It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Coronavirus, how are you preparing for it and how it is affecting you so far?  (Read 439210 times)

Offline BC

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: 4 - 10
Straw that broke the camel's back.

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Latest news report that most people that have the virus (and have had) don't even know they got it:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53320155

I brought up before that odds are this virus will probably make its way through the population anyway and the lockdown prove to be a needless expensive waste of time. Our Mobers rubbished that idea at the time but it is increasingly looking to being the case.

If figures from northern Italy are anything to go by half of the population will have had it by now. So just the other half left to get it if that. The best we might have done is delay some people catching it, but at great cost to the economy. The global recession/depression that could now ensue could be far worse than the virus on people's lives.

Only good news may be that once this virus has worked its way through the population it may eventually fizzle out as weaker strains evolve and anti-bodies develop.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline BC

Latest news report that most people that have the virus (and have had) don't even know they got it:

Your linked article seems to say nothing of the sort.

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
I can't see his posts, for a change ..

Might he have seen this ? :

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-53320155

Coronavirus: Majority testing positive have no symptoms

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Now, now Mobers, let's put this silliness behind us. No point in only being able to see a part of someone's discussion. I'll agree to not requote CB's posts if you agree to unblock me, what do you say old chum? ;D
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Recent report from Black Sea resorts in Russia and Ukraine of people defying the social distancing measures there. Packed out on the beaches:

http://www.euronews.com/2020/07/07/coronavirus-few-masks-and-little-distancing-as-thousands-pack-black-sea-beaches-in-russia

Likely to really push up cases out there I would have thought. Even still at present either FSU countries aren't reporting correctly or the present and to date relatively low numbers may point to some natural resistance in Slavic people perhaps.

Offline msmob

SC can walk to the beach, from home, but is driving THEN walking to keep away from the holiday makers ...not taking walks along the front in the evenings ..

She's always pleased when she has the beach to herself ...her diving platform ..

« Last Edit: July 09, 2020, 09:44:01 PM by msmob »

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
Ahh, to be a Keyboard Romeo :cheesy:

Offline msmob

How it affected the most well known FSU traveller

Mr Bald and Bankrupt got COVID-19 in his forties, watched people die alone and describes the effects on his body.. one somewhat alarming ..Anyone dismissive of this virus needs to watch this..

Offline calmissile

How it affected the most well known FSU traveller

Mr Bald and Bankrupt got COVID-19 in his forties, watched people die alone and describes the effects on his body.. one somewhat alarming ..Anyone dismissive of this virus needs to watch this..

Never thought we would have mutual interests but I was just about to post the same video.  I have watched many of his adventure videos and enjoyed them.   Agree, this is something people need to watch.

In addition, I have been binge watching about a dozen sailboat cruiser videos over the past couple of months.  I have not known anyone that has caught Covid-19 but this link is to a series that I have followed from beginning to end.  Unfortunately, this very popular sailing blogger got Covid-19 and his wife tells the story about how quickly it all came about.  It was a shock to watch his last video a week before and then find this end to their story.

BTW. after watching this video I went to a CVS pharmacy and bought one of those oxygen monitoring devices you clip on your finger and it was only $50.  Both videos mentioned that the oxygen % in the blood is a critical indicator of your condition.  The last video indicated that is when the hospital decides to put you on a ventilator.

Doug (Calmissile)

Offline msmob

Wow!

I follow 10 plus bluewater cruisers, but not this family and watched the vid... Powerful stuff.

I will watch Patrick's last vid, later ..

Another member was first to post Mr Bald's vid in another thread ( JohnDearGreen) - although I only realised, after.

Thank you, for sharing Rebecca's video.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 1994
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 10
Guests: 1980
Total: 1990

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM