It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Assumptions We Make  (Read 42613 times)

Offline corncrowe

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #50 on: July 30, 2005, 03:46:19 PM »
[user=134]Photo Guy[/user] wrote:
Corncrowe jon,
For those who are really 'thick', my remarks about tantric sex, etc. were meant to be taken as tongue-in-cheek sarcasm.

Where is the Swinger's Club in Kyiv? Which agencies supply that kind of info? Which agencies promote 'free love'? (I'm joking) !!!!!!

Photoguy,

Okay, I forgive you.  I don't exploit women or care to know that this is a topic for some on this list.  I've done it, seen it, but am at a point in my life where I perfer to think women are not sex objects. 

Trust me, twenty-five years ago I was a different man. 

Doug, I don't doubt your sincerity.  But please avoid the mis-conceptions that sex == love!

Again, I wish you a successful journey.  It's difficult, but I know you will survive!!!

Jon

Offline corncrowe

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #51 on: July 30, 2005, 03:54:26 PM »
[user=280]Jim Nasium[/user] wrote:
Based on my experience, in general, I believe a younger aged RW (under 30) will be more mature than her American counterpart.

Of course their are always exceptions, but as a general rule this will hold true.
Jim,

No doubt!  But if you are in your mid-forties, why would you want some woman who is twenty years your junior? 

Look, I went to Kiev in May.  Was walking back to my apartment with an American friend of mine.  I made eye contact with a very attractive woman, about 25 or so.  I didn't know her age at the moment, but learned later.

We stopped and chatted for a few minutes.  I asked her to join me for tea.  So, we spent an hour together.  She wanted to know more about me.  But I had decided within the first ten minutes that we had no future together.  She was too young, even though she insisted it wasn't an issue.

I walked her to a cab, kiss her on the cheek "Ukrainian style" and said good night.

Young women are always available in the FSU.  I recently "today" had a 23 y.o. girl write me from my profile on mail.love.ru.  Now this is really stupid.  What would I possibly want with someone that young?  I sent her a brief reply, "hello", why do you want to write me?  She sent me a long letter and a photograph. 

Cute girl!!!  But that's it!

So dating younger FSU women is possible, but seriously, gentlemen is this really what you want?  Get a dream, buy a boat, but meet women closer to your own age and you will find a whole world of possibilities!!!

Cheers,

Jon
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 03:55:00 PM by corncrowe »

Offline PeeWee

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #52 on: July 30, 2005, 03:58:09 PM »
Quote from: corncrowe
4 of the 5 RW that I have communicated with speak fluent Englsh. The one that did not speak English was costimg so much money for the interpreter that I decided not to look for a RW that did not speak English. About two years ago the lady that I am currenty dating came to visit me for a one week stay. She brough her daughter, 11 years old, with her. I spend a full day with the daughter. At the end of the day, when I returned her to her mother, the girl  told her mother, "I can't believe that I spent the whole day and only spoke English!"  Communication between two people is a chore to begin with. I decided not to exasterbate the problem by not having a common language between us.

PeeWee
peewee,

Good decision.  I am writing an older woman from Moscow who speaks perfect English.  She is funny, attractive, and can write better prose than I...(sometimes).

What makes my previous, current, and future relationships interesting and more productive is our ability to "communicate" effectively.  Sure, I can use Prompt or another software to translate their mail, but when we need to speak on the phone I don't want a headache!

Thanks for the post!

Jon
[/quote]
I will be in Moscow in two weeks. You need me to do anything for you while I am there?  Speaking of communication. I think them having a computer and internet access is very important. I communicated with a lady in Vlad-k and met her twice. I bought her a computer, she got the internet connection. It helped alot to be able to email one another. The one that I am now traveling to visit in Moscow does not have a computer. That is until August 15th she will not have a lap top. I doubt that she will use it but I think her daughter will. Eventually the daughter may show mom how to do atleast email.

PeeWee

Offline Jim Nasium

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #53 on: July 30, 2005, 04:05:14 PM »
Jon,

You're right. But I was commenting only on my view of relative maturity levels betwen AW and RW, not about age difference between partners.

Offline Photo Guy

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #54 on: July 30, 2005, 04:11:03 PM »
Jack,
Good post. and let me clarify:

'Photoguy you wrote,...a woman who wants to marry a foreigner and move to another country has basically two motives: materialism and romance.

Photoguy, how about women who are looking for a better way of life. How about women who are looking for a better place to raise their children. How about women who are looking for a man who has a good and sincere heart and a man who will treat her good.'

By 'materialism', I meant better material conditions, including a nicer home, and better physical conditions, and a higher standard of living. These are material conditions. I did not just mean more possessions and a bigger bank account.  I agree with you Jack.
Women want love and security. They want to love and to be loved.
       ...with 'L', I feel so much adoration. And I do the same for her.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 04:11:00 PM by Photo Guy »

Offline jb

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #55 on: July 30, 2005, 04:11:31 PM »
Jack,

You really are a sick person, you need professional help.

Offline KenC

• Trips: No Selection
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #56 on: July 30, 2005, 04:15:35 PM »
My personal opinion is that language skills are much more important than age difference.  My wife spoke pretty good English before we met and just recently passed a tough English comp class that will enable her to start her classes at the local University in the Fall.  Damn, I would have had a hard time with her assignments and now she is correcting my English.

As for the matter of maturity; there is no doubt in my mind that RW are more mature than AW.  At the time of our meeting, my wife was at least as mature as the women I was dating here.  They were in their 30's and she was 21.  No matter how old your RW is, they are all somewhat childlike once they arrive.  It isn't a matter of maturity, just limitations due to a different culture and country.  They all have so much to learn once they arrive.

KenC
You are a den of vipers and thieves-Andrew Jackson on banks
Banking establishments are more dangerous than standing armies-Thomas Jefferson

Offline corncrowe

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #57 on: July 30, 2005, 04:29:50 PM »
Quote from: jb
Jack,

You really are a sick person, you need professional help.

jb,

I know you've never met Jack, so how do you this about his physical state of  mind?  I don't know you, but I've met Jack and others from another list.  I think your perceptions of "boy studs" is sick. 

Please, unless you know the medical condition or psychological conditions of other list member, don't comment.

Jack Bragg owns an agency, true.  He promotes his agency in several ways.  I don't always agree with his methods, but if I needed or wanted to know something about the FSU then guess who I will call?

No duh, it's not you jb!

Jon

Offline Photo Guy

• Trips: 1 - 3
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #58 on: July 30, 2005, 04:38:31 PM »
Jon,
I've been studying you, and, well, I think you may be 'bi-polar' or have multiple personalities, not that anything is 'wrong' with that. You describe yourself as Bruno's friend, saying that you would like to have whine and cheese with him, AND you also make fun of his choice of women.  ...So which is it?  I'm curious. There are a number of diagnoses being made today, for the good of the institution. :P

Offline corncrowe

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #59 on: July 30, 2005, 04:51:55 PM »
[user=134]Photo Guy[/user] wrote:
Jon,
I've been studying you, and, well, I think you may be 'bi-polar' or have multiple personalities, not that anything is 'wrong' with that. You describe yourself as Bruno's friend, saying that you would like to have whine and cheese with him, AND you also make fun of his choice of women. ...So which is it? I'm curious. There are a number of diagnoses being made today, for the good of the institution. :P

OMG!!!

Another puesdo-shrink!

Good for you Photoguy, I think you just passed the medical exam!

"you would like to have whine and cheese"

Thanks, but we already "whined" enough today.

Photo, please leave the arm chair diagnosis to health care professionals.  I am afraid that once you've become genetically enhance with neuro fibre the would is in danger. 

Bus drivers throughout the galaxy will resound your triumphs for a millenium.

Cheers,

Jon

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
  • A man paints with his brains and not with his hand
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2005, 04:52:29 PM »
This thread ranges from first class to low class.  Thanks for all those giving advice and tips. Maybe those who enjoying insults can post in off-white color fonts so we won't see it? :)
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline corncrowe

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2005, 04:53:59 PM »
Quote from: Michael
This thread ranges from first class to low class. Thanks for all those giving advice and tips. Maybe those who enjoying insults can post in off-white color fonts so we won't see it? :)

Michael,

I must ask.  Are you the list owner, moderator, or just god for today?

Thanks for you insightful hints on civility.  But please, do us a big favor and try to begin a bit early...

Jon

Offline KenC

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2005, 04:54:41 PM »
OK now.....

Offline Jack

• Commercial Member
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2005, 04:57:29 PM »
jb wrote,...   Jack,  You really are a sick person, you need professional help.

jb, maybe your right. May I ask who you use?

Offline Admin

• Administrator
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2005, 04:58:09 PM »
Quote from: KenC
OK now.....

I second that.

The topic has ranged from exceptional to offensive.

You guys need to try to keep it 'between the banks' this time.

- Dan

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2005, 05:00:19 PM »
This thread ranges from first class to low class. Thanks for all those giving advice and tips. Maybe those who enjoying insults can post in off-white color fonts so we won't see it? :)

Michael,

I must ask.  Are you the list owner, moderator, or just god for today?

Thanks for you insightful hints on civility.  But please, do us a big favor and try to begin a bit early...

Jon
[/quote]
None of the above, Jon...but thanks for asking in such a nice way :)  
The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.  michelangelo

Offline corncrowe

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2005, 05:01:36 PM »
Quote from: Dan
OK now.....

I second that.

The topic has ranged from exceptional to offensive.

You guys need to try to keep it 'between the banks' this time.

- Dan[/quote]
Shucks Dan, it was all clean fun.  Nobody got hurt in cyber space that I'm aware of?  I think the air needed some cleaning tonight.  Now it's over, hopefully and these fine gents can return to important issues.

Jon

Offline corncrowe

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2005, 05:03:25 PM »
Michael,

I must ask. Are you the list owner, moderator, or just god for today?

Thanks for you insightful hints on civility. But please, do us a big favor and try to begin a bit early...

Jon
[/quote]

None of the above, Jon...but thanks for asking in such a nice way :)

---

Michael,

You are so very welcome.  I hope my reply wasn't too offensive...

Have a nice nite!!!

Jon

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2005, 05:06:46 PM »
Ok, back to one of the topics for today...comparing FSU ages with US ages...my experience has been that in some ways FSU girls are more mature than US girls of the same age.  They are more serious at 25 and more goal oriented, etc.  BUT, they are not as experienced and compentent in living in the 21st century and the speed of current life.  But that is one of the things I like about them.

I also found that if a girl is under 24, forget it.  I wanted to believe differently, but the maturity is just not there until they have been out of university a few years and are starting to see that time is marching on for them...

Offline corncrowe

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2005, 05:10:59 PM »
Ok, back to one of the topics for today...comparing FSU ages with US ages...my experience has been that in some ways FSU girls are more mature than US girls of the same age. They are more serious at 25 and more goal oriented, etc. BUT, they are not as experienced and compentent in living in the 21st century and the speed of current life. But that is one of the things I like about them.

I also found that if a girl is under 24, forget it. I wanted to believe differently, but the maturity is just not there until they have been out of university a few years and are starting to see that time is marching on for them...

Michael,

Good night!

Jon

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2005, 05:29:08 PM »
Ok, back to one of the topics for today...comparing FSU ages with US ages...my experience has been that in some ways FSU girls are more mature than US girls of the same age. They are more serious at 25 and more goal oriented, etc. BUT, they are not as experienced and compentent in living in the 21st century and the speed of current life. But that is one of the things I like about them.

I also found that if a girl is under 24, forget it. I wanted to believe differently, but the maturity is just not there until they have been out of university a few years and are starting to see that time is marching on for them...

Michael,

Good night!

Jon
[/quote]Thanks, Jon...Good night to you, too :)

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2005, 05:32:47 PM »

Michael,

I must ask.  Are you the list owner, moderator, or just god for today?

Thanks for you insightful hints on civility.  But please, do us a big favor and try to begin a bit early...

Jon
[/quote]
Uh... Michael...angelo?  :)  [/quote]

Offline KenC

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2005, 06:12:50 PM »
Michael & Jon,

You know I can always enjoy a good debate or even a good attack and counter attack, but you two guys are just silly.  You two f**k up a good thread and are a total waste of bandwith.  Go find some place else for your nonsense.

KenC

« Last Edit: July 30, 2005, 06:13:00 PM by KenC »

Offline Michelangelo

• Opted-Out
Assumptions We Make
« Reply #73 on: July 30, 2005, 06:25:21 PM »
Quote from: KenC
Michael & Jon,

You know I can always enjoy a good debate or even a good attack and counter attack, but you two guys are just silly.  You two f**k up a good thread and are a total waste of bandwith.  Go find some place else for your nonsense.

KenC

Nonsense?  Hardly, Ken.  I was wanting to stay on the topic of the thread, but the ugly attacks on Jack and Bruno upset me, so I said so! And as I did so, I called for us to stay on topic...nothing else.  Cheers to you...

Offline Journeyman

Assumptions We Make
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2005, 06:25:44 PM »
Perhaps I could offer a observation and comment given to me by a Russian woman regarding the maturity of Russian women in their 20s.  The RW from whom I received the observation is herself about 44, and married to an American man for several years.  She and I have had a number of extensive discussions over the years, and I think that she has given me some useful insights from time to time.  Here is what she said about the maturity of young Russian women.

She feels that the average RW of 20 to 25 is more mature in one respect -- regarding what she must do to manage and survive (possibly even thrive) in a difficult environment with limited resources, and under stressful conditions.  

However, regarding a kind of maturity that lends itself to successful relationships, her answer was "No."  She sees no generally elevated level of maturity in younger Russian women in this way.  Why?  Because, generally, a young woman needs adult relationship experience and a chance to learn therefrom (and hopefully the capacity to do so, of course) in order to develop the kind of insights, temperament, and relationship skills that are required for a successful relationship or marriage.  And that takes time and opportunity -- to even try but (probably) fail in relationships (and then, hopefully, learn).

So, her contention is that it is quite unrealistic to view young Russian women as comprehensively more mature than young women in other societies.  In some ways yes; in some ways, no.  Maybe this will help to reshape the debate on this issue.  Her position will not fit every young woman, but it should, I think, cover the majority of instances.

Personally, having dated 20 to 35 year-old RW over the years, I would say her observations were correct.  I cannot recall meeting any RW under 25 who, regarding relationships, had the good judgment, emotional stability, and the range of relationship skills that would match her other abilities to function well in life otherwise (apart from relationships).  A few under 25 were very pleasant company (and even quite intelligent in other ways) but still not especially well prepared to endure the rigors of marriage (especially with a foreign man in a foreign land).  Of course, there is always an exception here or there, though I would not count on finding it.

Journeyman

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541375
Total Topics: 20862
Most Online Today: 1400