It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Computer Software and Intellectual Property Rights  (Read 15939 times)

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
Computer Software and Intellectual Property Rights
« on: December 10, 2019, 09:46:27 AM »

One can buy Microsoft office 365 pro plus 2019 for under $3 on Ebay. Good for 5 devices and it has lifetime activation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-office-365-pro-plus-2019-account-lifetime-5-devices-5tb-cloud/383311405273?hash=item593f23e0d9:g:xRkAAOSwTYZd7jx-
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 10:05:11 AM »
One can buy Microsoft office 365 pro plus 2019 for under $3 on Ebay. Good for 5 devices and it has lifetime activation.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-office-365-pro-plus-2019-account-lifetime-5-devices-5tb-cloud/383311405273?hash=item593f23e0d9:g:xRkAAOSwTYZd7jx-

I suspect this is a highly illegal product and Microsoft can probably disable it on your computer.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 10:38:04 AM »
I suspect this is a highly illegal product and Microsoft can probably disable it on your computer.

You, sir, are certainly correct.  I, for one, would not like to operate with a pirated product.   For the same reason, I pay for the movies I watch.   Life is too short to be cutting corners.

Makes me wonder what type of moral argument stands up against the Chinese for stealing our intellectual properties when we're willing to steal intellectual properties on a personal level.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 10:40:21 AM by jone »
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline GQBlues

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2019, 11:03:07 AM »
You, sir, are certainly correct.  I, for one, would not like to operate with a pirated product.   For the same reason, I pay for the movies I watch.   Life is too short to be cutting corners.

Makes me wonder what type of moral argument stands up against the Chinese for stealing our intellectual properties when we're willing to steal intellectual properties on a personal level.

It's eBay. Better than a good chance the product IS coming from China.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2019, 11:53:56 AM »

It can't be illegal because it's a Microsoft product and can be downloaded for free off their website anyway. Is it illegally sold? No because it's not the software that's for sale. Microsoft checks ebay often and points out to Ebay any listing that does not comply with their rules for selling their product. Listings will then get promtly removed.

Microsoft's strategy of getting rid of piracy, which WAS a HUGE problem in the past, is to give away their product for free. Yes, you heard right. it's free. You don't here about the piracy problems anymore with the Chinese and others selling disks with Microsoft software on them. One can download Windows 10 Pro ISO for free right at Microsoft's website and install it on as many computers as they want. Although it's free to use Microsoft's products, you won't get security updates and may have limitations on functions without the activation key. They will give you the annoying message the product isn't activate but they won't stop you from using the product or threaten you will legal action.

How do they make money then? The activation key has to be bought and the keys can be legally sold and bought on Ebay. The old paper keys that can be resold are gone. Keys are digitally stored on the motherboard so one can't peel the number off the side of the case and resell again like in the old days. It's still legal do sell paper keys like that but it cut into Microsoft's profit. I've bought thousands of keys with no problems at all. I've download Microsoft office for my wife's MacBook air cheap and it still works no problem. She likes a light laptop too. Keys for the Mac tend to cost more than keys for the PC though. All products getting activated online are blessed by Microsoft before activation. They will not activate a bad key if that is what was bought. You can get your money back on Ebay if you were scammed so no risk to you.

Microsoft has come a long way in order to protecting it's name since they got a bad rap with their software being vulnerable to hacking. Of course Apple products doesn't have that problem because nobody wants to hack into Apple. Microsoft Defender anti virus and malware is free with Windows 10 Pro. Never had a problem on my PC for the years I been using Windows 10 Pro. Don't need any other anti virus or malware software. In the past I didn't trust Microsoft's anti virus programs because hackers regularly got through but I trust them today. Microsoft Defender even beats the industry average for protection. It beats most products that cost money and it doesn't slow down your computer as much as other software. If any of you left Microsoft due to bad experiences, give them another try. Today's Microsoft is a lot better than in the past.

http://www.av-test.org/en/antivirus/home-windows/windows-10/october-2019/microsoft-windows-defender-4.18-194015/

It's eBay. Better than a good chance the product IS coming from China.

Ebay has become a much safer place to buy from now even if product is coming from China. They are still selling fakes on Ebay pertaining to certain items like perfume but Ebay guarantees a full refund if you were delivered a fake from China. If you bought a product that isn't genuine from China, file a claim on Ebay. Takes less than a minute. The seller is supposed to supply you a shipping label to ship the product back and full refund. The Chinese shipper will offer a discount hoping you will keep the item. Don't take it. They won't provide a shipping label because it cost more than the product is worth. After a week and there is no resolve between you and shipper, Ebay will pull money out of their account and refund you in full.

Most of the Microsoft keys I buy come from Europe, specifically the UK. Don't know why less US sellers selling Microsoft keys than Europeans. I suspect Microsoft put as much restrictions on US sellers as the laws allow and European laws allow sellers there more freedoms.

Just because one person knows how get things done better than what others believe is the right way doesn't mean the person is committing a crime. Probably why a lot of people think Trump committed a crime in business. He just did things a better way than most of us can think of and it's all legal. I remember being in a fast food restaurant and told a co-worker "Let's go get a refill of soda". He replied "I don't want to steal". I replied "You paid for a drink that includes unlimited free refills. It's not stealing. You just don't know what you paid for." For less than $3, ML can legally purchase an activation key which will be activated my Microsoft themselves and download Microsoft Office 2019 for free for his wife's computer and sleep with a clean conscience. But if he gets sent to the big house, I promise to visit him at least once.

« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 11:55:27 AM by BillyB »
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline jone

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2019, 11:57:48 AM »
Wow.  I think he actually believes this.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline SANDRO43

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2019, 12:04:36 PM »
You can download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 for free from http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html  ;)
Milan's "Duomo"

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2019, 12:11:30 PM »
Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription plan.  There is no "lifetime" key.  Each account is payed in monthly or yearly subscriptions.  Monthly for business accounts, yearly for home users.

Theoretically, after activation you could use it perpetually offline.  But once you go online the software will check activation status and prompt you to renew.  And when offline, I am not sure if the product will force you to go online after a default time to check for activation - I have never been offline long enough to test this.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2019, 12:51:31 PM »
Wow.  I think he actually believes this.

That's it? That's your argument? Can you explain what part isn't true? You can legally pay maximum price for a product or you can legally pay minimum price for a product. Your choice. There are options. Being smart or dumb on this issue is a choice.

If you don't think a $3 activation key on Ebay is legal, buy one, disconnect your wifi or ethernet cable. When activating a Microsoft product after download from their website, they will tell you that you're not connected to internet and will provide you with a phone number to activate their product over the phone. You will call, speak to a live person and give them the $3 key you bought on Ebay over the phone and they(Microsoft employees) will activate your software with that $3 key. They will validate the key and then provide you with another key that can activate their product offline. You don't have to trust me but don't go around saying it can't be done unless you get some experience and experience will tell you it can be done legally.

Microsoft Office 365 is a subscription plan.  There is no "lifetime" key.  Each account is payed in monthly or yearly subscriptions.  Monthly for business accounts, yearly for home users.

Is there a lifetime key for Office 365? Yes there is. It's usually a product for academic use. Why does Microsoft allow the sales for these lifetime keys to be sold on Ebay? Probably because they get a tax break for each use of the product.

I once tried to sell an old paper key of Microsoft Windows 7 on Ebay and my listing was quickly taken down with a message saying I violated Ebay and Microsoft's rules for selling the product which wasn't disclosed. I wondered why my listing was taken down and others were allowed to stand. I figured it out because nobody was going to tell me the rules.  I must follow the rules and the Microsoft rule for selling Windows 7 keys on Ebay were to offer a piece of hardware with the key. So I listed the key again with my ad saying it is sold with a broken motherboard that will not be shipped like the key would be but have to be picked up. My listing was allowed to stand and I eventually sold the key and nobody came to pick up the broken motherboard.

When you see a listing selling keys on Ebay that's been there for days without removal, you'll know the listing is selling a legitimate Microsoft keys that follows all of eBay's and Microsoft rules. They and their software are constantly scouring listings to remove quickly those listings that do not follow rules.

Offline Grumpy

• Spouse's Country: Moldova
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2019, 02:05:17 PM »
 I am very satisfied Kubuntu and Libre Office. They do everything I want, no keys required.
Good women are not cheap
Cheap women are not good
(but they can be a lot of fun)

Offline ML

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 04:08:36 PM »
You can download Apache OpenOffice 4.1.7 for free from http://www.openoffice.org/download/index.html  ;)

I have installed this on all our computers.
However, it doesn't do ALL of what Office does.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 04:12:54 PM »
Ebay has become a much safer place to buy from now even if product is coming from China. They are still selling fakes on Ebay pertaining to certain items like perfume but Ebay guarantees a full refund if you were delivered a fake from China. If you bought a product that isn't genuine from China, file a claim on Ebay. Takes less than a minute. The seller is supposed to supply you a shipping label to ship the product back and full refund. The Chinese shipper will offer a discount hoping you will keep the item. Don't take it. They won't provide a shipping label because it cost more than the product is worth. After a week and there is no resolve between you and shipper, Ebay will pull money out of their account and refund you in full.

Most of the Microsoft keys I buy come from Europe, specifically the UK. Don't know why less US sellers selling Microsoft keys than Europeans. I suspect Microsoft put as much restrictions on US sellers as the laws allow and European laws allow sellers there more freedoms.

I will yield what you say to be legit, BillyB. I won't doubt that.

Maybe at my age, I've no time, maybe even the interest to search for alternatives at this level in my life. I get so much use off MS pro/office - both at work and at home, so paying what MS would like for me to pay for the privilege of use, I do. It seem rather a relatively minor expense considering the use you get out of it.

Besides, maybe in my case, being a paid $8.24/hr salaried employee, our company gladly pays for these anyway, including the laptop I tote around everywhere (hate laptops) and our PC at home.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 04:18:49 PM by GQBlues »
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 10:46:09 PM »
Again, there is no "lifetime" license for Office 365.  Just because someone on Ebay sells it as such doesn't make it true.

Academic licenses of Office 365 is based on yearly subscription fees, at a discount from the home version.

There is no license key for someone to call in to activate.  The licence tied to the subscriber's email, a bit like Netflix or any other online subscription plan.

The last version of a permanent software is MS Office 2016.  But that version was a hybrid from the traditional Office software and Office 365, and required an online account to be associated.  The last pure version of stand-alone was Office 2013.

Offline jone

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 11:08:55 PM »

I will yield what you say to be legit, BillyB. I won't doubt that.

I do.  It is massive self justification for stealing where he may.   It is like saying:  "I didn't get caught, so it is not against the law."   Like all of those sub-contractors that Trump intentionally didn't pay.   Wow.  It costs too much to prosecute me, so it can't be against the law.

I had a friend tell me about a website that showed movies the week that they came out.  In some cases, the movies were copies made by camera.   In other cases the media was copied from whatever tape or diskette or film was delivered to the movie theaters.   

He told me that because the servers for these websites were out of the country, and that they only shared links to the movies that were on private servers, no one could ever be prosecuted for watching the shows.   The simple fact is that a first run movie is having its intellectual property rights violated.   And just because it is not profitable to track down individuals who saw those movies does not mean watching them is not violating their intellectual rights.   

Hey, I'm sure that the Chinese can come up with some twisted logic that allows them to mandate use of Western originated property rights, too.  But that would be all it is.   Twisted logic.   Just like we have witnessed above.  It is easy to justify something - simply because you want it.   It is like Krimster, the other day, coveting property in Odessa - and acting like it should be his due to an imminent (but unlikely) Russian invasion.

Everyone can twist logic to acquire/obtain things that were not meant for them.   Whether it is taking free refills at a soda fountain at a fast food place (why do you think they have cup sizes?) to justifying obtaining pirated software, to robbing a whole country of its intellectual property rights, in your heart of hearts, you know what is right and what is not right.   

Offline BillyB

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2019, 02:19:33 AM »
There is no license key for someone to call in to activate. 

If a person is online, they don't need to call Microsoft to give them a key. Computers take care of activation. Instructions on how to input your key to various Office programs including 365 at Microsoft's website below.

http://support.office.com/en-us/article/where-to-enter-your-office-product-key-0a82e5ae-739e-4b92-a6f4-2ec780c185db?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Again, there is no "lifetime" license for Office 365.  Just because someone on Ebay sells it as such doesn't make it true.

Academic licenses of Office 365 is based on yearly subscription fees, at a discount from the home version.

Here are 3 Office 365 plans Microsoft offers. One is free with no subscription ever. The other two cost $2.50 and $6 per month. No yearly fees and each plan is good for an unlimited amount of users. To qualify for a plan, one must be a student or teacher to sign up. For the rest of the unlimited users, it does not say they have to be a student or teacher.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/academic/compare-office-365-education-plans?activetab=tab%3aprimaryr1

Here are a couple of Ebay sellers each with thousands of Office 365 for life plans sold. One has been an Ebay member since 2003. There are more Ebay sellers like them. Ebay and Microsoft hasn't removed their listings or banned their accounts. They have not been arrested. If you sell just one old Windows 7 key like I did and list it wrong, the listing will be removed within a day. So why is Microsoft giving away free or near free software to students, teachers and the unlimited people on their plans? Why are they letting people on Ebay sell access to Office 365 cheap and not shutting them down? Of course they want people to use their products and get hooked but they are probably getting a tax break for every user using their product for free. If a product cost $50 and they gave it away to a million people, that will not only get them a big tax break, they look good doing charity work.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Office-365-2016-2019-Pro-Plus-5-Device-PC-MAC-Not-Key-10s-Delivery/163930879848?hash=item262b0ab768:g:MPoAAOSwSKJdpSwr

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-Office-365-2019-Pro-Plus-Lifetime-Account-5-Devices-5TB-PC-Mac/382911544028?hash=item59274e7adc:g:9VUAAOSwihlc6Xjj

It is massive self justification for stealing where he may.   It is like saying:  "I didn't get caught, so it is not against the law."   Like all of those sub-contractors that Trump intentionally didn't pay.   Wow.  It costs too much to prosecute me, so it can't be against the law.

No wonder you are mad at Trump. You think you are moral and ethical and everybody who does things differently than you would do must be the opposite. Trump is involved in over 500 business now plus many in the past. None been shut down by the government for criminal activity yet you think Trump did something criminal in business because he done things you wouldn't do to get ahead in life. If you want to get ahead in life, don't put unnecessary restrictions on yourself when nobody else is applying those restrictions.

I gave you simple instructions so you can see for yourself what I'm talking about and I'm going to make it more simple in 3 easy steps.

1) Go to Microsoft's website below and download their FREE Windows 10 Pro ISO which will allow you to install Windows 10 Pro on as many computers as you want. Yes! Microsoft offers their product to download for FREE. It can also be used for FREE! No activation needed but you will get annoying messages and won't get updates to the software. Microsoft will never shut you down but you will eventually get a virus that will shut you down since you'll be missing out on important security updates.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10

2) Buy a $3 Windows 10 Pro activation key on Ebay to get rid of annoying message that Windows 10 Pro is not activated and may not be genuine although you downloaded it right off Microsoft's website.

3) Input the key and Microsoft's server will activate your Windows 10 Pro OS within seconds. Or disconnect yourself from the internet and you'll get a phone number to call for activation. Speak to a Microsoft employee. That employee will tell you if your key is valid or not. If valid they will give you another key to activate Win 10 Pro offline. Yes, you will have Microsoft themselves activate the Win 10 pro they allowed you to have for free with the $3 key you just bought off Ebay. And if they tell you it's not a valid key, you can get 100% of your money back from Ebay. But scammers tend to sell big ticket items and not waste time on things that cost a few dollars so buying bad keys are extremely rare. Money back guarantee and no risk. Try it out.

Everyone can twist logic to acquire/obtain things that were not meant for them.   Whether it is taking free refills at a soda fountain at a fast food place (why do you think they have cup sizes?) to justifying obtaining pirated software, to robbing a whole country of its intellectual property rights, in your heart of hearts, you know what is right and what is not right.   

It's easy to walk into a McDonalds and ask if refills are free after initial purchase. All their employees know the answer. But no. You tell everybody on the internet refills are not free because THEY make cup sizes for a reason so the final ruling is BillyB steals. I feel like Trump on impeachment. You're making stuff up to convince yourself I'm wrong. I'm trying to help people get more and pay less legally but you label me a bad guy. Maybe it's easy to call somebody a liar and thief than do your homework?  I'll save you a trip to a fast food restaurant. Answers pertaining to free refills can be found on the internet. So sit in a restaurant all day and drink your unlimited refills after initial purchase without worry an employee is going to call the cops on you if you don't pay for the last 10 drinks you stole. Can't steal something if it's offered to you free.

http://www.streski.com/12.pdf

http://www.aol.com/article/finance/2015/08/10/chains-where-drink-refills-are-free/21219853/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2019, 02:23:58 AM by BillyB »

Offline SteveInBoston

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2019, 08:33:59 AM »
If a person is online, they don't need to call Microsoft to give them a key. Computers take care of activation. Instructions on how to input your key to various Office programs including 365 at Microsoft's website below.

http://support.office.com/en-us/article/where-to-enter-your-office-product-key-0a82e5ae-739e-4b92-a6f4-2ec780c185db?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US

Here are 3 Office 365 plans Microsoft offers. One is free with no subscription ever. The other two cost $2.50 and $6 per month. No yearly fees and each plan is good for an unlimited amount of users. To qualify for a plan, one must be a student or teacher to sign up. For the rest of the unlimited users, it does not say they have to be a student or teacher.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoft-365/academic/compare-office-365-education-plans?activetab=tab%3aprimaryr1

Please stop this misinformation campaign.  There are some people who will just take your word and not bother to click on the link.

The A1 package is something a student or teacher can sign up for themselves.  It is a "free" version and is online only.  It is a web service version of Office, and require academic verification.  Again, it is subscriber based and is checked monthly.

The A3 and A5 are organization level packages.  A university or school needs to sign up, similar to a corporate sign up.  The cost is $2.50 and $6.00 PER USER/month.  The plans allow unlimited number of users withing the organization, but the cost is increased by licensed user at the stated rate.  And they requires annual commitment, which equates to $30/per year per person fpor A3, and $72 per year per person for A5.

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2019, 09:28:18 AM »
I do.

I get it, jone. For me, too much to splice and dice. I don't even really bother as I've learned more often than not, you do get what you paid for.

But honestly, who amongst us had not recorded movies, shows, games, etc..in our VCRs and kept a library? Who amongst us had never downloaded one or two songs from Napster, Lime Wire, MP3Rocket? Burn CDs/DVRs? Those are literally in the rear view mirror but my point, methinks we are all culpable with this whole 'intellectual property' thievery than maybe we're willing to admit?

I already paid likely in excess of 2-3Gs from iTunes. I've a huge range of playlist in my song library that I bought from that service ap.

We evolve in so many things in life, man.

Offline jone

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2019, 09:44:15 AM »
Hey,

I don't mean to come off so self righteous.  I'm not.  I will easily fill up my cup once the foam clears on the top when I'm at Pollo Loco (the only fast food place I'll go to...)  And I have watched copies of movies in my day. Out of convenience.   

But these types of things are not the things that occupy my mind.  My life is too short to worry about them - or for that matter, now, even elaborate about them. 

My original point stands, however.   How can we, as a society, not honor intellectual rights yet expect a whole country, China, to not try to do the same?   Our efforts there are as a cop, trying to enforce our laws.   While we, at home, are less than ethical in many of our dealings.   I know I have brought this up before, but Tom Clancy said it best in one of his books:  "International Relations is really just two nations attempting to F**k each other."

We have the king of such relations as our President, currently.   But he is negotiating for the US.   So now we think using such tactics as he uses is appropriate.   While that might be the proper perspective for our competitors, I do not thing we should be using such tactics with our traditional allies and friends.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2019, 10:05:45 AM »
Please stop this misinformation campaign.  There are some people who will just take your word and not bother to click on the link.

You clicked on the Microsoft link and failed to comprehend it and then proceeded to spread misinformation about what Microsoft said. I hope you're not an educator educating kids.

The A1 package is something a student or teacher can sign up for themselves.  It is a "free" version and is online only.  It is a web service version of Office, and require academic verification.  Again, it is subscriber based and is checked monthly.

In a previous post you said Office 365 was based off yearly subscription fees.  Fees are monthly on the A3 and A5 packages and the A1 package has no fees . All packages allows unlimited users and Microsoft doesn't say who those users need to be, just the person signing up has to be in school.

The A3 and A5 are organization level packages.  A university or school needs to sign up, similar to a corporate sign up.  The cost is $2.50 and $6.00 PER USER/month.  The plans allow unlimited number of users withing the organization, but the cost is increased by licensed user at the stated rate.  And they requires annual commitment, which equates to $30/per year per person fpor A3, and $72 per year per person for A5.

Wrong. The Microsoft page I provided offers the A1, A3, and A5 packages for students only. In the upper left corner above the A1 Package, click on "staff and faculty" button. There you will be taken to another page to see all three packages specifically for faculty and staff. They have a free A1 package option too or they can pay a couple dollars more than students for their respective A3, and A5 packages. ML's wife, a professor, may be interested in one of those packages.

Earlier you mention there is no Office 365 lifetime. Microsoft offers that but charges a one time fee for it and only offers it in a Home and student version for $150. I suspect that is the number Microsoft writes off per person using free or near free versions of Office 365. Probably why they continue to allow it to sell on Ebay. The sales may or may not break their rules but at a $150 value a pop, they're financially benefiting listing each copy used as a loss or charitable contribution on their tax return.

http://products.office.com/en-us/compare-all-microsoft-office-products?&activetab=1

We have the king of such relations as our President, currently.   But he is negotiating for the US.   So now we think using such tactics as he uses is appropriate.   While that might be the proper perspective for our competitors, I do not thing we should be using such tactics with our traditional allies and friends.

Trump isn't forcing a gun to anybody's head to sign a trade deal. Each nation sign a trade deal because there are benefits to their nation. Bill Clinton signed NAFTA and Mexico and Canada came out of it winners. We lost on NAFTA. Win some lose some. Trump wants to win all the time for America. Nothing evil about that. He's just smarter than Bill Clinton and would've never approved NAFTA.

If Microsoft activates your software with a $3 key you bought elsewhere, It's not evil and you are not stealing intellectual property. You have choices to pay more or pay less to legally obtain certain products. If paying more makes you sleep better, go for it. I showed you a Microsoft page where you can download Windows 10 Pro for free. Here is a Microsoft page where they will sell Windows 10 Pro for $199.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/b/windows?=en_US_Store_UH_software_Win&activetab=tab:shopwindows10

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2019, 11:03:08 AM »
...I will easily fill up my cup once the foam clears on the top when I'm at Pollo Loco (the only fast food place I'll go to...)

(sorry ML)

Try Pollo Inka. 100x better IMO. There's one in Redondo Beach, Hawthorne and Gardena. You'd be so happy you did you you'll even vote for Trump to show your appreciation.

Offline jone

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2019, 11:14:17 AM »

(sorry ML)

Try Pollo Inka. 100x better IMO. There's one in Redondo Beach, Hawthorne and Gardena. You'd be so happy you did you you'll even vote for Trump to show your appreciation.

(Likewise.  Sorry ML.  Shoulda stopped this long ago.)

The one in Torrance is NOT a fast food place.  I love the Picante de Pollo.  And the hot dinner rolls served with Green Sauce.  Never tried one of their express restaurants.    You get down our way, I'll take you to that Torrance location.   Worth the experience.  The location is PCH and Hawthorne Boulevard.  Lots of Inkan Motifs painted on the walls. 

Offline GQBlues

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2019, 11:17:15 AM »
I didn't realize they have one in Torrance now. Love Lomo Saltado. Arroz con Verde (green soup), too. Wifey learned how to make this.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Re: Computer Software and Intellectual Property Rights
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2019, 01:01:52 PM »
I haven't got the new Office program through eBay yet as still using my old Student Office version from nearly ten years ago now. I find little need for an update, even with a ten year old version it's got more features than I will ever probably use.

I have purchased other usually expensive software of eBay for a knockdown price like the Office example here. The sellers state it's fully legit and like Billy said eBay are supposed to knock off and ads that aren't. So I'm not really to know otherwise.

The very cheap price is perculiar, often it's a case of updates & support not being available but it can still be a bargain without that. Some software updates don't amount to much anyway and getting a new version of a product without updates can still be a good upgrade overall.

I think some people love stumping up the full wack at the official site others aren't bothered with the full deal just prefer a cheap price without all being bothered with all the bells and whistles.

I personally think many of the official sites prices are vastly overpriced that they are holding the consumer hostage in near monopoly like conditions. Many now have also got on the 'Pay Monthly' bandwagon to screw consumers further. So for me I'm quite happy to go for the cheap eBay deal :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BillyB

« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2019, 02:14:45 PM »

Go for it Trench. With the money saved, it's one more date you can go on with a woman and increase your chances on getting lucky. You can thank me later.

I've known some secrets for years but this time I wanted to help ML and everybody here to save some money with a tip on how to buy software which will save each person hundreds over the years. My Christmas present to the forum. A thank you would be nice but instead I get labeled a liar and thief. I would've been hung by now if it weren't for the public hangings ban.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2019, 03:21:58 PM »

Go for it Trench. With the money saved, it's one more date you can go on with a woman and increase your chances on getting lucky. You can thank me later.

I've known some secrets for years but this time I wanted to help ML and everybody here to save some money with a tip on how to buy software which will save each person hundreds over the years. My Christmas present to the forum. A thank you would be nice but instead I get labeled a liar and thief. I would've been hung by now if it weren't for the public hangings ban.

We're very appreciative, aren't we guys? :D

Yeah, I've probably saved the cost of a cheap flight and stay in a nice but cheap hotel in Ukraine as a result of such manoeuvres :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540998
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1970
Total: 1980

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM