It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Could this actually BE bad news for the Kremlin ?  (Read 4250 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Could this actually BE bad news for the Kremlin ?
« on: March 27, 2017, 11:15:55 AM »
On the 26th March there were  protests against corruption took place in 80 cities across Russia

It hardly warranted a headline on the Kremlin controlled media IN Russia - other than a Policeman was injured in a forbidden demo in Moscow... the demo was permitted - but not in the city centre

What might be different this time ? Russians know that corruption starts from he top and instead of focusing on Putin - a video circulated that showed Prime Minister Medevdev's  riches ..vineyards, etc.,

This video put it better than I could

http://www.facebook.com/markgaleottionrussia/videos/1128973020564556/

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Could this actually BE bad news for the Kremlin ?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2017, 03:31:21 PM »
On the 26th March there were  protests against corruption took place in 80 cities across Russia

It hardly warranted a headline on the Kremlin controlled media IN Russia - other than a Policeman was injured in a forbidden demo in Moscow... the demo was permitted - but not in the city centre

What might be different this time ? Russians know that corruption starts from he top and instead of focusing on Putin - a video circulated that showed Prime Minister Medevdev's  riches ..vineyards, etc.,

This video put it better than I could

http://www.facebook.com/markgaleottionrussia/videos/1128973020564556/

Despite a lot of biased assumptions by Mark Galeotti, it is an interesting take on things.  I guess we'll see, but I think he's over-optomistic about the level of dissatisfaction in Russia.

Offline Bounder

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2017, 03:36:43 PM »
Here's another take on things Russian.  And no I don't care that they are funded by the Kremlin, just as the BBC and the CBC are funded by their own governments.  Also, having worked very closely with the media over the last decade, I'm entirely comfortable posting this as EQUALLY LEGITIMATE to anything going on in the Western Media.  Take it for what it's worth and understand, there's ALWAYS a bias.

http://www.rt.com/op-edge/382426-putin-russia-media-west-guardian/

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 08:58:14 PM »
How many Canadian or British journalists have been murdered for anti government reports?

Please also link the RT stories critical of the Russian government. There are plenty of CBC stories critical of Canada's government, and plenty of BBC stories critical of the British government.

Everyone has biases. I don't know about the BBC, but I do know Canadian reporters do try to get both sides of the story in most cases. RT does not do that consistently.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline JayH

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2017, 09:14:50 PM »

I started a thread that covers the same topic in a wider way.

http://www.russianwomendiscussion.com/index.php?topic=21833.msg459935#msg459935

Putting it simplistically -- these "demonstrations" would not have been allowed to happen without a reason.
There is considerable conjecture on that particular point.
SLAVA UKRAYINI  ! HEROYAM SLAVA!!!!
Слава Украине! Слава героям слава!Слава Україні! Слава героям!
 translated as: Glory to Ukraine! Glory to the heroes!!!  is a Ukrainian greeting slogan being used now all over Ukraine to signify support for a free independent Ukraine

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2017, 09:20:18 PM »
That is exactly what the better half said, and he gave me historical precedents from Tsarist times. Anyone who follows the Russian government knows they have combed the archives in an attempt to build on what worked from the past. A lot of their foreign policy and approaches come directly from Prince Gorchakov.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2017, 11:58:12 PM »
Here's another take on things Russian.  And no I don't care that they are funded by the Kremlin, just as the BBC and the CBC are funded by their own governments.

Bounder,

The BBC is NOT directly funded from HM govt.

Please try and respond to Boethius' point re the national broadcaster being critical - or even bringing down leaders with investigations into their fibs....

You won't have seen Navalny's video on Medvedev or even a discussion of it on Kremlin owned or controlled media- so it's veracity could be discussed

The danger of believing Manchester based websites that suggest my homelessness / inability to vote and 'ban' me for trying to point out the inaccuracy should be a clue as to stunts learnt from the sponsor ;)

Also, having worked very closely with the media over the last decade, I'm entirely comfortable posting this as EQUALLY LEGITIMATE to anything going on in the Western Media.  Take it for what it's worth and understand, there's ALWAYS a bias.

http://www.rt.com/op-edge/382426-putin-russia-media-west-guardian/
[/quote]

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541333
Total Topics: 20861