It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Ukraine's Future  (Read 4852 times)

Online krimster2

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: Resident
Ukraine's Future
« on: February 27, 2020, 08:13:00 PM »
draft dodgers dodging the draft, just like "back in the day"
almost NO support for the Ukrainian government eastward from Kyiv...
most of the soldiers and volunteers are stariks and dadooshkie
almost no young people now
what does that tell you?

when Russia shuts off the gas
and when massive fraud brings down the banking system
and no bailout from the west
leads to a total collapse of the Ukrainian currency and economy
there will be a series of coups directed against the government
that starts to produce a high civilian death toll
and more and more people beg for the Russian military to intervene
until they do...

and then Putin will become our new czar for life
titles and land will be handed out to those who hold him on their shoulders
everyone in Russia who counts are all gonna be paid
ka-ching

« Last Edit: February 27, 2020, 08:27:38 PM by krimster2 »

Offline msmob

• Trips: > 10
Ukraine's Future
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2020, 10:34:31 PM »

almost NO support for the Ukrainian government eastward from Kyiv...

Hmm

On what do you base this interesting assertion ?

The link below shows that President 'Green' won support across most of the country under govt control - the exceptions being in THE WEST ! ;)

http://tinyurl.com/v4vgxza

Online krimster2

Ukraine's Future
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2020, 06:10:59 AM »
nah, i'm not talking about Zelensky
I'm talking about support for "Ukraine"

what do you think would happen if Mexican soldiers invaded Texas and surrounded American military bases....
how many shots do you think would be fired?
in Crimea, not one was fired by the Ukrainian military, and more than half of the soldiers switched to the Russian side....
this...

you see very few young soldiers on the front line in Donbass, average age is in the 40s
and this is WITH conscription...
when I was an enlistee in the US Army average age was 19
compare and contrast....

the advantage to this situation, is that when the war comes it will be more like Crimea than Donbass
it will be over quickly

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
Ukraine's Future
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2020, 08:37:08 AM »
Crimea was never truly "Ukrainian", krimster.  That's untrue of other regions of Ukraine.  The feeling of being "Ukrainian" exists in every region of Ukraine, but for Donbas.

You don't seem to understand history very well.  If Ukraine descends further into chaos, history tells us there will be a societal explosion, probably with a significant amount of violence.

This post was composed without the aid of google.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

Re: Ukraine's Future
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2020, 09:58:33 AM »
"If Ukraine descends further into chaos, history tells us there will be a societal explosion, probably with a significant amount of violence."

so...
because I say that most Ukrainians don’t have positive feelings enough for their “country”
to make large sacrifices for it, your conclusion is that I must be ignorant of Ukraine’s history?

don’t shoot the messenger because you don’t like the message
about what he merely observes

zelensky can’t sell war, because the Ukrainian people aren’t willing to pay the price for it...
most feel they’d be better off being ruled by Moscva and not Kyiv anyway

when the time is right, Right Sector and the battalions will be used by Putin to attack the government run by “zhid crooks”

it all goes down hill from there

« Last Edit: February 28, 2020, 10:15:12 AM by krimster2 »

Online krimster2

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2020, 02:26:14 PM »
Putin is staking his future -- under whatever leadership title he adopts -- on the 'integration' of Ukraine into Russia...
if you want to place your bet against him, go ahead, but I guarantee you, everyone in Russia is counting on him to at least win Odessa
including me...
as well as a hell of a lot of people within the current borders of Ukraine
after the collapse of Ukraine
let there be some little Ruthenian Republic in the Carpathians, so the Cossacks can do their wild dances their own unique way
and let let Hungary have their little piece to...

and just let the memory fade...

Offline ML

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
Lawmaker and former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko has officially declared a bizarre money transfer of Hr 148.35 million ($5.5 million) from a U.S. firm.

Tymoshenko, leader of the Batkivshchyna party, which has 24 seats in parliament, said in her asset declaration that she received the money on April 24 from U.S. law firm Reid Collins & Tsai LLP as part of a pre-trial settlement of compensation for political repressions against her in 2011-2014.

http://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/tymoshenko-says-she-got-5-5-million-from-us-as-compensation-for-persecution.html

A beautiful woman is pleasant to look at, but it is easier to live with a pleasant acting one.

Offline BillyB

Lawmaker and former Prime Minister Yulia Tymoshenko has officially declared a bizarre money transfer of Hr 148.35 million ($5.5 million) from a U.S. firm.

Tymoshenko, leader of the Batkivshchyna party, which has 24 seats in parliament, said in her asset declaration that she received the money on April 24 from U.S. law firm Reid Collins & Tsai LLP as part of a pre-trial settlement of compensation for political repressions against her in 2011-2014.

http://www.kyivpost.com/ukraine-politics/tymoshenko-says-she-got-5-5-million-from-us-as-compensation-for-persecution.html

The Ukrainian government settled? She was smart to use a US law firm considering Ukraine is needing America right now.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline GQBlues

• Trips: None (yet)
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2020, 09:57:55 AM »
She was released by the US from prison during the maidan. Accompanied by Madeline Albright. She was the US chosen presidential candidate at the time. She didn't make it as president, but at least the US is still showing her loyalty. She's still in public office so she can still be of use for us somewhat.
Quote from: msmob
1. Because of 'man', global warming is causing desert and arid areas to suffer long, dry spell.
2. The 2018 Camp Fire and Woolsey California wildfires are forests burning because of global warming.
3. N95 mask will choke you dead after 30 min. of use.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2020, 01:17:07 PM »
Tymoshenko was a plague on Ukraine.

When she was prime minister, she was taking Russian gas which had been paid for by the Ukrainian state at preferential prices, and then reselling it to Europe at ten times the price, and personally pocketing the price differential.  Her entire fortune was acquired by stealing from the Ukrainian people.

Russia threatened her with exposure.  To avoid this, she went back and committed Ukraine to gas contracts and far higher prices than they were paying.  I can't recall the number now, but I posted it at the time. 

This $5 million represents her ill gotten profits, when the Yanukovych government charged her for what she should have been in prison for years earlier.  Russia isn't cooperating now, so there is no way to prove, legally, that the monies belong to the Ukrainian state.

She's nothing more than a common thief, the type that will hasten Ukraine's return to Russia.  She deserves to die like a dog in the streets for all the misery she's inflicted on Ukrainians.

This post was composed without the aid of google.

After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline SteveInBoston

• Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2020, 03:10:51 PM »
so...
because I say that most Ukrainians don’t have positive feelings enough for their “country”
to make large sacrifices for it, your conclusion is that I must be ignorant of Ukraine’s history?

Krim,  I assume you are basing your opinion from your time spent in Crimea.

Many who were loyal or identified themselves as Ukrainian fled Crimea during or after the coup.  Only those who identified more with russia stayed behind.

Same with Donbas.  People left for Mariupol, Kharkiv, Kyiv and other parts of Ukraine when the separatists took over.  One couple T knows went further west to Poland.

Those who now live in Ukraine, except Crimea and the separatist region, identify themselves as Ukrainian. 

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541279
Total Topics: 20859
Most Online Today: 2190
Most Online Ever: 12701