It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Replacing RBG  (Read 30983 times)

Offline fathertime

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Replacing RBG
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2020, 08:56:47 PM »
Trump has constitutional authority and duty to make a nomination. It is up to the senate to take it to a confirmation. Make no mistake there is no hypocrisy here, 

Ha!   It is interesting to see how some of the conservatives are squirming about the hypocrisy..   See no evil, hear no evil and say no evil.  This is going to be a hard sell.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2020, 09:01:22 PM »
It is his duty to fill the seat and with such a controversial election coming up that seat needs to be filled.
It was also the duty of the senate to permit the filling of the seat during obozo's term. 

Fathertime!

Offline BillyB

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Replacing RBG
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2020, 09:11:10 PM »
Yes Dems.  Even Dianne Feinstein stirred the pot.

Christine Blassey Ford wrote a letter to Feinstein and requested to remain anonymous. her name and letter was leaked and there wasn't an investigation on who leaked it. When it comes to whistleblowing, there are times Democrats will protect that person's name and other times they'll release it. Luckily Christine wasn't killed by a radical right winger due to the Democrats reckless actions.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Replacing RBG
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2020, 09:57:15 PM »
It's not escalation unless it happens to Dem's.

You can't be totally blind to history.

Escalation is never limited to one side 2Tall.  You talk about the history and that proves my point, there will always be a 'well you did that first' that can go back to before the constitution.  A line can't be drawn defining who started what, when, where, and how.

Yet, we are where we are.  Any veil of civility has been torn down and the gloves are off.  Just as our citizens are fighting each other in the streets, our our governing body is now doing the same.

This has all the hallmarks of a leaderless, fear-driven society.  'Damn the torpedos, full speed ahead!'.  On one side we have a party that is fearful of a politically unbalanced Supreme Court.  On the other side we have a party that fears if they don't do something now to replace RBG now with a conservative judge they won't have the chance again for some time to come.

So back to my question 2Tall:  Is escalation the only path we have left?  If so, the Union is no more and we're back to square one with a pending, all out civil war.

Those who cannot see this are blind. 

So what my friend and fellow citizen is the answer? more escalation you say? 

There is only one choice available at this time and that is for the two warring parties to step back and let the people decide our fate.  Putting Union before Party is the only proper, just and peaceful path forward.

Either our endless political gaming and one-upmanship ends, or our nation ends.

Yes, it is that serious.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2020, 09:58:51 PM by BC »

Offline BC

Replacing RBG
« Reply #79 on: September 21, 2020, 12:12:21 AM »
Con,

in the video you posted, who were the aggressors?  Note there is a cutaway early on in the video.  Have the full version?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Replacing RBG
« Reply #80 on: September 21, 2020, 01:06:38 AM »
!"My most fervent wish is that I will not be replaced until a new president is installed,"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-54214729

Looks like the old hag is going to be denied her wish, Trump and the GOP look like they are going to put in her replacement BEFORE a new president is installed :D Looks like she didn't hang on long enough to avoid that one.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Online Faux Pas

• Trips: No Selection
Replacing RBG
« Reply #81 on: September 21, 2020, 05:16:58 AM »
Ha!   It is interesting to see how some of the conservatives are squirming about the hypocrisy..   See no evil, hear no evil and say no evil.  This is going to be a hard sell.

Fathertime!

It was also the duty of the senate to permit the filling of the seat during obozo's term. 

Fathertime!

You appear to be posting again for reaction again but, just is case you aren't  I'll give you some facts. The In politics, you do what you have the power to do. The power in this instance is in the hands of the senate majority leader.The people have spoken in that regard. This same power was in the hands of that same senate majority leader during Obama's nomination of Garland, not the minority leader. Obama's leadership lost the senate. There the people spoke and took that power away from Obama. That's the system whether you like it or not. The senate complied and did not vote on Garland. This is politics like it or not. When the same party controls the senate and the White House ending in a term of the president, the USSC nomination from the president is approved 100% of the time. It is the democrats crying "don't do as I do, do as I say". That my friend is hypocrisy
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:05:57 AM by AnonMod »

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #82 on: September 21, 2020, 05:25:25 AM »

You can pretend all you like, but it is hypocrisy from right wing conservatives.    There is a list of statements floating about from people such as Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio, among many other senators stating clearly not to replace a judge in last months leading up to an election.     Your attempted cover is noted, and I don't suspect will be bought by the majority.     I'm not sure having a very conservative supreme court will have that great of an affect on the country, but it won't represent the people correctly. 

Fathertime!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 08:06:57 AM by AnonMod »

Online Faux Pas

Replacing RBG
« Reply #83 on: September 21, 2020, 05:34:44 AM »
You can pretend all you like, but it is hypocrisy from right wing conservatives.    There is a list of statements floating about from people such as Lindsey Graham and Marco Rubio, among many other senators stating clearly not to replace a judge in last months leading up to an election.     Your attempted cover is noted, and I don't suspect will be bought by the majority.     I'm not sure having a very conservative supreme court will have that great of an affect on the country, but it won't represent the people correctly. 

Fathertime!

Yeah just as I suspected, you're posting for reaction. I gave you the facts. Ignore them if you wish

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #84 on: September 21, 2020, 05:40:22 AM »
Yeah just as I suspected, you're posting for reaction. I gave you the facts. Ignore them if you wish
I read your version of 'the facts'.  I also mentioned the same senators  stated under obozo they would not support replacing a supreme court judge last second before an election, and are now trying to do the very opposite under trump.  Straight hypocrisy, and partisanship....It is always interesting to read though how they concoct a new version of reasoning to justify their about face.    Nevertheless thanks for your reaction. 

Fathertime!   

Online Faux Pas

Replacing RBG
« Reply #85 on: September 21, 2020, 05:54:35 AM »
I read your version of 'the facts'.  I also mentioned the same senators  stated under obozo they would not support replacing a supreme court judge last second before an election, and are now trying to do the very opposite under trump.  Straight hypocrisy, and partisanship....It is always interesting to read though how they concoct a new version of reasoning to justify their about face.    Nevertheless thanks for your reaction. 

Fathertime!

No need in getting your blood pressure up and red faced FT. Accept the truth or deny it. Makes no matter to me but, you have heard the truth. Proof positive that you can lead a horse to water and he can walk away thirsty ;D

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #86 on: September 21, 2020, 06:07:55 AM »
No need in getting your blood pressure up and red faced FT. Accept the truth or deny it. Makes no matter to me but, you have heard the truth. Proof positive that you can lead a horse to water and he can walk away thirsty ;D
I am quite fine.  Your version of the truth is not accepted by most, and I continue to mention is going to be a VERY hard sell.  The rubio/graham statements will be replayed over and over by the 'evil media', and pounded into the public.  Even some conservatives will know in their heart of hearts it is straight hypocrisy/partisanship.  Others such as yourself, will try to use talking points to defend it.  I think trump may try to nominate, and may ever prevail, but it won't go over well with the people....but as we know that doesn't matter much!

Fathertime! 

Online Faux Pas

Replacing RBG
« Reply #87 on: September 21, 2020, 06:13:48 AM »
I am quite fine.  Your version of the truth is not accepted by most, and I continue to mention is going to be a VERY hard sell.  The rubio/graham statements will be replayed over and over by the 'evil media', and pounded into the public.  Even some conservatives will know in their heart of hearts it is straight hypocrisy/partisanship.  Others such as yourself, will try to use talking points to defend it.  I think trump may try to nominate, and may ever prevail, but it won't go over well with the people....but as we know that doesn't matter much!

Fathertime!

He will nominate. What the senate does is up to McConnell and if they vote both Rubio and Graham will have a vote. Let's see what they do. Ginsberg herself stated publicly that the president should nominate during an election year.

McConnell has the power as soon as Trump sends over a nominee. Like it or not, both have the constitutional duty and authority. That's politics

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
Replacing RBG
« Reply #88 on: September 21, 2020, 06:30:51 AM »
So Friday or Saturday is the projected date laid out by THE Donald. A day after RBG’s services. Exactly the way I believed this should go.

FILL THAT SEAT!!
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Gator

Replacing RBG
« Reply #89 on: September 21, 2020, 08:54:48 AM »

This has all the hallmarks of a leaderless, fear-driven society. 

What we have is anarchy.

Definition of ANARCHY - a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

BC, the problem in our society is not "leaderless" but the nonrecognition of Trump's authorities as President.  This started before he took office and has been a constant action of the Democrats and left extremists throughout his four years.

'
On one side we have a party that is fearful of a politically unbalanced Supreme Court.  On the other side we have a party that fears if they don't do something now to replace RBG now with a conservative judge they won't have the chance again for some time to come.

Appointing judges is symptomatic but just the tip of the iceberg.  We don't need to go through the long list. 

There is only one choice available at this time and that is for the two warring parties to step back and let the people decide our fate. 

One side:   Destroying our cities, obstructing Presidential and Senate Authority at every opportunity,  etc.

Other side:  Governing under the authority granted by the Constitution.   

Offline GQBlues

Replacing RBG
« Reply #90 on: September 21, 2020, 09:04:14 AM »
He will nominate. What the senate does is up to McConnell and if they vote both Rubio and Graham will have a vote. Let's see what they do. Ginsberg herself stated publicly that the president should nominate during an election year.

McConnell has the power as soon as Trump sends over a nominee. Like it or not, both have the constitutional duty and authority. That's politics

Exactly. What CNN and its followers intentionally dismisses is, RBG, as a SC justice, should know better than to politicize any bit of what the SC stands for, which she's been doing since her nomination.

Constitutionally, Trump is obligated to appoint a SC replacement ASAP especially since major cases are being brought over to the SC for ruling.
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.

Online 2tallbill

• Living the dream
Replacing RBG
« Reply #91 on: September 21, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »
The Senate’s Rural Skew Makes It Very Hard For Democrats To Win The Supreme Court
http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-senates-rural-skew-makes-it-very-hard-for-democrats-to-win-the-supreme-court/
FSUW are not for entry level daters
FSUW don't do vague
FSUW like a man of action. Be a man of action 
If you find a promising girl, get your butt on a plane.
There are a hundred ways to be successful and a thousand ways to f#ck it up
Just kiss the girl, don't ask her first. Tolerate NO excuses!

Offline BC

Replacing RBG
« Reply #92 on: September 21, 2020, 09:57:41 AM »
What we have is anarchy.

Definition of ANARCHY - a state of disorder due to absence or nonrecognition of authority.

BC, the problem in our society is not "leaderless" but the nonrecognition of Trump's authorities as President.  This started before he took office and has been a constant action of the Democrats and left extremists throughout his four years.

Authority lies in our Constitution not a president, otherwise he/she would not be bound by it.  When trust in a leader has been lost, we are de facto leaderless. Most all Americans believe in our Constitution so I don't think we can call it anarchy.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
Replacing RBG
« Reply #93 on: September 21, 2020, 10:51:41 AM »
  Ginsberg herself stated publicly that the president should nominate during an election year.

McConnell has the power as soon as Trump sends over a nominee. Like it or not, both have the constitutional duty and authority. That's politics.
Asked if the Senate had an obligation to assess Judge Garland’s qualifications, her answer was immediate.
“That’s their job,” she said. “There’s nothing in the Constitution that says the president stops being president in his last year.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-no-fan-of-donald-trump-critiques-latest-term.html?referringSource=articleShare
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline GQBlues

Replacing RBG
« Reply #94 on: September 21, 2020, 11:10:02 AM »
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/11/us/politics/ruth-bader-ginsburg-no-fan-of-donald-trump-critiques-latest-term.html?referringSource=articleShare

That's not fair because she apologized at a later date that she even dared form an opinion about a presidential candidate, much less openly attack one. She knows the judicial branch of our government is a non-political entity. No one is infallible. Not even Ginsberg.

The mere fact she intentionally waited this long, instead of retiring because of her medical condition these past 4 years does cast doubts on the sincerity of her apology.

But doesn't matter, the country must march on based on the Constitutionality of our laws.

FILL THAT SEAT!!

Offline Gator

Replacing RBG
« Reply #95 on: September 21, 2020, 12:29:00 PM »

When trust in a leader has been lost, we are de facto leaderless. 

The voters expressed their trust in Trump by electing him President. 

Some political opposition is expected.  In fact, it is an American tradition.  Beyond the pale obstruction is another matter, starting before the man took office. 

Most all Americans believe in our Constitution so I don't think we can call it anarchy.   

Agree to "most all Americans."   A relatively small number have long taken to riots in the streets, with three large cities named today as anarchist jurisdictions.   For months Biden and Democrat leadership at the Federal, state and local levels did not object to such anarchy.  That emboldened the rioters and supports anarchy. 

After watching the polls dip, Biden finally spoke on August 31 to condemn the riots.  Then in the next breath blamed Trump for "fomenting" the riots.  I don't know if Kamala has yet to condemn riots. 

Believing in our Constitution is recognizing the President is granted power by the Constitution to nominate SC judges, with the nomination confirmed or denied by the Senate.  I don't recall the Constitution placing limits on this power, meaning Trump can do it.

Likewise, the Democrats if they win the 2020 election will take steps to assure they never lose another election.  Drastic steps, more drastic than nominating a SC justice in an election year.    However, I feel fairly certain the Democrats were intending to do that anyway regardless of  RBG's death.   

Offline jone

Replacing RBG
« Reply #96 on: September 21, 2020, 12:55:37 PM »

Authority lies in our Constitution not a president, otherwise he/she would not be bound by it.  When trust in a leader has been lost, we are de facto leaderless. Most all Americans believe in our Constitution so I don't think we can call it anarchy.

If trust in this President would be lost, then he would not have been acquitted in his impeachment hearings.  BC, you are playing politics in the guise of Constitutional authority.   Think this one through.   It is beneath you.   Trump is the legally elected President.   We have a way of moving on to another one.   It is called an election.   Subsequent to the election is the peaceful transfer of power. 

I may not like Trump.  But he is our President and he gets to make his choices.   At least until January.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

Replacing RBG
« Reply #97 on: September 21, 2020, 12:58:47 PM »
The voters expressed their trust in Trump by electing him President. 

NO, they didn't ..3m more of 'em voted for Clinton ... your EC system elected 'Trampu' ...

Offline Gator

Replacing RBG
« Reply #98 on: September 21, 2020, 01:26:13 PM »
NO, they didn't ..3m more of 'em voted for Clinton ... your EC system elected 'Trampu' ...

Einstein's Parable of Quantum Insanity

Offline fathertime

Replacing RBG
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2020, 02:32:09 PM »
My guess is this time around the number will be more than 3 million more votes for biden than trump.  Trump reelected by more of a minority, then appoints a supreme court judge that isn't supported by the people.  When/if this happens, it should be no surprise that people continue to protest within the 'most exceptional' country.  The rest of the world will also protest by not cooperating very much with what we try to demand. 

Fathertime!

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1888
Total: 1899

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM