It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Europe in the News  (Read 58059 times)

Offline mhr7

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Re: Europe in the News
« Reply #150 on: April 24, 2017, 07:21:37 AM »
That is precisely what I expect a fruit to say. I was there in New York 2 blocks from WTC that day. Your ignorance comes through well here. We didn't bring the human excrement into our country. They succeeded in outsmarting us that day. It wasn't like they went into the towers with AK-47s to kill thousands. They used weapons far deadlier. Europe is far worse place to live in now. Keep importing the refugees.

What ignorance is he showing? We did allow the 9/11 terrorists into the country, didn't we? What difference does it make if they used a plane, bomb or gun?

Something for your own ignorance-

From 1975 to the end of 2015, 20 refugees have been convicted of attempting or committing terrorism on U.S. soil, and only three Americans have been killed in attacks committed by refugees—all in the 1970s.  Zero Americans have been killed by Syrian refugees in a terrorist attack on U.S. soil.  The annual chance of an American dying in a terrorist attack committed by a refugee is one in 3.6 billion.  The other 17 convictions have mainly been for aiding or attempting to join foreign terrorists. 

http://www.cato.org/blog/little-national-security-benefit-trumps-executive-order-immigration
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:28:49 AM by mhr7 »
"After your death, you will be what you were before your birth." - Schopenhauer

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2017, 10:59:36 AM »
Actually this is a European news thread.

http://www.euronews.com/2017/04/24/le-pen-celebrates-historic-moment-in-french-election

I did not include the image of the divisive woman who came SECOND in round one and will get her fascist / racist  ass  kicked HARD - like her father before her

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2017, 11:55:18 AM »
I did not include the image of the divisive woman who came SECOND in round one and will get her fascist / racist  ass  kicked HARD - like her father before her

I thought she was one of main ones responsible for getting her father and those who held these fascist/racist views out of the party.

If she wanted those policies to continue, then why get rid of her father?
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2017, 06:46:16 PM »
.. fascist/racist views out of the party.

.. her father?

I checked on some of this and it's strange.

Mr Le Pen seems to have been cited and penalized for an infraction that didn't exist [as a French law] until some 3 years later.

The Gayssot Act or Gayssot Law (French: Loi Gayssot), enacted on 13 July 1990, makes it an offense in France to question the existence or size of the category of crimes against humanity as defined in the London Charter of 1945
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayssot_Act

Le Pen has made several provocative statements concerning the Holocaust which have been interpreted by the legal system as constituting Holocaust denial. He has been convicted of racism or inciting racial hatred at least six times.[19] Thus, on 13 September 1987 he said, "I ask myself several questions. I'm not saying the gas chambers didn't exist. I haven't seen them myself. I haven't particularly studied the question. But I believe it's just a detail in the history of World War II." He was condemned under the Gayssot Act to pay 1.2 million francs (183,200 euros)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jean-Marie_Le_Pen#Controversial_statements

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Anotherkiwi

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2017, 07:18:11 PM »
That is precisely what I expect a fruit to say. I was there in New York 2 blocks from WTC that day. Your ignorance comes through well here. We didn't bring the human excrement into our country.

Why the insults?  Can't you handle the truth?  Yes, 9/11 was a horrendous day and, even from this distance, I lost a friend working in the WTC.  That doesn't change the facts, which is precisely why I included the "human excrement" known as Timothy McVeigh in my post.  In case you've forgotten, he was born in Lockport, New York - hardly a hotbed of imported refugee crises.

They succeeded in outsmarting us that day. It wasn't like they went into the towers with AK-47s to kill thousands. They used weapons far deadlier. Europe is far worse place to live in now. Keep importing the refugees.

It's such a pity that your mind is so closed that you can't even begin to understand why your logic is so flawed.  As I posted above, most of the world is a happy place where terrorism is the furthest thing from people's minds - with or without refugees.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #155 on: April 24, 2017, 07:52:47 PM »
This discussion has always been about murders using firearms - nothing else.

Not this discussion but just remember, if it weren't for American guns parked all over the world, we'd probably see a lot more deaths everywhere, including Europe. No other society provides this kind of security anywhere. Our way of life, even with all it's faults, save more lives than ends them. Human conflict always happened throughout history. Just be glad the good guys currently have the biggest guns.

In general terms, pretty well everywhere in the civilised world is safe to live, but tell that to the relatives of those killed on 9/11, or by Timothy McVeigh in Oklahoma City (using the two most obvious examples).  Far more died in those incidents than have been killed in Europe in all "terrorist" attacks put together - including Beslan, Oslo and Paris.

Two incidences in America are deadlier than ALL terrorist attacks in Europe? Pull out your calculator.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/world/a-history-of-terrorism-in-europe/

We did allow the 9/11 terrorists into the country,

They went to Germany first. They behaved there so it was easier for them to get into the USA.

People wonder how guys like Hitler get into power but when the pendulum swings hard to the left, it's bound to swing back hard to the right. I'm not surprised if some countries in Europe end up electing extreme right or left candidates.

Timothy McVeigh, he was born in Lockport, New York - hardly a hotbed of imported refugee crises.

Every nation is going to have disgruntled people who do extreme things but although Americans outnumber immigrants, immigrant terror attacks outnumbers domestic terror attacks.

I don't mind immigration. I think it's very helpful to the economy if done right. A hard working immigrant is always better than a deadbeat citizen. But to let in people who want all the benefits our nation and culture have to offer but don't want to embrace our nation and culture is a bad move. Would you invite people into your house if they hate you or your way of life? You wouldn't let them in your home and we shouldn't let them in our nations.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline msmob

« Reply #156 on: April 24, 2017, 08:24:55 PM »
I thought she was one of main ones responsible for getting her father and those who held these fascist/racist views out of the party.

If she wanted those policies to continue, then why get rid of her father?

Her policies are still racist and intolerant. Witness the depth of antipathy towards her.

Offline Anotherkiwi

« Reply #157 on: April 25, 2017, 06:57:18 PM »
Two incidences in America are deadlier than ALL terrorist attacks in Europe? Pull out your calculator.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/world/a-history-of-terrorism-in-europe/

While I'll agree that in straight numbers you are correct, you need to dig a bit deeper.  The vast majority of terror attacks in Britain and Spain were conducted by the IRA and ETA respectively, and pretty much stopped by the year 2000.  France had a couple of attacks in 2015, and a couple last year, which between them killed fewer than 250 people.  Ukraine is a special case - I'm not sure that even MH317 can be described as a "terror" attack in this sense.

Every nation is going to have disgruntled people who do extreme things but although Americans outnumber immigrants, immigrant terror attacks outnumbers domestic terror attacks.

That depends upon your definition of "domestic" terror attacks.  What's also interesting in the link that you provided is that it also links to Vice News' tracker of mass shootings in the USA, and mass shootings in Europe, in 2016.

http://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mass-shootings-in-europe-in-2016
http://www.vice.com/en_us/article/mass-shootings-in-the-united-states-and-europe-in-2016

Without commenting, I'll just say that the numbers (392 dead and 1502 injured in the USA, and 53 dead and 169 injured in Europe [which includes Russia]) are somewhat different from the impression a casual reader of your posts would infer.

I don't mind immigration. I think it's very helpful to the economy if done right. A hard working immigrant is always better than a deadbeat citizen. But to let in people who want all the benefits our nation and culture have to offer but don't want to embrace our nation and culture is a bad move. Would you invite people into your house if they hate you or your way of life? You wouldn't let them in your home and we shouldn't let them in our nations.

I totally agree.  However, for you, your President or anyone else to argue that ALL Muslims fall into this category is ridiculous.  The vast majority, wherever they end up (if they're migrating) are just as peaceful and respecting of local laws and customs as those who were born there.  The same applies to ALL immigrants to every country - including those, like you and GQBlues, who have moved to the USA and have carved out successful lives for themselves.

Of course there are some bad apples in immigrant populations - just as there amongst those who were born in any country and have never left.

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #158 on: April 27, 2017, 02:53:18 PM »
Marine Le Pen SURGES in latest poll as Macron is blasted for first round celebrations
Macron gets booed big time in his own home town.
Another found some 61 per cent of French voters think that Ms Le Pen is leading a successful second-round campaign, compared to 48 per cent for Mr Macron, according to a Harris Interactive poll for RMC and Atlantico published on Wednesday.
Mr Macron is the current frontrunner ahead of the second round of the French election but has been accused of complacency by both rivals and allies.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/797147/Marine-Le-Pen-French-Election-Emmanuel-Macron-poll-Jean-Marie-Le-Pen-Jean-Luc-M-lenchon
~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline msmob

« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2017, 12:24:09 AM »
Quoting from a right of centre Brexit supporting UK paper - you'll really get a representative vision of reality .....  :cluebat:

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2017, 10:48:07 AM »
  a right of centre Brexit Frexit?

Offline msmob

« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2017, 09:18:45 PM »
Well... having watched the stable uK currency bomb and not a few other 'little consequences' as a result of voting to leave.... the French will NOT be going that route under Macron...

Some posters seem determined to prove they do not understand the French electoral system..   Le Pen has lost already

Offline msmob

« Reply #162 on: May 07, 2017, 11:20:19 AM »
Macron won .. hardly 'news'

Offline wallm

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #163 on: May 07, 2017, 12:36:37 PM »
Macron won .. hardly 'news'

What does this mean for us yanks? Europe will be any better? safer to travel to?

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #164 on: May 07, 2017, 01:01:47 PM »
Because the first thing French voters considered was how their vote would be perceived by Americans.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 01:23:51 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline msmob

« Reply #165 on: May 07, 2017, 06:06:57 PM »
@Boethius )))))))

@wallmart..

You ARE afraid... don't check the stats of the likelihood of being killed in an act of terror v an accident staying 'safe' at home....

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #166 on: May 07, 2017, 06:21:06 PM »
Le Pen gets a Hitler style schnurrbart and Macaroon gets little love hearts.... 

http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/05/french-elections-2017-who-will-win/524775/

Offline wallm

« Reply #167 on: May 07, 2017, 07:19:03 PM »
@Boethius )))))))

@wallmart..

You ARE afraid... don't check the stats of the likelihood of being killed in an act of terror v an accident staying 'safe' at home....

wanker, I am not afraid. I am cautious. ;)

Offline ML

« Reply #168 on: May 07, 2017, 07:23:50 PM »

Trap of interpreting statistics wrong.

Yes, more people die at home . . . because that's where they spend more time . . . not because there is more risk of being at home, on a minute to minute basis.

On a smaller scale, most car wrecks occur relatively close to one's home; not because it is less safe in that area . . . but because your car spends more time in that area.

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline jone

« Reply #169 on: May 07, 2017, 09:22:36 PM »
ML,

If car accidents generally occur closer to home, you should move.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline msmob

« Reply #170 on: May 07, 2017, 10:49:43 PM »
Trap of interpreting statistics wrong.

I think I spend more than 50 percent of my time away from home .... it's too dangerous...

Me? I prefer 'risking' flying via Istanbul on Turkish Airlines, transiting via Brussels / Domodedova airports , visiting Belfast Centre Centre ( 70's), Paris, Nice, London and all those places that are 'too dangerous' for cautious people 

Offline wallm

« Reply #171 on: May 08, 2017, 04:23:21 AM »
cautious guy here.....I did go to Europe twice in last 6 months despite the ever present risk of being blown up. ;D

Seriously, our government issued a travel warning for all of Europe last week I believe plus our homeland security chief says he has sleepless nights thinking about planes being blown out of the sky.

Just get your shit together (i highly doubt Europeans are capable of it).
I will be going back to see my lady in 2 months and I will be in Europe again.
I just wont fly through/visit some areas. :P

Offline tfcrew

« Reply #172 on: May 08, 2017, 09:08:46 AM »
Maybe it was when Macaroni had used the word 'brotherhood'.
Watch at your own risk :popcorn:

Offline msmob

« Reply #173 on: May 08, 2017, 02:14:45 PM »
cautious guy here.....I did go to Europe twice in last 6 months despite the ever present risk of being blown up. ;D

Seriously, our government issued a travel warning for all of Europe last week I believe plus our homeland security chief says he has sleepless nights thinking about planes being blown out of the sky.

Advice from the UK Foreign and Commonwealth website re the USA:

"Terrorists are very likely to try to carry out attacks in the USA. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places visited by foreigners. You should monitor media reports and remain vigilant at all times."

Would it stop me visiting the USA ...? of course not ..

Just get your shit together

Rich coming from a nation that regarded getting on a domestic flight was like catching a bus - prior to 911 - security was CRAP

(i highly doubt Europeans are capable of it).
I will be going back to see my lady in 2 months and I will be in Europe again.
I just wont fly through/visit some areas. :P

A UK citizen was killed in Jan 207 in a terrorist attack on US soil
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38535699

How many died at the Pulse Club in Orlando ?

'Seriously', let's agree that being 'paranoid' about dying as a result of a terrorist attack in Europe is rather daft - given the odds AND the US having a far greater chance of being murdered...

You're probably SAFER over here :))

Offline jone

« Reply #174 on: May 08, 2017, 03:04:58 PM »
Nah, I'm a gonna spend my holidays in Chicago.  Great place to catch up on all of the niceties of US Society.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1862
Total: 1873

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM