It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?  (Read 34546 times)

Offline BdHvA

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: No Selection
Anyone else here thinking of/dreaming of living in the FSU?
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2018, 10:06:48 AM »
Trench what you have failed to realise is the benefit of f s u women once in a relationship they are faithful .  Only one of my friends has lost a wife and he was 52 and married an 18 maldoven.

Besides your single antidotal now ex-couple, what statistics do you base this statement on?
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Offline Jamesukjames

• Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #51 on: December 30, 2018, 10:19:46 AM »
I have a Latvian male friend who speaks Russian married to a Belarusian who got me into this fsu dating I dated 2 of his friends 2 of hers.  I'm now dating a Ukranian who in cyprus gets hit on by guys all the time.  The Belarusian while with me and being hit on by English guys stayed faithful English women would have been flirting back like mad.   Another English friend who has 2 sons in ukraine but his wife fails the English speaking test.  Another friend went to makeover and married an 18 year old and marriage lasted a few years.  I have a few Latvian male friends married to belarus and Russian girls and all are so much better behaved and loving than English women.  Ok not statically presentable.  So bdhva what are your statistics to prove Russian speaking women  are worse behaved than English

Offline ML

• Trips: > 10
« Reply #52 on: December 30, 2018, 10:40:39 AM »
. . . the benefit of f s u women once in a relationship they are faithful . 

This is nonsense.
Even BOE has told here it is not true.

I think there is probably zero difference between FSUW and WW in this regard.

On the other hand, I would say that WM are more faithful than FSUM . . . not because WM are morally better, but simply because FSUM have much better opportunities.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #53 on: December 30, 2018, 11:57:51 AM »
I have a Latvian male friend who speaks Russian married to a Belarusian who got me into this fsu dating I dated 2 of his friends 2 of hers.  I'm now dating a Ukranian who in cyprus gets hit on by guys all the time.  The Belarusian while with me and being hit on by English guys stayed faithful English women would have been flirting back like mad.   Another English friend who has 2 sons in ukraine but his wife fails the English speaking test.  Another friend went to makeover and married an 18 year old and marriage lasted a few years.  I have a few Latvian male friends married to belarus and Russian girls and all are so much better behaved and loving than English women.  Ok not statically presentable.  So bdhva what are your statistics to prove Russian speaking women  are worse behaved than English

James, you may have viewed a lot of relationships that were successful. Other men come here and notice most the relationships around them have failed. There are good and bad men and women in every culture. Surround yourself with good people and discard the people that give you trouble.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #54 on: December 30, 2018, 12:33:13 PM »
Trench what you have failed to realise is the benefit of f s u women once in a relationship they are faithful .

Most women of all cultures are faithful.  But, let me tell you the stories of some of the UW I know have cheated on their husbands.  This is based on times living in Ukraine, when morality was stronger, and now, based on being there in October.

One woman, a 22 year old, would bring her forty something boss home during the day, when her husband was at work, and have sex with him in the couple's marriage bed.  She didn't do this because she was enamored with him - she wanted to advance her career.  How did I find out about it?  A friend used to fix the lighting in the district, and saw her doing the deed while the friend was 10 m in the air, fixing a street lamp above her open bedroom window.

One of the better half's married coworkers was having an affair with a woman in the office, the wife of an army officer.  The better half once walked in on them having sex, as they failed to secure the door.  A lot of workers there were from villages, and their sense of morality is a bit different.  They told the man to stop, or he would face, for lack of a better word, karma.  He didn't, and about a month after that, was in a bad motor vehicle accident.

One of the better half's friends married a woman who routinely slept with his acquaintances.  The better half always found her repulsive, from the day he met her.  Nevertheless, when he went to call on the friend once, she answered the door, and offered to sleep with him if he would give her a piece of unique clothing he was wearing.  He was disgusted not only by the offer, but because he disliked her so much, and told her so to her face.  Eventually, the wife got what she wanted from her husband (a propiska to live in Kyiv) and dumped him.  She ended up an alcoholic, screwing men for a bottle of cheap wine.

While we were in Kyiv recently, a scandal developed in the apartment block.  One building over, a man found out his wife was sleeping with his father.  They didn't have children yet, so he was dumping her.

SIL was telling me about her friend's son, whose wife had bled him dry financially, all while sleeping with his classmate. 

Cousin in Western Ukraine told me of an acquaintance's daughter, who was "dating" foreigners while her husband was abroad working.

I can think of six former posters, five here, one from a now defunct forum, who divorced because their FSU wives were cheating on them.  In all but two cases, the FSUW left her husband for her lover.

I could go on, I have hundreds of these stories (men, too).  FSUW are no more nor less faithful than their Western counterparts.  I could give you just as many examples of WW who have never cheated on their husbands, and anecdotally, that would "prove" WW are faithful as much as  your anecdotes about FSUW do. 

This post was composed without the aid of google.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2018, 12:51:27 PM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #55 on: December 30, 2018, 12:33:31 PM »
Billy I think because the guys use the wrong way to find women.  Pay to play sites rather than just getting in country.  Today I've been shopping many shop assistants approached me most disappeared with my lack of Russian.  Had a great laugh with a stunner with poor communication.  Had a real chat in English with a very pretty girl.  All because I wanted a walk in the snow and get out of the apartment.  No agendas it just happens.  Came home with a kitchen knife clothes airer and a loo brush.  Buying the loo brush was the best chat.

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #56 on: December 30, 2018, 12:37:46 PM »
Wow boethius almost matching stories from the UK so I take your point it happens everywhere

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #57 on: December 30, 2018, 12:44:35 PM »
Wow boethius almost matching stories from the UK so I take your point it happens everywhere
Faithfulness or faithlessness are not bound by national boundaries.
Human nature, being as fickle as it is, will see the same stories being told across cultures and lines on a map.

Offline DaveNY

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #58 on: December 30, 2018, 03:23:14 PM »

IF you are so 'worried about Russia' - be aware that President Lukashouldgo  runs a police state and people get filmed and locked up for opposing his rule... 

He's going to buck heads with Russia one day .. and probably lose ...as the Kremlin want  BY 'back in the fold' .. he has plans for a dynasty and putting his son on the throne ;)

When I was living in Moscow the joke about Belarus was that Putin would announce a trade deal or military exercise with Belarus in the Russian press then, after the announcement had been made public by the Russian media, Putin's office would contact Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko and tell him what was happening.

It's true that Lukashenko speaks out about problems with Putin, as in the article below, but the idea that Lukashenko has equal input into Russian-Belarusian relations is wrong. Unless relations have changed greatly in the last couple of years any major decisions between the two countries are made in the Kremlin and that's not likely to change.

As for armed resistance by Belarus against a military incursion by Russia? Lukashenko may order his military to fight but it's unlikely the Belarusian military would put up much of a fight. It's likely much of the Belarusian military would defect to Russia, probably even more likely than the Ukrainian military defecting to Russia.   

http://www.express.co.uk/news/world/1065149/russia-news-vladimir-putin-moscow-kremlin-belarus-union-state

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #59 on: December 30, 2018, 03:44:19 PM »
Faithfulness or faithlessness are not bound by national boundaries.
Human nature, being as fickle as it is, will see the same stories being told across cultures and lines on a map.

True, I think what James was getting at though is something else which often gets misinterpreted as FSW are more faithful. I was messaging with a Russian lady member on here a while ago and she told me that most FSW tend to be focused on family, having family, cooking, etc as their prespective on life. It's the way they've been brought up. So their outlook in the first instance tends to be better. So unless the girl is particularly insincere worrying about a girl doing the dirty on you from the moment she steps foot in the UK, US, etc is probably not the first thing on her mind in most instances. How it develops after that then yes all sorts of stuff can happen depending on the girl.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #60 on: December 30, 2018, 10:10:40 PM »

Moby will probably say you shouldn't encourage him. I kind of like the idea.

:cheesy:

Moby knows no 'career girl' would be remotely interested in Trench, either ..

Until he undergoes a personality change, he's always going to be wasting his money

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #61 on: December 31, 2018, 07:24:04 AM »
Trench 500 month will pay for your food and some travel .  No rent.  It's not possible.

Offline Maxx2

« Reply #62 on: December 31, 2018, 08:01:43 AM »
Trench 500 month will pay for your food and some travel .  No rent.  It's not possible.

Take it from someone who lives in the FSU. 500 English Pounds a month will pay for your rent (In Georgia), utilities and a 'eat at home' non-fancy food budget. Any money to have fun with (Entertain women) will have to come from some other source of income. Teaching English is not the potential source of income that it once was. 

Offline BC

« Reply #63 on: December 31, 2018, 09:12:50 AM »
Trench's logic is totally faulty.

Instead of just dating women, like most folks do to find an interesting person to spend time with, get used to each other and build a trusting relationship he doesn't want to date but instead meet women (preferably lined up around the block) with a sign around his neck stating "follow my rules and you can marry me if I think you're good enuf"

Some here, including myself went 'in' quite blind and quick on the trigger.  Maybe we had a bit of luck or found ways to overcome the huge hurdles involved.  After 16 years I can state it took a huge amount of both.  The biggest advantages I had were that I wasn't even looking for a wife as we met by chance, along with enough play dough and all the time I needed to support the venture without going in debt.

Those pursuing with more 'arranged' circumstances (deals) will likely face much more adversity and inherent risk.  Those that have 'made it' are likely overrepresented here among the old-timers.  Many more of us failed or gave up trying.  Given the odds I would have never attempted this MOB route, likely settling down with a woman from EU, maybe even US.

I'll say it again and again... if you're interested in FSUW, go and visit bringing along one of your interests or hobbies, music, art, sports, trains, architecture, history, cars or whatever and spend some time with like minded folks there.  If you're lucky you might meet an interesting woman to date (friends, friends of friends, etc).  Your overall chances though will be much greater than coming across as just another western 'wife seeker'.  Be yourself, date like you would at home and understand that traveling is expensive.  If you are applying for your first passport without any experience outside your country best to get your feet wet elsewhere before jumping in the deep end of the pool.

I'm writing this not for Trench's benefit - he's a hopeless cause, but instead for anyone that runs across this thread and is truly interested in doing some traveling and meeting nice folks, including women along the way.

Offline msmob

« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2018, 09:16:08 AM »
Thank you, BC

Well said

Offline Jamesukjames

« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »
I'm shopping locally.  Tower block bottom supermarkets.  10 to 15 pounds a day on food.  No other options within walking distance.  Ukraine.

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2018, 09:23:41 AM »

Take it from someone who lives in the FSU. 500 English Pounds a month will pay for your rent (In Georgia), utilities and a 'eat at home' non-fancy food budget. Any money to have fun with (Entertain women) will have to come from some other source of income. Teaching English is not the potential source of income that it once was.
Not in Ukraine, it won’t. Rent alone will eat up that £500.
Trench must live on jam sandwich’s and beans on toast if he thinks that £500 will stretch to a month of eating, renting + utilities and entertaining.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2018, 10:46:54 AM by John Gaunt »

Offline ML

« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2018, 10:41:37 AM »
Trench's logic is totally faulty.

I'll say it again and again... if you're interested in FSUW, go and visit bringing along one of your interests or hobbies, music, art, sports, trains, architecture, history, cars or whatever and spend some time with like minded folks there.  If you're lucky you might meet an interesting woman to date (friends, friends of friends, etc).  Your overall chances though will be much greater than coming across as just another western 'wife seeker'.  Be yourself, date like you would at home and understand that traveling is expensive. 

I'm writing this . . . for anyone that runs across this thread and is truly interested in doing some traveling and meeting nice folks, including women along the way.

BC, his logic may be faulty . . . but your logic and suggestions (while valid) cannot be undertaken by 90%+ of the guys here.

So not much help at all to 'newbies.'
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #68 on: December 31, 2018, 10:54:30 AM »
I'm shopping locally.  Tower block bottom supermarkets.  10 to 15 pounds a day on food.  No other options within walking distance.  Ukraine.

You're paying much more than £300 a month for food for just yourself while living in Ukraine? Where are you living and what are you eating? I could do better than that in Moscow. Granted I can speak and read Russian and know where to shop however after a few weeks in country and a little prep work you should know the best shopping areas. Is there no public transit in the area you live in?

Offline BC

« Reply #69 on: December 31, 2018, 11:31:21 AM »
BC, his logic may be faulty . . . but your logic and suggestions (while valid) cannot be undertaken by 90%+ of the guys here.

Little time, little money and grandiose expectations.

Therein lie most of the potholes.. and a path full of landmines.

Ain't much more I can add... Outahere!

Offline DaveNY

« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2018, 11:53:43 AM »

Not much help? Probably true for those who can only go for a week or two at a time. However over the years I've heard a number of men on sites such as RWD, RUA and others that have gone into the FSU for a month or two or more multiple times and still haven't accomplished anything.

If a man has months to spend in the FSU or the Philippines, China, etc and has done this several times he should be able to find success. If he hasn't been successful then perhaps the problem is him? Especially if he's done some prep work and learned some of the local language and customs. Has a job lined up and been to the area on a vacation to learn about the area.

Online krimster2

• Trips: Resident
« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2018, 11:56:27 AM »
ya know somethin?
I know one guy who ISN'T dreaming about living in the FSU!
Paul Whelan!
the accomodations in Lubayanka are not all that great, as I can attest (basement is VERY cold and smells BAD!)
but you do have easy access to the Metro on the way out!
I wonder what airbnb execs in Moscow think about this?
does this mean that Marina Butina will be freed soon?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2018, 02:58:23 PM »
Not much help? Probably true for those who can only go for a week or two at a time. However over the years I've heard a number of men on sites such as RWD, RUA and others that have gone into the FSU for a month or two or more multiple times and still haven't accomplished anything.

If a man has months to spend in the FSU or the Philippines, China, etc and has done this several times he should be able to find success. If he hasn't been successful then perhaps the problem is him? Especially if he's done some prep work and learned some of the local language and customs. Has a job lined up and been to the area on a vacation to learn about the area.

True, I think part of this journey is looking at oneself and asking 'do I need to improve on myself' and 'what feasibly can I improve on' along with 'how much effort/commitment will I need to do to make this improvement'. I'm doing stuff now and got stuff in the pipeline to try and improve. Not that I think I am that way off  (some guys are) but that I think by making some improvements my overall chances will improve both initially and in the long term. Some guys find it hard to look at themselves and ask what improvement could benefit them. Other more wealthy guys just throw a lot of money at tge situation. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

I haven't really spent enough time out in the FSU to amount to a guy who has been out there a lot and come up short. I'm more familiar with the dating hand out there now and ways about it but I need to actually get out there for a much longer period.

This whole question though is more about the way of life out there. I don't really mean going oug there to work but the social side of things. Handled right a guy could date a different girl many days of the week out there. That's a hell of a lot different fro  the UK and probably much of the US & elsewhere. Isn't that a more pleasurable environment to be in particularly if you get into an environment where the girls are lusting after and chasing you :)
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2018, 03:22:52 PM »

I'll say it again and again... if you're interested in FSUW, go and visit bringing along one of your interests or hobbies, music, art, sports, trains, architecture, history, cars or whatever and spend some time with like minded folks there.  If you're lucky you might meet an interesting woman to date (friends, friends of friends, etc).  Your overall chances though will be much greater than coming across as just another western 'wife seeker'.  Be yourself, date like you would at home and understand that traveling is expensive.  If you are applying for your first passport without any experience outside your country best to get your feet wet elsewhere before jumping in the deep end of the pool.
fore

Theoretically you could meet someone with similar or compatible interests of dating sites. I've brought up the aiming for same subject before on here and it was pointed out your me rightly now I think that it's not a prerequisite. In fact it could be undesirable for me since I have strong notions in my subject and a girl that jars with that may not get on with me at all well. I think though that subjects I'm not into would probably not work with me either if the girl was into them such as theatre, I've had that situation 2-3 times already and it's not been a winner.

Well Architecture is my subject if interest. It's funny though but I've never really thought of a way to convincingly come to a situation of physical meetings with the Architecture crowd as a whole.

For sure I can check out Architecture schools on Uni webpages on VK and their students and try to link up with students, possibly even go to any end of year exhibitions or the like. The big problem seems to be same as in this country is that there appears to be no individual place where people can come and chat/socialise in person in an informal manner on a casual basis at virtually any time. Everything is usually online or formal networking/conference/train events that last for the one off. Sometimes I think it would be nice just to meet up casually with the odd Architecture type of person and just compare notes, casually discuss Architecture news, themes, interest stories, shoot the breeze as it were in a light hearted manner over a drink in a relaxed comfy bar like atmosphere and then wander on ones way. Now that would be an effective way to meet girls in the same interest subject (not that I would see eye to eye with all of them). To date though I don't see any forum that exists for such a function.

Offline lyndontom

« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2018, 03:41:10 PM »
This whole question though is more about the way of life out there. I don't really mean going oug there to work but the social side of things. Handled right a guy could date a different girl many days of the week out there. That's a hell of a lot different fro  the UK and probably much of the US & elsewhere. Isn't that a more pleasurable environment to be in particularly if you get into an environment where the girls are lusting after and chasing you :)

Trench,

Didn't you spend a week walking around Lviv alone because you weren't able to get a date? You talk utter rubbish on here about British women because the simple fact is you cannot get one.

You can talk about working on yourself, but like most on here I think you're delusional. How do you plan to pay for dates and any sort of lifestyle on your £500 a month? Like others have said, you've made a point of lining up hundreds of women. What are you really looking for? And if it's what it looks like to everyone here, you'll have to pay for it one way or another.
Be honest with yourself. It's not realistic. By all means give it a go and let us know how it works out!  :deadhorse:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541002
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1878
Total: 1889

+-Recent Posts

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM