It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Var insurance in Russia  (Read 3030 times)

Offline msmobyone

• patriotism is the last vestige of fools, but hey
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Var insurance in Russia
« on: October 01, 2015, 02:25:43 AM »
I am in the UK and t'other half accquired a replacement car from the manufacturer.

I have no idea how this works in Russia...The 'old ' car was 11 months old and we had just taken out new insurance cover for it two moths ago.

Can one transfer the insurance and pay an admin fee?

Are there sites where one can compare/ obtain quotes to compare?
Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline abashka

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Re: Var insurance in Russia
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2015, 03:24:17 AM »
Yes, you can do it, no problems. Just call to your insurance company and tell them the story.
When I sold my car several years ago, they paid me back insurance money for the 6 months left

Offline msmobyone

Re: car insurance in Russia
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 01:37:12 AM »
Abashka

thanks for responding.

The story was told and the new car insured. We must wait 30 days for the money for the old insurance to be returned

We lost 50 percent of the payments - even though it was only insured for 3 months - I guess 3 months was admin..

S.C has been stopped twice daily by the Police- as she had no plates [ tags ] - she had 10 days to get them... In the UK we drive off the forecourt in new cars with the number plate [ tags] and insurance... The premium is much less than the UK

Please excuse the Curmudgeon in my posts ..he will be cured by being reunited with his loved one ;)

Offline mendeleyev

• RWD Advisor
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2015, 02:20:36 AM »
Keep this in mind just in case: If case of an accident, you have a limited amount of time to fix the car. The insurance companies report to a state database. Also, if you purchase a car on credit, Russian banks have the right to recall the car if the repairs are not made in a timely fashion after an accident. I'm not sure how all this compares to Western countries.

The Mendeleyev Journal. http://mendeleyevjournal.com Member: Congress of Russian Journalists; ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.RU (Journalist-Russia); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.UA (Journalist-Ukraine); ЖУРНАЛИСТЫ.KZ (Journalist-Kazakhstan); ПОРТАЛ ЖУРНАЛИСТОВ (Portal of RU-UA Journalists); Просто Журналисты ("Just Journalists").

Offline msmobyone

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2015, 02:31:51 AM »
Keep this in mind just in case: If case of an accident, you have a limited amount of time to fix the car. The insurance companies report to a state database. Also, if you purchase a car on credit, Russian banks have the right to recall the car if the repairs are not made in a timely fashion after an accident. I'm not sure how all this compares to Western countries.

Thanks, Mendy  :D

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1979
Total: 1989

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM