It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Delta Airlines Travel Visa Information Page  (Read 33095 times)

Offline Admin

• Administrator
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: > 10
Delta Airlines Travel Visa Information Page
« on: April 15, 2006, 07:46:59 AM »
This page does not address immigration visas - only travel visas - but it is kep up-to-date and provides valuable information insofar as travel for RW to other countries.

http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/international_travel_information/visa_passport_information/index.jsp

- Dan

Offline wendaaaal

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2006, 07:35:45 AM »
Excellent link, Dan. Very useful if you're traveling to a third country with your RW/UW. When you fill out the form on the site, be sure to include all the countries you will be "transiting" (even if just changing planes). It can be a bit tricky, as some countries (such as USA) won't let a RU/UA passport holder even change planes without a visa. This could have major implications on the routing of her ticket, or what air carriers you can use. I work for a major airline, and the database  on this site (called "Timatic") is the one all the major carriers use. Airlines want to avoid being fined by foreign governments for boarding a passenger with the wrong documents, so they use this system for the most up-to-date accurate info.

Offline PeeWee

Re: Delta Airlines Travel Visa Information Page
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 09:27:01 PM »
Excellent link, Dan. Very useful if you're traveling to a third country with your RW/UW. When you fill out the form on the site, be sure to include all the countries you will be "transiting" (even if just changing planes). It can be a bit tricky, as some countries (such as USA) won't let a RU/UA passport holder even change planes without a visa. This could have major implications on the routing of her ticket, or what air carriers you can use. I work for a major airline, and the database  on this site (called "Timatic") is the one all the major carriers use. Airlines want to avoid being fined by foreign governments for boarding a passenger with the wrong documents, so they use this system for the most up-to-date accurate info.

It appears that Delta and Northwest, my former employer, us the same Timatic service. Odd that two years ago I flew a Russian citizen from Vlad-k to Hong Kong on a tourist visa. Now I plan to fly another RW from central Russia to meet me in Hong Kong but her travel agent told her that she would need to be a participant in a tour to get the tourist visa. I don't think the regs have changed but rather suspect that the agent is looking for a few extra ruples by trying to sell her a tour. I asked her to visit another travel agency to see if the story was the same. According the the NW visa site the Russian citizen is allowed to travel to Hong Kong on a tourist visa.

Peewee

Offline Simoni

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
I'm trying to fly Marina back from Ukraine, avoiding JFK.  She HATES the homeland security folk there--they have given her hard times every time---my guess is they just like to talk to her!!!

But most of the flights require a connection in London.  Any ideas or experince on what the current view of transit visas might me?  Is it possible?  Or should we avoid Frankfurt or London or Paris?

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 11:38:25 AM »
You think she hates JFK huh? Send her to Chicago's O'Hare instead! Most hateful, nasty group of individuals I have ever seen in my life work there! Not to mention that they can't get a flight in or out on time to save their lives (or anyone else's connections for that matter).

Elena said they were very nice and helpful to her in Frankfurt so that may be an option. I've only been through Heathrow twice (going to and coming back from Moscow) and it was pretty easy as far as transit goes.

Ken
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Simoni

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 11:45:54 AM »
Good. You are saying Germany allows transit visas for fsu girls.  Did the airline arrange it?  Or is it like the pre 9/11 days-- they lock you in a room behind security and then escourt you to your flight....?

Offline catzenmouse

• Victory Park - Omsk
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 11:50:18 AM »
It was Tuesday and was all part of the ticket booking. No visa needed.
"Marriage is that relation between man and woman in which the independence is equal, the dependence mutual, and the obligation reciprocal."
-- Louis K. Anspacher

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 11:56:40 AM »
I'm trying to fly Marina back from Ukraine, avoiding JFK.  She HATES the homeland security folk there--they have given her hard times every time---my guess is they just like to talk to her!!!

But most of the flights require a connection in London.  Any ideas or experince on what the current view of transit visas might me?  Is it possible?  Or should we avoid Frankfurt or London or Paris?

Returning to ???

A lot depends on the major carriers which service your final destination. Here in Denver, it is United - which means the United, Lufthansa partnership works well for us - and now that UA/LH have direct flights to/from Denver and Frankfurt or Munich, the options are pretty straight-forward.

If Delta - their primary European partner is now Air France (yuch!).

In Dallas, I think it is a major hub for American - which is aligned with (IIRC) BA.

In all these cases - Frankfurt/Munich or Paris or London, an overnight stay will be a PITA. Frankfurt does have an airport hotel which is considered behind security, so no visa requirement.

The best situation is usually with Swiss Airlines (Zurich) or Austrian (Vienna) - as the airports are small, and they both have overnight facilities still within the confines of security, so no visa requirement. You make those arrangements with the airline directly. Sadly, they are no longer in partnership with Delta - but they *may* have partnering agreements with United.

It is possible with any of those carriers to find arrangements which arrive at a different POE than JFK. My preference is for first-time foreign travelers to arrive into IAD (Dulles) which is almost always efficient and friendly (United) - or Cincinnati or Atlanta (Delta). I suggest avoiding JFK and ORD (Chicago) if at all possible.

- Dan

Offline Turboguy

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 04:32:39 PM »
Flying through Frankfort or Paris should be no problem.  If you are flying her through London be careful.   Particularly watch that she does not have to change from Heathrow to Gatwick.   The UK has cranked down on Russians since the ex KGB guy was poisoned.  The official wording on transit visas for Russians is that it is at the discretion of the customs officer.   We had originally booked VWRW's flight through London to Barbados and had to rebook through Frankfurt to Grenada. 

Offline Simoni

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 04:45:12 PM »
Returning to ???
In Dallas, I think it is a major hub for American - which is aligned with (IIRC) BA.

Yep, I was trying to get her into Dallas.  Was trying to use AA free tickets, but those are already taken for most of the summer.

But I did find Dallas to Zurach to Kiev going, and Kiev to Paris to Dallas coming back....for $1,400. for me; don't know that the cost for her to fly Kiev to Paris to Dallas coming back.  She flew back to Kiev on her round trip ticket from last year, so she is there with no booking back.

Thanks for the info, everyone!

~Simoni

Offline Admin

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 06:36:42 PM »
Yep, I was trying to get her into Dallas.  Was trying to use AA free tickets, but those are already taken for most of the summer.

But I did find Dallas to Zurach to Kiev going, and Kiev to Paris to Dallas coming back....for $1,400. for me; don't know that the cost for her to fly Kiev to Paris to Dallas coming back.  She flew back to Kiev on her round trip ticket from last year, so she is there with no booking back.

Thanks for the info, everyone!

~Simoni

De Gaulle airport sucks big time. It is poorly laid out and difficult to find one's way around - at least, in comparison to just about any other major airport I've been to. Last time I was there was about two years ago, and my plane was destined to Prague. Two weeks later, the terminal - and the gate where I was waiting - collapsed into a heap of rubble.

I am NOT a fan of the Paris airports - nor of Air France - but maybe it is just me.

- Dan

Offline mark2353

• Lake Tahoe, NV
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2008, 06:49:55 PM »
I used to fly to Germany all the time and my two main hub where Munich and Frankfurt. I like either of the two well laid out and fairly easy to figure out. Munich was good also. I do not know if tourist in transit can stay but they have a fantastic hotel right at the airport and not to $$$. I agree with the previous person the airport in Paris really sucks! we had to run the whole airport. To make our connections partially due to their paper shuffle of every tourist. very poor!! Stay away!
Oh! the said story is that there is a RW in France that I need to meet and I might have to go there!!
good luck! 

beachcomber556

« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2008, 10:19:42 AM »
Try Kiev - Vienna - Atlanta.  Atlanta's immigration folks treated Viktoriya with great courtesy and respect.  Something to be said for Southern Hospitality.  And the Vienna airport is very easy to navigate and has never given her any hassles either.

Offline onus

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2012, 03:34:21 PM »
I'll throw in my travel experiences. I flew delta out of detroit into amsterdam. I don't like schipol its very confusing, and people can smoke inside. Had no problem with people. They just stamped my passport and out i went. No security or nothing o_0

Detroit is very well organized and also people are helpful. Just don't sleep overnight in the airport it is COLD but we were given blankets and pillows. Connecting flight got messed up due to weather over Detroit.

Atlanta is great too. easy to get around after you get over the whole size thing. Customs asks way to many questions and i'm a citizen. But they are well staffed so things go quickly.

If you ever have any reason to visit Belgium the airport in Brussels isn't bad.

When i got to Russia I'm gonna take delta to Amsterdam, then from there via klm to St Petersburg.

Offline Brianbinny

• Spouse's Country: Belarus
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2019, 07:52:30 AM »
when I was in school we had a delta guy come for career day. At one point he pointed at me and said "anyone including you can learn and become a delta airline pilot" I have not flown with them since.

Offline ML

« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 11:54:54 AM »
when I was in school we had a delta guy come for career day. At one point he pointed at me and said "anyone including you can learn and become a delta airline pilot" I have not flown with them since.

When I was in US Navy boot-camp, I scored well on some exams and was ordered to appear for a meeting where we were told about possibility of of pilot training, even as we were enlisted guys.
At this meeting I didn't wear my glasses because they were broken.

Then we were ordered to a second meeting where I showed up wearing my glasses.

The head guy looked at me and said:  "Do you have wear glasses to see perfectly?"  I said: "Yes."
He said:  "Get the fock out of here!"

Don't know why they weren't aware of this from my official file.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541017
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2385
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 2264
Total: 2275

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:57:04 PM

Re: Plumber earnings by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 09:37:55 PM

Plumber earnings by ML
Yesterday at 07:49:26 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 07:23:34 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 06:28:48 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:48:07 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 04:37:18 PM

If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 04:17:08 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 02:48:08 PM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Yesterday at 01:09:03 PM