It appears you have not registered with our community. To register please click here ...

!!

Welcome to Russian Women Discussion - the most informative site for all things related to serious long-term relationships and marriage to a partner from the Former Soviet Union countries!

Please register (it's free!) to gain full access to the many features and benefits of the site. Welcome!

+-

Author Topic: American dating sites  (Read 7808 times)

Offline civi68

• Spouse's Country: No Selection
  • Trips: 4 - 10
American dating sites
« on: August 23, 2015, 06:29:21 AM »
Wow, guys on this site are not only getting exposed to wanting to cheat but that they were also duped that the site is 90% men and many of the women profiles are fake. From what I see at work and elsewhere, attractive married women can find guys anywhere and don't need a site. With any type of American dating site having much more men than women with some of the attractive women profiles being fake, this is also a wake up call for the single guys out there that many guys are duped by dating sites into paying for something that isn't really there.
[/size]http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/21/technology/ashley-madison-hack/index.html[/color]

Offline Larry1

American dating sites
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2015, 07:54:59 AM »
I think this hacking should be thoroughly investigated and prosecuted. I'm concerned for what it portends for electronic commerce. I've never used AshleyMadison, but I do use Amazon.com and I don't want my credit card information stolen. My cable/internet provider and insurance company also keep my credit card information on file.

Offline alex330

• Spouse's Country: Ukraine
American dating sites
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2015, 08:41:02 AM »
Ashley Madison is believed to be an inside job from employees who used to work there and are advocates for privacy, data deletion, and security. The company itself is reckless and should be sued for negligence. They were warned and did not correct the flaws in their system. It is doubtful those who were involved are caught.

Offline BillyB

• Trips: > 10
American dating sites
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2015, 08:56:11 AM »
"The hack has also revealed that nearly all of Ashley Madison's customers were men -- 90% to 95%, according to experts who analyzed the leaked documents. Most of the "women" listed on the site were actually fake accounts created by scammers."

Many of what they call "scammers" in the article are actually agency employees working to give men lots of attention luring them to sign up and renew memberships. Lots of American, and in this case Canadian, dating sites are no different than FSU agencies.

A few days ago I read a news article about this hack and that the CEO has always been faithful to his wife below.

"Touting himself as the “The King of Infidelity,” the founder of the adultery site Ashley Madison built his livelihood around the unconventional philosophy that cheating is a natural part of married life — yet he says he is a devoted husband, and his wife of 12 years says she would be devastated if he was unfaithful."

" The hackers have accused the company of filling the site with fake profiles and extorting fees for wiping profiles that were never truly deleted."

http://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/ceo-of-cheating-website-says-hes-faithful-husband/
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline RoboCop

• Spouse's Country: Azerbaijan
American dating sites
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2015, 09:40:34 AM »
No surprise here. I wouldn't be surprised if some of the more 'legitimate' MOB sites like Russian Cupid or Brazilian Cupid did the same thing. Most local, paid per letter dating sites have a lot of fake female profiles. That's why it's stupid to use pay per letter sites. Despite what companies may claim, most of the girls are just interested in getting you to use up your credit to buy new credits, and when you suggest to meet up or communicate privately, they vanish into thin air, along with all the money you spent.

There are only a handful of dating sites I trust, EM is one of them, but also a few free ones.
Married 3 years now, with a 2 year old son. Wife is from Baku, the capital of Azerbaijan.

Offline BillyB

American dating sites
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2015, 10:57:44 AM »
There are only a handful of dating sites I trust, EM is one of them,

EM uses feeder agencies and those agencies have a mind of their own and are motivated to make money. One member here said his wife didn't even write her first letter to him. EM is better than most agencies but there are games played there too. Best a guy get off the agency as soon as he can and phone and Skype with the ladies.
Fund the audits, spread the word and educate people, write your politicians and other elected officials. Stay active in the fight to save our country. Over 220 generals and admirals say we are in a fight for our survival like no other time since 1776.

Offline Boethius

• Trips: No Selection
Re: American dating sites
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 03:36:41 PM »
From what I see at work and elsewhere, attractive married women can find guys anywhere and don't need a site.

It is a difference in what the sexes are seeking, I suspect.

Women who cheat aren't usually doing so for sexual adventure.  They are usually looking for something emotional that they aren't getting in their marriages.  So, in general, they aren't going to go looking for casual sex.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Offline alex330

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 06:38:06 PM »
And the lawsuits start. A million divorces estimated to follow over the next several years as well.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/here-come-the-lawsuits-ashley-madison-faces-578m-class-action-in-canada

Offline fathertime

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 06:50:23 PM »
Wow, guys on this site are not only getting exposed to wanting to cheat but that they were also duped that the site is 90% men and many of the women profiles are fake. 

When similar things are done in Russia/Ukraine or South America, it is considered a scammer business....on a US site apparently it is just considered business. 

What a sham though...all those guys paid, and thought they would be hooked up with young and willing babes anonymously...and they actually outnumbered the real women around 19-1.   
Fathertime!   

I just happened to be browsing about the internet....

Offline BillyB

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2015, 07:49:40 PM »
What a sham though...all those guys paid, and thought they would be hooked up with young and willing babes anonymously...and they actually outnumbered the real women around 19-1.   
Fathertime!

Although the CEO cheated on all his customers, he stayed faithful to his wife so he does have an ounce of decency! Goes to show you the overwhelming majority of men on dating sites foreign and domestic are clueless that they are trading love/sex letters with Tom, Dick and Hairy, the employees of the month.

Offline Boethius

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2015, 08:11:42 PM »
And the lawsuits start. A million divorces estimated to follow over the next several years as well.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/web/here-come-the-lawsuits-ashley-madison-faces-578m-class-action-in-canada

Canada isn't the U.S.  There will be no jury trial.  There is an expectation of privacy, but I think because the information was released due to hackers, rather than because of the site, that lawsuit will be an uphill battle.  I suspect it will be settled out of court.
After the fall of communism, the biggest mistake Boris Yeltsin's regime made was not to disband the KGB altogether. Instead it changed its name to the FSB and, to many observers, morphed into a gangster organisation, eventually headed by master criminal Vladimir Putin. - Gerard Batten

Online Faux Pas

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 07:40:08 AM »
It reminds me of the old adage "Oh what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive". If there is any justice in this world none of those class action plaintiffs will get a cent. The cheaters signed up and paid money to find willing cheating partners and got cheated and exposed for the cheaters they are themselves. That my friends is karma  :clapping:

Offline BillyB

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 10:28:05 PM »

A few tv stars names have popped up. More to come?

http://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/husbands-snooki-real-housewives-ny-030400022.html

Offline tfcrew

• North Texas... Married 21 years
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2015, 01:25:03 PM »
I've been wondering for awhile here....
Who the hell is Ashley Madison?
I looked it up and couldn't find anything.
Then I realized that I had looked up Dolly Madison.

Almost None of the Women in the Ashley Madison Database Ever Used the Site

When hacker group Impact Team released the Ashley Madison data, they asserted that “thousands” of the women’s profiles were fake. Later, this number got blown up in news stories that asserted “90-95%” of them were fake, though nobody put forth any evidence for such an enormous number. So I downloaded the data and analyzed it to find out how many actual women were using Ashley Madison, and who they were.
What I discovered was that the world of Ashley Madison was a far more dystopian place than anyone had realized. This isn’t a debauched wonderland of men cheating on their wives. It isn’t even a sadscape of 31 million men competing to attract those 5.5 million women in the database. Instead, it’s like a science fictional future where every woman on Earth is dead, and some Dilbert-like engineer has replaced them with badly-designed robots.

http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CEO lays steps down...

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/28/news/ashley-madison-ceo-hack/

CEO? Is this a fortune 500 company?

~There is no one more blind than those who refuse to see and none more deaf as those who will not listen~
~Think about the intelligence of the average person and then realize that half of the people are even more stupid than that~

Offline Slumba

• Banned Member
  • Trips: 1 - 3
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2015, 06:15:58 PM »
---------------------------------------------------------------

CEO lays steps down...

http://money.cnn.com/2015/08/28/news/ashley-madison-ceo-hack/

CEO? Is this a fortune 500 company?

They were trying to go public.  They had hoped to raise about $200 million USD from their IPO.  Of course, that will not happen now.
Me gusta ir de compras con mi tarjeta verde...

Offline BillyB

« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2015, 08:12:00 PM »
http://gizmodo.com/almost-none-of-the-women-in-the-ashley-madison-database-1725558944

Interesting article. Millions of men communicating with ghost writers. Goes to show you that men who pursue international women aren't the only ones being duped.

Offline BillyB

« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2016, 11:50:45 PM »

Ashley Madison fined by the American government 1.6 million dollars. Ashley Madison also promises not to use female bots and programs to write to men. Considering the website is over 95% men, I don't see paying members staying too long when there's hardly any real women there.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/technology/ashley-madison-dating-site-to-pay-dollar16-mn-over-breach/ar-AAlyY6q?li=AA4Zoy&ocid=spartanntp

Offline alex330

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2016, 09:11:20 AM »
Considering the website is over 95% men, I don't see paying members staying too long when there's hardly any real women there.

You'd be surprised. Men still use Match.com and Yahoo Personals and they did the same thing.

+-RWD Stats

Members
Total Members: 8883
Latest: Leroy14
New This Month: 1
New This Week: 0
New Today: 0
Stats
Total Posts: 541003
Total Topics: 20849
Most Online Today: 2013
Most Online Ever: 12701
(January 14, 2020, 07:04:55 AM)
Users Online
Members: 11
Guests: 1869
Total: 1880

+-Recent Posts

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by ML
Today at 10:31:43 AM

Re: What to do by krimster2
Today at 09:47:10 AM

What to do by 2tallbill
Today at 09:37:41 AM

Re: If you don't know what you are talking about, post away anyway by 2tallbill
Today at 09:18:17 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Today at 07:00:25 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Brillynt
Today at 06:16:36 AM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by krimster2
Yesterday at 09:20:42 PM

Re: American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 09:12:54 PM

Yesterday at 09:02:12 PM

American With Russian Fiancé - Scheduled For K1 Interview In Warsaw, BUT.... by Infoman
Yesterday at 08:45:42 PM