It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Valentine's Day ❤️  (Read 763 times)

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Valentine's Day ❤️
« on: February 13, 2024, 09:18:09 AM »
Ok, for those of us who are no longer appearing in the Undateables here is the forthcoming Valentine's Day thread.

Well main issue I've got at the moment is flowers, I never really had much reason to concern myself with such a topic in the past only needing to buy the odd bunch on a rare occasion and never really making it to Valentine's Day with a chick.

That is all set to change as of tomorrow all being well. So off I troop to get a bunch of Roses. Now yes, yes I know always odd numbers and never even for a FSW, if even just take one out ;D However, the main issue in the UK seems to be the offering out there. In Asda (Supermarket) they tend to be one of the cheapest, small bunches are £5 going up to the largest bunch at £20. Honestly the smaller bunches are not at all impressive, ok if you've been in a relationship for a while with a girl, probably married but for a first romantic Valentine's Date not a great look. The largest bunch have something going for them, plenty of roses and a decent size. However a big problem with all of them, all are singed and a bit dry looking, not the best quality around and probably only one above lame looking.

So I looked in Sainsbury's (Supermarket) near me, not as many flowers per bouquet, slightly better quality but not by much still a bit singed looking and a bit more pricey.

So next I try a local Florist out in some village. A smallish shop, I go in there. They have some nice quality roses, not singed, very pristine, good quality. Only problem is too few off them, the biggest bunch I think had about 5 roses and lots of infill. Plus the largest bunch a lot more pricey than the Supermarket, about £50 fir the largest bunch! A smaller bunch for £25 but even less roses there, probably about 3 with lots of infill. So for me a no go, if there was a decent amount of Roses there I would I don't mind sone infill (small white bud stuff, etc) but to my mind just not that great looking enough, then the price.

I'm probably going to set out later and get the big bunch from Asda. I can't see other shop Florists being any better on quality Roses per price paid. The other Supermarket's will likely be much the same but for less Roses, quality not particularly any better unless you get real lucky.

It's a shame, in Ukraine I recall buying a relatively big bunch of Roses in Kyiv underground shopping area in front of Hotel Ukraine, good quality Roses and at a decently cheap price fir my first date out that way. Here the options are a sorry state in comparison, unless your willing to pay around £100 plus or get pretty lucky what you end up giving a girl will in most cases verge on being pretty unimpressive in one way or another.

Shortly I think I will be investing in buying a Rose Bush for next year. It's the only way I can see past it and getting a load of wrapping online to bunch them up myself. I think my Mother might have some in her garden but not out that way and never envisaged it being this much of an issue lol.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Re: Valentine's Day ❤️
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 08:04:35 PM »
My luck was in, in Asda tonight, looks like they had a new consignment of Roses in, some were £25, some even £40, pretty much all were singed, kind of dry looking, but I managed to find a good one by digging in deep!!! :D

A bunch of roses for £25 pounds with a few extras. All the roses bar one were in pristine enough condition, that was ok as needed to take one out as we tend to sell Roses here more often in Even rather than Odd numbers. The one I took out just had one bad petal so not too bad. I took the bunch apart and redid it with the Roses all at a decent height to one another and extra bits in good places to compliment. At the end of my flower arrangement I finally had a good decent bunch of flowers to go with I think :flowers:

So it's possible to find some decent Roses at a cheap enough price but a hard task in this country. I've put the Roses in some warm water near a semi shaded window to try and open the Roses out a little but they should look fine and are looking good I think.

I checked out Tesco tonight also for Roses and there's were looking more unappealing than even Asda, again singed, dry stuff not presented that well. I honestly don't know how these places have the gall to sell such stuff, a lot of it one way or another I would just be embarrassed to turn up with on a day as special as Valentine's. I saw the odd person buying some lame old bunch, god knows what their other half will make of it :-\
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2024, 09:19:29 PM »
flowers are just an appetizer
a main course has to be something more substantial...
that's why I have a small tin of cut diamonds and emeralds from .25 to 3 carats that I bought on the black market in Russia(Mirny) and southern Uzbeckistan's biggest open-air black market
then...
all I gotta do is buy custom made settings on ebay (russian wimmin prefer rose gold - like the one shown)
and I can set the stones myself in 30 seconds
voila! a $3,000 pendant for $300...
ya gotta think like this when ya got a Russian wife, daughters, mistresses, etc to keep happy
roses would barely give me a short smile from them...

« Last Edit: February 13, 2024, 09:25:07 PM by krimster2 »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2024, 11:13:11 AM »
flowers are just an appetizer
a main course has to be something more substantial...
that's why I have a small tin of cut diamonds and emeralds from .25 to 3 carats that I bought on the black market in Russia(Mirny) and southern Uzbeckistan's biggest open-air black market
then...
all I gotta do is buy custom made settings on ebay (russian wimmin prefer rose gold - like the one shown)
and I can set the stones myself in 30 seconds
voila! a $3,000 pendant for $300...
ya gotta think like this when ya got a Russian wife, daughters, mistresses, etc to keep happy
roses would barely give me a short smile from them...

A nice job Krim, but materialistic women would do my head in. I would constantly be thinking that they are only interested in me for my money, the materialistic things, not me. That would be a turn off for me in all manner of ways, at the very least I think I would feel unhappy almost as if I was alone in a relationship by myself and that is bad enough in itself. I get the 'if you want something so bad' and 'something may be better than nothing' then some may be willing to 'trade' but I can't see that it's the nicest place to be in a relationship, some may feel that is all they can get, perhaps it is or they should have looked on some more.

So I get that for some life isn't all that could be wished for but I just wonder why an intelligent guy like you Krim would settle for that in life when I think you could have had an attractive enough looking woman without the materialism.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541004
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1881
Total: 1892

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 11:16:08 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM