It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: ML and Ukrainian Women.  (Read 264248 times)

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« on: June 20, 2010, 05:56:00 PM »
I recently returned from a 4 week visit to Kharkiv, Ukraine.  

While there, I met with 12 women (all in their 40s) for first dates.  11 of the women I had contacted on monthly pay websites.  No marriage agencies were used.  The 12th woman I met quite by chance, as she happened to be my next door neighbor in the apartment building.  A very long and interesting story in itself.

Of the 12 first dates, I had second dates with 9 of them.  Then third dates with 6 women.  And 4 or more dates with 5 women.

Now back home, I am continuing to correspond with 4 of the women, including the next door neighbor.  I will be meeting with all 4 of them (as things stand now) on future trips.

About Kharkiv:

Be prepared for the airport.  It is called 'International' but probably the only such in the world without a toilet in the main lobby area.  So as you exit the plane and stand in the passport control area, look to the left and notice the single toilet there.  USE IT.  For once you go through passport control, get your luggage and go into the main lobby . . . there will be no toilet.  Not fun if your taxi is waiting for you and your helper insists you must get in and go to your apartment right now.

There are two very large parks in Kharkiv.  Shevchenko Park and Gorky Park.  Shevchenko is next to Freedom Square in the very center of town on Sumskya street.  Gorky is also on Sumskya street about a mile and a half to the northeast from city center.

Both parks are interesting, if a bit shabby looking.  As I was told, in Soviet times (since everyone had a job), the parks were well maintained.  Now they are not.
Shevchenko has a Zoo, Dolphin arena, water falls on the far southwest end, some fountains, Cinema, an adjacent Opera House and several fairly large restaurants along with several outlets selling fast foods, drinks, etc.

Gorky has a main center paved road with many fast food restaurants and game type  amusements along the side.  A nice water fountain and outdoor performance stage is at the end of that main road.  A circus or carnival type setup is further on to the left and right of that main road.

Gorky also has a ski lift type of contraption that takes you on a ride across a valley to a hill on the far side.  A fairly interesting ride, even if you don't really go very high or see much.  It is at the far northeast corner of the park.  A large restaurant and cinema are also in that part of the park.

I had an apartment near Pushkin Metro station, and I can highly recommend that area of town.  There are many, many good restaurants there.  Kharkiv is known as the city of students, and there are several universities near Pushkin Metro including the Law School.  Word has it the law students come from families of above average earnings, so those students apparently can afford to eat out often.  Hence the plethora of good restaurants in that area.

I actually like Kharkiv quite a bit.  Mainly because I had very good experience in meeting several high quality women.  But also, I liked that it was very easy to navigate around the town.  Like many FSU cities, it is fairly compact relative to USA cities of similar population size (about 1.5 million).  There are three metro lines.

A downside to Kharkiv is that the sidewalks are terribly dirty (except for the very center around Freedom Square.)  A short walk, and your nicely brushed shoes will look like you have walked through a cornfield after a harvest.

Also, there is relatively little to do there of a cultural nature (I am comparing it to Kyiv).  I do not go out to nightclubs, so can't comment on that.  Our Norwegian poster is an expert on the nightclubs and likes one there (can't remember the name).

Also, be aware that the residents will proudly (but falsely) proclaim that their square is the largest in Europe.  They don't like it when you tell them it is only the 5th largest in Europe (Google it).
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 05:26:12 AM by ManLooking »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline Daveman

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 07:50:05 PM »
Ah, you just took me down memory lane there talking about the parks. I spent many days walking and hanging out in both of those.  If you are standing near the obligatory statue of Lenin there in the square and look in the opposite direction of the big gov't building, you'll see a radio station.  My flat was just behind the station (spent just under 3 months living there).  Love that city.
The duty of a true patriot is to protect his country from its government. -- Thomas Paine

Offline GregfromGa

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 08:37:27 PM »
I was supposed to meet my now wife at the statue of Lenin in that square but we missed each others email by a couple of hours and she never got my message so I had to wait another month. I like Kharkiv ok but would rather spend my time in Lviv. The first girl I went to see was from Kharkiv as well. I've walked all over that place. We married in Kharkov. My first apartment overlooked Rosa Luxumberg Square. The second had a nice view of some big clock and the third was near the Zags office near Lenin.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 09:05:45 PM »
As I was told, in Soviet times (since everyone had a job), the parks were well maintained.  Now they are not.

Same in Kyiv.  Women would be cleaning the streets with willow brooms at 6 am.  However, what you likely were not told was that all those women were either from villages, had moved to the cities, and took those jobs because that was the only way they could get on a list to obtain, eventually, an apartment in the city, or they had been in jail (usually on some trumped up charge), and those were the only jobs they could find.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2010, 06:01:24 AM »

Both parks are interesting, if a bit shabby looking.  As I was told, in Soviet times (since everyone had a job), the parks were well maintained.  Now they are not.

I was there 4 years ago, and thought it okay.  I have noticed all over the FSU that a high percentage of the population are litterbugs.  One day we were behind a police car, and the occupants threw trash out the window.

With the compression of municipal budgets in America, our parks will soon be the same.

A downside to Kharkiv is that the sidewalks are terribly dirty (except for the very center around Freedom Square.)  A short walk, and your nicely brushed shoes will look like you have walked through a cornfield after a harvest.

Isn't this true for almost all of the FSU.  Hence, the Russian custom of removing one's shoes at the entrance to one's flat.

Also, there is relatively little to do there of a cultural nature (I am comparing it to Kyiv).

Both in Kharkiv and Dnepropetrovsk, I found some classical music concerts.  There were other events in Russian language; however, my language barrier eliminated them.

Offline Gator

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2010, 06:06:40 AM »

The 12th woman I met quite by chance, as she happened to be my next door neighbor in the apartment building.  A very long and interesting story in itself.

And....do tell please.

Offline Gator

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2010, 06:35:16 AM »
I recently returned from a 4 week visit to Kharkiv, Ukraine.  

While there, I met with 12 women (all in their 40s) for first dates.  11 of the women I had contacted on monthly pay websites.  

Of the 12 first dates, I had second dates with 9 of them.  Then third dates with 6 women.  And 4 or more dates with 5 women.

Now back home, I am continuing to correspond with 4 of the women, including the next door neighbor.  I will be meeting with all 4 of them (as things stand now) on future trips.

ManLooking, I apologize in advance for what I am about to start in your thread. 

You and I share some key similarities.  I am a WMVM man and so are you.  As you did, I used monthly pay sites.  The same as you, I focused on women in their 40s.  Thrice I made  4-week WMVM trips.  Having the luxury of taking  4 weeks off suggests that either you are combining the trip with business (e. g., Pike) or you are retired or semi-retired (e. g., me).

You and differ in one regard.  After such a trip I was ready to focus on one woman.  I. e., my next trip was a WOVO.  Instead you are embarking on another WMVM, albeit the "many" is smaller in number.

One reason for writing a trip report is to prompt some  opinions from experienced readers, particularly regarding your next step.  I know that discussions with other RWD members helped me to focus.

So here comes the loaded questions:  What compelled you to eliminate 8 of the 12?  Why are you not in a position to choose only one?  Is marriage a goal?  What do you tell each of the four about your plans?

Please note that I am not saying you are wrong.  Each man is different.  I just hope that the WOVO crowd will restrain themselves and attempt to discuss rather than criticize in a kneejerk manner.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2010, 09:28:41 AM »
And....do tell please.

First, I should note that I will try to answer nonjudgmental questions.

Sarcastic, judgemental and silly questions I will either not answer or give an equally silly answer.

- - - -

I was leaving my apt one day about a week into my trip and saw the woman next door coming out her apt door.  I said to her "Good morning how are you?"  She fumbled around for an answer and then said in good English, "I am fine, how are you?"

I said "I am fine also."  Then I continued on down the stairs with her following me.  As I got to the bottom of the stairs she said  "Scuse!"

I stopped and she asked where I was from.  We exchanged names and had a short conversation.  She said she wanted to talk some more, but must hurry on to work at this point.

When I returned in mid-evening, there was a note on my door with her name and phone number.  I sent her SMS and told her I was back in apt and could talk with her any time.  In few minutes she sent reply saying she was at a meeting and would not be home until late.  I replied that I  would be up until around 11 PM.

At 10:00 PM I got a phone call from her.  She said, "Please open your door."
I did and she explained she needed to look in on her cat and then she would be over to see me.

She arrived carrying  two large parfait type glasses filled with vanilla ice cream and  covered with chocolate syrup.

We had  a long, nice talk.  She apologized several times for  her English.  It wasn't too bad but she had to think a lot for several words.  She said she had  once been pretty good at it but hadn't had chance to practice for 15 years or so.  At one point she said something about her husband, so I assumed it was a lost cause re romantic possibility.  Too bad as she was quite good looking and fit right into my age bracket.  She had late teenage son living in apt.  I never saw him or husband.

We met several times in similar manner.  She would call me on phone when she saw my kitchen light come on.  Once I asked her about farmer locations to buy vegetables.  She said, "There aren't such locations in this area, but I will take you tonight around 9:30PM to show you several small grocery stores in this area after I do some homework."  Rather a late hour to start such a trip, but OK with me.

So we started out.  At one point, when I stumbled on the uneven sidewalk she grabbed my hand to 'help steady me.'  But she did not release my hand . . . and we continued to walk for an hour or more hand in hand visiting 6-7 small shops.  Even when we approached our apt building again, she kept a firm hold on my hand.  I thought  'what is going on here . . . Isn't she worried that her husband or son or neighbors will see?'

Now it is almost 11 PM, but she wants to bring ice cream into my apt again.  And so she does.  I am still perplexed about husband.  During this  conversation, I asked her if she had any girlfriends that might be a good match for me.  She looked hurt and said:  "What is wrong with me?"  I said, "Well I assumed your husband  may  not approve."  She said, "I have been divorced for 5 years."

I told her about her using the words 'my husband.'  She asked how she was supposed to call him.  I told her of the 'ex' prefix.  She said, "Oh yes, I remember about the 'ex' part now."

And thus, I had a 12th woman to date (more seriously now, as actually we had already had several dates that I didn't really understand as dates, even though they were in her mind !!).

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:48:34 AM by ManLooking »
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »
What compelled you to eliminate 8 of the 12? 

Any of a thousand and one reasons.  The standard things.  Should be no mystery there.

Offline Gator

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2010, 09:43:55 AM »
ManLooking,

Good story about your neighbor.  Thanks.

Sarcastic, judgemental and silly questions I will either not answer or give an equally silly answer.

Such questions (and comments) will come.  Best to ignore them as in no response.

Offline Gator

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2010, 09:50:28 AM »
Any of a thousand and one reasons.  The standard things.  Should be no mystery there.

Acceptable.  Been there, done that.  Just wondering if everything is perfectly clear in your mind about your next step.

Mars in his trip report gave some interesting, articulate reasons  for eliminating RW, reasons that I had never considered (or would admit to  ;) ).  BTW, his trip report (which was entertaining) got derailed in its infancy by the judgmental crowd.  Mars promptly exited.  I don't blame him.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2010, 10:03:48 AM »
Just wondering if everything is perfectly clear in your mind about your next step.

If anyone were to think anything was 'perfectly clear' about their own romantic pursuits, then they would be very foolish indeed.

But my next steps are to continue to correspond and talk regularly to the 4 women.  We have agreed about wanting another meeting of longer consecutive days together in the fall, but not in detail as to when, where, etc.  When we get into that stage, things will start to clear up with respect to who can be absent from work at what time period, for how long, etc.  Then I can try to put together a trip schedule for myself.

Offline BillyB

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2010, 04:07:14 PM »

When I returned in mid-evening, there was a note on my door with her name and phone number.

We met several times in similar manner.  She would call me on phone when she saw my kitchen light come on.  Once I asked her about farmer locations to buy vegetables.  She said, "There aren't such locations in this area, but I will take you tonight around 9:30PM to show you several small grocery stores in this area after I do some homework."  Rather a late hour to start such a trip, but OK with me.

She's either got the hots for you or she has the hots for most men who rent that apartment. Maybe it was coincidence she left her apartment the same time you did when you first met or maybe she watched the lights turn off or listened for your door to open to make her move to see you in the hall. This seems too perfect so you have the difficult task to learn if her interest in you is genuine or not.

She looked hurt and said:  "What is wrong with me?" 

RW need a man's approval. If he is not making some gestures indicating she's beautiful and he's happy to be with her, she will feel rejected. You probably held back from making any serious moves with her since you thought she had a husband. Asking her if she had any friends gave her the impression you have made your decision about her.

I'll be one reading rest of the story. Good reading so far and it'll be interesting to see how you pull it off. If you ever go back for the apartment lady next door and visit other RW at the same time, I would suggest getting a different apartment so it would be easier to make your decision on one.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GregfromGa

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2010, 04:30:20 PM »
Good story Manlooking.  The lady next door sounds like she might be right in your wheelhouse and she's already into you like BillyB said. He also said you will not want to be back in that apartment if your plans is to follow up with the other 3 lovely ladies. That's pure RWD gold right here my friend. Find yourself another place to lay your head on your return back over. Now this is a good story. I just dont understand why more guys will not seek out and put themselves into a situation to meet other women other than just these agency types while there. Now dont do anything crazy like tell any of them that you are going to see the other 3 and will make your decision according to how well they play their cards. Save the neighbors phone number and picture for BillyB just in case. I have absolutely no doubt that Billy would have no problems with renting said apartment if he was in the neighborhood.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2010, 04:30:08 PM »
She's either got the hots for you or she has the hots for most men who rent that apartment.
Maybe it was coincidence she left her apartment the same time you did when you first met or maybe she watched the lights turn off or listened for your door to open to make her move to see you in the hall. This seems too perfect so you have the difficult task to learn if her interest in you is genuine or not.

RW need a man's approval. If he is not making some gestures indicating she's beautiful and he's happy to be with her, she will feel rejected. You probably held back from making any serious moves with her since you thought she had a husband. Asking her if she had any friends gave her the impression you have made your decision about her.

I'll be one reading rest of the story. Good reading so far and it'll be interesting to see how you pull it off. If you ever go back for the apartment lady next door and visit other RW at the same time, I would suggest getting a different apartment so it would be easier to make your decision on one.

Why should I care if it were a coincidence or planned?
Anyway, I am quite sure it was unplanned because she was clearly startled when I first spoke to her in English.
And, if she had met with other guys who stayed in the apt before me, I think her English would have been more polished by the time I arrived on the scene.  Further, I don't care if she did meet with X other men, whether foreign or local.  The past is irrelevant, and all is fair in present time; until an engagement is formalized.

I don't understand how my problem of determining 'if her interest in you is genuine or not' is any different from determining the same with respect to any other woman anywhere in the world regardless of how we first met.  Could you please explain why you think it is a unique problem in her case?

Yes, of course I held back when I thought she was married.

She did know about the other women I was seeing at the same time.  We even discussed them.

But, if I return to Kharkiv and meet with women other than her on a particular trip, still probably a good idea to get apt in another location that is not 'next door' to her.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 05:13:10 PM by ManLooking »

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2010, 04:51:14 PM »
I just don't understand why more guys will not seek out and put themselves into a situation to meet other women other than just these agency types while there. Now don't do anything crazy like tell any of them that you are going to see the other 3 and will make your decision according to how well they play their cards.

I am not sure if we can categorize the women as 'agency types' versus 'other types.'
I know for fact (as I was told by the women themselves) that they 'place' themselves in many media.  So a woman will place herself in a monthly pay match site, in a marriage agency catalog and website, she will answer newspaper ads, she will flirt with men on the metro, at grocery stores, in elevators, etc.  

I think men are fooling themselves if they choose to search for gals in X place or X media because they think those women are different from those in Y place or Y media.

Futher, all of the women I met knew I was meeting with other women.  Did I specifically tell them?  No I did not.  But, in emails before we met, I told in very strong language that I would under no circumstances discuss other women past, present or future, and I would not ask questions about other men past, present or future.

In coy terms, many of the women made slight reference to 'other women.'  I ignored such comments, and none of the women pressed the issue.  But they knew; just because they were not stupid.

And, I am not so stupid as to slap the women in the face by telling them I will choose based on 'how they play their cards.'  Again, I don't have to tell them, because as intelligent women; they already know this.

But remember my target age group.  My words/actions (saying I would not discuss any other women, past, present or future) and the response it got (or lack of response) might be quite different if a younger set of women were involved.  Women 'generally' get a little more realistic about what they can expect or demand in the way of competition as they mature.

Note:  My rule about not discussing other women did not apply to the next door gal.  That's because (1) I had not corresponded with her before we met to tell  her the rule, and (2) I did not view her as a romantic prospect because I thought she was married from the first.  Her reactions and words were quite interesting; after we started dating for real.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 04:55:17 PM by ManLooking »

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #16 on: June 22, 2010, 05:05:13 PM »
Mars in his trip report gave some interesting, articulate reasons  for eliminating RW, reasons that I had never considered (or would admit to  ;) ). 

As I recall, he mentioned two strike outs.  One apparently eliminated him, and another he eliminated based on lack of English.

So what were the 'interesting' reasons you read about that you had never considered or would admit to?

Offline BillyB

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2010, 06:28:00 PM »
Why should I care if it were a coincidence or planned?
Anyway, I am quite sure it was unplanned because she was clearly startled when I first spoke to her in English.

I don't understand how my problem of determining 'if her interest in you is genuine or not' is any different from determining the same with respect to any other woman anywhere in the world regardless of how we first met.  Could you please explain why you think it is a unique problem in her case?

I think the RW isn't dumb and she knows the apartment you're staying in is rented out to foreign men. She is making aggressive moves to know you and you even said she makes her move to call when the lights in your apartment are turned on. Most RW do not call men. It's the man's job to call them.

You need to question her motives just as you should question every woman's motives who want to enter into your life. Maybe the neighbor thinks you're a hunk of a man and you're the first foreign man she decided to pursue in this manner. Maybe you're the average joe and just one of the many foreign men she has pursued in an aggressive manner. Have you ever heard of GCG(green card girl)? They don't always marry for love and if you're looking for love, they should be avoided.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2010, 06:53:10 PM »
Billy, I understand everything you wrote.  But I still don't see where you addressed my question: "Could you please explain why you think it is a unique problem in her case?"

Further, I disagree that RW do not call men.  Almost everyone of the 12 women I dated called or texted me first, in some instances.  I am not talking about our first contact; but rather follow up contacts to ask about how I was, next meetings, etc.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 06:56:56 PM by ManLooking »

Offline BillyB

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2010, 07:19:09 PM »
"Could you please explain why you think it is a unique problem in her case?"

It is unique because I doubt other RW are monitoring your every move entering and leaving the apartment and trying to be with you all the time wherever you may need to go around town. It's a little early for her to be calling you "Mine". Maybe it's not a problem, maybe it is. I don't want to derail your thread talking about this one issue but this RW is different than the others, isn't she?

Further, I disagree that RW do not call men.  Almost everyone of the 12 women I dated called or texted me first, in some instances.  I am not talking about our first contact; but rather follow up contacts to ask about how I was, next meetings, etc.

I did not say ALL RW do not call men. It is still a man's job to call RW. You being there on limited time may persuade some of them to call/text you for a follow up meeting if they really liked you and/or don't want to lose you. Keep in mind, getting a text is not getting a call. Conversations/Calls that cost money are supposed to be initiated by men.

Offline I/O

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2010, 02:54:46 AM »
Billy, based on your experience, what you say may be true. Based on my experience, it is rubbish, which only demonstrates, situations differ.

Manlooking: You low down, double timing, immoral ........................................ ;D Seriously, you're a VM man and are doing it, or at least describing it, with dignity and style. I've done both and at heart am a through and through VO man, BUT................no objection to the other thing if done with respect, dignity and style. Your report is refreshing. All the best with whatever you end up doing or not doing with your short list.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2010, 08:50:53 AM »
I've done both and at heart am a through and through VO man,

I shudder to think what could have happened if I were a VO man.
I met with 12 women.  8 did not pan out.

So on VO trips, I could have made 8 trips spread over 8 years to meet with those 8 and have nothing to show for it, of a continuing nature.  A lot of wasted time and money.

Despite many emails and phone calls to the women - - - before the first face to face meetings, nothing gave me a clue that those 8 were not going to be viable.

Offline BillyB

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #22 on: June 23, 2010, 09:09:17 AM »

The other 8 may not be bad women but just not compatible with you or they feel you're not compatible with them. A guy or gal has to date numerous people to find one they can live their life with. People who do VM tend to get labeled a playboy. Being a VO and giving one woman all your attention will score some points but most of the time, she will not marry the man in front of her and the guy will have to start all over.

Quote from: I/O
Billy, based on your experience, what you say may be true. Based on my experience, it is rubbish, which only demonstrates, situations differ.

I assume you're talking about who makes the first phone call? RW have to prepay to use their phones. A man should understand this and be a man and not let the lady pay. It doesn't matter your experience or mine. It's about being a gentleman. Sometimes a RW would call me letting the phone ring once and hang up. That is my signal to call her. Text messaging is a different story from phone calls and they can initiate it first anytime.

Online Faux Pas

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #23 on: June 23, 2010, 09:14:19 AM »

I shudder to think what could have happened if I were a VO man.

So on VO trips, I could have made 8 trips spread over 8 years to meet with those 8 and have nothing to show for it, of a continuing nature.  A lot of wasted time and money.

Despite many emails and phone calls to the women - - - before the first face to face meetings, nothing gave me a clue that those 8 were not going to be viable.

I, like I/O am also a VO. I see nothing wrong with the WM concept and fault no one for taking that path. Many men as well as women are impossible to read or open up to anyone via, email, phone calls or Skype. These people require eyeball to eyeball for an understanding of even the basic person. Nothing wrong with that.

However, we are not all like that. There is an inordinate amount of information to be mined from every lady you communicate with if you have the patience to do so. Many are simply not up for that task and go about their WMVM ways. The risk with WOVO is much greater that the one woman and the one man will not connect but, with greater risks generally come greater reward. WOVO doesn't work for you and I understand that the same way WMVM doesn't work for me.

Excellent TR by the way. Please continue. I think you have moved the high water mark on a dignified WMVM trip report upwards.

Offline ML

ML and Ukrainian Women.
« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2010, 10:08:37 AM »
Of the 8 that did not pan out, 2 of them were ranked number 1 and 2 by me pre-meeting.  I was almost certain that one or both would be keepers.  But I was dead wrong.

And I had another near disaster also if I were a WOVO man.  She was not even one of the 12 that I met.

She looked and seemed very promising for several weeks of correspondence.  

After several weeks of correspondence, she drops on me the idea that she doesn't want to compete for me, so she will only meet with me if I am not planning to see other women.  I ignore those words of hers and continue to correspond.

Then within a week of my arrival in Kharkiv, she informed me that she did not even live in Kharkiv, even though that was what she had listed in her profile.  Thus she says she can only meet with me on weekends.  I am supposed to find something else to do during the weekdays - - - and it can't include meeting other women!!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2010, 10:15:56 AM by ManLooking »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540997
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1969
Total: 1978

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:36:52 PM

Re: Twenty Years... and Counting (MarkInTx Update) by supranatural
Yesterday at 03:02:29 PM