It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Operation White Panther  (Read 364263 times)

Offline AC

• Banned Member
  • Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 1 - 3
Re: Operation White Panther
« Reply #550 on: November 24, 2014, 02:13:46 PM »
As if the FSU women have a lock on wanting to get married.

As usual you're deeply confused my friend.  I am not interested in marriage; I'm only making conversation with the author of the thread.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:28:57 PM by AnonMod »

Offline Muzh

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: > 10
« Reply #551 on: November 24, 2014, 02:15:45 PM »
As usual you're deeply confused my friend.  I am not interested in marriage; I'm only making conversation with the author of the thread.

Oh, my bad. So you are not looking, eh?
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 05:29:12 PM by AnonMod »
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead. Thomas Paine - The American Crisis 1776-1783

Offline Gator

• Spouse's Country: Russia
« Reply #552 on: November 24, 2014, 02:23:11 PM »
Those who go to the FSU please recognize that FSUW are not compliant women.  Far from it.  You can get a sense of Russian women in the posts made at RWD over the years.   Frankly, I prefer it. 

The expression I recall from many RW is they wanted a man at their side.  They did not want to be behind a man.   

Offline Gator

« Reply #553 on: November 24, 2014, 02:29:37 PM »
Maybe Turkey is a better place to find a traditional women.  The Turkish president said today women cannot be treated as equal to men. :o :o :o :o

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-30183711

Perhaps he was misquoted.  However, the same man claimed earlier this month that "Muslims had discovered the Americas more than 300 years before Christopher Columbus."   He states that Columbus saw a mosque on a Cuban hill.  If so, such is still 200 years after the Vikings, and a long time after human tribes had migrated from Siberia to the Americas.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/muslims-predate-columbus-in-discovering-america-says-turkish-president-erdogan-9863682.html

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #554 on: November 25, 2014, 01:51:20 AM »
Those who go to the FSU please recognize that FSUW are not compliant women.  Far from it.  You can get a sense of Russian women in the posts made at RWD over the years.   Frankly, I prefer it. 

The expression I recall from many RW is they wanted a man at their side.  They did not want to be behind a man.

I don't recall anyone in this thread saying that.  What was said is that they are more serious about getting married.  It was also said that they are slimmer and better looking on average than their WW counterparts, and that a man might be able to marry a younger one.  I recall reading one of your posts where you brag that your wife was a model and that she is much younger than you, so apparently there is some truth in that.

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #555 on: November 25, 2014, 02:18:11 AM »
Do you think that the difference in Western mentality had something to do with you not proposing to a WW?

So it may be that you were sowing some wild oats and also had no intention of getting married.  This is true of many men from the West in their 20's and early 30's.

At least when you went to the FSU it was clear that it was what the majority of women wanted -- there was never any doubt about it, was there?

No it has nothing to do with the western mentality because i was not ready and i didn't think about marriage.
It is only five years ago that i decided to settle down.
When i decided to settle down i thaugt about a proposition of one of my best wife's friend, a russian woman who had always told me "you should meet eastern women".
After my decision was taken it needed me two months to prepare my first travel. During all my FSU journey i still actively dated locally but more i spent time with FSU women and more i noticed how, in average, WW were shallowed and damaged for a LTR. It doesn't mean that i didn't find some nice woman, but finally among the WW there was always something wrong, or my feelings were not enough strong, or her profile didn't fit what i wanted.

It is difficult to say if what i did answered to what a majority of FSU women wanted because, as Boethius wrote it, the women i met were profiled and filtered.
However with my actual knowledge of the country and his demeanor i would FSU women are more likely to be married, in an outstanding proportion. The man is wanted and the natural answer to welcome a man is to live with him, and as they like actions more than words.
 They would like to know if you are ready to cross the rubicon.
Anyway, technically, you need to get married to live with your woman in your country. Except the case of ML, or if you relocate you cannot avoid this, you need this documents.
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline Gator

« Reply #556 on: November 25, 2014, 07:36:26 AM »
I don't recall anyone in this thread saying that.

Not precisely, yet something I interpret as a  possibility.

2 + 2 = 4

2    ("You're a control freak, and the only way you could find a man submissive enough to want to be with you was to look in the USA")

+

2    (use of the term feminist broadly in a derogatory sense)

=

4    (someone who probably has outdated misconceptions about how to value women, not to the point of oppressing women, yet failing to respect them deeply and fully)

That quite possibly is not your case.  However, the 2 + 2 above are not the intellectual vigor I have seen in some of your other posts.   Also, my statement from yesterday was not directed to you or otherwise I would have quoted you directly.  Yet please do not deny that some men going to the FSU seek not only a pretty, young woman but one who has attributes such as deferring to the man if conflicts can not be resolved.   

What was said is that they are more serious about getting married.

The two dating pools of WW and FSUW differ.  FSUW listed with an international marriage broker can be described as follows:

1) They are a small subset of the entire population of FSUW.

2)  They should indeed be serious about getting married if they elect to take the step of listing themselves.

3)  Above average beauty (otherwise agencies would not list them).   

The WM's dating pool of WW is not such a subset, and individual samples from one should differ from the other.   

It was also said that they are slimmer and better looking on average than their WW counterparts, and that a man might be able to marry a younger one.

Someone not knowing better would infer this as objectifying if not commoditizing FSUW.   

I recall reading one of your posts where you brag that your wife was a model and that she is much younger than you, so apparently there is some truth in that.

I am very proud of her.   8) Besides being pretty and young, she revels in her femininity.  I could go on and on, yet keeping to the germane attributes, she is independent, having been self-reliant for much of her adult life.  I really enjoy the aspects of her strong personality that enabled her to accomplish that, and in our marriage I strive to empower her.  I too have a strong personality.  This combination makes for some spirited discussions at times,  :arguing: :D  more than I have ever had with an AW.    Yet it strengthens our relationship.  Life together is wonderful.  :couple:

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #557 on: November 25, 2014, 08:03:56 AM »
As a member throwed a link nammed "boycott american women" i went to the web to search some  reactions as the site is long bashing towards american women.
One came in defense of men :
"greenderss    September 13, 2013 @ 05:15                  Nobody is trying to marry a submissive Russian or Asian women. You just proving to everyone how clueless you are.  I am Russian myself and most women in Russia are not submissive, but they have more family values than majority of american women. Asian women also are more family oriented and have lowest divorce rates compared to US, with highest divorce rates in the world 89% of which are initiated by women.
 While in the US army most of my friends who married american girls got divorced due to women cheating while they were away on deployments or blowing all their money, when 4-6 of my friends that are married to women abroad are still going healthy. Are you going to tell me these men that served several combat tours have no balls too? They are just going for someone more traditional, more family oriented. Also Russia, Asia does not have OBESITY problems and age/look much better due to avoiding sun, unlike here in america where women stupidly bake in tanning salons and sun despite the fact that it was proven that sun and UVA is one of the biggest reasons of skin aging/cancer.
 Now tell me why are men choosing foreign skinny/healthier girls, with more family values, lower divorce rates VERSUS American women that age badly due to tanning, have obesity problems due to bad diet and initiate 89% of divorces in a county with the highest divorce rate in the world. Obviously, they just want someone to build a healthy lasting family with, someone who regards family with higher value due to culture without having to worry about possible divorces, wife suing the man over and taking all possessions, etc.
On a side note, why are there millions of dating websites targeted at american men seeking foreign women, but almost none targeted at foreign men seeking american women."

interesting opinion about tanned skin (it reminds me my wife, so i guess this post is not a one faked by a man or a WW)
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:29:34 AM by Patagonie »
"Je glissais through the paper wall, an angel in the hand, s taboy. I lay on the floor, surgi des chants de Maldoror, je mix l'intégrale de mes nuits de crystal, i belong to the festival.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #558 on: November 25, 2014, 09:05:19 AM »
Someone not knowing better would infer this as objectifying if not commoditizing FSUW.   

I am very proud of her.   8) Besides being pretty and young, she revels in her femininity.  I could go on and on, yet keeping to the germane attributes, she is independent, having been self-reliant for much of her adult life.  I really enjoy the aspects of her strong personality that enabled her to accomplish that, and in our marriage I strive to empower her.  I too have a strong personality.  This combination makes for some spirited discussions at times,  :arguing: :D  more than I have ever had with an AW.    Yet it strengthens our relationship.  Life together is wonderful.  :couple:

So are you admitting to objectifying and commoditizing your wife?  Because that's what it sounds like.  My experience with models is that most do not have a decent education and most have no career prospects once their modeling career is over. 

Other than that I say congratulations -- as long as you support each other like a team.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 09:23:52 AM by AC »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #559 on: November 25, 2014, 10:02:46 AM »
On a side note, why are there millions of dating websites targeted at american men seeking foreign women, but almost none targeted at foreign men seeking american women."

Well duh!     :ROFL:

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #560 on: November 25, 2014, 10:20:51 AM »
why are there millions of dating websites targeted at american men seeking foreign women, but almost none targeted at foreign men seeking american women.

Because women, generally, would not actively seek foreign mates.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #561 on: November 25, 2014, 10:51:41 AM »

Because women, generally, would not actively seek foreign mates.

Are you implying that Russian men would try to date WW if they did?  Because most would not; but those who did might be looking for a green card.  And a small percentage might actually be looking for love.  Same; but in reverse.  Sometimes people just like foreign accents and different ways of looking at things then what they've got at home (is the grass greener, or is it just more interesting?).

Offline Boethius

« Reply #562 on: November 25, 2014, 10:57:59 AM »
There have been attempts to start such sites.  All have failed.   The issue is one of supply/demand.  RM need not look abroad, as there are more RW than RM looking for marriage.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline Gator

« Reply #563 on: November 25, 2014, 11:47:20 AM »

So are you admitting to objectifying and commoditizing your wife?  Because that's what it sounds like.

Now that is an example of twisting.  Care to explain how you inferred such?

My experience with models is that most do not have a decent education and most have no career prospects once their modeling career is over.

My experience differs, admittedly limited to one.  To elaborate will be more bragging and I have exceeded my quota.  Suffice it to say at 49 she is not ready to settle down.   

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #564 on: November 25, 2014, 11:53:33 AM »
Now that is an example of twisting.  Care to explain how you inferred such?

My experience differs, admittedly limited to one.  To elaborate will be more bragging and I have exceeded my quota.  Suffice it to say at 49 she is not ready to settle down.

Does she have a job now or are you her sole financial support? 

Offline Gator

« Reply #565 on: November 25, 2014, 02:41:11 PM »
Does she have a job now or are you her sole financial support?

What do you think?  What are the constraints most RW face when emigrating to the US?   And what does that have to do with the future? 

Offline ML

« Reply #566 on: November 25, 2014, 09:43:47 PM »
What do you think?  What are the constraints most RW face when emigrating to the US?   And what does that have to do with the future?

Not criticizing at all here . . . but I need to brag again.

Ochka spent 3 strenuous years as student at University, and now has job as math instructor at major state university.

One year in Intensive English Program and 2 years in Master of Science degree program.

I am super proud of her and her accomplishments.
A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #567 on: November 25, 2014, 11:56:14 PM »

I'm really not sure -- please pardon if my question was insensitive.  What I am getting at is I think women feel empowered and happier if they have even a part-time job outside the home.  Each women is different, but in general I think this is true.

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #568 on: November 25, 2014, 11:58:13 PM »
Not criticizing at all here . . . but I need to brag again.

Ochka spent 3 strenuous years as student at University, and now has job as math instructor at major state university.

One year in Intensive English Program and 2 years in Master of Science degree program.

I am super proud of her and her accomplishments.

Is your Ochka with you in the USA, or is she still back in Ukraine?  Sorry but I don't know much of your story, except I read you were back in Ukraine (working on a house or apartment)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:09:54 AM by AC »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #569 on: November 26, 2014, 12:48:06 AM »
RM need not look abroad, as there are more RW than RM looking for marriage.

I believe you.  I also believe the Russian women to be slimmer, a bit more beautiful and better dressed than their WW counterparts.   :popcorn:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 12:49:41 AM by AC »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #570 on: November 26, 2014, 01:11:48 AM »
I don't think they are more beautiful.  Slimmer, yes.  But, their men are significantly slimmer than WM as well.  Better dressed?  I don't know if I would say better, but definitely more neatly dressed (pressed, polished).  However, that is also the case with FSUM who are not drunkards vs WM. (by Western, I mean North American.  FSUW are not slimmer, or more stylish than the Parisian women I saw.  I have been told, by more than one traveler, that Italian women are also very stylish and slim, as are Nordic women).

Looking at external factors in choosing a spouse is not a recipe for a happy marriage. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:18:29 AM by Boethius »

Offline AC

• Banned Member
« Reply #571 on: November 26, 2014, 01:17:41 AM »
But, their men are significantly slimmer than WM as well.

That's false.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #572 on: November 26, 2014, 01:18:52 AM »
No, it isn't false. 

Offline Patagonie

• >25 travels
« Reply #573 on: November 26, 2014, 01:47:54 AM »
I don't think they are more beautiful.  Slimmer, yes.  But, their men are significantly slimmer than WM as well.  Better dressed?  I don't know if I would say better, but definitely more neatly dressed (pressed, polished).  However, that is also the case with FSUM who are not drunkards vs WM. (by Western, I mean North American.  FSUW are not slimmer, or more stylish than the Parisian women I saw.  I have been told, by more than one traveler, that Italian women are also very stylish and slim, as are Nordic women).

Looking at external factors in choosing a spouse is not a recipe for a happy marriage.
Being french i would give my opinion about the stylish french or italian women (and i spent 7 years in Paris not so far from Champs Elysées and all  HQ ). It is a myth.
I think that in any big city all around the business districts you have a bunch of stylish men and stylish women due to their occupation. More generally when you are far from these business district you will get the real picture of how stylish is a country. It will give you the true colors of how stylish or fashion a country is.
France is the country birth of many fashion talents and companies (i saw few  months ago the fashion museum in Paris beside the art modern museum) but haute couture is quite confidential. A mode country doesn't necessary mean that their inhabitants are fashion or stylish.
For what i can tell you in my work nowadays (we are far from any business district) is that no more than few percent, man as  women, are stylish.
So in Ukraine, compare to France, a contest is not needed to say that ukrainian women are absolutely more stylish than french women in average. And i am sorry to tell you that, except business men, ukrainian men are a nightmare about fashion. At the best they are groomed with casual clothes (perhaps they think that is stylish or fashion clothes but it is not)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 02:01:42 AM by Patagonie »

Offline Boethius

« Reply #574 on: November 26, 2014, 01:53:44 AM »
Patagonie, I have been to Paris, walked all around, took the metro from one end of the city to the other, stayed in the 18th arrondissement, in a non tourist neighbourhood, and these are my observations.  I have never seen as many beautiful, stylish, and slender women as I did in Paris.  The men, on their way to work, were breathtaking. 

UW, on the whole, dress like tarts.  It is what I describe as a flower for a bee.  As a bee, you perhaps find it more appealing than do I.  ;)   In North America, women cannot dress as they do in Ukraine, as they'd be harassed continuously. 

UM who drink do not dress well.  Most men after work are dressed casually, but again, when you see men going to work, they are generally more neatly dressed than are men in North America, or at least, in the parts of North America I've been in, which is pretty much everywhere but the US East coast.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 01:56:01 AM by Boethius »

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 540999
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1870
Total: 1881

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 07:59:27 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 07:04:53 PM

Ukrainian refugee working for me now by ML
Yesterday at 06:59:45 PM

Re: What to do by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 06:57:42 PM