It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: The Propaganda War  (Read 409969 times)

Offline cc3

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: Resident
Re: The Propaganda War
« Reply #1800 on: September 03, 2015, 10:45:36 AM »
Larissa, you know nothing about conditions in Donbas and in the rest of 'normal' Ukraine. You know nothing about the true nature of of the disapora of, mostly, Russian speaker refugees from Donbas to other parts of Ukraine, forced by the invasion of the Russian Army. Without that invasion, the Ukrainian Army would have restored peace and the rule of law to Donbas. What you think that you know is nothing but the fiction of muscovite propaganda. My fiancee, who is Russian speaking and Ukrainian-native born to ethnic Russian emigrants, in the town destroyed by invading Russian tanks and artillery, Debaltseve, had to flee Donbas, with her daughter, ahead of the invading Russian Army, with its murderous Chechen henchmen. Surprise!...she did not choose to flee to that enlightened paradise of Muscovy, only about 50 km from her residence in Luhansk (Lugansk to you); she chose to go as far away from the Russian border as she could: Lviv (Lvov). And as fascist as Kremlin propaganda might depict western Ukraine and Lviv, her daughter spent the last year completing Russian-speaking secondary school in Lviv, a school publicly funded by the Ukrainian government.

My fiancee hates Putin, his army, and the Russian people for supporting him and destroying normal life for Donbas residents and for all other Ukrainians, who are now united as a nation against the moskali aggressors.

Offline Larissa2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #1801 on: September 03, 2015, 10:54:27 AM »
Larissa, you know nothing about conditions in Donbas and in the rest of 'normal' Ukraine. You know nothing about the true nature of of the disapora of, mostly, Russian speaker refugees from Donbas to other parts of Ukraine, forced by the invasion of the Russian Army. Without that invasion, the Ukrainian Army would have restored peace and the rule of law to Donbas. What you think that you know is nothing but the fiction of muscovite propaganda. My fiancee, who is Russian speaking and Ukrainian-native born to ethnic Russian emigrants, in the town destroyed by invading Russian tanks and artillery, Debaltseve, had to flee Donbas, with her daughter, ahead of the invading Russian Army, with its murderous Chechen henchmen. Surprise!...she did not choose to flee to that enlightened paradise of Muscovy, only about 50 km from her residence in Luhansk (Lugansk to you); she chose to go as far away from the Russian border as she could: Lviv (Lvov). And as fascist as Kremlin propaganda might depict western Ukraine and Lviv, her daughter spent the last year completing Russian-speaking secondary school in Lviv, a school publicly funded by the Ukrainian government.

My fiancee hates Putin, his army, and the Russian people for supporting him and destroying normal life for Donbas residents and for all other Ukrainians, who are now united as a nation against the moskali aggressors.
If I had a good English, I could tell you the truth. Sorry, you are wrong.You are mistaken.Now even say that it is not Russia won the Great Patriotic War.It's horrible.

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1802 on: September 03, 2015, 10:58:42 AM »
A report on the wealth of the Kremlin appointed leaders of Donbas.  This is from a Russian newspaper.

http://www.novayagazeta.ru/politics/69639.html

novayagazeta is Western propaganda in Russia.Novayagazeta published traitors of our country.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:04:54 AM by Larissa2 »

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
« Reply #1803 on: September 03, 2015, 10:59:26 AM »
How can he be wrong when he is telling you the experience of someone who lived in Donbas, fled the war, and is living in Ukraine?  An ethnic Russian, by the way.

Russia didn't win WW2.  The Allies did.  And, there were millions of Ukrainian soldiers in the Red Army as well.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1804 on: September 03, 2015, 11:01:02 AM »
novayagazeta is Western propaganda in Russia.

I literally laughed out loud at that.  It is operated by ethnic Russians, for Russians.  My speculation is it is a "Kremlin project" to create a controlled opposition.

With your extreme attitudes about the West, I can guarantee you will not find a man from North America.  Focus on Europe (and I do mean that in a positive way, not as an insult - no use wasting your time). 
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:09:56 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1805 on: September 03, 2015, 11:14:23 AM »

I literally laughed out loud at that.  It is operated by ethnic Russians, for Russians.  My speculation is it is a "Kremlin project" to create a controlled opposition.

With your extreme attitudes about the West, I can guarantee you will not find a man from North America.  Focus on Europe (and I do mean that in a positive way, not as an insult - no use wasting your time).
Russia was at war with the Nazis 4 years, and the United States won the war. Horror.
I am going not in USA.Indeed, you have a strong propaganda.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1806 on: September 03, 2015, 11:20:31 AM »
I don't live in the U.S.

In addition to the USSR and the U.S., the Allies included the UK, France, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, the Netherlands, Denmark, Greece, Norway, Poland, Yugoslavia, South Africa, Brazil, and China. Maybe I'm missing one.  Several of those countries were in the war almost 2 years before the USSR was invaded.

If you know your history, you know that the Soviet government made a pact with the Nazis, and Stalin didn't believe the USSR would be invaded by the Germans, resulting in a virtual sweep of Ukrainian territory when Operation Barbarossa was launched.  That's not propaganda, by the way.  It's history, backed up by thousands of declassified documents.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:23:12 AM by Boethius »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1807 on: September 03, 2015, 11:25:39 AM »
As for American propaganda, I'll post again something Russians don't like hearing.  Most Americans don't care about Russia.  They don't care about Donbas.  They don't read about it, they don't think about it, and they certainly aren't wasting time on propaganda campaigns.

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1808 on: September 03, 2015, 11:28:14 AM »
I don't live in the U.S.

In addition to the USSR and the U.S., the Allies included the UK, France, Canada (my country), Australia, New Zealand, Belgium, Denmark, Greece, the Netherlands, Denmark, Greece, Norway, Poland, Yugoslavia, South Africa, Brazil, and China. Maybe I'm missing one.  Several of those countries, including Canada, were in the war almost 2 years before the USSR was invaded.

If you know your history, you know that the Soviet government made a pact with the Nazis, and Stalin didn't believe the USSR would be invaded by the Germans, resulting in a virtual sweep of Ukrainian territory when Operation Barbarossa was launched.  That's not propaganda, by the way.  It's history, backed up by thousands of declassified documents.

Europe surrendered a few days. Russia fought for 4 years.Churchill opened a second front in 1944.Do not make me laugh.
http://review-planet.ru/2013/11/mamaev-kurgan-foto/
http://mamaew-kurgan.ru/photo/

Offline Larissa2

« Reply #1809 on: September 03, 2015, 11:30:24 AM »
As for American propaganda, I'll post again something Russians don't like hearing.  Most Americans don't care about Russia.  They don't care about Donbas.  They don't read about it, they don't think about it, and they certainly aren't wasting time on propaganda campaigns.

The Russians also do not care about the United States.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1810 on: September 03, 2015, 11:31:42 AM »
Europe surrendered in a few days? 

I suppose all those dead soldiers on the beaches of Dieppe should be told their countries had surrendered.

The inconvenient truth is that the USSR made a pact with Hitler, and sat aside until it was invaded.

Offline jone

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #1811 on: September 03, 2015, 11:32:44 AM »
Um, Boe, you mentioned Denmark and Greece twice.  (Just sayin!)

Do you have any pictures of the signing of the Molotov / Ribbentrop Pact?

Below is a diagram of the Soviet / Nazi negotiations and how Poland was to be split between them.

I wonder what our revisionist historian thinks of that treaty?
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1812 on: September 03, 2015, 11:32:52 AM »

Were that true, Russian papers wouldn't be filled with articles about the U.S.

My husband just returned from Russia.  He said the amount of anti US propaganda reminded him of the early 1980's in the USSR. 

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1813 on: September 03, 2015, 11:38:04 AM »
Um, Boe, you mentioned Denmark and Greece twice.  (Just sayin!)

Do you have any pictures of the signing of the Molotov / Ribbentrop Pact?

Below is a diagram of the Soviet / Nazi negotiations and how Poland was to be split between them.

I wonder what our revisionist historian thinks of that treaty?

. . . Crickets.

Offline HoundDaddyLee

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #1814 on: September 03, 2015, 11:38:22 AM »
Europe surrendered a few days. Russia fought for 4 years.Churchill opened a second front in 1944.Do not make me laugh.
http://review-planet.ru/2013/11/mamaev-kurgan-foto/
http://mamaew-kurgan.ru/photo/

Larissa you are showing your anti-western bias. You say the second front was not opened until 1944. That would come as a surprise to all the Allies fighting the Nazis in North Africa from 1940 - 1943. Then Sicily and Italy. All before the Normandy invasions. I back up what Bo is saying, it was a group effort to defeat the Germans. It always amazes me how folks from the former Soviet Union think they single handily defeated Germany. Just like I call out my fellow Americans for taking full credit for defeating the Germans.

The biggest enemy of truth is propaganda.

HDL
« Last Edit: September 03, 2015, 11:40:11 AM by HoundDaddyLee »

Offline jone

« Reply #1815 on: September 03, 2015, 11:40:11 AM »
It is difficult for Russians to understand that Americans do not think about them.

We were walking down the street in Peter yesterday and I commented to my woman that three out of four of the shirts worn with wording on them had English as the language and typically were about a city in the United States.

Okay, this is a funny aside.  We had a nice madam come on here about five months ago to hawk her 'wares'.  She gave us the address of her primary location.  Now, Peter is a big city.  And we are in a part of it that certainly is NOT Nevsky. 

Here's the funny part.  We're six blocks from her primary location.  I mentioned the story to my gal and we both had a great laugh.
Kissing girls is a goodness.  It beats the hell out of card games.  - Robert Heinlein

Offline fathertime

« Reply #1816 on: September 03, 2015, 11:46:47 AM »
It is difficult for Russians to understand that Americans do not think about them.

The average person here does not often think of Russians, but our governmental strategists probably do. The general public knows much more about important subjects like the Lardashions.

Fathertime!
I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline HoundDaddyLee

« Reply #1817 on: September 03, 2015, 11:47:27 AM »

We were walking down the street in Peter yesterday and I commented to my woman that three out of four of the shirts worn with wording on them had English as the language and typically were about a city in the United States.

Okay, this is a funny aside.  We had a nice madam come on here about five months ago to hawk her 'wares'.  She gave us the address of her primary location.  Now, Peter is a big city.  And we are in a part of it that certainly is NOT Nevsky. 

Here's the funny part.  We're six blocks from her primary location.  I mentioned the story to my gal and we both had a great laugh.

Jon,
You should stop by and say "Privet" to Inna.  :rolleyes:

HDL

Offline Boethius

« Reply #1818 on: September 03, 2015, 11:51:27 AM »

Jon,
You should stop by and say "Privet" to Inna.  :rolleyes:

HDL

Yes.  Didn't she offer a "special rate" for forum members?

Offline ML

« Reply #1819 on: September 03, 2015, 12:09:49 PM »

Yes.  Didn't she offer a "special rate" for forum members?

What would be the rate if you bring your own woman?

= = = = = =

Two unmarried senior citizens visited physician.

Said they wanted to have sex there and get dr opinion as to technique, etc.

Dr said, OK, go ahead.

Then Dr told them he saw nothing wrong and asked why they really  came to him.

They said hotel room would cost them $150; but by filing Medicare for both of them, the cost would be virtually nothing when they had sex in his office.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline cc3

« Reply #1820 on: September 03, 2015, 04:22:41 PM »
If I had a good English, I could tell you the truth. Sorry, you are wrong.You are mistaken.Now even say that it is not Russia won the Great Patriotic War.It's horrible.

I live in Ukraine. Where do you live? I follow the news on internet news sources from the entire world. Where do you get your news?

Offline jone

« Reply #1821 on: September 03, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »
What would be the rate if you bring your own woman?

I am happy to say that my woman does not need to get paid to take care of me.  And she is far more beautiful than any woman who could possibly be a working girl.  And that is no propaganda.

Online krimster2

« Reply #1822 on: September 03, 2015, 07:11:43 PM »
Larissa,
   Gosspidy!  You never heard of the Ribbentrop-Molotov Pact?  JUST ONE WEEK after signing it, Hitler invaded Poland. Indeed Stalin invaded Poland from from the East while Hitler invaded from the West.  Guess who stood up to Hitler and tried to stop him?  If you guessed England and France, you’d be right,  it would be another 21 months before the USSR stood up to Hitler, and only because the Nazis launched their own attack against the USSR, not because the USSR was in any way opposed to Nazi territorial ambitions, besides helping Hitler attack Poland, the USSR also provided raw materials to Nazi Germany’s war machine and even provided air bases in Belarus to the Nazis.  I guess they don’t teach these easily verifiable facts in NovoRussiya! 

No second front until 1944? Too bad my father’s not around any more, I’d tell him that his fighting the Nazis in North Africa in 1942 and in Sicily in 1943 doesn’t count, or his older brother who was shot down and killed over Germany in October 1942, no, that doesn’t count either, oh yeah and the hundreds of Americans who were killed by Nazi submarines delivering war materials to Murmansk in 1942-43, no that doesn’t count as well.  Hey, you know what, guess where the main electronics for USSR radar sets came from, da tovarisch Amerika! and I bet your Grandparents all knew what Spam was!

By the way Larissa, my father’s parents were born in Russia and immigrated to the USA because of the persecution they faced in Russia.  Do you know what a “Pogrom” is?  My Grandparents sure did, I guess they don’t teach you about it in NovoRussiya.  Other relatives of mine were executed in the great purge of 1937, part of the continuous ethnic cleansing in Starry Russiya, also probably not covered in NovoRussiya text books, even though many prominent Russians were also executed or sent to Gulags like General  Rokossovsky, do you even know what a Gulag is?  I’d be willing to make a bet that some of your ancestors had a suite in one of them!
So unless you’re being paid to be here, my advice to you is open your little glasskies and see the reality that the Novo Russiya is exactly the same as the Starry Russiya

Online krimster2

« Reply #1823 on: September 03, 2015, 07:53:27 PM »
a-a-and another thing Larissa, since Crimea has “returned” to Russia thanks to local “self-defense” forces who certainly weren’t Russian soldiers in disguise (or in Donbas),  you should check out the history of the mass graves of White Russians killed by Red Russians during the revolution,  do you know what a mass grave is?  It’s when a lot of bodies are dumped in a “dirko” in the ground and hopefully forgotten about, yup we’re talking about thousands of bodies here.  In the Crimea, Béla Kun, with Vladimir Lenin's approval had 50,000 White prisoners of war and civilians summarily executed via shooting or hanging after the defeat of general Pyotr Nikolayevich Wrangel at the end of 1920.  Let me guess, I bet they don’t include this detail in Novo Russiya iystoria books, now do they?  Do you happen to know why the death toll wasn’t even higher than this number.  Well, let me tell you.  The USS Whipple, a US Navy destroyer, anchored off of Sevastopol, escorted many thousands of White Russians into over-crowded steamers and helped tow them to Istanbul, and later helped deliver food aid throughout the Chorny Moira when a famine broke out.  So let’s see, Moscow’s killing tens of thousands of Russkies and Washington’s saving tens of thousands of Russkies, so tell me again who the bad people are?  BTW, the above facts are easily verifiable, Google really is your droog, are your glasskies opening a little bit yet? 

Offline calmissile

« Reply #1824 on: September 03, 2015, 09:37:40 PM »

Now that's funny!   ;D
Why in the hell do we have so many Russians living in the USA as well as still waiting in line to get visas to move here?  If your posts are a reflection of what you were taught about history, it doesn't speak well about the Russian education system.
Doug (Calmissile)

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541333
Total Topics: 20861
Most Online Today: 2843