the waters at no charge try http://www.freepersonals.ru     If you find you are happy with it you might like http://www.elenasmodels.com     There are a lot of reputable companies out there and a lot that are not.    Darn, if you had been here a couple of months ago you could have checked out miss sensuality but I think someone else scooped her up.

Don't even try these sites!!!! They are full of eeeee, garbage nowadays.

By the way, why not try to meet a swedish gal? They are nice, many of them are feminine (yes, guys! Many swedish girls are very feminine!), good housekeepers - I have never seen so clean and cosy houses in Russia as I have seen in Sweden.  They don't need visa to US, and like americans.

Offline Fiorella

• Commercial Member
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2005, 03:09:53 PM »
Oooops, didn't read all topic before post.

Anyway, my congratulations. :cool:

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2005, 04:36:38 PM »
Bruno-

:D Yeah, did get a little gist on the section. Thanks mighty big, man! It's gonna be a fun bunch!

Fiorella-

That's funny! Swedish gals are really great! met a few of them here in LA, err...I mean Botswana. Swedish women are great, but they're just not for me. Gotta tell you though - I just LOVE that all-fangs-gnawing attributes RWs seem to have, you know. I like that 'fight' in a woman.

Anyway, I do have a lot to look forward to. But thanks for the tip! Here's my lovely 'trouble'.

(drum roll, please)

« Last Edit: June 21, 2005, 05:07:00 PM by GQBlues »

Offline Bruno

« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2005, 04:49:43 PM »
Here's my lovely 'trouble'.

(drum roll, please)

*$%@# :X... what a bad photographer :(... he have can back up one meter of two for a more general view :shock:... this have can allow these forum to be number one in the traffic ranking :D:D:D... i think that when she will be with you, you will be tired at work the morning ;)... 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2005, 05:11:20 PM »
Thanks Bruno. I supposed I will be, but it's all good. Had to take it down though :( Fat Yuris are cruising by and downloading the pic. A year on this affair and still making newbie mistakes :( 

How'bout if i just posted mine....

Offline Bruno

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2005, 05:23:12 PM »
Thanks Bruno. I supposed I will be, but it's all good. Had to take it down though :( Fat Yuris are cruising by and downloading the pic. A year on this affair and still making newbie mistakes :( 

How'bout if i just posted mine.... 

Perfect :D:D:D ... good move... i speak about remove the photo of your lady ( if it was her really )... too much dangerous on these place... if she is beautiful, bad comment... if she is ugly, bad comment... if she is usual, bad comment... you always loose here :X...

Offline anono

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2005, 08:57:29 PM »
if she is beautiful, bad comment... if she is ugly, bad comment... if she is usual, bad comment... you always loose here :X...

true, true.

Offline Bruno

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2005, 10:30:09 PM »
Quote from: anono
if she is beautiful, bad comment... if she is ugly, bad comment... if she is usual, bad comment... you always loose here :X...
true, true.
[/quote]
No more... i am busy to upload again my site... so in short time, the photo of my trip report will be back...

And i have see that people who judge somebody with a photo are generally these who say "don't fall in love with a photo"... they agree that photo is not enough for fall in love but use it for judge people... what about other quality ( inner beauty : mind and heart )... these that you cannot see on a photo...

I am back, the battery charged at 100%... and the first who try to attack me without valuable reason will see my reply... comment are always welcome but not vulgar words...

Offline andrewfi

• Commercial Member
« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2005, 10:51:19 PM »
Bruno ~ There is a big difference between 'falling in love with a photo' and finding a person portrayed in a picture attractive or not.

I think most of the time when we talk of falling in love with a photo we realy are referring to a process of finding a picutre attractive and then building a fantasy relationship based upon emails and possibly phone calls but without actual contact. I doubt many guys actually go moony for a single picture.

Givne that a lot of guys women, at least from the photos we see, are on the plain side of stunning, I think that in reality, fairly few guys actually do follow through on any initial infatuation with a picture and emails. They are in the end much more realistic, which, as a European, living in Estonia makes me wonder why the hell they were not doing better, either in the USA, or in the country of their target woman.

We all make judgements about how people look in a picture, the important thing is that we are able to transcend that and consider personality. It is just that sometimes we look and think, 'well, she looks so ordinary that he can surely find a nice woman who is less of a horse...!)

Offline Bruno

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2005, 11:12:20 PM »
Andrew,

Have you forget the story of Doug... people don't know her personality... just photo and some element of her behaviour... do you think that it is enough for judge her like some have make here...

Second example, remember these beautifull woman, Marina aka sensuality, some people here have judge her only on the physical...

So, when i have see the photo posted by GQblues... i have directly think "DANGER"... she is really very cute... and if the photo have stay, i am almost sure that some have post that she is too much beautiful to be honest, that she is a hooker... and i have wish spare a attack against a new member here...

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541012
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1913
Total: 1924

+-Recent Posts

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Today at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM