It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Dnipro january travel advice  (Read 29014 times)

Offline SANDRO43

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: Dnipro january travel advice
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2019, 12:03:13 PM »
You should scroll every prostitute site to check if your lady don't belong to the pro or semi pro staff.
Or visit my DD Gallery (http://www.floriani.it/sitirussi/doublegallery-eng.htm) to see if she is among the 97 listed there ;).
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2019, 12:57:34 PM »
Trying not to be the cynic here, but, really?   What are you supposed to be?   A sex fiend?  Traveling over to Ukraine to look for a wife is not unusual.   What is weird to me is that seeing your entrance/exit stamps is cause for alarm. 

So perhaps just the opposite might be true?   She was trying to gauge what a Rube you were by how much you know her country.   Seeing your experience would put her on alert that you are a traveler who knows the system, somewhat, and she is now going to try to see what she can get before she goes her own way (as in dumps you). 

Some of these gals are, indeed mercenary.   And some are just cautious but really great gals.   You must go through the process to try to determine who is who.  However, until a relationship is established, Pagagonie and I are in complete agreement.  An honest woman would not ask for a substantial gift.   Especially if you are in the early phases of your relationship.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2019, 01:57:35 PM »
James, Megan Fox is going to come at a price, but can you beat her down from a new iphone ;D See if you can do it!

If you ask her why she needs it she will likely give some excuse, better NOT to encourage that behaviour, it's typical Ukrainian girl manipulation technique. Just ignore anything reason she gives for you to buy her stuff, up to mid range restaurants, local travel costs and basic entertainment costs only.

If you want your leg over it's a different matter, in which case discuss your needs and as said above what she'll fold at, maybe just a meal, or maybe just a beer :)

Serious relationship wise this may be difficult. She may had it mind to take you for a (shopping) ride from the word go. She may have been spooked by the number of FSU stamps in your passport as she might thought you already are knowledgeable at the game since most will probably prefer a guy who they can play easier who is fairly new to the scene.

That or she may have written you down as a sex tourist on seeing so many stamps hence the move to pressing more on the mobile phone front. I think if you're after a serious relationship forget about buying her the phone doing so will send out a pay for play message and then a serious relationship is off the cards. Instead get down to some local entertainment venues and see if you can get on well.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #78 on: March 19, 2019, 02:50:58 PM »

Great advice for building a lasting relationship.  "Honey, I want sex.  I'll pay you by buying a beer or, if you really perform, perhaps a mid priced dinner." :rolleyes: :puke:

This post was composed without the aid of google.

That's how cheaply they can come over there. The iPhone is just the opening offer, it's up to James what he wishes bid up to for a chance to get it on with Megan Fox. Now I ask you would the real Megan Fox be had as cheaply, even for a new mobile phone? It's the way it is over there. Like I said it's only if a serious relationship is no longer goer or James prefers it that way for this girl. It may be that she's just that type of girl.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #79 on: March 19, 2019, 03:09:40 PM »
No, it isn't "the way it is over there", if you meet a normal woman.

You are basically saying that every man who married a UW, or is involved with a woman in Ukraine, is married to, or involved with, a prostitute.  That's incredibly insulting to the women, and the men, for that matter.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

I mean those that are playing.

The serious relationships of course don't which is why I say if James wants a serious relationship put the shopping & sex aside and see if she'll get down to some other activity with him, sightseeing or something.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #80 on: March 19, 2019, 11:52:49 PM »
Sadly due to lack of work visas in London many Russian speakers resort to prostitution in London there are thousands of them on my doorstep why would I fly 3500 km.  Many friends have advised use the prostitute solution it's not for me.   I like the whole 24 7 package personally I can't imagine anything more lonely than walking in paying and walking out each to their own but for me it would be like a knife cutting my soul in half.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #81 on: March 19, 2019, 11:55:15 PM »
2pm picking up a hire car at airport.  My first proper driving in Ukraine.  I've only driven a few km In a g f car before

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #82 on: March 20, 2019, 12:05:43 AM »
Personally I put no value on sex.  Luckily I had good looks in my youth.  In my 19 year virtually sexless marriage my looks and self esteem took a knock.  Now I'm having a bit of a renaissance.   I put value on the other 22 hours a day.  For me a woman is either a zero or a 1 at sex.  It's the livabilty I rate the fun factor out side bed.  Megan fox has only asked for the phone once and said I have her her grandmother's look when she did so I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #83 on: March 20, 2019, 12:34:47 AM »
Megan fox look alike met first husband at university and had a daughter .  Second husband after one year dropped the bomb shell he was in a ling term relationship in Moscow for the last 5 years.  So she went on the internet and we met.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #84 on: March 20, 2019, 12:55:39 AM »
Retrospectively landing at dinipro airport with Austrian airlines was interesting.  Landing plane got to 50 meters from the ground before full boost climb and about a half hour circuit and back on same landing path.  Broken concrete landing strip lots of derelict military building lots of old military functioning radar trucks and lots of armed jets missiled up and ready to go.  Lots of questions at pass port control

Offline lyndontom

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #85 on: March 20, 2019, 12:56:03 AM »
Sadly due to lack of work visas in London many Russian speakers resort to prostitution in London there are thousands of them on my doorstep why would I fly 3500 km.  Many friends have advised use the prostitute solution it's not for me.   I like the whole 24 7 package personally I can't imagine anything more lonely than walking in paying and walking out each to their own but for me it would be like a knife cutting my soul in half.

Ah so what you're looking for is a girlfriend experience prostitute...most would consider that an 'arrangement' not a relationship.

Personally I put no value on sex.  Luckily I had good looks in my youth.  In my 19 year virtually sexless marriage my looks and self esteem took a knock.  Now I'm having a bit of a renaissance.   I put value on the other 22 hours a day.  For me a woman is either a zero or a 1 at sex.  It's the livabilty I rate the fun factor out side bed.  Megan fox has only asked for the phone once and said I have her her grandmother's look when she did so I think I'm slowly getting the hang of this

You've show in previous relationships that you do put a value on sex. The people reading your posts weren't born yesterday.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #86 on: March 20, 2019, 04:53:46 AM »
Trench you need to visit dnipro angels in abundance.   Nice cafes.  Youthful vibe.  The  big question can I drive a manual gearbox after 21 years

Offline msmob

« Reply #87 on: March 20, 2019, 05:20:05 AM »
  Lots of questions at pass port control

Like...?

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #88 on: March 20, 2019, 06:13:20 AM »
Reason for visit.  Who visiting.  Where you will be travelling.  Where are you staying.   Will you be travelling to donestk.  When are you leaving.  Kiev is just stamp and go.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #89 on: March 20, 2019, 06:38:05 AM »
Reason for visit.  Who visiting.  Where you will be travelling.  Where are you staying.   Will you be travelling to donestk.  When are you leaving.  Kiev is just stamp and go.

It'll be because Dnipro is not a place tourists generally visit. So don't do what SteveinBoston did and say your there as a tourist when he went to visit Mariupol, they just won't believe it as no one visits those places for tourism. Your not as close to the front line as Mariupol so sounds like they went easier on you. The answer in both instances is just say 'zeks tourist', that is the only sort of tourist you should be proclaiming to be in those places :D Then they will understand precisely and let you through without further questioning. If they do happen to ask any further questions just stop them by this time shouting 'Zeks Tourist!, Zeks Tourist!' loudly, that should certainly sort the situation quickly for you ;)

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2019, 09:47:31 AM »
It'll be because Dnipro is not a place tourists generally visit. So don't do what SteveinBoston did and say your there as a tourist when he went to visit Mariupol, they just won't believe it as no one visits those places for tourism.

It’s these little nuggets that makes me almost believe Trench is a person instead of a mysogynist AI construct of some computer science major’s senior project.

They believed me when I stated I was visiting Mariupol as a tourist.  They just advised me it is not the best place to tour around these days.  I was delayed at the checkpoint for background checks during Nov/Dec 2018 martial law in Ukraine.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2019, 12:36:54 PM »
So now I know what the snow hides potholes 1 meter diameter by up to 30 cm deep 2 lane highway at 110 km .  It's like a video game but for real.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2019, 01:35:07 PM »
How's it going with Megan fox though?

Offline jone

« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2019, 03:23:17 PM »
How's it going with Megan fox though?

She was the pothole!
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2019, 11:04:40 PM »
Well Megan fox so far is good.  Except the obvious red flags of 2 recent failed marriages and doesn't work and yet seems to live well in the centre of dnipro. Slightly dusty appartment.   Cat size dog that never gets walked.  One meal out for 3 for £30.  I've probably purchased half the groceries and been asked to pay 10 pounds to school class activities.  Other than that very affectionate intelligent and lovable with.  Certainly understands service pipeline infrastructure so that was true.  I like her she's very calm but likable.  Golden  coloured almond eyes and a gym fit body.

Offline JayH

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2019, 11:59:58 PM »
Yes we are interested in knowing where is this damned flat :D

Well Megan fox so far is good.  Except the obvious red flags of 2 recent failed marriages and doesn't work and yet seems to live well in the centre of dnipro. Slightly dusty appartment.   Cat size dog that never gets walked.  One meal out for 3 for £30.  I've probably purchased half the groceries and been asked to pay 10 pounds to school class activities.  Other than that very affectionate intelligent and lovable with.  Certainly understands service pipeline infrastructure so that was true.  I like her she's very calm but likable.  Golden  coloured almond eyes and a gym fit body.

Pat quote was responding to my comment  about apartment  location  -- and Moby responded  it was none of my business.,
As so often is the case  -- Moby did not get the point being made.
Dnipro centre is not cheap -- Kyiv like prices etc
That alone says nothing -- and one point I thought of ( ie "some" girls will rent a place when a guy is coming -- some even for one day!!!)
Not to say any of that is this case -- but -- no visible means of support -- agreeing that he could stay etc  all raise more questions than obvious answers -yet ! :)

A btw -- on street alongside Most City  is a relatively new Xiaomi   phone store -- very decent phones   UAH 6000  -10,000 . Steve ( Boston) recently bought a Pocophone for his fiancee  and it would be interesting his comments on this ( or his lady)  .Great phones -- I have bought a few different models now --great camera and getting better all the time .

Another btw --I am not big on jumping to conclusions  - there can be a lot of explanations  eg  I met a lady who lived in THE most expensive building in Dnipro and drove top of range Merc - incredible looks -- etc etc had just divorced after husband traded her for a younger model ! She has walked away with plenty by any standard  and she was only mid thirties.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #96 on: March 21, 2019, 12:53:10 AM »
I think you're doing ok James. She could be trying to sound you out after you were not forthcoming with the phone. So I wouldn't encourage her by voluntarily getting a phone for her. That would mark you out as a pushover and good for all sorts of other stuff. I think at first she or most women will be apprehensive, cautious, etc until they are more familiar with the type of guy you are.

At the moment I think there is some unexplained stuff like how she is living quite nicely, doesn't seem too hard up but then asks you to buy her a phone, etc. Some grocery buying and meal out is fair enough as the guy usually pays plus you're staying with her rent free so all's fair as they say. She could be playing the long game or you may have put her in her place about by refusing to buy her the phone. Let's see how this plays out I'm guessing.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #97 on: March 21, 2019, 03:42:53 AM »
cats size horses who make one bedroom busy lol.
Don't be cautious about one marriage failed, that's common in Ukraine.
Also i see nothing wrong her asking you 10 bucks for class activities and of course half of the groceries. If you sleep with her if she sees you as a real mate it's ok for me.
3 meal out for 30 is ok.
Does she have children? So you meet them or live with them?

I would recommand you to go to the Tsoum last floor where they have opened a new restaurant cafetaria, the design is nice and prices low. It's the old supermarket (soviet style) beside Passage (the modern one) all in the very very center of Dnipro.
You have also this chocolad coffee one hundred meter of Passage on Karl Marx Avenue (in the opposite direction of the railways station), along tranway 1, right sidewalk. Your GF will like it and it makes children crazy.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #98 on: March 21, 2019, 10:04:28 AM »
I think I probably don't have a very good radar as to who is good and bad as a woman

Offline jone

« Reply #99 on: March 21, 2019, 10:08:50 AM »
The simple fact is you should be paying all of the expenses while you are there.   And your visit should also stand out as a special time.   That you are staying in her apartment and not ponying up is reproachable.

My suggestion is that you make your time special by taking her to the aquapark or a small trip somewhere where you get a nice hotel or something that does not make you out to be a greedy bastard.   She is evaluating you as a future husband.   Provide for her and act like one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541008
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1875
Total: 1886

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 01:09:03 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:51:13 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:33:48 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Today at 12:24:44 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM