It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 412327 times)

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #1950 on: September 09, 2015, 02:36:24 AM »
There were only three who signed the agreement, guaranteeing territorial integrity.  Russia, Great Britain and the US.  One of the three admits sending soldiers into a portion of Ukraine and carving off a part of it (Krim) while the other two have clearly not lived up to their promises. 

The fourth, Ukraine, was a signatory who fulfilled their obligation, which was giving up the nukes.  Then, made the mistake of picking up a bar of soap in the shower.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #1951 on: September 09, 2015, 12:13:51 PM »
Exactly, which is why I personally would not protest if Ukraine were to have her nuclear program restarted.
The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline AkMike

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #1952 on: September 09, 2015, 07:44:24 PM »
There were only three who signed the agreement, guaranteeing territorial integrity.  Russia, Great Britain and the US.  One of the three admits sending soldiers into a portion of Ukraine and carving off a part of it (Krim) while the other two have clearly not lived up to their promises. 

The fourth, Ukraine, was a signatory who fulfilled their obligation, which was giving up the nukes.  Then, made the mistake of picking up a bar of soap in the shower.

France and China also signed a some what weaker version of assurances to Ukraine, Belarus and K-stan.  Belarus may be in for the same treatment as Ukraine has in the foreseeable future.

Offline jone

« Reply #1953 on: September 09, 2015, 07:51:26 PM »
Agreed Mike. 

But the original agreement had the four parties signing it.  Russia's belligerence and the US and GB's weak response is the new norm.   If the US had any backbone, they would have responded and honored their commitment.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline southernX

« Reply #1954 on: September 09, 2015, 08:41:41 PM »
Exactly, which is why I personally would not protest if Ukraine were to have her nuclear program restarted.
agree mendy

personaly i think in the future a nuclear detterent may be the best  option for ukraine and others including us in australia

given the increase in aggression around the world this may not be as dangerous as it at first sounds

SX
Going to church doesn't make you a Christian any more than standing in a garage makes you a car.

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1955 on: September 09, 2015, 09:02:07 PM »
agree mendy

personaly i think in the future a nuclear detterent may be the best  option for ukraine and others including us in australia

given the increase in aggression around the world this may not be as dangerous as it at first sounds

SX
Unfortunately I am starting to agree...look at all the countries the US has recently attacked, and is attacking,using drones on, or supplying air power and support to rebels....if these countries had nukes they wouldn't be touched.  A big problem would be how to keep the weapons secure,and out of the hands of those that would use them for terror.

Fathertime!   
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #1956 on: September 09, 2015, 11:52:27 PM »
From a nuke safety perspective, Ukraine is safer than even Russia. Ukraine lacks the large populations of restless (and sometimes for good reason) Islamic regions, and Nazi-nationalist groups. Both those are in far greater numbers in Russia.

On an organized crime and corruption threat, Ukraine is slowly gaining distance from Russia on this as well. In Ukraine you still have both, but there is now a growing will of the people to stop corruption, whereas in Russia it is not only ingrained, but it is official economic doctrine.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline Larissa2

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1957 on: September 10, 2015, 01:01:06 AM »
Every dog is valiant at his own door.

Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Offline krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1958 on: September 10, 2015, 08:14:36 AM »
В чужо́м глазу́ сори́нку заме́тно, а в своём -- бревна́ не вида́ть

Offline krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1959 on: September 10, 2015, 08:21:15 AM »
Лучше молчать и думать дураком, чем говорить и удалить все сомнения :D

Offline AkMike

« Reply #1960 on: September 10, 2015, 08:37:52 AM »
Лучше молчать и думать дураком, чем говорить и удалить все сомнения :D

Very fitting.. :rolleyes:

Offline cc3

« Reply #1961 on: September 10, 2015, 09:30:13 AM »

Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Which is why Ukraine is putting up such a valiant fight against Putin's invading muscovite eur-asiatic hordes. If Putin does not leave Ukraine soon many, many more Cargo 200 trucks will be stealthily transporting deceased Russian corpses back to the motherland for secret disposal by the dictatorship.

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #1962 on: September 10, 2015, 09:50:12 AM »
I am stealing this from my friend Pete over at Moscow FM, Moscow's only English language radio station:

How to be Russian today:
1. Wear European and American clothes.
2. Wear American and European jewelry.
3. Drive American and European cars.
4. Use American smartphones and computers.
5. Watch American and European films and television shows.
6. Travel to Europe and America.
7. Eat European and American food.
8. Buy property in Europe or America.
9. Post on social networks how much you hate America and Europe.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 10:47:47 AM by mendeleyev »

Offline John of Hesperia

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1963 on: September 10, 2015, 10:18:54 AM »
I am stealing this from my friend Pete over at Moscow RM, Moscow's only English language radio station:

How to be Russian today:
1. Wear European and American clothes.
2. Wear American and European jewelry.
3. Drive American and European cars.
4. Use American smartphones and computers.
5. Watch American and European films and television shows.
6. Travel to Europe and America.
7. Eat European and American food.
8. Buy property in Europe or America.
9. Post on social networks how much you hate America and Europe.
Sounds like typical Progressive/Liberal Americans, but especially #9.
Old ain't dead, but it don't feel good getting old.  Pain is nature's way of telling me I'm still alive!

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1964 on: September 11, 2015, 12:30:44 AM »
 Why the Russia will not climbs to the US? Why is the US all time climbs in Russia?So strange.Very interesting.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1965 on: September 11, 2015, 12:38:40 AM »

Why do I get the feeling John is one of those guys sitting on his porch, yelling at kids to get off his darn lawn?

The interesting and/or innovative clothing, jewelry, computers, films, and television shows are created almost exclusively by "progressives".
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1966 on: September 11, 2015, 12:41:02 AM »
Why the Russia will not climbs to the US? Why is the US all time climbs in Russia?So strange.Very interesting.

How is the US "climbing" to Russia?  I'm trying to think how you translated this to understand what you are trying to say.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #1967 on: September 11, 2015, 01:03:54 AM »

I think you need to open your eyes, Larisa. First, it was Vladimir Putin who invited the USA to have a NATO base inside Russia for the USA to use for Afghanistan. I didn't see many Russians complaining about the money for rent the USA paid to the Kremlin. Back then, Putin was willing to rent Russia to NATO for money. Now, he claims that NATO is too close. Strange, very strange.

Are you aware of Russia in American's backyard, her near abroad? Central and South America have always been considered close to, but not ruled by, the USA. Now you have Russia in BRICS which starts with B, for Brazil. You also have Russian military participating in drills with Argentina and Venezuela, and Russia is building a nuclear submarine base in Venezuela, backyard of the USA.

I find it strange, very strange, that you do not know about this!

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1968 on: September 11, 2015, 07:13:02 AM »

Are you aware of Russia in American's backyard, her near abroad? Central and South America have always been considered close to, but not ruled by, the USA. Now you have Russia in BRICS which starts with B, for Brazil. You also have Russian military participating in drills with Argentina and Venezuela, and Russia is building a nuclear submarine base in Venezuela, backyard of the USA.

At this point, I don't think many of the South American countries consider themselves the backyard of the USA.  There is a lot of fouled sentiment in many of the regions due to some of the exploitative things we have done in the past.  That being said, clearly the US does exercise some indirect control over the regions, and Russia being present at all, is probably seen as a thorn in our side. 

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
« Reply #1969 on: September 11, 2015, 02:45:08 PM »
One of our rare points of agreement.....  :D

Offline Muzh

« Reply #1970 on: September 11, 2015, 03:45:30 PM »
I didn't say American politics is as corrupt as in Ukraine.  But you look at the money needed to run in federal elections, how much is needed for the presidency, look at the candidates, look at the influence various players have (Wall Street bankers, for one), look at how many members of Congress don't leave office wealthier than when they entered, then tell me with a straight face the US political system is not corrupt.

Heh, there are TWO people who are planning on spending about $900,000,000 to get a GOP president elected. Now, what is the difference from Russian and Ukrainian oligarchs?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #1971 on: September 11, 2015, 03:54:40 PM »

My, my, my. You sound just like Larissa. Nothing like a little dissent to scream I hate America. Right?

And here are all these open-minded Americans LECTURING Larissa about how to be tolerant and allow the dissenters to express their POV.

Yeah, right.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Muzh

« Reply #1972 on: September 11, 2015, 03:55:58 PM »

How is the US "climbing" to Russia?  I'm trying to think how you translated this to understand what you are trying to say.

Maybe she meant "mounting?" That would make sense.  ;D

Offline krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #1973 on: September 11, 2015, 04:00:11 PM »
Larissa,

1945 part of Czechoslovakia was taken by the Soviet Union
1945 part of Poland was taken by the Soviet Union
1944 part of Finland was taken by the Soviet Union
1945 part of Japan was taken by the Soviet Union
1945 part of Germany was taken by the Soviet Union
1940 Latvia was taken by the Soviet Union
1940 Lithuania was taken by the Soviet Union
1940 Estonia was taken by the Soviet Union
1940 Moldova  was taken by the Soviet Union
1920 Mongolia was taken  by the Soviet Union
2008 part of Georgia was taken by Russia
2014 part of Ukraine was taken by Russia

Can you point to me the area around Russia and show me a single square centimeter taken by that horrible all-conquering enemy of yours “America”???  No, you can’t, and of course almost every single one of the countries listed above is now a member of a military alliance with the United States.  Who do you think THESE countries are afraid of, and why do you think they joined such an alliance? 

Is Russia upset because it fears America will try to “conquer its territory”, or is Russia upset because these alliances interfere with Russia’s future territorial expansion ambitions? 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1974 on: September 11, 2015, 04:46:11 PM »

Tell her this, as she stands at her father's grave.  Her sin?  To be born in Ukraine, next door to Putinmania.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541536
Total Topics: 20868
Most Online Today: 1847
Most Online Ever: 12701