It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: California May Ban Schools From Suspending Students For ‘Willful Defiance’  (Read 13987 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
The mythical fairy tale driven by the Obama administration regarding the dossier/Russian collusion/obstruction of justice is over BC. You need to stop spreading basura guy. With the media we have, we really don't think our country need additional heap coming from someone who doesn't live here, no? Goodness, I wonder what life will be like for folks like you who doesn't live here had we not have internet these days. The only question left is, what shiny object you guys are going to grab unto next to continue these mindless antics? Subpoena Trump to see if he really have huge hands? Your decades-old 'America is Doomed' suit is out-of-date, bro.

Mueller's report is out, have you read it?
People filing BK due to medical care is at BEST, a miniscule number of Americans previously indifferent about what may happen to them prior to their condition. Heck, our state governor would like to introduce a law to provide health coverage for illegal immigrants. Chew on the puppy a while and see if our state regarding our health care program is in as dire state as you think it is. LMAO.

half a million medical related BK per year ain't chump change.

The facts of Obamacare are:
 a) A subsidized sum of $700,000,000,000.00 was gone the first 3 years of Obamacare. POOF! Almost a trillion dollars gone in less than 900 days. That's a mighty handsome payback for those greek columns, man. Obama definitely made a lot of people 'happy', eh?
b) People in Medicaid today (free healthcare) is the same number of people on Medicaid PRIOR to Obamacre.
c) 29 million Americans are still uninsured as of 2018. Pretty much the same number your heroes tossed around prior to this silly law, eh.

The pre-Obamacare number was 44 million.  Don't have the time to check your figures.
http://www.kff.org/uninsured/fact-sheet/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/

Due to efforts to destabilize the healthcare marketplace, around a million more uninsured on Trump's watch.

Don't lose sleep over that, too without looking deeply into what that number really represent.

Almost 60% of American carry employer-provided healthcare. That's from a labor force that is roughly 70% of the population. Add in families of this 'insured' American, you sort of get a good idea that the vast majority of American have insurance, no? After all, I'm willing to bet a responsible working Dad or Mom would more than likely make sure their kid/s are covered, too - yes? That’s only on the civilian sector. Adding government-employed force (federal, state and local), which as you know provides top notched health coverages, you begin to get the drift.

In all universal systems I have been enrolled in, the whole family is covered.  60% covered by employment leaves 40% not covered.  That's a lot of folks.

Is healthcare expensive in the US? Hell yes!! Deservedly so. We have the best medical care in the world after all. Both the companies my wife and I work for have great healthcare program (PPO). Thus, only one coverage program covers our family. The other provides us a nice 'financial compensation' for opting out of coverage. So in essence, when balanced out, we don't pay any premiums for our covergae, period. $400.00 annual deductible with $10.00/visit co-pay, plus 5% co-pay with a $200,000.00 ceiling. Mighty thanks to Trump, prescription drugs are for the most part non-existent these days. Literally, at worst, our financial exposure is less than $11,000.00/catastrophic event. BK? LMAO! We have that amount in a piggy bank.

Be grateful you can afford healthcare for yourself and your family.  Many others cannot.  Among those filing BK many do have some kind of insurance, just not enough or with high deductibles and low coverage limits.  Pretty sad when the majority of Americans fear the bill more than the disease. As stated before, a good portion of the bill you and your insurer pays covers the costs of uninsured.  Nothing is free.  It's in the hospital balance sheet.  Some specialized care may well be better in the US, but as far as preventative medicine and keeping the entire population as healthy as possible, the US does not stack up well despite the high costs.

Here, diabetics get the insulin they need, they don't have to cut doses risking even higher costs down the road. 

There are indeed areas where the US excels when it comes to care for those that get care.  But there are severe deficiencies also that stick out like a sore thumb.

http://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/#item-obstetric-trauma-during-vaginal-delivery-2015

No BC, we're doing OK so far despite the actions of the obstructionist libs. We have no reason to don yellow vests yet like they do in some paradise from a galaxy far, far away. We're fine and happy where we are that I wish everyone else elsewhere is doing just as well. After all, if YOU and/or I are really happy people, YOU or I have no need to tell others their sad fate, no? ;)

It's just like those idiots who declared leaving the US if Trump became POTUS. Yup, guess what? They're still here.

Again wildly off topic.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Again wildly off topic.
Yes we need to return the thread to California schools please. Sorry I wondered off to Canada..         

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline BC

Obamacare was making people that had health care pay for those
who didn't, unless you were politically reliable and gave sufficient
money to the party then you were allowed an exception.

So you would rather pay higher premiums and dedicate a higher portion of the taxes you pay to cover services received by uninsured.  This is one of the reasons why US healthcare costs are 30-60% higher than elsewhere.  Lets face it, we will all need expensive healthcare at one point or the other but shouldn't be putting our homes and businesses at risk, nor taking half doses which just push the burden down the road.  With all paying in most all of this is avoided.  Bankruptcy courts wouldn't mind at all, nor would lenders.  ER hospitals wouldn't mind reducing the financial load of non critical ER visits 'cause folks can't afford to visit a normal doctor.

It's typical Democratic corruption, getting payola from those who
had something and protection for those who paid into the DNC
coffers. It was all sold as a lie, saying it will cost less and that
he wouldn't rip off people who were already covered.

It was never allowed to work.  Insurers won't lower premiums when the market is not stable.  But yes, I agree politics of fear ruined it. 
Exactly
Exactly.. a quarter is a quarter regardless which side you look at it.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
New enrollments of foreign students in the US is trending downward.

Trump has purposely decreased the amount of visas that are most likely abused. Most illegal immigration in America comes from visa overstays. Trump has increased the amount of visas going to professionals and other intelligent people but student visas and tourist visas have been reduced since those are violated often. 2014-2018 visas issued in link below. F-1 are student visas.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2018AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport%20-%20TableXVIB.pdf
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Mueller's report is out, have you read it?

Do hold on to that shiny object will you? The Robert, Elvis and the Pips have all left the collusion building and gone home BC. They left the light on for you.

...half a million medical related BK per year ain't chump change...

You think maybe that has something to do with premiums becoming unaffordable and most providers were leaving state and town due to the fact that dandy of a subsidy is all but gone?

The pre-Obamacare number was 44 million.  Don't have the time to check your figures.
http://www.kff.org/uninsured/fact-sheet/key-facts-about-the-uninsured-population/

Due to efforts to destabilize the healthcare marketplace, around a million more uninsured on Trump's watch.

Don't lose sleep over that, too without looking deeply into what that number really represent.

In all universal systems I have been enrolled in, the whole family is covered.  60% covered by employment leaves 40% not covered.  That's a lot of folks.

Be grateful you can afford healthcare for yourself and your family.  Many others cannot.  Among those filing BK many do have some kind of insurance, just not enough or with high deductibles and low coverage limits.  Pretty sad when the majority of Americans fear the bill more than the disease. As stated before, a good portion of the bill you and your insurer pays covers the costs of uninsured.  Nothing is free.  It's in the hospital balance sheet.  Some specialized care may well be better in the US, but as far as preventative medicine and keeping the entire population as healthy as possible, the US does not stack up well despite the high costs.

Here, diabetics get the insulin they need, they don't have to cut doses risking even higher costs down the road. 

There are indeed areas where the US excels when it comes to care for those that get care.  But there are severe deficiencies also that stick out like a sore thumb.

http://www.healthsystemtracker.org/chart-collection/quality-u-s-healthcare-system-compare-countries/#item-obstetric-trauma-during-vaginal-delivery-2015

The rest is just your usual ‘America is Doomed’ drivel man. 7 in 10 insured American are insured via private insurance as of today. Guess how many are insured under Obamacare today? How about 8.5 million. 28 million are still uninsured. Guess where those 20 million more who were uninsured in 2009? They’re working today bro. Thanks in large measure to TrumpEconomics not obama’s Extortion of a law. They were uninsured not because of health care cost but rather they were out of work and out of employer-based coverage. $700 billion gone and we had a clueless moron in the whitehouse at the time to have worked on the economy instead of paying people back for his Greek columns.

http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/11/15/obamacare-americans-with-health-insurance-uninsured

Where’s the US’s current unemployment rate again? 3.8 last February 2019. Heard the Q1 report?

BC I can’t even begin to imagine your excitement had our unemployment rate is over 10% right now. That would clearly support your narrative about doomed America, eh? Oh wait, my bad. That’s actually the current unemployment rate in your chosen paradise, no? LMAO!

Again wildly off topic.

Disagree. It was perfectly on target.

I do agree with your original point, 10 years ago Americans got totally screwed. I am happy you clearly see that now.

Anywho- TFcrew. Didn’t mean to hijack the thread just slapping a bit of reality around.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2019, 12:21:43 AM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline msmob

''Didn’t mean to hijack the thread just slapping a bit of reality around.''

Whoooossssh.. The launch of heavy irony passing overhead..

Thanks for starting my day with a laugh, there, GQB!

I have missed you....

Offline GQBlues

''Didn’t mean to hijack the thread just slapping a bit of reality around.''

Whoooossssh.. The launch of heavy irony passing overhead..

Thanks for starting my day with a laugh, there, GQB!

I have missed you....

Missed you too Mob! Did you see my ‘Tiger’ last month? I seem to remember someone was sure what happened ‘aint’  happening. Who might that be again?  :P
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline msmob

Missed you too Mob! Did you see my ‘Tiger’ last month? I seem to remember someone was sure what happened ‘aint’  happening. Who might that be again?  :P

IF you care to check, I posted a grovelling acknowledgement that you were correct to keep the faith ..))

My Maun Rory -  from my hometown and same school - but a 'few years later' - was conspicuously 'absent' until too late

Offline BC

Trump has purposely decreased the amount of visas that are most likely abused. Most illegal immigration in America comes from visa overstays. Trump has increased the amount of visas going to professionals and other intelligent people but student visas and tourist visas have been reduced since those are violated often. 2014-2018 visas issued in link below. F-1 are student visas.

http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/AnnualReports/FY2018AnnualReport/FY18AnnualReport%20-%20TableXVIB.pdf

Good source Billy, shows the decline starting prior to Trump and declining steadily.

Offline BC

Do hold on to that shiny object will you? The Robert, Elvis and the Pips have all left the collusion building and gone home BC. They left the light on for you.

You think maybe that has something to do with premiums becoming unaffordable and most providers were leaving state and town due to the fact that dandy of a subsidy is all but gone?

Premiums became unaffordable in large part because insurers could not assess the risk due to ever changing politics and efforts to 'take out' Obamacare.  In addition the mandate was steadily weakened making the pool of those that did enroll primarily a higher risk group with pre-existing conditions that could not get healthcare elsewhere.

The rest is just your usual ‘America is Doomed’ drivel man. 7 in 10 insured American are insured via private insurance as of today. Guess how many are insured under Obamacare today? How about 8.5 million. 28 million are still uninsured. Guess where those 20 million more who were uninsured in 2009? They’re working today bro. Thanks in large measure to TrumpEconomics not obama’s Extortion of a law. They were uninsured not because of health care cost but rather they were out of work and out of employer-based coverage. $700 billion gone and we had a clueless moron in the whitehouse at the time to have worked on the economy instead of paying people back for his Greek columns.

http://amp.timeinc.net/fortune/2018/11/15/obamacare-americans-with-health-insurance-uninsured

Where’s the US’s current unemployment rate again? 3.8 last February 2019. Heard the Q1 report?

BC I can’t even begin to imagine your excitement had our unemployment rate is over 10% right now. That would clearly support your narrative about doomed America, eh? Oh wait, my bad. That’s actually the current unemployment rate in your chosen paradise, no? LMAO!

Yes, lower  unemployment would lend to thinking that more would be insured, but somehow doesn't jive with the numbers...
 http://news.gallup.com/poll/246134/uninsured-rate-rises-four-year-high.aspx

7 out of 10 leaves 30% left out or?  Quite a burden IMHO.

I'm not all about doom and gloom, but can recognize when other countries are doing much better with their healthcare programs.

Disagree. It was perfectly on target.

I do agree with your original point, 10 years ago Americans got totally screwed. I am happy you clearly see that now.

Yeah they did, a door was opened for all and a minority was able to almost push it shut again.

Offline GQBlues

Well BC, let me just say, personally, I would rather have America with as little government in our lives as possible. After all, that was the very cause of its independence to begin with. Health care, and to the subject topic of the thread, education, are at its dire state due to the dirty hands of our legislatures.

I’m very happy for the folks who languish under their social systems. Me, I’m doing just fine being the captain of my ship that this country allowed me to be. Man’s heaven and hell perspective.

Offline BC

Well BC, let me just say, personally, I would rather have America with as little government in our lives as possible. After all, that was the very cause of its independence to begin with. Health care, and to the subject topic of the thread, education, are at its dire state due to the dirty hands of our legislatures.

I’m very happy for the folks who languish under their social systems. Me, I’m doing just fine being the captain of my ship that this country allowed me to be. Man’s heaven and hell perspective.

GQ,

I also prefer as little government as is necessary.  Just like we have a balance of power in gov, gov needs to provide a balance for biz so that all (we the people) can enjoy progress.

Of all healthcare systems I don't necessarily like Italy's system where all is in gov's hands, paid for via general tax revenue. But I do like that of Germany more where everyone pitches in financially, employer and employee, covering all dependents, based on income with a large number of commercial providers that compete with a primary more or less state run 'standard' insurer.  This provides a level playing field with each insurer enticing customers either with lower pricing or added benefits.  Each approved insurer makes a decent profit and participates in a risk sharing pool.  I think this model would fit the US much better. 

No system will be perfect, but the US has the ability to come close if we can get over our unfounded fears.

Obamacare set a standard menu for basic covered services making it much easier for the consumer to compare and decide what fits them best.  To tell you the truth comparing different private healthcare plans is extremely difficult even for the brightest bulbs in the closet.  I think even you can agree that this along with coverage for pre-existing conditions is a big step forward even if everything else about Obamacare is trashed.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
I love it when a “person-of-color” comes to our country and is able to find a good paying job
It really show how welcoming America can be to less fortunate people
“...the shining beacon on the hill”

Offline GQBlues

Yup. Additionally it is very tolerant, if not accommodating, for the ‘handicap and mentally impaired’ members of its society. What a country!

Online krimster2

"Yup. Additionally it is very tolerant, if not accommodating, for the ‘handicap and mentally impaired’ members of its society. What a country!"

essentially describing the core constituency of every stratum of American society...
for every rule
there are "exceptions"
so to be an exceptional man
you must first begin
by breaking all the rules

« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 08:04:30 AM by krimster2 »

Offline BC

The measure of a country's greatness should be based on how well it cares for its most vulnerable populations.
Ghandi

Offline mhr7

Ghandi never said that. Hubert Humphrey said the closest thing to it -

“The moral test of government is how that government treats those who are in the dawn of life, the children; those who are in the twilight of life, the elderly; those who are in the shadows of life, the sick, the needy and the handicapped.”
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
So you would rather pay higher premiums and dedicate a higher portion of the
taxes you pay to cover services received by uninsured.

No, I would rather pay for my own premiums and the poor could be
part of the safety net. My premiums went up by $700 per month in
year one and totaling $900 per month by year two.

I had to pay over $10K more? that was f#cked up.

This is one of the reasons why US healthcare costs are 30-60% higher than elsewhere.

No the reason US healthcare costs so much is because Liberal politicians are involved
and they have been f#cking tinkering with it for years They pay 30 cents on
the dollar for medicare and they force hospitals and others to give free care to illegals
and they allow the Tort lawyers to feed off the system in exchange for payola
campaign contributions.

Now they want to put all these companies out of business.

It's very simple Liberalism is the problem.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2019, 11:53:32 AM by 2tallbill »
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Ghandi

Q: How many Indians starved to death under Ghandi ?
A: Lots
FSUW don't do vague

Offline BC

Ghandi never said that. Hubert Humphrey said the closest thing to it -

Thanks mhr7  that's even a better one..

Offline BC

I had to pay over $10K more? that was f#cked up.

Yeah.. under the liberal/socialist German system if you earned more than 50.000 EUR per year as a self-employed person you'd pay around 700.00 EUR per month.  As an employee you'd pay half that with your employer paying the other half.  This would cover your whole family, the whole shebang with no deductible and your farmacy bill would be minimum 5 or maximum 10 EUR per med regardless of the sticker price. Kids under 18 get their meds free.

Long illness?  Your employer pays your normal wage for 6 weeks and the insurer pays 70% of your gross wage for up to a year and a half thereafter.  Pregnant?  You'll get your full pay during your absence 6 weeks before birth and 8 weeks after. 70% from your insurer and 30% from employer.

There are around 200 health insurance companies in Germany.

So is 'Liberalism' so bad? or does it simply put people before profits...

Offline GQBlues

GQ,

I also prefer as little government as is necessary.  Just like we have a balance of power in gov, gov needs to provide a balance for biz so that all (we the people) can enjoy progress.

Of all healthcare systems I don't necessarily like Italy's system where all is in gov's hands, paid for via general tax revenue. But I do like that of Germany more where everyone pitches in financially, employer and employee, covering all dependents, based on income with a large number of commercial providers that compete with a primary more or less state run 'standard' insurer.  This provides a level playing field with each insurer enticing customers either with lower pricing or added benefits.  Each approved insurer makes a decent profit and participates in a risk sharing pool.  I think this model would fit the US much better. 

No system will be perfect, but the US has the ability to come close if we can get over our unfounded fears.

Obamacare set a standard menu for basic covered services making it much easier for the consumer to compare and decide what fits them best.  To tell you the truth comparing different private healthcare plans is extremely difficult even for the brightest bulbs in the closet.  I think even you can agree that this along with coverage for pre-existing conditions is a big step forward even if everything else about Obamacare is trashed.

BC-

I seriously doubt you'll find anyone who will disagree with you regarding pre-existing coverage. Yes, IMO, the lone bright spot about ACA.

As for searching for the 'perfect' program, trust me when I say this, I've wrestled with numerous programs to provide for my non-unionized employees. TBH, Unions have coverage that is as close to a social system as you can get here. Yet, many still complain about components of that, too. I think the system I've instituted within our company, which management openly approved, enabled them to acquire health care (PPO) with expanded coverage, decreased deductibles and copay, and lowered premiums (productivity-based. I incentivized a system that's akin to profit-sharing, that we further pay into their insurance so their premiums are lowered). Working out morale-wise with everyone.

Otherwise, I kid you not, the market place (ACA) just rapes the average John/Jane Does for bearing the high price of health care costs nary of their own. People pay premiums to the hilt with ridiculous copays and absurd deductibles.

Offline BC

Otherwise, I kid you not, the market place (ACA) just rapes the average John/Jane Does for bearing the high price of health care costs nary of their own. People pay premiums to the hilt with ridiculous copays and absurd deductibles.

I just tried one of those Obamacare calculators, yes I agree the premiums are very high for those not able to get the subsidies. Even considering the high healthcare costs in the US.  This is exactly what happens when the pool consists of a large number of high risk individuals and not 'average joe and jane'.

There is no grand difference between healthcare insurance and your auto insurance.  Auto insurance in the US is quite cheap because most all are paying in whether or not they have an accident.  It's a fine tuned market where risks are more easily assessed, where the rules of the road are set and liability requirements for all insurers are the same in the particular market.  The only real difference is that drivers have the ability to tame their driving habits so higher risk drivers pay more or have their driving privileges or insurance revoked.  Insurers even work with auto manufacturers to reduce risk. Regulations require safety inspections, fines for bad tires, speed limit enforcement.  Healthcare is much more complex with high risk individuals even created due to high costs of meds and preventative care.  Insurers have a difficult time when rules and subsidies are changed, when participation rates are low and only high risk individuals to enroll.

I won't dwell much longer on this subject but it pretty much boils down to a 'me' thing. Example - I have insurance through my employer plan (who screened me when I was hired to check if I was healthy, didn't smoke etc), get low premiums so screw everyone else.. 

Such severely limits the capability of insurers to provide low rates 'to the rest of us' since there is no common risk pool involved.

Classic me vs them.

Offline fathertime

Despite your increase in premiums I see you haven't received any treatment yet for your myopia.

Fathertime! 
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
So you would rather pay higher premiums and dedicate a higher portion of the taxes you pay to cover services received by uninsured.

A false dilemma is a type of informal fallacy in which something is falsely claimed
to be an "either/or" situation, when in fact there is at least one additional option.

I would rather deport illegals the moment after they get their free care,
make medicare pay the actual cost of services and get the tort laywers off
the tit.

I had to pay over $10K in additional insurance costs due to Obamacare. 
It is another failed Liberal program.
FSUW don't do vague

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2226
Total: 2237

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM