It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Operation White Panther  (Read 364191 times)

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Operation White Panther
« Reply #600 on: December 14, 2014, 01:32:00 PM »
Reading forums such as this one, and, presumably, others in a similar vein, I can see how she came to that conclusion when it comes to men.  That type of statement is common on forums, though there are men who reject it.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #601 on: December 14, 2014, 01:43:33 PM »
?
This is the beginning of the introduction of an article written by a woman from Canada :

(snipped)

Lets me know your comments and you do feel after reading it ? How do you feel comparing this to your experience ?

Some is accurate. 

Simple reality is, a white Western European/Canadian/American guy, can go anywhere in the world and be seen as a good man , a "high value" man, that most women will have some interest in.  This includes of course, Asia, India, as well as FSU.

Perhaps the writer should ask:

"OK, white European guys are seen as high value for marriage.  But why are white European women, not seen as high value for marriage?"
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline Boethius

« Reply #602 on: December 14, 2014, 01:51:05 PM »
Since the majority of European white women are married, or have been married, your speculation on value is misplaced.

Simple reality is, a white Western European/Canadian/American guy, can go anywhere in the world and be seen as a good man , a "high value" man, that most women will have some interest in.  This includes of course, Asia, India, as well as FSU.

This has nothing to do with the man or his white skin, but rather, economics and perhaps, social/political stability in the man's country of origin.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2014, 01:52:48 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #603 on: December 14, 2014, 02:00:00 PM »
Since the majority of European white women are married, or have been married, your speculation on value is misplaced.

This has nothing to do with the man or his white skin, but rather, economics and perhaps, social/political stability in the man's country of origin.

Sorry I wasn't specific; I meant, "woman going outside her own country" ; as in , a woman from Western Europe going to China, India, that sort of thing.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #604 on: December 14, 2014, 02:01:37 PM »
Women aren't made/programmed that way.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #605 on: December 15, 2014, 03:33:31 AM »
I have decided to rewrite the introduction trying to deliver a more neutral point of view :

INTRODUCTION    One's first impression upon visiting the mail-order bride ("MOB") web sites and reading the catalogues is of personal ads for singles in the age of globalization. (2) The growing solitude of adults who have gone through difficult relationships, separations, and divorces--coupled with the difficulty of meeting compatible, available people--leads many to turn to specialized introduction services in the hope of meeting a soulmate. Today this phenomenon has assumed global proportions. The global quest for romance has been made possible by the growing accessibility of information technology networks and international travel. In this theoretical scenario, the ultimate goal is an intercultural marriage, with the objective of enabling the woman to immigrate.

While the first impression offered by international introduction agencies corresponds to the way the mail-order bride agencies and seeking men describe themselves, women here play a very passive role. A recurring theme on the mail-order bride web sites is the opposition curently made between american women and the women they advertise.
A closer look at the mail-order bride practices of these introduction agencies--which I will also refer to as MOB practices--reveals differents points of view. As a western woman it is seen as a multi-dimensional and interrelated inequities that place the bride in a position of dependence in relation to her First World husband. As men it is seen as a logical answer to a dating dynamic which clearly disadvantages him in his society and castrates him as male. Some others would say that the true motive are economics and some would say that is about demographics, a third party might highlight that two cultural genders disparities can gather for the best.

The true result of the MOB practice is a flourishing and lucrative industry. Again, for western women it is understood as  a trafficking of women from the Third World to husbands in the First World. For men it is the hope to find a better, nurturing partner. At the end the sad reality of the MOB is that the total number of people married thanks to the MOB is very low compared to the effort done by seekers.

The mail-order bride trade feeds on  realistic expectations in term of human beings about marital relationships.
Western women consider that The First World husband is typically looking for a docile, submissive, and subservient bride whom he can control and dominate.  He seeks a MOB specifically because of sexist sentiments, and his hatred and fear of the feminist movement. He rejects women of his own nationality as wives because he considers them to be aggressive and egotistical. He believes they are too ambitious, make excessive demands in marriage, and have expectations of equality with their husbands. He criticizes the desire of women for autonomy, independence, and equality.
Western men consider that the missing part of local women can be completed abroad. They can find beauty, education, feminine and trustable partners abroad and therefore they can stop to lower their standard which only lower themselves at the end. They try to flee the endless confrontation with women in theirs countries  to reach a more peaceful daily life with the partner they want to love. They want to renew with gender complementarity, and to find the sense to be the most important thing in woman's eye, not for one week, but for ever.

The bride, on the other hand, desires an American of the Hollywood star variety: a good, respectful, faithful, and loving husband and father. (6) The ideal type is white, tall, and has blue eyes.
For western women this trade is founded on the crudest of stereotypes, where the merchants of dreams
Men on an other hand truly believe that a good, respectful, faithful, loving husband and father is a a winner and they are thrilled to discover how valuable they are abroad when they can offer such ideal. If this is a Hollywood variety they consider that many of them are truly Hollywood stars.
the MOB agencies--get rich not only at the expense of the First World husbands, but also all at the expense of the brides, by generally preventing them to meet and by wrecking any rising international relationships reasons.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 03:45:07 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #606 on: December 15, 2014, 08:24:52 AM »
Western women consider that The First World husband is typically looking for a docile, submissive, and subservient bride whom he can control and dominate.
Too broad. 

The problem with you guys is ego.  Most WW never give a thought to men who seek foreign wives.  Most (note, not all, most) of those that do, I'm afraid, would overwhelmingly apply the term "loser" to such men.

So, I reject the neutrality of the above statement in your post.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #607 on: December 15, 2014, 09:33:21 AM »
Too broad. 

The problem with you guys is ego.  Most WW never give a thought to men who seek foreign wives.  Most (note, not all, most) of those that do, I'm afraid, would overwhelmingly apply the term "loser" to such men.

So, I reject the neutrality of the above statement in your post.
Correct, i should have written
Most western women consider that The First World husband is typically looking for a docile, submissive, and subservient bride whom he can control and dominate.  He seeks a MOB specifically because of sexist sentiments, and his hatred and fear of the feminist movement. He rejects women of his own nationality as wives because he considers them to be aggressive and egotistical. He believes they are too ambitious, make excessive demands in marriage, and have expectations of equality with their husbands. He criticizes the desire of women for autonomy, independence, and equality. To summarize they often think that those men are "losers".
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #608 on: December 15, 2014, 09:40:40 AM »
Still too broad.

Try - "Most Western women have no interest in the so called "MOB" topic. Some of those that do may believe a Western man is seeking a docile, etc."

Go down your street and ask a dozen women randomly if they have ever thought about the so called "MOB" business.  Most will look at you as if you are insane.

Most people worry more about their own lives, and don't give a hoot what other people are doing in theirs.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #609 on: December 15, 2014, 10:32:42 AM »
Most western women consider that The First World husband is typically looking for a docile, submissive, and subservient bride whom he can control and dominate.  He seeks a MOB specifically because of sexist sentiments, and his hatred and fear of the feminist movement. He rejects women of his own nationality as wives because he considers them to be aggressive and egotistical. He believes they are too ambitious, make excessive demands in marriage, and have expectations of equality with their husbands. He criticizes the desire of women for autonomy, independence, and equality. To summarize they often think that those men are "losers".

I don't who really cares about a bunch of slightly older guys going abroad and finding wives.   I think among the people I know, people get it.  I think that people outside my circle of friends probably have a negative viewpoint, and I'm ok with that.  I (and I would hope most others) have nothing to prove to anyone.    I personally find marriage to be a difficult endeavor in that it goes against my desire for independence so for me to get married it has to be one helluva good looking woman with most of the personality traits that I like! the women in America that would work for me, generally wouldn't be interested, and I can understand why.  They have better younger options, so I say good for them!

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #610 on: December 15, 2014, 01:14:24 PM »

This is clearly the narrative that WW want to tell about this industry, because they do not want to acknowledge that they themselves are lacking, and that they themselves do not want to step up their game.  So they engage in the above narrative, which is obviously an attempt at the usual "feminist shaming".

To put it more concisely I will use an anology that Mark Davis uses on his website, and that is that modern marriage to a WW is more of a negotiation; in fact you have not heard the type of words they use except in a business negotiation.  "You have to give 50/50" or you should be willing to give 100% of yourself and hope that your partner does the same".

In fact what is sorely missing (and I got this from Mark Davis's website) is the concept of finding your other half.  When you deal with a woman from a society who believes in her other half, than it's not this nit-picking "you aren't doing this, so I will do this to punish you" (for example withholding sex as a punishment and a means to modify behavior).  Instead it's based on a position of real love -- the woman (or the man) who believes in finding their other half says "why would I do anything to hurt my other half?" and the whole situation is completely different.

You can see from the example Patagonie uses above that it was nothing but the usual game, the usual negotiation with the girl he used as an example who had other guys with her on the same "date".  And you can see the usual feministic type of response to defend the feministic position.

http://dreamconnections.com/relationships/

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #611 on: December 15, 2014, 01:36:36 PM »
Still too broad.

Try - "Most Western women have no interest in the so called "MOB" topic. Some of those that do may believe a Western man is seeking a docile, etc."

Go down your street and ask a dozen women randomly if they have ever thought about the so called "MOB" business.  Most will look at you as if you are insane.

Most people worry more about their own lives, and don't give a hoot what other people are doing in theirs.

You go too far, i read again the corrected version i wrote
In fact each time that the word "women"  is  used, and equal word "men" is used. It respects the original spirit given by the canadian author who was globalizing, as i found it intellectualy dishonist i split the text to allow two perspectives, as possible.

Sometimes i use the word "western"  to clarify  in which camp are belonging those men or women (avoiding the confusion between brides and the western women especially).

You have to remember the context : the introducion was written by a women interested in MOB and genders.

To make the original version more acceptable i put in perspective the voice of men and try to soften her voice, which is very feminist oriented.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #612 on: December 15, 2014, 01:41:34 PM »

This is clearly the narrative that WW want to tell about this industry, because they do not want to acknowledge that they themselves are lacking, and that they themselves do not want to step up their game.  So they engage in the above narrative, which is obviously an attempt at the usual "feminist shaming".

It is clear that there is a total deny and an  impossibility for some to open their mind (NB : all women don't belong to this category), the formula which can summarize it : it is only men's fault, they are always responsible. A message who have frayed now since five decades

To put it more concisely I will use an anology that Mark Davis uses on his website, and that is that modern marriage to a WW is more of a negotiation; in fact you have not heard the type of words they use except in a business negotiation.  "You have to give 50/50" or you should be willing to give 100% of yourself and hope that your partner does the same".

In fact what is sorely missing (and I got this from Mark Davis's website) is the concept of finding your other half.  When you deal with a woman from a society who believes in her other half, than it's not this nit-picking "you aren't doing this, so I will do this to punish you" (for example withholding sex as a punishment and a means to modify behavior).  Instead it's based on a position of real love -- the woman (or the man) who believes in finding their other half says "why would I do anything to hurt my other half?" and the whole situation is completely different.

You can see from the example Patagonie uses above that it was nothing but the usual game, the usual negotiation with the girl he used as an example who had other guys with her on the same "date".  And you can see the usual feministic type of response to defend the feministic position.

http://dreamconnections.com/relationships/

Interesting, i need to dig this one.

Offline Photo Guy

« Reply #613 on: December 15, 2014, 01:52:44 PM »
One of the best things about finding a wife in the FSU, is their lack of a feminist background. This doesn't mean that they are completely devoid of all feminist 'values'. For example, the idea of equal pay for equal work is not shunned. FSUW are generally NOT subservient on a personal level in a marriage. Unlike many western women, they are not all about suppressing their femininity or attaining a masculine role. This is an over-simplification, but you get it. 

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #614 on: December 15, 2014, 03:16:26 PM »
I tried to build a more constructive text than the original one. However if i would have been more critical, i would have written something like that :
This is the beginning of the introduction of an article written by a woman from Canada :

INTRODUCTION    One's first impression upon visiting the mail-order bride ("MOB") web sites and reading the catalogues is of personal ads for singles in the age of globalization. (2) The growing solitude of adults who have gone through difficult relationships, separations, and divorces--coupled with the difficulty of meeting compatible, available people--leads many to turn to specialized introduction services in the hope of meeting a soulmate. Today this phenomenon has assumed global proportions. The global quest for romance has been made possible by the growing accessibility of information technology networks and international travel. In this theoretical scenario, the ultimate goal is an intercultural marriage, with the objective of enabling the woman to immigrate.
  While the first impression offered by international introduction agencies corresponds to the way the mail-order bride agencies and the First World husbands (Term quite insulting for all eastern women showing that they are inferior, consequently it only means that they belong to third world countries. Try to explain to any women of this countries that they live in third countries, make the test ! It is just proven here that the author know not a lot about those dynamics)
describe themselves, this first impression does not take into consideration the point of view of women (the point of view of who ? Point of view of feminists ? Why the society needs to give this exorbitant power to those people ? Because they own the god truth ? And why are they concerned by such international meeting ?  The point of view of women,   does she means the potential eastern brides ? But those women don't need to express opinion and starts to have this endless western blabla, they just want to start a new life for the ones who join, the others being fake agencies profiles)  Indeed, anti-feminist backlash is a recurring theme on the mail-order bride web sites (and here no alarm about how men are reacting ? Perhaps the feel attacked ? No ? )  . (4) A closer look at the mail-order bride practices of these introduction agencies--which I will also refer to as MOB practices--reveals multi-dimensional and interrelated inequities that place the bride in a position of dependence (please take note of how all human relationships are just about a balance of power between genders. In reality for the men the first dependence is on the MOB with financial, emotional and physical risks to be abused. They are also responsible during the K1. For the eastern women the dependence is likely to happen during the first two first years after her relocation, it can also happens to women who have men who prevent them to work) to her First World husband. The true result of the MOB practice is a flourishing and lucrative industry involving the trafficking of women from the Third World to husbands in the First World. (Now we go to the basement, before it was about balance of power, now it is trafficking women, slaves, children, pimping. She misses the point as pimping rarely uses the marriage canal to enslave women)
  The mail-order bride trade feeds on highly unrealistic and contradictory expectations about marital relationships (so is it unrealistic and contradictory to want to be married ? If it is about finding a (read the following sentences) so yes it is unrealistic because few of these women are existing, especially in FSU). The First World husband is typically looking for a docile, submissive, and subservient bride whom he can control and dominate. (5) He seeks a MOB specifically because of sexist sentiments, and his hatred and fear of the feminist movement. He rejects women of his own nationality as wives because he considers them to be aggressive and egotistical (the verbal diarrhea continues). He believes they are too ambitious, make excessive demands in marriage, and have expectations of equality with their husbands. He criticizes the desire of women for autonomy, independence, and equality. The bride, on the other hand, desires an American of the Hollywood star variety: a good, respectful, faithful, and loving husband and father. (6) The ideal type is white, tall, and has blue eyes. This trade is founded on the crudest of stereotypes, where the merchants of dreams--the MOB agencies--get rich not only at the expense of the First World husbands, but above all at the expense of the brides. (ok i stop to comment because this so out of the reality ....)

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #615 on: December 15, 2014, 03:32:33 PM »
One of the best things about finding a wife in the FSU, is their lack of a feminist background. This doesn't mean that they are completely devoid of all feminist 'values'. For example, the idea of equal pay for equal work is not shunned. FSUW are generally NOT subservient on a personal level in a marriage. Unlike many western women, they are not all about suppressing their femininity or attaining a masculine role. This is an over-simplification, but you get it.
+1
I never  felt, even one second, through all the time i spent with them, to  be with a subservient FSU woman.

Offline Muzh

« Reply #616 on: December 15, 2014, 03:37:28 PM »

I don't who really cares about a bunch of slightly older guys going abroad and finding wives.   I think among the people I know, people get it.  I think that people outside my circle of friends probably have a negative viewpoint, and I'm ok with that.

Liar. If it didn't bother you, you would not have brought it up.  :P

I (and I would hope most others) have nothing to prove to anyone.   

Riiight. That's why you came to a Russian women forum and you are married to a latina. Yep. Nothing to prove. Heh

I personally find marriage to be a difficult endeavor in that it goes against my desire for independence so for me to get married it has to be one helluva good looking woman with most of the personality traits that I like!

Usually, and this goes for everybody else that has the same size shoe, when you (in general) try to subdue your partner, normally you will have difficulties in that relationship.

the women in America that would work for me, generally wouldn't be interested, and I can understand why.  They have better younger options, so I say good for them!

Fathertime!   

Oh, I wouldn't say they all want the young studs. They just like a partner, not a master and commander.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #617 on: December 15, 2014, 03:38:50 PM »

PG, better take off your rose-colored glasses.

My wife always laugh at statements like this. She always claims that the FSU women were the first feminists.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline fathertime

« Reply #618 on: December 15, 2014, 05:43:03 PM »

Liar. If it didn't bother you, you would not have brought it up.  :P

By your comment, I think it is safe to assume that YOU care a lot about what others (strangers) think, and you shape your actions accordingly.  I don't see why you should though.

Riiight. That's why you came to a Russian women forum and you are married to a latina. Yep. Nothing to prove. Heh

So coming to a Russian forum means a person has something to prove.  That is real solid 'logic'.   :rolleyes:
It does give me a little delight though that my mere presence here prompts you to make silly comments and foam slightly at the mouth. 

Oh, I wouldn't say they all want the young studs. They just like a partner, not a master and commander.

Yes that is generally true.  Regardless, for me personally, I felt I aged out of the type of American lady that would motivate me to the point of marriage. 

Fathertime!   

I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
« Reply #619 on: December 19, 2014, 04:11:37 AM »
Women aren't made/programmed that way.

I agree with your statement. 

Perhaps it explains why there is sometimes some "man shaming" going on - since women know they are unlikely to go afield for a mate, it follows that they are "stuck" with the in-country pool of men. 

Therefore if men are able to leave but women will not leave, it will mean more competition for a woman to surmount. 

The rationalization, therefore leads women to say "the men who leave must be unworthy".

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
Operation White Panther ; the red pill
« Reply #620 on: December 23, 2014, 05:31:37 AM »
Ptite blond in the vicinity

So i was in a three months reltionship. A nurturing relationship with a family around me.
And then it came.

the letter

The one which pops up on your computer et just after you open it, just in three seconds you know.
Your heart stops to beat and you are overwhelmed by a tsunami of emotions.
You know that is done. Dismissed.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #621 on: June 08, 2015, 12:32:44 PM »
We have just turned two years of marriage.

The first year was the most difficult.
Even if you believe to know and love your partner, his and you character have not been totally explored.
So you are hitting the boundaries which is sometimes explosive.

The difference of culture and how things work in the west need some adjustment for FSU women. There is time for
this country sucks (Ukraine is better) before she starts to see advantages and disadvantages of both system.
THe main concern was the daughter, worrying that she couldn't step in this new education system.
The tranquilization came during the second year. I was aware of the amazing capacity of children to learn a new language and i am not disappointed.

For my wife the story is a little different.

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #622 on: June 08, 2015, 05:57:26 PM »
We have just turned two years of marriage.

Congratulations on your anniversary!  :clapping:

The tranquilization came during the second year. I was aware of the amazing capacity of children to learn a new language and i am not disappointed.

For my wife the story is a little different.

I'm guessing that your wife had/is having trouble learning French.  How good is it now?  Had she studied any at school, or had she only been taught some English?

Offline Boethius

« Reply #623 on: June 08, 2015, 06:07:23 PM »
Yes, congratulations on your anniversary, Patagonie.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #624 on: June 08, 2015, 06:25:25 PM »
The first year was the most difficult.

Hey, that's a good thing. It can only mean you and your wife are moving closer together as time goes by, not further apart. Grats on your anniversary!
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1967
Total: 1977

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM