It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)  (Read 316017 times)

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
Re: 2019 - nCoV (novel coronavirus originating in Wuhan, China)
« Reply #1525 on: September 01, 2020, 11:47:20 AM »
Maybe someone else can read your statement and help me understand?  Boethius? Gator? anyone?

I'll even repost yours and mine to make it easier for anyone.

You said:
Of which much, maybe all the difference can be accounted for by age demographics.  More older people, more deaths.

I responded with:
>> Not true. If certain population is *living longer* then it's easy to ascertain death comes earlier to those who do not.<<

No goalposts at all, just getting definitions straight at the time.

Ahh the moveable goal post is not even necessary anymore. I see...

Plenty of testing, unfortunately late in the game.  We are not in 'initial stages'.  Does serve well to monitor positivity though.

It's never too late AFAIK. Although from where you are that may seem to be the case based on the CFR. Novel virus such as COVID demand a very complex testing development protocol, and considering the challenges CDC created on the onset of the pandemic here in the US - made it even more remarkable how Trump and the team was able to face that challenges and be the world leader in the amount of testing we can do these days. I know those testing kits Italy got from China didn't fare so well. It's all about healthcare system's efficiency really.

That is quite ok, we can agree to disagree.

Japan fared well in this pandemic considering they're likely have an 'older' population than most. Japan does have a great healthcare system though. So methinks your theory is out the window...

Ditto last quote.

Hear, hear!

Some comparisons may be more helpful than others, depends on the context of the discussion at hand.

Again, same response here. A very dire exercise in futility.

BTW, since you seem interested in health and mortality data, here is another source with a lot of variables listed.  Be sure to click on the show 'ALL' at the bottom of the page.
 http://www.nationmaster.com/country-info/compare/Italy/United-States/Health

No need. I previously provided the link you asked for originally and it more than served the purpose. Most Western European nations have a far higher rate of mortality when all is said and done.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2020, 02:50:46 PM by GQBlues »
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #1526 on: September 02, 2020, 05:52:54 PM »

Birx and Fauci say herd mentality is not a strategy of our government.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/white-house-s-birx-denies-herd-immunity-policy-under-consideration/ar-BB18DRsF?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/coronavirus/that-s-certainly-not-my-approach-fauci-rejects-pursuing-herd-immunity/ar-BB18DYIr?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

My wife has a Ukrainian friend working in the medical field. They called her friend up and said her Black Lives Matter tee shirt was ready to be picked up. She replied "When you have an "All Lives Matter" tee shirt, I'll come pick it up." They hung up on her.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1527 on: September 02, 2020, 07:35:21 PM »

A little info about the Russian and Chinese vaccines that came out. It's basically injecting live harmless cold viruses that carry the target virus's gene to help our immune system recognize the target virus a little better should we later get it. This type of vaccine has been around for decades but not widely used. The downside is that the vaccine won't be very effective since many people already have immunity to the harmless cold virus which would get immediately attacked when injected into bodies.

http://www.yahoo.com/news/scientists-see-downsides-top-covid-101052832.html
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #1528 on: September 03, 2020, 06:03:56 AM »

The downside is that the vaccine won't be very effective since many people already have immunity to the harmless cold virus which would get immediately attacked when injected into bodies.

Yes and no. 

Yes, the body's immune system will recognize the viral vector (cold virus) as a  threat and attack it. 

No, Russia claims the immunization resulted in the production of the intended antibodies (those that defuse the coronoa spikes).

We must await the results of the massive testing program now underway in Russia, especially how long the intended antibodies remain active.  Durability is almost as important as safety and efficacy. 

The US-EU companies developing vaccines having a similar viral vector platform are purposefully using viruses from chimps, etc. because of these questions about using human viruses.   

Offline ML

« Reply #1529 on: September 05, 2020, 06:06:32 PM »

The US-EU companies developing vaccines having a similar viral vector platform are purposefully using viruses from chimps, etc. because of these questions about using human viruses.

Just what we need.

A vaccine that may turn us back into monkeys.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1530 on: September 06, 2020, 07:11:29 AM »
Just what we need.

A vaccine that may turn us back into monkeys.

Reports from the phased clinical trials have not reported any instances of knuckle dragging.   ;)

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1531 on: September 06, 2020, 10:03:32 PM »

India averages around 90,000 new cases every day. China with a similar sized population and where the virus originated has 85,100 cases total in 9 months! Great job China and thanks for the accurate reporting!  Anybody else notice Communist nations know how to handle the virus better than other nations?

http://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Offline msmob

« Reply #1532 on: September 06, 2020, 10:40:27 PM »
BillyB,

I also notice 'lands of the free' had 43k+  new cases.. 

India has 4 times more people.. 'only' 1.5 times more new cases....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1533 on: September 06, 2020, 11:10:24 PM »
BillyB,

I also notice 'lands of the free' had 43k+  new cases.. 

India has 4 times more people.. 'only' 1.5 times more new cases....

By being more honest than other nations, the truth is uglier here. It's about to get more ugly. NY is going to start testing the dead for COVID since some people who died by COVID don't get counted.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/new-york-will-test-the-dead-more-often-for-coronavirus-and-flu/ar-BB18LFCe?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1534 on: September 07, 2020, 09:25:34 AM »

France is setting records for new daily cases. French lawmakers rule out a blanket lockdown like the one that crushed France's economy in the Spring. UK is also experiencing another outbreak. Spain's second outbreak looks as bad as the first when it comes to cases. Italy is losing control too. Since the middle of July, America's daily case count has been decreasing. Maybe Europe should call Trump and ask for advice.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/we-are-in-the-second-wave-europe-on-edge-as-cases-spike/ar-BB18N2cz?ocid=spartan-ntp-feeds

Offline msmob

« Reply #1535 on: September 07, 2020, 09:54:00 AM »
France is setting records for new daily cases. French lawmakers rule out a blanket lockdown like the one that crushed France's economy in the Spring. UK is also experiencing another outbreak. Spain's second outbreak looks as bad as the first when it comes to cases. Italy is losing control too. Since the middle of July, America's daily case count has been decreasing. Maybe Europe should call Trump and ask for advice.

Oh BillyB

On August 31st   31,658  Sept 4th 50,183  You may call that 'decreasing' ...

The French and Spanish, NL and B also have many times the new case rate of the UK, but as I have posted, ours is going up, again, too

The French kids went back to school and  more people went back to work ..

This isn't over until there's a cure/vaccine or social distancing / isolation..

'Trampu' isn't the only leader covering their ears and hoping it'll go away

Offline BC

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1536 on: September 07, 2020, 10:05:14 AM »
France the UK and Spain are a bit worrisome but don't know what their positivity rate is or if their tracing can keep up.  Italy numbers are up but positivity still averaging under 2% with number of daily infections that is still traceable. Testing has doubled to around 100k/day.  Overall reasonable considering August is the big vacation season, huge numbers at beaches and otherwise on vacation.  Lots of EU tourists as well.  Can't say there are as many overseas tourists as before the crisis, but enough so that I skip the beach on weekends and lounge around the pool instead.

Sadly the US will surpass Italy in the number of deaths per million early this week leaving Spain and Belgium as the only EU outliers including UK for a short time.  We'll certainly end up nr 3 in the world for deaths per million and keep the nr 1 spot in total deaths along with hitting the 200k+ death mark this month.  Bottom line we're ending up not doing better than anyone else, and with doing a lot worse than most in sight..

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1537 on: September 07, 2020, 10:10:10 AM »
On August 31st   31,658  Sept 4th 50,183  You may call that 'decreasing' ...

Although you use facts, you still deceive. No wonder you like anti Trump news. We've gone over this before. There are days in a week where medical professionals are slow to report so cases and deaths reported will be low but there are days when reports catch up so the count will be much higher. So you chose a day in a week where the count is lowest to compare to a day later in the week where the count is it's highest to give the impression cases in America are on the rise. I told you months ago how to draw a straight line through a chart to get a better idea of what is happening. Draw a straight line through America's chart below starting in the middle of July and let me know if it's going up or down.

Bottom line we're ending up not doing better than anyone else, and with doing a lot worse than most in sight.

You're looking at short term damages. Long term damages to economies and the living will be determined years from now. I wasn't serious when I said Europe should call Trump for advice. It's silly to claim bragging rights so early in this Pandemic.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1538 on: September 07, 2020, 10:14:54 AM »
Although you use facts, you still deceive.

No, I chose two days that show YOU were hoping I'd not check ..

Your nations new case rate is STILL WAY above the UK's in proportion

I'm looking at saving folks lives

Offline BillyB

« Reply #1539 on: September 07, 2020, 10:29:12 AM »

There's a way to save everybody's life but at the same time it will ruin life for ALL the living. Complete shutdown of the economy and everybody stay home with the government paying you to stay there. In the pursuit of trying to save every single life, it'll exponentially increase the amount of ruined lives due to shutting down the economy. Some businesses will never open back up once they close. America is protecting the elderly by keeping them from the general population, allow students to do classes online and put healthy adults to work. America put more of our people back to work before Europe so we may end up coming out of this economically better.

Offline BC

« Reply #1540 on: September 07, 2020, 10:32:00 AM »
You're looking at short term damages. Long term damages to economies and the living will be determined years from now. I wasn't serious when I said Europe should call Trump for advice. It's silly to claim bragging rights so early in this Pandemic.

I am thinking long term.

In another thread I posted:

It is going to take at least another year even with vaccines to fight this bug down at the rate we are going.  Other nations are in much less dire circumstances and can even live without a vaccine if necessary.

If a country can keep infections low they keep deaths low and also reduce risk of longer term health problems and economic damage.  It is much easier to mitigate rising numbers of infections than to beat them down.  We haven't learned, nor achieved that yet Billy and I doubt we will unless something dramatic happens.

Offline msmob

« Reply #1541 on: September 07, 2020, 10:39:49 AM »

America put more of our people back to work before Europe

Indeed, we see the effect ..

so we may end up coming out of this economically better.

You mean like Sweden has? ..  Talk to Finland

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1542 on: September 07, 2020, 10:41:05 AM »
No, I chose two days that show YOU were hoping I'd not check ..

Your nations new case rate is STILL WAY above the UK's in proportion

Saving lives?

So you now support immediate implementation of hydroxychloroquin with Z pak?

War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline Confederate

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #1543 on: September 07, 2020, 10:44:21 AM »
Indeed, we see the effect ..

You mean like Sweden has? ..  Talk to Finland

Sweden is doing great.

No doubt you will argue otherwise.

Who knows how much your Globalist paymasters pay you however it's enough for you to constantly do their bidding with your false propaganda.
War is peace. Freedom is slavery. Ignorance is strength.
George Orwell 1984

Offline msmob

« Reply #1544 on: September 07, 2020, 10:51:02 AM »
Saving lives?

So you now support immediate implementation of hydroxychloroquin with Z pak?

Given the use of HCQ offers no efficacy to serious COVID-19 complications... hardly

You may be confusing a very cost effective steroid that actually HAS helped ..dexamethasone ..

Always glad to help

Offline msmob

« Reply #1545 on: September 07, 2020, 10:55:09 AM »
Sweden is doing great.

'Sure' it is .. That would be why it is a constant member of the quarantine list nations for the UK - with the US

That would be why it's QTR 2 economy fared worse by two percentage points  than Finland, whilst proportionately killing 10 times more citizens

That would be why the 'anti-bodies present' level in Stockholm is less than 10 percent - assuming you believed in 'herd immunity'

Who knows how much your Globalist paymasters pay you however it's enough for you to constantly do their bidding with your false propaganda.

Please could you fact-check and point out any 'false' fact...above ?

In the meantime, could you please get your 'contacts' to inform my pay-masters that their 'payments' don't seem  to be arriving .. :popcorn:

« Last Edit: September 07, 2020, 10:58:03 AM by msmob »

Offline BC

« Reply #1546 on: September 07, 2020, 11:00:02 AM »
Sweden is doing great.

No doubt you will argue otherwise.

Sweden is indeed doing better than the US in deaths per million now.  We whizzed right past them a couple days ago.

Offline Gator

« Reply #1547 on: September 07, 2020, 12:09:40 PM »
Sweden is indeed doing better than the US in deaths per million now.  We whizzed right past them a couple days ago.

What is the death count for Red State America?  Even in red states most deaths occurred in Democrat areas, e. g., in my state of Florida the strong Democrat areas of SE Florida experienced the most deaths. 

Democrats claim again and again that Trump mismanaged the pandemic.  I recall vividly in the critical days last spring Cuomo holding widely televised press conferences daily  about what NYS is doing.  Cuomo got more air time than Trump.

And which state leads the US in deaths?   NY 2::1 vs. second place NJ, also a blue state.  Sounds like to me given our Federalism, the Democrats are hypocritical to say this is Trump's fault. 

But integrity has no currency when trying to regain power so they can give away those tax dollars.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #1548 on: September 07, 2020, 12:30:13 PM »
LIFE IS RETURNING TO NORMAL

Not there yet, but we have progress.

Florida, an epicenter a month ago with 10,000 new cases per day reported  1,812 new cases yesterday, only 59 hospitalizations, and 22 deaths.

Daily data can vary, yet the death totals this week are very promising: for my county of 1.5 million. 

Day         My County Deaths 

Sep 7                       0                                           
Sep 6                       3
Sep 5                       1
Sep 4                       2
Sep 3                       2
Sep 2                       3
Sep 1                       0

Offline Gator

« Reply #1549 on: September 07, 2020, 12:54:49 PM »
ANOTHER SIGN OF RETURNING TO NORMAL

PROFESSIONAL SPORTS

No fans in the stadiums, yet.   Instead of fretting about the pandemic,  unemployment,  debt, and virtual-schooling, Americans can be entertained by the return of sports competition. 

In Tampa we have much to celebrate. 

-  Our hockey team, the Lightning,  is playing New York in the semi-finals for the Stanley Cup (that's the NHL championship).

-  Our baseball team, the Rays, has the second best record in the Major Leagues and a 6 1/2 game lead over the Yankees, with only 19 games to go.    The Yankees team payroll is $155 million vs.  the Rays payroll of $52 million (power to the little guy).   

-  And most anticipated, our football team the Bucs, led by the newly required Tom Brady, is anticipating a playoff run for the first time in a long, long time.  One caveat -  Tom is 43. 

For sports enthusiasts such as me, this is fun but taking a lot of my time.  There is also NCAA football returning for about half of our universities. 

There is much over/under betting about whether the season schedules will be completed, yet so far, so good.  Baseball had a rocky start with teams having as as many as 20 players/coaches become infected.   Everyone has returned after a full recovery. 

Another day closer to the end of this, with fans in the stands.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541425
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 2422
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 7
Guests: 2330
Total: 2337

+-Recent Posts

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:54:55 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:43:10 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 11:11:53 PM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 08:36:08 PM

Re: Teenage Sex- RW and their sons by ML
Yesterday at 07:31:53 PM

Re: Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by ML
Yesterday at 07:21:37 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:56:07 PM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:52:39 PM

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 06:45:25 PM

Re: Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by krimster2
Yesterday at 06:37:55 PM