It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: Trench's Questions and Philosophies  (Read 477272 times)

Offline msmob

• Spouse's Country: Russia
  • Trips: > 10
Re: Trench's Questions and Philosophies
« Reply #2300 on: August 17, 2018, 12:31:14 AM »
Pretty girl, Bournemouth Uni student perhaps?

Well if it's not money then she's probably gone fir a Mr Personality type of guy, a bit 'in crowdy'.

Let me guess, she posted the photo on Instagram ;D

A fail on all counts - What ARE you good at ? (( The photo was promoting her biz

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Spouse's Country: Ukraine
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2301 on: August 17, 2018, 12:43:10 AM »
A fail on all counts - What ARE you good at ? (( The photo was promoting her biz

Which is?
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #2302 on: August 17, 2018, 12:51:44 AM »
Which is?

Bearing in mind your proximity - keep guessing

Offline msmob

« Reply #2303 on: August 17, 2018, 03:47:03 AM »
My first wife was Irish. (Passed away)
An amazing women everyone loved.
I fell for her in about a day..lol granted she felt the same so we never really parted after that first meeting ,love at first sight and all that. It does occur.

Dear AJ/Jumper

The sad thing is I fell in love with my 'Irish' wife the first time I saw her, too - but I found it hard to love her when she became pregnant and the mood swings ...  we lasted 10 years - but only stayed to be with the kids ... ((

It was better for them for us to live separate lives

Offline John Gaunt

« Reply #2304 on: August 17, 2018, 04:23:13 AM »
“We don’t go around sniffing arseholes like dogs do”

well...
on second thought, never mind....
:welcome:

Offline Boethius

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: No Selection
« Reply #2305 on: August 17, 2018, 05:15:01 AM »
trench,
   as I said earlier, I don't think you have a "small problem" but a large one, and that even if I don't understand the nature of this problem, I think maybe YOU do, but are ignoring whatever it is

100% I know lack of money is a big problem for you . .

I think she's out there, just not in Ukraine

An FSUW willing to move abroad has a specific type of personality.  If she didn't, she would not have the ability (I mean psychologically)  to move abroad.  I think this, in particular, is why this quest is not for Trench.  Such women will want to work, and typically are quite ambitious.  Those that are willing to stay at home usually have husbands who are relatively wealthy, and can provide them the finer things in life. 

When I think of the FSUW who posted here, some ended up with really great careers, some worked alongside their husbands in their husbands' businesses, and a few did not work, but they all married rather wealthy men, and chose to make their husbands' six figure careers a priority for the family.  When I think of the FSUW I know personally, all of them work, even those who never had to.  One woman I know, who had a coveted position in the FSU, works as a custodian, although her husband had tons of money, and she didn't have to work.  She wanted to work.  He was retired, and drove her to work daily.  She couldn't really find another position, as she doesn't speak English well, and never bothered to learn.  Her husband would have sent her children in the FSU money monthly, but she wanted to do so, and she was bored sitting at home.  Her husband passed away recently, and she still works, taking the bus over an hour each way, because she doesn't want to sit at home, although she has a paid for home, her late husband's pension, and hundreds of thousands of dollars in savings at her disposal.

So, I don't think the "personality" of such FSUW will be for Trench.  He doesn't want a "go getter", and certainly, such a woman, or even one who stays home, will demand he make a far better salary than he does currently.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 05:17:56 AM by Boethius »
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
  • Trips: Resident
« Reply #2306 on: August 17, 2018, 05:50:02 AM »
agree with what you say...

but the FSU has a LOT of personality types and not only the one you've described
I don't know if you've ever seen any of the "mismatched" couples of Ukrainian Woman/Western Man like I have
where you just scratch your head and probably have a puzzled look on your face, and these relationships have a DIFFERENT dynamic
but the odds of finding "one of these" is much less than finding what you describe (my wife's one of those)

it's hard for me to penetrate Trench's opaqueness, Trench to me is the opposite of the noted story teller BillyB
BillyB is VERY transparent to me, I find it hard to understand Trench, and for me that's UNUSUAL
I have a feeling that there is something else "going on" besides finances
it's just too difficult to "see" through an RWD lens

all of my experience validates what you say, that Ukraine is not at all the right place for Trench, unless he wants to "play"
but the hour glass is emptying...
according to a survey, men reach their peak of desirability at age 40, I believe Trench's current age
therefor going forward, Trench will have even less of a chance...

my experience in the UK, you HAVE to be in a big city, this MAXIMIZES your opportunity
for a 100 different reasons, I feel that this is the better choice for Trench

my inadequate explanation of not judging and showing compassion, and in return not being judged and receiving compassion, is important but not understood by Trench

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2307 on: August 17, 2018, 05:55:30 AM »
Yes, there are a lot of personality types in all countries.  However, those that are willing to leave everything known behind, to move to a new country, alone, have specific personality traits.  The only ones I know of who don't are girls, usually youngish, who were talked into marriage by their mothers.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2308 on: August 17, 2018, 06:08:11 AM »
"The only ones I know of who don't are girls, usually youngish, who were talked into marriage by their mothers.
Report to moderator  "

add to that women whose circumstances and life experiences in Ukraine would make you cry...
that's the other type I see...
and they are more common than one would think (or not, it's Ukraine after all)
would not advise Trench to marry one of these, most but not all are damaged, and it would be hard for any spouse to cope
but I have seen these relationships work
where two cripples who can not stand by themselves, somehow are able to stand by holding on to each other...
it's rare, but it sometimes does happen

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2309 on: August 17, 2018, 06:12:51 AM »
Yes, but it is unlikely such women are on dating sites.

I would add, I am just stating my view based on years of observation.  But in the end, Trench has to do what he believes is right for him.  It is usually the risks we don't take that haunt us, however, if he is going to embark on this, he needs to be looser with the cash.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 04:07:43 PM by Boethius »

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2310 on: August 17, 2018, 06:25:09 AM »
msmob

love Oxford, I designed a chip for a company in Cambridge called ANT Communications
spent some time there...thatched roofs...what happens if there's a fire???
used to take the bus back and forth between Oxford and Cambridge, passed the river i've seen in films for the "oxford/cambridge rowing contest"
normally buses don't allow you a good look at the scenery
but with this bus, I usually had my face glued to the window

did you live in Yorkshire up North, didja eat the puddin?
my daughter's learned to make Yorkshire pudding, it has no influence on the size of her allowance  ;)

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2311 on: August 17, 2018, 06:35:07 AM »
"...but it is unlikely such women are on dating sites."

Yes, VERY unlikely they'd be on a dating site, abused people don't have the confidence, and are more fearful

"however, if he is going to embark on this, he needs to be looser with the cash."

money, or the lack of it, is a SHOWSTOPPER, as far as I am concerned, Trench and I are very different
for me the anxiety that I might disappoint my spouse, would be overpowering
I don't think Trench feels this...

"It is usually the risks we don't take that haunt us"

was this statement spawned by something you've read about, or personal experience?
i'm all ooshkie...

Offline Boethius

« Reply #2312 on: August 17, 2018, 06:50:46 AM »
I generally don't regret things, as I believe everything happens for a reason.  I do regret not taking a government job when I had the opportunity.  The work would not have been as interesting as what I was exposed to, it was litigation oriented, but it would have given me more free time.  But, I have met a lot of fascinating people in my work that I otherwise would not have ever met, so I guess this was my path.

I know lots of people who regret paths they didn't choose.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2313 on: August 17, 2018, 07:18:36 AM »
my similar regret, when my "time was up" in the military, they dangled a "plum" in front of me
if I "re-upped" they would send me to the "Defense Language Institute" at the Presidio of Monterey, California and I could pick whatever language I wanted
at the time, it was considered the best 2nd language learning institution in the USA
but, I'd have to pull 4 more years, I said "no thanks"
in 1992, I ended up meeting Gorbachev and Raisa at this very place, which was hosting a fundraiser for Gorbachev's foundation
I sat across from an elderly Russian man, who was Stalin's English translator!!!

I think if I had picked Mandarin, I probably would have ended up eventually moving to China and being a permanent resident there
one of the potential career moves for my daughter, was law, she's bi-lingual Russian/English, I thought someone like her with a specialization in Russian/American finance
would be in great demand in the future
glad she rejected this, cuz look where that's going!!!!

Offline msmob

« Reply #2314 on: August 17, 2018, 08:25:09 AM »

love Oxford, I designed a chip for a company in Cambridge called ANT Communications

Have only heard of a Slough based Co. of that name - HATED living in Oxford ..if you aren't part of the academic scene ....

used to take the bus back and forth between Oxford and Cambridge, passed the river i've seen in films for the "oxford/cambridge rowing contest"

??

As that's in London - don't know how ? ;)

The Service is now the X5 - used to involve two bused in my day .. One to Bedford - then change for Cambridge

did you live in Yorkshire up North, didja eat the puddin?
my daughter's learned to make Yorkshire pudding, it has no influence on the size of her allowance  ;)

It is a national 'dish' ... :)))

If your thatch roof catches fire - better hope you're insured

Offline BdHvA

« Reply #2315 on: August 17, 2018, 08:30:20 AM »
If your thatch roof catches fire - better hope you're insured

In the Netherlands it is becoming difficult to insure thatched roofs, what is the reality in the UK?
Experierence is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you. A. Huxley

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2316 on: August 17, 2018, 08:32:12 AM »
t'was awhile back, I think "ANT" was bought or something

that wasn't the river!  it sure looked like it to me, and I saw some rowers out there, and it looked like the PERFECT spot

the thatched roof seemed odd to me in what would otherwise be a conventional looking house

makes sense to split up the ride, don't remember how long it was, maybe 2 hour?
but a REALLY nice ride

Offline msmob

« Reply #2317 on: August 17, 2018, 09:00:31 AM »
3 hrs 40 mins

http://www.stagecoachbus.com/plan-a-journey  Enter Oxford and Cambridge ! 

Used to be nearly 3 hours to Bedford from O'ford and another 1hr 40 to Cambridge

Offline msmob

« Reply #2318 on: August 17, 2018, 09:03:17 AM »
In the Netherlands it is becoming difficult to insure thatched roofs, what is the reality in the UK?

Even an 'ass' could find that answer ( quoting your description of me  ;D )  ....

Now anytime you can prove where I've misled or fibbed - or you could be a good chap and admit that you know you posted bollox

Offline BillyB

« Reply #2319 on: August 17, 2018, 09:06:43 AM »
prove where I've misled or fibbed -

You're living in la la land if you don't think you mislead or lie. Almost every time you talk about American politics is a good place to start.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2320 on: August 17, 2018, 09:17:51 AM »
it's possible that when I bought tickets, that I got a "bus transfer"
the memory of the ticket purchase vastly overshadowed by the scenery (last time was 15 yr ago)

I think it was the last stop at oxford, there was a "Georgain" looking building with some 18th century(?) gravestones in front, all right outside the window
no way my American University would have graves in front of one of the admin buildings in the campus, unexpected and unique

in the USA we have strict "building codes" thatched roofs are illegal
why do people choose this, esthetics, tradition?

Offline Trenchcoat

• 🇺🇦
  • Trips: 4 - 10
« Reply #2321 on: August 17, 2018, 09:31:57 AM »
Bearing in mind your proximity - keep guessing

Beautician.
"If you make your own bread, then and only then, are you a free man unchained and alive living in pooty tang paradise, or say no and live in Incel island with all the others." - Krimster

Offline msmob

« Reply #2322 on: August 17, 2018, 09:38:35 AM »
Beautician.

I refer the honourable gentleman to the advice of earlier ... 'keep guessing' [ not a bad guess - she did study in that field ]
« Last Edit: August 17, 2018, 09:45:18 AM by msmob »

Online krimster2

• He/Him
« Reply #2323 on: August 17, 2018, 09:41:02 AM »
i'm going to guess something "sales" related
in the usa a lot of beautiful women go into sales
probably most lucrative here would be pharmaceuticals and selling to doctors/hospitals
they're all beautiful young women
a strange coincidence, idn't

Offline msmob

« Reply #2324 on: August 17, 2018, 09:48:06 AM »
You're living in la la land if you don't think you mislead or lie. Almost every time you talk about American politics is a good place to start.

Poor Silly BillyB - unlike you - I understand the difference between an informed opinion and what you post ...

Said 'gentleman' is probably hoping for help from someone - if you feel you can 'help' him - amuse us  :ROFL:

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8884
Latest: Eugeneecott
New This Month: 0
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541446
Total Topics: 20864
Most Online Today: 1558
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 9
Guests: 1536
Total: 1545

+-Recent Posts

Hard work -- How can I explain this to my Russian wife? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 01:53:18 PM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:57:05 AM

Russian/Ukranian women - views on sex before marriage? by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:55:23 AM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 10:11:31 AM

Re: international travel by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:44:27 AM

international travel by 2tallbill
Yesterday at 09:21:35 AM

Re: Interesting Articles by JohnDearGreen
Yesterday at 08:06:48 AM

Re: The stupidity you get in the UK these days by krimster2
Yesterday at 05:12:27 AM

The stupidity you get in the UK these days by Trenchcoat
Yesterday at 04:13:58 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Trenchcoat
April 27, 2024, 05:23:57 PM